Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pain after HSG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pain after HSG

Hey ladies! Well after HSG yesterday I felt fine. I woke up this morning with horrible cramps! Is this normal? Also the doctors said everything is normal but the dye went right through my left tube then...nothing finally a min. later it went through the other tube after lot's of pain and cramping. Could there have been a blockage maybe? Also I decided to wait until after my vacation to have the IUI done. Maybe the HSG and some time away from here will do the trick!
***Baby Dust***

~Jen~
I don't think its anything to worry about. I had my hsg done about a year ago, and it was the most painful thing I have ever gone through. I was sore for the next week! They also had a rough time getting the dye to go through my tubes. It was terrible. Maybe call you doctor just to make sure, but I would bet it is more common than we think.

Carisa
I always have cramps after the trigger shot. After all it is the pregnancy hormone and usually gives you the same side effects, cramps, abdominal pain, extreme fatique - the fun package.  Good luck - it is all worth it ;-)
Jen, my HSG was last week and they said if there is a blockage there is more pain.  I think you are OK unless it gets really bad.  Hang in there.  super sticky baby dust
Thanx for the responses ladies! I am feeling a lot better now... Just a few hrs this morning of severe cramping. I know someone here ended up getting her BFP right after her hsg. I'm praying for the same outcome! :) You girls are great! It's funny b/c you all know more about my ttc journey then anyone...And will prob. be the first to know when I finally get my BFP!
I had extreme pain after mine a couple years ago.  I cramped so bad!!!  My left tube was blocked and they pushed it open using 2 times the amount of dye they usually use during the procedure.  So I think it is normal.  
i had two hsg and had some minor cramping for as much as like two weeks afterwards. but only just here and there and i think its just like cause it was so painful for me, the more cramping you have during the procedure.. like a pulled muscle aches for awhile until it heals same idea. no blockages, just sensitive i guess. they had to put me almost asleep for the second try because the first try was so painful. i got to be one of the few women who gets anesthesia for this procedure.