Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Prayers to Saint Gerard

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Prayers to Saint Gerard

Prayer for Motherhood

O good St Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and wonder worker of our day, confidently I call upon you and seek your aid.  On Earth you always fulfilled God's designs, help me now to do the holy will of God.  Implore the Master of Life, from whom all paternity proceeds, to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life, and in the world to come, heirs to the Kingdom of His Glory.
Amen.

Prayer for a Safe Delivery

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.
O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers.
Preserve me from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which I now carry, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer in Thanks of a Safe Delivery

Good Saint Gerard, patron of mothers, assist me in thanking God for the great gift of motherhood. During the months of my waiting, I learned to call upon you and placed the safety of my child and myself under your powerful protection. The great lesson of your trust in God sustained me; your slogan, "God will provide," became my hope and consolation. I thank God for my child and for motherhood. Help me to prize the great treasure of motherhood and obtain for me the grace to raise my child as a child of God.
Amen.

Prayer for a Special Favor

O Most Blessed Trinity, I your unworthy creature, thank you for all the gifts and privileges which you have granted to Saint Gerard, especially for those virtues with which you have adorned him on earth and the glory which you impart to him in heaven.
Accomplish your work, O Lord, for the greater glory of the Holy Church.
Glorify him before men and women and through his merits, in union with those of Jesus and Mary, grant me the grace for which I ask …(mention your request)
And you, my powerful intercessor St. Gerard, always so ready to help those who have recourse to you, pray also for me.
Prostrate yourself before the throne of Divine Mercy and please do not leave it without being heard.
To you I confide this important and urgent affair.
Graciously take my cause in hand and let me not end this novena without having experienced in some way the effects of your intercession.
Amen.

Prayer for a sick child

O most beloved Saint Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask God to restore our child to health if such be the holy will. This favor we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Amen
These are beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing them.  I pray to St. Gerard often and I have heard the first prayer, but not the others.  Hopefully all of our prayers will be answered soon.  :)
I pray to St Gerard everyday... I really hope God answer my pray.
I think 2009baby got kicked off for some reason - unable to post note..??..  Anyway, I love these.