Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Over the counter male fertility test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Over the counter male fertility test

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 7 months now. We recently found a male fertility test at CVS for $30 and decided to try it out. We tried it this morning and, according to it, my husband has low sperm count. Now he is really depressed and moody because he feels that he is the reason why we have not had a baby yet. The test indicates that it is 78% effective. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this test. I am hoping that we did not do the test right, or that somehow it is wrong so that he doesn't have to feel this way. We plan on seeing a doctor soon to determine if this is true, but i would just like to know if someone has used or heard about this test before and is it reliable????
Thank you.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
It's pretty reliable, but 2 SA's done at a lab give you a better overall picture. My dh's first SA showed below average morphology and motility, but his second one was fine! He developed a bad cold right after the 1st SA, and I think that was a factor. Also, he started taking an herbal prostate blend after the first one, so that may have helped improve his #'s.
Blank
what is that herbal blend...need it for my husband.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
I bought it at CVS, but it looks like Walgreen's carries it too.:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod987967&CATID=100151&navAction=push&navCount=1
Blank
178698_tn?1228777938
I believe it's very reliable.  It just checks to see if the the sperm count is greater than 20 million per milliter.   But there are more things associated with the sperm analysis than just the count.

Did you do the test twice?

Did he abstain for the recommended # of days??

Blank
178698_tn?1228777938
PS _ the only reason I am telling you taht it works is because we got a result that is representative of the result when my DH got a semen analysis in the docs office.   We know is sperm count is > than 20 million per milliter.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank