Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Period after Failed IVF
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Period after Failed IVF

Hi, i had a failed ivf in april and was wondering how long after that negative result did everyone had to wait for their period?  I have never been regular untill i had my dd in 2006.  I'm not sure if i was every 28 days (i didn't bother keeping note), but them once a month and so it has been nearly 5wks since my flow.  Before the ivf attempt, we had a canceled cycle, so i was on the pill for that 2mths to de regulate for the cycles, do you think my body is out of wake?.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
353148_tn?1293064764
I am so sorry to hear of your faield cycle. I had a failed cycle as well. I got my BFN on Wed and was told to stop my progesterone right away. 2 days later my period started. But I know everyone is different. I know a girl who had to wait a week for hers to arive. I guess it probly depends on the meds you have been on and also on your body.

Good Luck
Blank
256553_tn?1258887518
Good question. I had a failed IVF cycle in April as well. After I stopped the progesterone, my AF arrived on the 17th, nothing since then. I have been wondering the same thing. How long does it take for the body to return to normal. I was previously informed that it may take 2-3 months for the normal AF to return. Hope all works for you.
Blank
256553_tn?1258887518
I am so sorry to hear about your failed IVF cycle. I know how devastating that can be.....
Blank
256553_tn?1258887518
I'm sorry too read about your failed IVF cycle. I have gone through 3 and it has really taken a toll on me. Have you had a normal flow after the AF immediately following the failed IVF?
Blank
i had a miscarriage December - early 6 weeks I think.  I had my period in about 5 days after stopping my hormones.  My RE wanted me to have one regular cycle before we started again. I think that I started at around 34 days - I was a regular 28-30 normally.  This time I had a failed IVF and again started my period after about 5 days.  Will try to have a normal cycle again.  Hope this helps.
Blank
Thanks for your reply, my first ivf was a success, which i have a dd (my periods started after she was bout 12mths and were pretty much every mth), then went for the FET in 2007 and m/c and after my hormones returned to normal, i pretty much had my period 4 wks later.  Started my second round of ivf in jan 2008, when i got my flow i started the pill and that cycle was cancelled due to low number of eggs and so we tried naturally (with the trigger shot) and when i was due to test, i got my flow that morning (spotted the night before).  Finally with the 3rd round, all went well and the day before the preg test i started spotting and next day got my flow.  So i knew it was negative before they told me and now nothing since.  Well i am getting them after the failed cycle, but they havn't started yet again!  I am giving my body a break untill july, where we will do a FET and so i am hoping that my body will kick in soon, so i don't have take medication to bring one on (really don't want to).  Might ring my nurse to see if this is normal on monday.
Blank
sorry ladies should explain it better, der!!  I did get my period after the failed cycle, i just havn't got them since and wanted to know if this is normal, as all the drugs you are on puts your body out of whack.
Blank
I was told that my ivf cycle would be cancelled because my progestrone level elevated to 12.2 one day before the retrival which meant I started to ovulate and my eggs would not be of good quality.  My estrogen level was good.  I had 7 measurable follicles.  I started to bleed heavy after stopping my medications (Follistim, Lupron and Menopur) which never happened before, is this normal?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank