Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Positive OPK on 11 dpo???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Positive OPK on 11 dpo???

Hi!  I was wondering if someone could help me out?  I am 11 dpo, with a BFN this morning.  However, I did an OPK (the digital kind), and it was positive this afternoon?  I am definitely not ovulating, since this is day 26 of my cycle, and I had a confirmed ovulation on day 15 (with a day 22 progesterone level of 23.2).  Is it possible this OPK is detecting the LH that is part of the HCG hormone?  I know, I'm grasping at straws!  I'm 40, been trying since July 2006, miscarried twins in September 2006, and been on Clomid for 4 cycles, and just finished 1st cycle of Femara.  We are scheduled to see an RE next month, but maybe we still have a chance this month!  
Are the lines on the OPK the same intensity in color or your result is actually darker than the line that always shows up?

Hmm that's odd, do you get postive OPK at CD14??? or thereabouts?  

I wouldn't put too much into it, though, as there's always a small amount of LH in your system.  

Actually, I used one of those digital ones, where a smiley face shows up if it is positive.  That way there is no discrepancy trying to compare two lines.  Definitely had a positive OPK on day 13 and ovulated on day 15 (confirmed by progesterone level).  What in the world is going on?
It is possible.  I'm having the same thing happen right now.  I'm 12DPO today and I've had positive OPKs since 6DPO.  I'm not trying to get your hopes up or give you false info but if you look on Fertility Friend there is an entire photo section dedicated to OPKs used as HPTs where the OPK showed a positive for pregnancy before the HPT.  Every woman is different, I know, but I'm hoping the same is true for me...and now for you too!  Good luck!
I know that an opk will turn positive if there is HCG present. However it can also turn positive for other reasons. if you go to peeonastick.com it has the info about it under opk's. It says that it will detect pregnancy hormone, but you should use a pregnancy test so you don't get your hopes up if the opk turns positive for a different reason.  That being said i used a cheap opk today (9dpiui) to see if the hcg trigger is still in my system. Well last month i used one on the same day and there was no second line at all. And today there was a second line, not dark enough to be positive but pretty dark. I am too chicken to do a hpt til my blood test friday.
I'm 12DPO today.  If you go to their home page, click on HPT/OPK Photo Gallery on the lefthand side.  Then click on Search Gallery.  Next to Category, select Positive Pregnancy Tests and next to Keywords, select OPK used as HPT.  Click on Search and it will bring up the gallery of pictures.  
Where exactly on Fertility Friend is that info?  I tried to find it, but was unsuccessful.  Trying not to get my hopes us...as I'm sure you can relate to!  What dpo are you?
hi everyone im new to this and would reall appreciate you help i def. ovulated the 12th august then on the 19th i started some pink spotting and now the spotting only happens when im lifting things at work and now at 11 days after ovulation i keep getting positive ovulation tests but negative hpts am i useing the hpt to earl my period dont start till the 30th