Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Period after Hysteroscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Period after Hysteroscopy

I had a Hysteroscopy over 2 weeks ago now for resection of uterine septum and diathermy to cervix due to having a cervical erosion. I had a 3D scan before my surgery which showed that I had already ovulated and I knew that my period was due a few days after surgery.

I have had bloody discharge ever since but not my period. Does having a Hysteroscopy mess your cycle up? I thought that I would have had a period by now as I had already ovulated.
Hmmm, I don't know about this one.  You said you had the hysteroscopy two weeks ago and AF was due right after that? I had a hysteroscopy and I had some spotting for a couple of days but my cycle was normal and on time but my hysteroscopy was done before I ovulated.  I don't know if it CAN mess up your cycle though because you seem to have had a lot more stuff done than I did.  Maybe your uterine lining changed as a result of the surgery and your period is not as heavy this time?  

I wish I could be more helpful but I hope you get your answers soon.
Yeah, I'm not sure either...but I was thinking the same as paranoidpatty, that maybe the procedure itself removed part of the lining (not really sure what resection of uterine septum means). If so, that would explain why you've only had bloody discharge instead of a regular flow. But if i were you, I would just call the doctor's office and ask them. That way, you'll know for sure if this is normal or not. Best of luck!
Well still no sign of AF and it's been over 4 weeks now since my operative Hysteroscopy. I guess what you say makes sense if part of my lining has been removed whilst they preformed the resection of uterine septum then it would mess my cycle up.