Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Possible false positive on Clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Possible false positive on Clomid?

Okay, so, I took a pregnancy test on Saturday which would be CD17 for me.  I know- way too early, right?  So the whole time I was thinking "What a waste of money- even if the Clomid worked it would be too early to tell and it would show negative." but for some reason, I took the test anyway.  Well, a VERY VERY faint positive line showed.  I thought maybe I had officially lost it and was hallucinating so I asked my DH to look at it and he agreed that there was definitely a faint positive line.  So I called my mom to get her opinion and she said it could be a false positive because of my hormones being messed up from taking Clomid.  So, I am asking all of you- anyone have a false positive on Clomid?  Is there something else it can be?  I will take another test next weekend and then I meet with the Doc the week after that.  I just don't want to get my hopes up over nothing.  
when do you think you  ovulated. because you could show positive hpt after 6 days of implantation.
Clomid does not give you a false positive, unless you took HCG trigger shot. However, you could have false positive due to hormonal unbalance, I had this last week, during my IFV try. I had a very faint positive followed by negative tests including blood test. But I am not rulling out pregnancy, it could be ;-)) Go for the blood test and good luck ;-)))
I hope it is a true positive but I am trying to think of it as a false positive because I don't want to get my hopes up.  I am not taking an HcG trigger shot and Clomid does not contain HCG. The whole waiting thing really is frustrating! :)
Wait, how many tests did you take. If you took one test in the morning and then the following also came up positive....the chances are pretty good. Since the false positive are very rare ;-))
No- I only took 1 so far.  I figured I should wait a week before I take a 2nd test.  
im also on day cd 18 i dont want to get my hopes up but my breast are killingggggggggg me and i never get my breast so tender so early in my cd. and they are like that since yesterday before i took the prochieve.
I agree with GRACE0783 - try to remember your ovulation date. Did you take clomid for 5 days and wasn't it after 2nd day of your period?
You right, but then again if you are pregnant it will show positive...however, if it shows negative, don' t worry about it....like I said it could be hormonal imbalance and it can go either way. It is too early, but who knows ;-))
I am not really sure when/if I ovulated.  based on body temps, I really thought it was around CD9 but even that seemed early.  Today is CD 20 for me- tomorrow I am going to have my progesterone tested to see if I ovulated.  
hello ladies and yes i was taking clomids and a week after i went to my doctor and she did a pregnancey blood test and a urin test all came back BFP so there is hope baby dust to allllllllllllll
yes i been trying for years now and i aslo have 2 children now and it hurt me so badley when i was taking a hpt and all came back neg but 3days ago  i took a hpt and a blood test and all came back BFP   so any other women that want to chat about this email me or send me a messege on messenger   emo_cuppycake***@**** but chat with me on my husbands his is   ***@****