Pap smear while trying to get pregnant
My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. We tried on Saturday and today. Is it safe to have my annual pap smear tomorrow? If not, I will reschedule.
It is safe to have a pap smear, woman have paps when they're pregnant all the time, although if your having unprotected sex (which you are) than it may make you pap test results harder to read, due to the sperm in your vagina. (I was told by my doctor).
The last time I went in for a pap, the dr told me it was my fertile window. He said lots of ewcm and cervix open. Kinda nice to know from a visual. Went home and opk'd and sure enough, it was positive :)

Perfectly safe to have done when ttc.
I just had one done not knowing if I was pregnant or not.  They do it a little different, but not much.  I think they just swab the outer part of the cervix and not the opening.  I had an IUI on Thursday and Friday and then had my pap smear on Monday.  Found out 13 days later that I was preggo.
Thank you!! And congrats on all the great news!! I have a daughter from my first marriage that will be 17. I am remarried and 43 years old so the odds are already against me - guess that makes me worry more.