Ovulating but not getting pregnant....
I am in round 5 of taking clomid at 100mg, and I have ovulated every cycle on day 19 or 20 (or at least i got a positive opk test on that day). My question is, why am I still not getting pregnant? We have been using pre-seed as well, and still no luck. My fear is that I know it is recommended to only use clomid for 6 cycles, so what happens next?
Are you taking your temps as well? Just because you get a positive OPK does not mean that you are ovulating. A rise in temps is a very good indicator of ovulating tho. I have taken Clomid and gotten positive OPKs but did not ovulate.
I had asked my doctor before starting the clomid if i should do BBT charting, but i have always had VERY irregular cycles, and he said it really wouldn't be worth the effort so no, i haven't been. i have been thinking about doing it my next cycle jsut to see what happens though. thank you! wouldn't it be a pretty big coincidence though that i have gotten 4 positive opk's on the same day  every cycle if i am not ovulating? and i also get cramping on those days as well, usually about 2 days before and 2 days after ovulation supposedly occurred. its just all so confusing, and i am just feeling anxious because i am about 10 days into my tww....just crossing my fingers that it isn't another BFN....
Well it does sound like you are ovulating, that is great!  I am also in the 2ww. I take Clomid 100mg days 3-7. I am going in on Thurs to have my progesterone level checked. That def gives you an answer if a healthy ovualtion occured.
my dr hasn't requested that i come in and get any levels checked, but he did make an appt for me to come in next month and see what is going on. what cycle of clomid are you in? i have another question....my cycle is generally 36 days, and two weeks after ov would be cd 33, can i take a test then or should i wait til i miss my period?
Yes, I would test at cd 33... :)
I am on my second cycle of Clomid.  
When I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2. I got pregnant with her on my 3rd cycle of clomid. I did 2 months of 50mg and 1 month of 100mg.  Hoping the 100mg works as well for me this time.
good luck to you!! i am going to try to hold out on testing til the 28th then, although its so hard.....
Keep me posted on how it goes!
Hi.  I'm right there with you.  I'm not taking clomid anymore, though.  I O on my own every cycle like clockwork, literally!  My husband's semen analysis is good, I'm good, but we haven't gotten pregnant yet.  I guess it's just a waiting game & we just have to be patient.  Good luck to you & don't lose hope :)
He said it wouldn't be worth the effort?  Wow.  I don't think I've heard any doctor say that.  Otherwise how do you know for certain that you ovulated?  When you get a + OPK that means you should ovulate within the next 24 hours.  The only way to know if you actually did is if your temp goes up and stays up until your period starts or you're pg.  Also, are you checking your CM?  EWCM is a good indicator that you are about to ovulate too.
i can't really rely on my CM because clomid has such drastic effects on that. the only change is i am either dry or sticky, and there is no rhyme or reason to when and which it is. he said not to do the bbt because i was so irregular that it would all over the place. i am 99% certain that i am ovulating, because of the cramping, and the positive opk on the same day every cycle...
Hi I did 4 rounds of clomid and nothing so moved to IUI and just got pregnant first round.
I have heard if clomid does not work 5/6 rounds then its not likely too particularly if your over 35. I have also heard IUI doesn't either after 3/4 but I am almost 37 and it worked for me so....
good luck it could just be it takes time that's all.
I have really irregular cycles (they are anywhere from 22 days to 56+ days long).  I was also diagnosed with PCOS.  I don't ovulate at all except for when I was taking Clomid.  My doctor still advised me to take my temp and keep track of it (and they were as accurate as you can get).  I guess I'm just confused because even though your cycles are irregular Clomid should regulate them enough for you to get accurate temp readings.
I too am surprised that your dr discouraged the charting.  Are you seeing an OB/GYN or an RE?  Has your DH had the semen analysis done?  I too have read that you can get + OPK's and not O.  The other thing you can do as someone suggested is get the 7DPO progesterone blood test.  That will also confirm if you have O'd.

I just finished my 2nd rd of Clomid, and because of the dry CM am moving to Femara.  Have you tried using pre-seed?

Hey where is Spooner?  I live close to Madison!
Hello!  I just thought I would mention Femara (letrozole).  My doctor didn't even give me clomid at all, he said it thins out your uterus lining and like you mentioned isn't good for your CM.  I am on my 2nd cycle of Femara, 2.5 mg taken days 3-7.  It hardly has any side effects and has given me great progesterone levels (I had stopped ovulating on my own for some reason).  I just wanted to let you know about that because I have heard of a few people who have done Femara after Clomid as another option....but definately ask your doctor abot it.  Hope this helps!  Hopefully this can turn things around for you!
I'm really shocked and angered that your doctor isn't drawing your progesterone to make sure this is working.  I do have PCOS, which can mess with my OPK since with PCOS your LH is always elevated, but when I went on clomid I had to kick and scream and fight for them to do their job.  They were not testing me either.  The first month on it they did nothing.  The second month on it I made them test me.  I was O'ing around CD 19-21 on it.  I had everything - the O pains, the temperature confirmation, the CM, I EVEN had a positive OPK!  They took my progesterone that month and - no dice!  It had NOT made me ovulate!  In fact, I was so convinced that he was wrong and couldn't accept it, I remember faxing him my chart later in the month because it was the most perfect triphasil chart that I'd ever had!  

These doctors infuriate me!  They don't want to do their job!  You absolutely MUST get a 7 dpo progesterone draw to make sure this stuff is working!!!

My other question to you is - do you have exceptionally painful periods or any other symptoms indicating anything else?  I forgot to check your profile before I started typing this.  Do you have PCOS?  Why were you on the clomid to begin with?

I have had a LONG TTC journey - been through 4 doctors in a year and a half and each one found something new (there are details in my profile description).  I'm not saying that it's going to be the same with you, but your doctor concerns me and you NEED to get a new doctor PRONTO!

Good luck - I don't mean to sound angry at you :o)  and I hope I haven't been to harsh.  I'm just so infuriated about all of these doctors!  It really makes my blood boil!
She just posted 2 pics of 3 positive preg tests so she obviously was ovulating this cycle. :)

Congrats!
i,ve pcos n i dont ovulate at all even with clomid. so my doc suggested gonal f injections too. my first cycle was just clomid n didnt ovulate at all.sec cycle i tuk clomid n gonal f injections n i had two eggs tat month n my doc gave my a hcg shot on my 13th day. i had ovulated nicely as seen wen scanning on 17th day.but not pregnant dis time. dont knw wats wrong.im so worried...
is the price better than clomid