Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Positive Ovulation Test some advise please..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive Ovulation Test some advise please..

So I took a OPK yesterday and it was positive and me and DH did a little BD last night. I was wondering since my test was positive did I ovulate or am I still ovulating. And do I need to do another ovulation test today. Sorry to sound so stupid I never used the ovulation test.
Blank
When your OPK gives you a positive it is telling you that you to BD.  :)  The first day you get a positive and the following day you should BD and then I think you ovulate.  I'm not really sure about it.  But I have read and talked to my dr. about it and he (my dr) said that once it reads positive those are my 2 best days!  :)  Hope that helps!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When your OPK gives you a positive it is telling you that you to BD.  :)  The first day you get a positive and the following day you should BD and then I think you ovulate.  I'm not really sure about it.  But I have read and talked to my dr. about it and he (my dr) said that once it reads positive those are my 2 best days!  :)  Hope that helps!
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
SnowPrincess is right. A positive OPK does no mean you're ovulating yet...it means you're just about to, and that you're entering your most fertile period. Basically, your body creates an LH surge to trigger ovulation, and this is what OPKs pick up on. Once you've detected the surge (positive OPK), you should ovulate within 48 hours or so. Oh, and no need to take another test. It's the first positive test that counts. Best of luck!
Blank
2093372_tn?1389305456
Thank you I also took another one today and it is still positive. I have read that you can test after the first one until you get a negative one and when you have a negative one then you have all ready ovulated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...