Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ovulation right after (or even during) my period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello Ladies! I've been looking around this site for a woman with a situation close to mine, but none such luck, so  here I am posting a question to anyone!

My period started exactly 2 weeks ago (on August 5), and I we had sex that following Sunday ( the 10th ). If I remember correctly, my period ended only a day (or possibly two) before Sunday, which is normal for me - I have very short periods!
It is good to note that lately I have been having very bizarre cycles - tenderness in the breasts, cramping randonmly, nausea, and really any other period/pregnancy symptom you can think of - I've had them all - LOL.

Well I felt nauseous and crampy with sore breasts for a week and a half before my period, which was a week early and normal on August 5th. I felt the same symptoms stop and then return starting the 11th ( the day after we had sex). Also, I noticed a SMALL color change in my discharge - like a light pink - and remember thinking - is my period really over? And then three days later, after continuous, light pinkish blood was showing in my discharge, I was going to the restroom and some bright red blood dripped out! Since the 11th was only maybe 3 or 4 days (at the most) after I had stopped bleeding heavily from my period, it was odd, but I have spotted before ( but not from being pregnant, just random spotting). All the while I have to keep in mind that my hormones are going absolutely BONKERS -  I just got off of the B/C which affected me rather harshly.

I took a first repsonse first thing this morning (August 19) - BFN! So here are my questions:

Am I testing too early if that bleeding was implantation? or will the first response not be sensitive enough to test only 6 days (give or take a few) after the bleeding?

-and-

For this to all have been implantation, this would mean that started to ovulate at the latest - 4-9 days after the start of my period, with my period being about a week and a half early. Can you ovulate that early??

Sorry if its confusing, but please let me know, I am so beyond confused here!
Tags: implantation, implantation bleedin, feeling implantation?
Anyone out there? :)
Hey-- did you ever start your period or did you take a pg test?? I just saw your posting and thought before I answered- or tried to answer I would find that info out first!
LOL Tygerlillie - I was thinking the same thing!  

What did you find out SantaCruz?  I also had a weird cycle this past month.  AF was early and lasted a lot longer than usual.  At first I honestly thought I might be pregnant because the bleeding was so light and brownish for four whole days before it kicked in full force.  Alas, BFN and I guess just a LONG period for me.  I wasn't sure WHEN I would ovulate this month because my period was so weird.  I started my OPK today (10DPO) but no surge just yet.  Woman's bodies are SOOOO hard to figure out!!!  Anything is possible!  Keep us posted!
All i can tell you is that every time i get pregnant it's on my "period" which actually isn't my period. It's the time i ovulate. I am uncommon so it seems. For 7 years i've tried to get pregnant and failed. The very first time i got pregnant was the first time i had intercourse on my "period" and BAMM! pregnant! My second child was a year later when i didn't think anything of getting pregnant on my period and had intercourse while i was on my "period" and BAMM! pregnant again! Okay, so moving on to five months after i had my daughter. My fiance and i were feeling frisky one night while i was on my "period" and so we did the deed and BAMM!!! I'm pregnant again!! Apparently this is a rare case because i've looked every where for information about this, but no one seems to be putting this information out there. I'm telling you that you CAN get pregnant on your "period" but it's not a true period! It's when you ovulate!!! Each time i have gotten pregnant i was already bleeding and as soon as we have intercourse my bleeding turns into spotting for acouple of days and then nothing! so i wait for the next time i'm suppose to have a "period" and if it doesn't happen i take a test and without a doubt it turns POSITIVE! I don't care what anyone says it's very possible to get pregnant while you are on your "period" as for me it's not a true period. It's my ovulation.
I've been on BC for a few months lastnight which was Saturday I had sex while on my period I took my last pill that same night. If I stop taking my BC sence lastnight is it possible I could get pregnant?