Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ovulation pain and Clomid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovulation pain and Clomid

Hi, I am on my third round of Clomid. The first two rounds resulted in ovulation pain that was so severe I could barely move. The pain lasted for about 24 hours the first time, and about 7 hours the second time. The first time I was on 50mg of Clomid, the second time I was on 100 mgs of Clomid. I am now back on 50mgs of Clomid and have not felt this ovulation pain, aside from a few dull aches over the past 24 hrs. The first two rounds of Clomid resulted in ovulation, but I did'nt know the first round had resulted in ovulation until after I had upped my dose for the second round. That is why I went back down to 50mgs this round.
Does not having this severe ovulation pain mean that I did not ovulate? Or is my body just getting used to the Clomid? I normally ovulate on my own, and experience a bit of ovulation pain each time.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
216278 tn?1308864682
My understanding is that Clomid increases the number of follicles that are produced and therefore the number of eggs generated, hence creating a better chance of pregnancy.  So, it would make sense that the ovaries would potentially cause more discomfort - it's been quite a few months since I was on Clomid, but I do recall a great deal of pain with each ovulation (I never went over the 50 mg)

Are you being monitored for ovulation, either with u/s or induced ovulation with a trigger shot?  I highly recommend that you request it - it's frustrating to take meds for ovulation and then not be sure that you are, in fact, ovulating!!

Good luck and I hope this helped! :)
Blank
223372 tn?1240924276
I only had mild cramping the first month--after that I had no cramping.  BUT progesterone tests showed that I ovulated every time.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...