Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pain/bloating after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Pain/bloating after IUI

Hello! I  am 5dpiui and my abdomen is soooo bloated and SOOoo painful! i have had this with most of my injectable cycles as well (i was on follistim + femara) the first day after IUI wasnt' bad, but since then i've just become more and mroe swollen and its so painful to move, even the motion of walking feels like it "jolts" my abdomen too much.. anyone else have this? I've had it two other times, but i think this time is the worst.. also i had more follicles than ever this time as well... My heart is racing pretty good, even at rest, but i don't feel short of breath like i did a couple of cycles when i felt this way.. even urinating is so painful... Anyone else have similar?   Just curious if its normal! Thanks so much! hope everyone is well
Is it possible you got a case of OHSS?  With 5 follies that is possible.  It does not affect your chances of becoming pregnant but will get worth if you do get prego.  So, if bloating gets worth it may be a good sign  :)
Hi, my stomach was very bloated on day 5-6 dpiui but it wasn't painful to move or anything..I had 3 follies though....anyway, I hope that this is your cycle finally!! Praying for you! Please let me know how it goes!!!
I will have my u/s tomorrow and I am praying for good results :)
Thanks girls! yea i guess it is possible that i might have OHSS... i had 5 mature follies and then 13 or so in the 13-15 size range... i've had it milder before.. but man, i have to waddle when i walk since it hurts, even to lift or move my legs, and i have pain under my ribs as well and eating feels like it stretches my stomach or something and is uncomfrotable... well if pregnancy makes it worse i'm praying it gets worse then! : )   In the past it got a little better and in the first pregnancy i stayed hugely bloated and uncomfortable until a couple of weeks after the mc...
Anya: good luck tomorrow, i'm sure everything will look great! so happy for yall! thanks for yalls support! : )
so i drank some gatorade last night, and have more today.. but the strangest thing has been happening, my skin esp on my face is peeling off, like a light sunburn, i guess from it being dry!!! its crazy! my lips are super chapped, and i've been putting lotion on my skin (which is usually not dry at all) and stuff on my lips.. but i guess thats a sign that i really am dehydrated?   It was just crazy i touched under my eyes and it just peeled off!! yikes!!!
whoa, that is really dry skin.  Maybe you should call your dr just in case?  I wanted to tell you I am also super bloated and my stomach hurts to be touched or moved after IUI.  When do you test?  
I should test at 14dpiui which is wednesday, but i might break down and test monday.. at least there is a lot going on between now and then to help pass the time a little faster , hwo about yourself?
I had the jolting feeling when I walk from the follistim but both times it happened prior to IUI.  I was also very bloated at the time and I never had more than 2 follies.  I figured the pain was associated with the bloatedness.  

I also usually get bloated for approx a week after HCG.  

Good luck to you. I hope you get your BFP.