Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
PCOS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

PCOS

So I know I have PCOS, I have all of the symprtoms including no period. My last was the end of November. I stopped my birthcontrol right before my last cycle. My boyfriend and I have been doing the right things but no pregnancy yet. I am worried I may need fertility clinic for help. Anyone know of anutjing I could try at home to help, maybe to releave some cymptoms of the PCOS as well?
Are you being treated with any medications for PCOS? I also have PCOS, have suffered a miscarriage just this week. I had become pregnant before my scheduled visit with the fertility specialist to be treated with metformin and possibly clomid per my OBGYN. I have now rescheduled for next week hoping for the best.
Keep me posted;)
I have pcos and managed to have my son without treatment - I was following the pcos diet and taking evening primrose oil and cod liver oil when I conceived too (I stopped those just in case when I found out I was pregnant). There's a book (I'm sure one of the authors is Theresa Cheung) with the diet and it was fabulous. I wasn't following it to get pregnant - I was doing it for to be healthier and try and manage my symptoms more naturally and literally within weeks of doing it we had a bfp surprise!

I've always had trouble with weightloss and it really helped me too !

Good luck to you both and hope you get your bfp soon. X x x
Have you heard of Vitex fruit supplements? We TTC for about 3 years before we tried it and it worked in 3 weeks. I don't have PCOS, but part of my issue was progesterone levels, and this corrected it. Part of the issue with PCOS is progesterone levels and not having enough to stimulate ovulation. With PCOS you are maturing an egg (in a cyst) but progesterone doesn't get high enough to release the egg and ovulate. Vitex works well for women with PCOS to balance the progesterone levels allowing you to ovulate an increases your chance to achieve pregnancy. After my success with Vitex fruit, 2 close friends of mine tried it, one with PCOS. Both were pregnant within 2-3 months of taking vitex.
It gave us our miracle, I hope by sharing this.information, it can help others too.
We wish you all the best.