Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ovulation spotting, 3 positive tests, cramps?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I have a series of questions and I'm trying to figure this all out!

For starters, I had a baby in February that was unfortunately stillborn.  :(  I've been charting my ovulation since.  I'm not sure if that is affecting my ovulation testing.  I started taking the tests after he was born.  I did not ovulate that first cycle.  I started OPK testing again after my period.

I started OPK tests last Monday.  I am using 2 brands.  The target brand and Clearblue brand with the 2 lines.  They both got real dark on Wednesday.  But Thursday, they were real light again.  I thought I missed my surge.  On Friday, they got real dark again.  Just as dark on Saturday.  Just as dark today (Sunday)!  Is it possible to have that many positive tests in a row??

Also, I started lightly spotting a tinge of pink on Tuesday.  It turned more brown on Thursday & Friday.  It was gone on Saturday.  I never got the EWCM.  

Now, I have cramps on the left lower abdomen.  Like menstrual cramps.  I had cramps on both sides Wednesday thru Saturday as well.  Today they're just a little more painful.

What does it all mean?  Did I miss my surge?  Am I ovulating?  Did I miss it or did it not happen yet?  I'm so confused!

Thanks for your help!
~Susie

maybe u should do a hpt im not sure what is hapning but might help if you rule out a bfp im sure a o test can pick them up lease dont take my word for it

hope i help and u get a bfp x
Opks can be fickle at times. Many brands require the line to be not just as dark as the control line, but also as thick as the control line. Lh (the hormone responsible for turning the opk pos) rises and falls throughout our cycles. We also get random surges at varying times. It is important to always test within your ovulation window. Before or after that time can give ambiguous results.  

What I do with opks is use a cheap brand for testing. I usually buy the Answer brand strips in the 20 pack for around $19.  When the test reads pos, I use a CBE digi. There is no guesswork from the digis. It is either a smile or a circle. Unfortunately, they are very $$$. Especially if you have a big window.

The spotting can be from many different things. It could still be residual bleeding from the birth. It could be from a cyst that ruptured. It could also be from o.  It is really hard to say with certainty.

I use bbt as a back up to opks. Once you have a sustained temp rise, you know that o is over and you can count down the tww.

I would not discount the dark opk today. Be sure to cover your bases and bd.

Good luck!

p.s. I am very sorry for your loss.