Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Period after Failed IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Period after Failed IVF

Hi, i had a failed ivf in april and was wondering how long after that negative result did everyone had to wait for their period?  I have never been regular untill i had my dd in 2006.  I'm not sure if i was every 28 days (i didn't bother keeping note), but them once a month and so it has been nearly 5wks since my flow.  Before the ivf attempt, we had a canceled cycle, so i was on the pill for that 2mths to de regulate for the cycles, do you think my body is out of wake?.
I am so sorry to hear of your faield cycle. I had a failed cycle as well. I got my BFN on Wed and was told to stop my progesterone right away. 2 days later my period started. But I know everyone is different. I know a girl who had to wait a week for hers to arive. I guess it probly depends on the meds you have been on and also on your body.

Good Luck
Good question. I had a failed IVF cycle in April as well. After I stopped the progesterone, my AF arrived on the 17th, nothing since then. I have been wondering the same thing. How long does it take for the body to return to normal. I was previously informed that it may take 2-3 months for the normal AF to return. Hope all works for you.
I am so sorry to hear about your failed IVF cycle. I know how devastating that can be.....
I'm sorry too read about your failed IVF cycle. I have gone through 3 and it has really taken a toll on me. Have you had a normal flow after the AF immediately following the failed IVF?
i had a miscarriage December - early 6 weeks I think.  I had my period in about 5 days after stopping my hormones.  My RE wanted me to have one regular cycle before we started again. I think that I started at around 34 days - I was a regular 28-30 normally.  This time I had a failed IVF and again started my period after about 5 days.  Will try to have a normal cycle again.  Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply, my first ivf was a success, which i have a dd (my periods started after she was bout 12mths and were pretty much every mth), then went for the FET in 2007 and m/c and after my hormones returned to normal, i pretty much had my period 4 wks later.  Started my second round of ivf in jan 2008, when i got my flow i started the pill and that cycle was cancelled due to low number of eggs and so we tried naturally (with the trigger shot) and when i was due to test, i got my flow that morning (spotted the night before).  Finally with the 3rd round, all went well and the day before the preg test i started spotting and next day got my flow.  So i knew it was negative before they told me and now nothing since.  Well i am getting them after the failed cycle, but they havn't started yet again!  I am giving my body a break untill july, where we will do a FET and so i am hoping that my body will kick in soon, so i don't have take medication to bring one on (really don't want to).  Might ring my nurse to see if this is normal on monday.
sorry ladies should explain it better, der!!  I did get my period after the failed cycle, i just havn't got them since and wanted to know if this is normal, as all the drugs you are on puts your body out of whack.
I was told that my ivf cycle would be cancelled because my progestrone level elevated to 12.2 one day before the retrival which meant I started to ovulate and my eggs would not be of good quality.  My estrogen level was good.  I had 7 measurable follicles.  I started to bleed heavy after stopping my medications (Follistim, Lupron and Menopur) which never happened before, is this normal?