Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ovulate after HCG trigger shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Ovulate after HCG trigger shot

Can anyone confirm that you are suppose to ovulate 36 hours after HCG.  Does that sound correct?    Or is it they do the IUI 36 hours after HCG shot?  

Also  I've made DH abstain since Sunday afternoon, so that he would have a decent number of swimmers.   Do you think this matters or helps.  Shouldn't this increase number of swimmers?

Or as a precaution do you think we should BD tonight and then the IUI tomorrow?

Avatar n tn
I've read that abstaining more than 1 or 2 days isn't a good idea, cuz, yes there are more swimmers, but the motility and morphology may be compromised.  Not sure why, but that's what I've read.  HTH, and good luck with IUI...hope you get your BFP soon afterwords...babydust to ya
My RE said 1-2 days is best.
Avatar n tn
i was told by my RE that 30 - 40 hours after the HCG shot is when you ovulate.  As far as the timing of bd, i do not know.  I was curious about that myself.  Good luck!
Avatar n tn
I would not bd before the IUI.  Wait until afterwards.