Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation

I am looking for more info on pregnancy after an endometrial ablation.  I had an ablation in May 2002.  January 2003 I was not feeling well and went to the family doctor.  She thought it may be an ectopic pregnancy since I was told I was sterile.  I had an ultrasound to discover it was an interuterine pregnancy and I was about 9 weeks.  I am now 17 weeks and for the past month trying to decide to terminate or continue.  I am having a very hard time finding any info on any one with this happening to them and the risks to me or my unborn child.  I have seen several doctors and none of them have ever heard of this happening and 2 have suggested termination.  I have an appointment with a high risk specialist on Thursday (02/27/03).  Please tell me where I can find more info or who to contact.  Thanks.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Hello
I am an OB nurse, so all I can give you is a reasonable reassurance that if you still had enough endometrium to support a pregnancy past the first trimester, you should be ok.

Now, given that your endometrium is most definately not normal, I am sure they will follow you very closely for signs that the pregnancy is developing normally.  The growth of the fetus, in particular, will be closely followed and you will be watched carefully for signs of preterm labor and/or placental abruption or abnormal placental implantation.

It is a wonderful thing that you are seeing a high risk obstetrician.  I am sure you will be given a detailed ultrasound to check for any fetal abnormalities.  This is usually done at the 16-17 week mark anyway.
Do not, however, expect that the OB will have a lot of knowledge of what happens with pregnancies after endometrial ablation.  I am sure it is quite rare.  It all comes down to whether things look good now, that you are followed extremely closely for complications, and that you are thoroughly taught the signs/symptoms of preterm labor.

Please post again to let me know what happens.  If you would like my email address, post a reply and i will be glad to give it to you.

good luck
christie
Thanks for the info and I would like to have your email address to follow up.  I would like to give as much info to others that might come across this type of case in the future.  Thanks agian.
my address is ***@****

I hope everything turns out ok.
-christie

Hello Everyone,  I have a concern.

I recenlty had a sonagram and my Doctor told me that my baby didn't have a heartbeat, I ws so upset but he was like my child is dead, i was so hurt.  He said that I was 8 weeks pregnant,  I have a gut feeling that he is wrong, I read in books that the heart can be detected at 10 weeks or later. Please let me here some advice to really clam me, I am having another sonagram on 7 March 03.  

Thank You.
There is nothing wrong with having another sonogram, but if the first one was done transvaginally, there is little chance the OB was wrong.
I hope he was wrong, and that everything is ok.
I wonder how TracySue is doing with her pregnancy after endometrial ablation. I had an ablation 5 years ago and am now wanting to know if it's possible to get pregnant. There is not alot of info out there on the subject-and I will be having tests this week. Anyone with ANY info please write!
Thank You-
Terri
Thank You-
Terri
I just read your mail on pregnancy after endometrial ablation, I have just found out that I am pregnant and was wondering how you are, I dont want an abortion, nor am I hoping for a miscaraige, so please tell me you are doing fine and had a healthy baby....

regards El
I am 37 and had ablation done in July 2004.  I had no periods afterwards until about 3 months ago I had a tiny bit of spotting, then again a few weeks ago.  I had been with the same man (who'd had a vasectomy) up until about 6 months ago and am now engaged to another man who is fertile.  Assuming I could not conceive, I used no birth control.  The past 2 weeks I've felt different--like I could be pregnant.  I go to the doctor 9/11.  What were your circumstances?  I want info on this please...

Monica
I had an ablation June 2006, and just found out I am 14 weeks pregnant.  My doctors weren't re-assuring either, but never suggested termination.  I am trusting God to get me through this pregnancy until at leats 36 weeks.  My due date is March 19, 2007.  We need to keep in touch to encourage each other through this.
please keep us all posted on your pregnancy's after ablation. it is important for all of us. thanks, cheryl
I had a ablation may 2002 and I am wondering if i could get pregnant again? I am newly mrried and want another child. can any one help?
I'm so happy to hear you're a Christian, and this is definatly a gift from God, I pray that all goes well,  I had an ablation about five years ago and unfortunatly it never helped with the periods, not even a little! I am 34 turn 35 on Halloween!  My husband and I already have three wonderful children so we have been blessed.  I had my tubes tied with our last one so it would REALLY be a miracle if I were to conceive, ha!! However I've heard of conception after a tubal, just not after a tubal and an ablation.  I wish you the best of luck, and your in my prayers...along with everyone else wishing to conceive after this procedure or who is pregnant already and concerned with their babies.   Stacey in Colorado
I also had an ablation about 2 years ago. I'm also trying to get all the info on this subject as possible. I am only 29 years old and i know in my heart I can't just give up. Since having my ablation in feb 2006. i am now starting to have the feeling of pms again and starting spotting. anyone with any info please keep writing. Your comments are giving us hope.
I had an ablation two years ago. I have recently started to feel the symptoms of pregnancy. I came here looking to see if there was any chance of it. And now seeing that there are other women with the same concerns, I am seriously getting worried.  I haven't had a period since before the ablation.  I was thinking that if I went to the OB/GYN and told her my concerns, she'd think I was nuts.  She's not like that, but I still worry about it.  The other issue is that my husband has had a vasectomy.  But he never went in for the post-tests.  So he's never had confirmation that he's shooting blanks. :) So the chances of us being pregnant are incredibly slim. Yet, I still have this feeling.
I would really like to hear about the women that have gotten pregnant and the outcomes of their stories.  
I had an ablation in feb06 also and blood tests confirm that i am pregnant and my hcG levels are doubling like they should be. my dr stated that they did not want me to come in until this week just to be sure though. i am going to the dr tomorrow and we are going to do an ultrasound. i hope and pray that everything is going to be okay
I am just wondering how everything was going. Im pregnant after ablation and havent went to the dr yet but I am just really looking for hope.
I had an ablation about 3 years ago.  It was the greatest thing.  I have not had any complications since...until a few days ago... I also had a tubal after my daughter was born (8 years ago) - but the past several weeks I've noticed that I feel drained and my feet are swelling and all the symptoms of being pregnant.  But I really didn't think much of it until I started spotting a few days ago.  Now, after having both of these procedures done - what are the odds I could remotely be pregnant.  I'm afraid to call the doctor in fear they would think I was also nuts...  I'm just wondering if anyone would know what else it could be and if anyone thinks that pregnancy could even be a possibility?
I am a 31 year old mother of one who had the ablation done last year. Since then , I have had very mild periods off and on only spotting. I was not sure what to do when I got the ablation done. Only being almost 30 at the time, I really wanted at least one more child. I went ahead with the procedure due to having heart troubles too. Now, I kind of regret it. I really want another child and I have been trying to do some research online and like everyone else...coming up nothing. I found this forum and was reading what everyone was putting. I just hope that some of the ones who have conceived will please post again to let everyone know how it is going and hopefully it will be good posts! Please anyone who has posted, please let us know. I really enjoy reading so lets all try to share what we know about it. Thank you so much!
I just turned 30 last week and had an ablation last year.  I have two beautiful children and I like everyone else am searching out the possibility of becoming pregnant after the ablation, the risks and everything.  If anyone can help me and others out I would appreciate it.  I unfortunately got no relief from the ablation either.  If anyone who posted that they were pg  before is still reading this and posting I would love to hear the outcomes. Thank you in advance
I am 28 and had an ablation in March, 2007.  I have 2 children. My boyfriend and I have recently started to discuss children, and although we know it may never happe, I would like to know if anyone thinks that it may, if we do have a chance, I really regret having it done, but my periods were so bad!  Now I get very light (almost just a spotting) type of period.  Usually I get one every month, although this month it was just cramping and one day it was a very light spot, almost not noticable.  Any advice or hope?  Thanks!
Hello, please look into Post ligation post ablation syndrome.  There is also Post tubal ligation syndrome.  These conditions and symptoms of each one may give you some insight.  Please google or internet seach.  There is not a lot of information out there but enough to educate you.  If you see one Doctor and he or she disregards you see another.  The 3rd one for me was a specialist that I drove a few hours to see.  I spent one minute explaining my symptoms to him and he did a ultrasound and confirmed.  Now I know that the symptoms where not in my head, I thought it was just me being a hypocondriack or something.  Please check into the PLPAS.  It is rare but I think as more and more women google seach pain after ablation it will not be as rare as they say it it.  (1/2 to 1d%).  Good luck, I hope all works out for you.  As for me I will be having a total hysterectomy next month with hopes to save at least one ovary.
Just wondering if you have went to the doctor and what they are saying about the pregnancy. Please keep us informed if you would!!! Thank you very much!
I had a microablation august 2 years ago, I am 31 years old. My husband and I are discussing having a child but my ob says it is to dangerous. I continued to have menstruals they are just really light. Are there any test or ultrasounds that can be done to see how much of the uterus lining is there and find out any more details before going through with this. Has anyone gotten pregnant and carried successfully? Thanks for any info
yes, he is correct. i had an ablation 11 months ago and my linning is 5.5mm. you can have it checked by ultrasound. you should not have had an ablation if you wanted more kids and should have been told that prior!! it is very very dangerous and will not turn out well. there is always adoption.hope this helps.
What should the lining be? Can you explain to me why I still have a period if there is no lining there?
yes, you still have a linning but the after the ablation, it is much thinner. i still get a kight period every month but my linning is 5.5. i believe that you need around an 8 or 9mm linning to conceive and be able to sustain the pregnancy. if the linning is too thin, then there is nothing for the embreo to attach to, and nothing to then nourish it. it is really easy to find out your linning. just ask your doctor for a trans-vaginal ultra sound. they can tell you exactly what the thickness is. also, you may want to ask your doctor why he didn't tell you that you cannot carry a baby to term after an ablation??
I had endometrial ablation in 1997. I had 4 children & wasn't planning anymore. I became pregnant in 2001. Premature labour end with emergency caesarean at 25 weeks. My son was 880gm at birth and 32 cm long. He had bleeding in his lungs and brain, bowel problems and associated problems common to extreme prematurity. The oxygen resulted in Retinopathy of prematurity, which was treated with laser surgery to both eyes. He was in hospital for 97 days. My son is now 6 YEARS OLD, & very healthy. He wears glasses only for distance and has never required any other surgeries. He is very intelligent showing no side effects from the brain bleeds. His only-on going treatments are physio and occupational therapy for low muscle tone which may/may not be linked to prematurity. When I found out I was pregnant, I consulted the doctor who performed the ablation his advice was - terminate! I'm glad I didn't.
i am happy that you have this child and i am sure he is wonderful and you love him dearly. but just reading your story shows us once again how dangerous it IS to go ahead and get pregnant after an ablation. for all of you people out there thinking about this.....think long and hard!! it will not end up well....how many times do you all need to BE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your comment and advice. I am going to see a high risk ob in a couple of weeks and have him tell me what my lining is. I will let you know what he says. I would have to have a complete tubal reversal before conceiving so there is no chance of me getting pregnant without knowing. We obviously do not want to spend the $$$$ to reverse and then conceive and risk my or my unborn childs life and have that grief and stress in our lives. We just want to be absolutely sure that there is no option for naturally conceiving and carrying a child to term before we remove the thought from our minds. My ob did tell me that I shouldn't get pregnant after the ablation but I was under the impression that I had no alternative to the surgery and don't feel that I was properly educated on exactly what I was doing and what the future would hold.
I am happy to know that you had a successful turn out with your pregnancy and your son. That is awesome that he is doing so well. I can't imagine having to endure what you did and am thankful that everything turned out the way it did. Thanks for your comment.
While my situation did have a happy ending, I was not intending to encourage anyone to put themselves at risk. I now know I was not properly informed about the procedure or risks.  
While I had 4 children (aged 11-17) my 2nd  husband (aged 42) had no children. I would not have chosen to get pregnant but it was not unwelcomed. An ultrasound, at 8 weeks, showed no reason that the pregnancy was not viable. Doctors here (Brisbane, Australia) had little idea what to expect, so I was given more frequent tests and ultrasounds at my local hospital. My pregnancy was entirely normal until I went into premature labour. I may have had increased risks of complications, but I was also older (39) and under huge stress from my ex-husband were also factors.
My advice, to anyone in this situation, would be to get the best medical advice and testing available, from qualified specialists, before making a decision.
I was very happy to find this site.  I had an ablation in August 2005 and now I am 6 1/2 months pregnant.  I went into preterm labor but with medication it has stopped.  I am on medication every 4 hours to keep things under control.  I am very worried about delivery and what could happen, but I have a healthy baby girl developing normal.  Since 2005 I did not think I could have children any more.  I have a great 13 year old, but still did not want to give up that chance of another baby.  But the doctor said I need the surgery, ablation, so I went along with it.  Since then I had not used any form of birth control because I was told that I could not get pregnant.  I resently got married and went to the doctor (New OB) to check my odds of pregnancy just in case we wanted to try.  They did an ultrasound and sound that with all of my lining gone except one little spot that pregnancy was less then .05% change.  So I did not think we could have a baby.  Well now things are a little different.  I have to stay in bed all day and just hope I do not loss my job.  I have noticed that if I stay stress free and relaxed I do not have any contractions and the day goes by fine.  But the minute I start worrying about things and thinking about everything that is not getting done I will have a contraction.  But 27 weeks this Friday and just counting each day as a blessing.  I hope this will help others and I hope others have information for me.  I am scared of what is to come, but feeling her grow inside of me is wonderful and is a miracle.  Pregnancy in itself is a gift from god.  I am just trying to take one day at a time.  
HI!!! It is so WONDERFUL to hear such GOOD NEWS! I would love to follow you through this through e-mail. I went to visit a High Risk OB yesterday to find out what my odds are and he gave me a lot of information and was very optimistic. I am praying for the right decision, I will need to have a tubal revearsal before I can try and conceive. I found another very encouraging site that you might be interested in and it is www.steadyhealth.com. You type in the same questions and will see all kinds of positive reinforcement from various women whom have experienced or want to experience pregnancy again after ablation. My e-mail address is hilyer 204 @ charter . net ( I have to put the spaces in or it want show the address, so delete the spaces inbetween everything and that is my address.
to christyhilyer, i am curious, what did the doctor say was your lining neasurement? mine was 5.5 and they said it needed to be around 7-9mm for a viable pregnancy. thanks.
My situation has paraellels some of yours. I am 39 yrs/o, with 4 children 13 to 9 yrs. The father of my children had a vasectomy before our youngest was born & he was deemed sterile. It worked for almost 4 yrs but I got pregnant after his vasectomy in 2002! Due to stress I miscarried at 12 weeks & we got divorced in 2003. I had a laser endometrial ablation in 2002 & I just found out I am pregnant. I have been to a dr., had an ultra sound done & to my added astonishment the tec said the linning of my uterus measured completely normal. They wre unable to see the baby or where it has attatched because we figured I am under 2 weeks pregnant. I explained to the nurses that I had very light flow only spotiing for a couple of days since the procedure. Obviously I was done having children & I have very mixed feelings. Eventhough I am prochoice I beleive only God can give or take life so I am unwilling to terminate (evidenced by my pregnancy history). Luckily I am in a relationship with a very supportive & loving man who has 2 children 14 & 6. He will support me in whatever decisions I may need to make. I am also scared of the possible outcomes so I would like to see if anyone who knows about succesful prenancies and birth after endometrial ablation can give me information or insightfulness.
I don't know the answer to that yet, but my appt. for that is on Monday morning. I will post and let you know what they say.
We were just discussing ablation at work today. It has been suggested to me, but I am not going to have it done. I know the one lady at work said that the doc told her to get her tubes tied when she had the ablation, because the uterus loses elasticity with the procedure. She was told that a pregnancy would rupture the uterus.

Another lady I work with told me that she had one a long time ago. She said that her lining healed adn returned to normal.
yes, that is what i was told as well. that the structure of the uterus changes and the lining is so thin and brittle that a pregnancy poses a real threat to both the baby and the mother. you can have a rupture and bleed to death. i was also told the lining can grow back, but never to where it was before the ablation. even if it does grow back it takes years and the uterus has already changed.  i hate to bear bad news, but i really want everyone to make the right choice and of course stay healthy!! please all of you who are pregnant or trying....keep us and everybody posted. we all need to help one another. thanks and god bless all of you!
Hello...I just want to say that I really enjoy reading everyones posts. They are very informative! My fingers are crossed for all of you! I think this is a good way to be able to support each other through this! I hope you guys keep us posted on everything that is going on. We are all here for you.
Jane, I completely agree with you that it is in God's hands. I was just talking to my sister about that. I told her that is I were to get pregnant I don't think I could terminate until I really had to. So, just keep praying on it and I believe it will be ok.
I also had ablation surgery done almost 1 year ago.  In March 07, I married my childhood sweetheart.  He is the man I should have married years ago.  Although I already have three wonderful children from my previous marriage, I desprately want a baby with my new husband.  What are the chances that I can get pregnant and deliver.
Please Help
I am 31 years old and had my tubes cut at 24 (after the birth of my twins, which made me the mother of 3 girls). I then had an ablation at 25 due to uncontrollable periods and anemia. After a terrible divorce in 2005, I met the most wonderful man in the world and am now happily engaged. I honestly never thought I would want to have another child but here I am, crying at the sight of every pregnant woman and wishing to become pregnant. My soon to be husband has also expressed his desires to have another child. I am not too optomistic about our changes of conceiving again, however I am in the process of selecting a physician to find out my options. This board has given me the hope that I've been looking for. Wish me luck ladies...I sure do need it!!!!!
I wish you the best of luck!!! Please let us know what you find out please. I know what you mean, I would really love to have another baby and I get sad when I see a new baby or a pregnant woman too! Not sad for them, but sad for me because I would love to have a baby!!! Keep us posted!
Thank u 4 the kind words. Here is the latest in my pregnancy after endometerial ablation story. I was spoting yesterday & the night b4. I made an apt. with the ob/gyn my dr. had referred 2 me. I was expecting it was over due to the history that I have only ever bled when I had 2 prevoius miscariages at 24 & 34 yrs. which were my first & last pregnancies. Also, due to the fact that it is even more common afte an ablation in the rare insances that a woman can become pregnant. Never had any spoting during the pregnancies of my 4 beautiful children either.
We actually saw the gesational sac & heard the heart beat! The tec reported that the baby implanted where it is supposed to be, but it is 2 early 2 tell where the placenta has implanted.  It felt like I just found out I was PG all over again (what a roller coaster).
My hcg levels are also high 37,150 & progesterone is 20.7 meaning I have a very "healthy pregnancy". I am told what a miracle it is over & over. I am still nervous being barely 6 weeks since my LMP & both misscarriages were at 12 weeks.
I am praying that it turns out how ever God decides & that I have the srength to continue to be healthy emotionally & physically.  
I am 43 years old.  I had endometrial ablation in Sep. 2006.  I became pregant and am now 24 weeks along.  So far so good.  I have had a bit of spotting, but the baby is growing fine.  I will keep my fingers crossed!
I am 9 weeks pregnant after an ablation 8 months ago. I also had my tubes tied. I have been trying to read up on this and not finding much hope. I'm  really scared for my sweet baby. I have had some very serious pain and gone to the E.R. and the Dr.s didn't really know what to do with me. They did an ultrasound and the baby looks fine... looks like the babies growth is good. (this was my 2nd ultrasound) and the hospital ended up calling a specialist and he was in shock about the whole thing. He said 'I should have an ultrasound about every month to make sure the baby was doing alright. My pain is going to get worse since the baby had attached it's self to my uteran muscle.' All this and they didn't even put me an bedrest. I can't stand for very long without hurting. I can't really do anything, so I putting myself on bed rest as much as posible. ( I have 3 other children. 4,2 and 9 months) I go to my Dr. tomarrow and then a specialist in a  5 days.  
WOW! Did the ultrasound show the baby attached to the muscle or are they saying this is going to happen? Please keep us all updated on your progress. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
They couldn't tell this from the ultrasound.. it's just a guess since I shouldn't have any lineing. When I went to the Dr. today he put me on bedrest....... and he also said ' don't be surprised if in the last few months of your pregnancy ( if I make it that far ) if you have to be hospitalized in the Intencive care'. We are hopeing to keep this baby! He also said I should have a check-up every 2 weeks. Now I just have to see what the specialist says on monday. Wish me luck!! Thank you for your concern.
I am so happy to read a positive outcome with your pregnancy!! You are giving me hope in my time of need! Thank you so much. There is nothing  more amazing then life its self. I will not abort this baby!!
Please keep me up to date on everyones pregnancy I too want to get pregnant after ablation, my lining is 5.5 to 5.9mm, has anyone tried viagra vaginally?  Please email me if you want, delete the spaces, this is the only way i can  include my email address, good luck danielle   dsl  213 @  adelphia.  net
What is viagra vaginally? I've never heard of this. I have e-mailed you back also. Thanks for the luck!
Viagra vaginally is a vasodilator, it will bring blood to the uterus and hopefully build up the lining, this is what is the problem that us women have after the ablation, is a thin to no lining at all.  Let me know if anyone has had luck with this.  Thanks and good luck to all.
I just wanted to let you I am now 29 1/2 weeks pregnant and I had my ablation in 2005.  I understand the pain.  I have been on bed rest for over a month.  I have been doing better now on bed rest.  But before the bestrest, I could not sit for to long or stand to long without a lot of pain then came the spotting and discharge.  But since bedrest and really staying in bed except for the have to get up things, I have not had any bleeding.  I am thinking the pain is from the growing of the uterus with all the scare tissue in there.  I know now that I have days that I am very sore and I think those are the days my uterus is growing more then others.  But I give it a few days and the pain and soreness are gone and back it a lot of kicking and moving.  I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and I was admitted to IU/Riley hospital on Nov. 13th for special watch.  Because my OB is not a high risk OB and was getting worried that she may be missing something.  But after lots of testing by the specialist, they can only tell me that the contraction that I am having are to producing any results or changes in the cervix and that he baby is growing heatlhy.  So I have to make sure that the contractions to not get worse and just be completely aware of my body and what it is trying to tell me.  The specialist was also saying that yes there is possibilities of your uterus being tore during delivery and causing delivery; however, since all my docotrs are aware of the situation we are looking at just doing a c-section if any sign of trouble starts.  That way we can bypass all problems.  My OB is getting excited since I am almost 32 weeks and then we have a great chance the baby will make it with no problems.  But I am looking forward to a full term pregnancy.  I hope some of this information will help someone.  If you have any questions I will try to answer them.  I have learned a lot of things with going to the OB and specialist so much, but just forget about a lot of it until I am asked.  Pregnancy memory I guess..LOL  I miss everyone the best of luck.
It's great to hear from you and get an update on your pregnancy. Sounds like your moving right along pretty good. Do you know if the baby has attached to the uterine muscle or not?
Tony, thanks for the info. I am so glad that everything is working out for you and you have been able to keep the baby and you are pretty far along!! wahoooooo! You only have a few more weeks to go. I think having a c-section is the only way to go in this situation. Your life is at risk here and it will cause less trama on the baby. So, are you having a girl or boy? Please let me know how everything goes. I wish you the best!!
I had my ablation done 2 years ago due to heavy periods,and thinking i would not want anymore kids, but i met a wonderful man and am now wanting to have another baby, is there any hope, i still have a monthly period.....
If you are still having your periods then there is a good chance you could become pregnant. Honestly I think you shouldn't try. There are very high risks involved. The chances of having a healthy pregnancy all the way to term are slim and you will be putting the babys and your life at risk if not death. I am only about 9 1/2 weeks pregnant now and I am in constant pain. I am on bedrest, but I still have pain from doing nothing. Scroll up a little and read what I wrote before about my situation. I think babies are wonderful... but this is a serious situation and not many Dr.s really know what to do.
I think sometimes we need to stand back in our lives and realize what we already have. What would your children you have now do with out you if you died?? You already have a family. Please don't put yourself through this if you can help it.
were you trying to conceive and if so were you still having periods and do you know how thick your uterine lining was?  Thank you and good luck
thank you for the advise we will consider all our options before making a final decision.  Im not sure how thick the lining is, last time i saw dr he said all looks good will be seeing him tomorrow for another checkup, still having normal periods even since the ablation and  have been taking meds to help thicken the lining so hopfully that will help.  will keep you updated.
Is there actually medication out there to help thinken the lining? Good luck. If you are healthy and having your periods and your Dr.s say you should be fine, then go for it I guess.
I went to the Dr. today and everything looks wonderful! The baby is just the right size and the heart beat is great. The Dr. says I shouldn't have to have a c-section unless something goes wrong later on and that I don't have to be on bed rest if I don't want to. Whatever is more confertible for me since I am in pain. She said my pain might get worse. She thinks I have a lot of scartissue from the surgerys and that I should take fiber everyday to help keep my colan working right. So ladies........ things are looking up. I hope you are all doing well!

p.s. She couldn't check my uterine lining. I guess you can't get it measured if you are already pregnant. Your uterise has to be closed and they measure from one side to the other.
hi, i am happy that things are going well for you and your baby. what concerns me is that 4 days ago you said that this is dangerous to you and your baby and may cause death and that rarly does a woman carry full term. my question is...what did the doctor say to you yesterday to completely change your whole outlook on this pregagnancy? chello380
I went to the Periantoligest yesterday. So she was able to get a better look at everything. She wasn't able to see my placenta though.... so I could still have problems... but it is to early to tell right now. I will find out in another 10 weeks. The baby looked wonderful though. Like I said before a lot of Dr.s really don't know what's going on and it's kinda frustrating. There is no way you can know every little thing from an ultrasound, but right now I can hope. There isn't a lot of positive info. out there about this... and almost everything I've read says to terminate the baby and that you have to have a c-section and that's not true. I haven't had a c-section before and I had very good deliveries.... if there is no problem with the placenta then there is no reason to have a c-section. What can happen is  when a Dr. messes up on the uterine ablation he can puncture your uterese all the way through and then you have a scar on the outside of it. The placents has to connect onto the scar in order for there to be danger. I have a lot of scar tissue from my surgery, but it is on the inside... and  there is a layer in the placents that protects everything inside. So If you have this scar going all the way throuhg then this section isn't protected and then you have the problems.....This is when you have a very high chance of bleeding... and death.  I hope all that made sence.  I wanted to find someplace I could talk to other woman going through the same thing as me because it's hard to really know what to believe! I am sorry if I have caused some confusion or stress... I am still learning.
To update everyone-I had another ob apt. last week. I am about 8 weeks along & had a 2nd brief ultra sound. The tec reported again the baby has attached "where it is supposed to be." The heart beat was 175 bpm (nice & strong). It's amazing & I am still in shock!
The dr. said I should see a specialist which they advise anyone over 35 who is pregnant or who had an ablation. She also told me to see her in a month. If I make it another month I will be in my 2nd trimester. Every pregnancy is different & I'm not sure if it has to do with stress, being older (still everyone assures me I am young at 39) or the ablation, but I am very tired, a little dizzy sometimes, queasy most of the time & quite nauseous the rest of the time with occasional dry heaves.:( Other than that I don't have much pain like I read some women do. I just want to feel better so I eat what ever I can & I have gained 8 or 9 pounds. I weigh now what I usually weighed at 6 months! My pre-pregnancy weight was 130-135 lbs even after each of my 4 natural births & 2 miscarriages (that both included a D&C). My weight has been pretty stable at 140 lbs. & I never weighed more than 165 lbs when I was pregnant. Even though I am careful & eat pretty healthy I am nervous about gaining too much weight putting more of a burden on my uterus. Please share any info or knowledge anyone may have on this. Thanx
Sounds like you are doing well. I am so glad. I agree, every pregnancy is diffrent. I'm very courious to see how we all turn out. Best wishes!
I went to the doctor today and had my lining measured,it is .7cm. The doctor said that it actually looked very good and he saw one very small area with scar tissue. He gave me a prescription for Clomid to take on the 3rd day of my next cycle through the 7th day. I go back on January 3, 2008. He is planning on reviewing my file and doing more research over the holidays and then possible scheduling a laproscopy and hyperscopy. One is where he actually goes in and looks at my uterus and the other is where he actually takes away the scar tissue if any. And if everything looks okay then he will also go ahead and do a tubal revearsal at that time.
This is my first time on this site and I am so happy that I have found it. I live in Canada and find that the resources here are not very good. I had an ablation done in 2004, I have not had a period since. When I had my surgery I was married and my husband was fixed. I never anticipated that my marriage would fail but it did. I was lucky enough to meet the man of my dreams and we got married last year. I did not know that an ablation would make me sterile. I was never told that at the time of my surgery. I started researching it when my husband and I decided that we wanted to have a baby and was really hurt with the small amount of info that I did receive. I went to my family doctor and she told me that I could get pregnant but it was a long shot,,,basically she said cross your fingers and hope. I am trying to get as much information as I can so I know what options are available. My main question is for those who have gotten pregnant, did you have your period after your ablation??
Hi Sherri, welcome.
I did have my period after my ablation... honestly it didn't change mych at all. I am not 11 weeks pregnant.

good luck
I have had a full 6-7 day period every month since my ablation. How likely do you think this is normal and does anyone know if this makes it easier to consive
I had a tubal in 1998 at the age of 18 and the ablation in 2004 after very heavy long periods.
I'm not a doctor by no means, but from the research that I have done and my own experience, if you are still having a period then you do have a lining, if the ablation didn't help at all then you may very well have a better chance at getting pregnant and carrying to term then most women with an ablation. You should ask your ob to measure your lining (vaginal ultrasound). Why did you have a tubal at such a young age. Where I live doctors will not perform tubals unless you are at least 25 years of age have been married or have a child of each sex. Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply and congratulations on your pregnancy. I definately have not gotten my hopes up about getting pregnant because most pregnancy stories I have read, they had periods after their ablation. I have read that over time the lining can grow back. Lately I have found that I am having way more pms symptoms and more cramping. Who knows? Anyways, keep me posted on your pregnancy, my thoughts and best wishes are with you.
There is some things that I've found through research and other women that you can take to try and rebuild your lining. If you will read the post above from tigelman, she mentions viagra vaginally and there is something called estrace which is a form of estrogen. I hope this helps and good luck to you!
I had a tubal because I had a daughter at 15 a son at 17 and a daughter at 18. The ablation was done due to the fact I was having heavier than normal periods that were lasting sometimes 2 plus weeks. A couple of months ago I found out I was pregnant. Here comes #4. While I am so thrilled I am puzzled. I had a tubal to prevent pregnacy. Glad it didn't work because I am older now and with a wonderful man after a horrible divorce and I am so blessed to be able to have children with him. But when the doc did the ablation I was told that children would be out of the question. Well here I am almost 18 weeks along and really wondering How I got here.? I was starting to think that maybe the doc just billed ins. and really didn't do the procedure. After I give birth I am curious to see what my linning will measure. I guess that will answer the things I'm not quite understanding.
by the way I am in NC!!
Oh my Goodness! may luck be with you sweetie! I wonder what the doc did as well. If you continued having periods then that is normal because some women don't take to the ablation as well as others, but with the ablation and the tubal it sounds like fate has brought you here. You situation is definately a unique one. How far along are you? Have you had any complications? Are you seeing the same OB? I will keep you and your family in prayers. Please keep us all updated on your pregnancy. I am curious to know what your lining is afterwards also.
Thanks for the info, I am also very hesitant on trying anything because I really don't want to get my hopes up. Once I found out last year that I could not have any children I was very hurt and mad. I had just gotten married to a man 10 yrs younger than me and I really hoped we would have a family. He has no children of his own. When he thought we could have a family, he was super excited. When I found out we couldn't he was great, he said it was fine too because he was happy with things the way it was. I know he says that because he really loves me but it really hurts. I am so happy that I found this site because I have not told him how much it is hurting me and it is really helpful to vent to people who understand. Thanks all for listening.
Thanks for sharing, I'm always here if you just want to vent. I to was very discouraged because even though I have a period it is very light. You should definately go and have the ob measure your lining to see exactly where you are and then maybe overtime you can take some of the things I listed to help rebuild. You can also have a laproscopy done, this is where they go in and remove the scar tissue from the ablation. Don't give up yet. I have been searching for months and have just recently came up with alot of positive information. Continue to do your research and definately go to an ob and have your lining measured first. Good Luck!!
Hi.. I had the same surgerys as you... tubes tied and ablation! I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant, and I to wonder what the Dr. did to me. I have had health issues since my surgery that was 8 months ago. (2 months after giving birth to my 3rd child) Anyway... I wish you the best and if you ever want to talk let me know. I have been looking for someone else who has had BOTH surgerys to kind of compare to. Best wishes!
To answer your ? - B-4 the ablation I had a regular period 5-6 days. Afterwards I spotted & or had a very lite flow (sometimes very thin & just pink). It only lasted on average 2 days. I chose ablation as opposed to a tubal ligation because I was informed by women who had their tubes tied that it caused worse cramping & bleeding after they had it done. At the time of my procedure in 2002 I was told I would basically b sterile and even though I would still ovulate if I got pregnant it would hav nothing 2 attach 2, but in the rare chance that a fertilized ovum did attach that it could b life threatening for the baby & mother. My microscopic periods remained pretty much the same over the past 5 years not growing any longer so being pregnant was quite a shock 2 us. I often told the father what I was told by the dr who did the operation & we were careful during the time I thought I could become PG. Obviously not careful enough & now I am going on 10 weeks.    
I had an abalation in 1999, and I just found out that I am pregnant. The doctors told me that I am probably micarring. I have been spotting for a week. I never knew I was pregnant. It was a total shock. I have 3 kids 16,12 and 12.
For those of you who have had a tubal AND ablation, has anyone found a DR that specializes in this? I too had my tubes tied years ago. Had ablation a year and half ago. My periods are getting closer to pre-ablation state every month. My life situation has changed and wonder if there is a MD that has untied tubes after ablations. I am around the St,Louis area. Have been looking for a specialist to untie tubes and be able to help me concieve (conceive) again.
Any help?
I'm not sure if there are any Dr.s that undo the tube tying. I was sent to a Periantoligest to make sure everything was going alright with my pregnancy. You might want to talk to your regular Dr. and see what he/she says.

Good Luck
My post-ablation child (see post 10/25/07) is now a very healthy 6 year old boy. However, his first few months of life were painful and traumatic. He is VERY fortunate to have only one on-going condition from extreme prematurity (from the long list of potentials). His Retinopathy was caused by the oxygen (can result in blindness). He just tested as legally vision impaired. From childhood, I planned a large family. I adore children! I was blessed to have this child and would have loved to give him a little brother BUT after seeing what he went through I wouldn't intentionally fall pregnant. During our 3 months in the NICU (neo-natal intensive care) I saw a great deal of heartache in families not as fortunate. PLEASE get as much testing and advice before making this decision.

Is there a study, or statistics, on pregnancy following ablation? My basic stats:
         Ablation 1997 - live birth (male) at 25 wks gestation - Sept 2001 - (QLD, Australia)
I too had ablation done before I finally had my uterus out.  Understand that I doubt you will find a doc who will help you find a way to get pregnant.  I am not trying to be mean, but do you understand that you can die if you do end up getting pregnant.  Also, as mum005 stated, it is very unlikely that you will carry it to full term.
The is a reason most docs will not give a woman an ablation unless she has had a tubal done.  My doc did because my husband was fixed so she knew I wasn't going to get pregnant.
I want you to realize that getting pregnant could in fact kill you, and it shouldn't be taken lightly at all.  Please do some research on the internet cause there are alot of horibal stories on there.  
One other thing I would also like to add is ablations in the past two years are done alot better then they were before.  If you had the novasure procedure done, I would not even consider it.  
I had my ablation done 1 year ago, and 4 months after that I had my uterus removed...... It took the doc 3 hours to remove my uterus because it fell into pieces when she was getting it out.  That is from the ablation...... Your uterus is not meant to carry children anymore.
You probably also signed something stating that you have no plans on getting pregnant, so if a doc sees that they will not want to get involved.
Again I am not trying to be mean at all, but it is very very dangerous for you and the baby.

mum005
I am so happy to hear that your son made it.  
Just want to say that I too had a tubal ligation in 1995 after the birth of my 3rd child.  Also had an endometrial ablation in 2006 which was recommended to me because I was 34 at the time and a hysterectomy would put me in instant menopause and the doctor felt the ablation would by me atleast 10 years.  Now, what i was told was that I would be unable to conceive a child (which to the doctor didnt really mean anything since I already had my tubes tied).  Nothing was ever mentioned to me about conitnuing birth control, because of the obvious and the doctor never discussed the risk of pregnancy if this were to occur... they pretty much push for this advertising the light or almost no periods.  In the beginning after the procedure, I had 1 day spotting with pms symptoms.  Now my cycle will last two days with menstrual cramps, headaches, bloating... all of that remains the same, but my bleeding is light compared to my month long periods before the procedure.  I have to be honest I have wondered what it would be like to conceive again, get my tubal reversed... but the after reading the risks, it is very scary.  I wish everyone the best and dont want to say anything negative or scare anyone... God chooses to bless whom he chooses.  And one more thing, since most doctors are NOT informing everyone with the knowledge they should have, we probably shouldnt sound so mean when addressing the dangers... There are doctors out there that are recommending these types of procedures for the money and dont care what your outcome is.  God Bless and good luck to all!
oh i wasn't trying to be mean at all, and i even stated that before hand, and in the middle of my post, and at the end.
the thing is women have died from getting pregnant after having the ablation done, and I think telling a woman that is a possiblity is not being mean.  
I would rather be told by someone of the dangers and risks rather then be sugar coated about them.  
There has been births after ablations, but if you read stuff about it on the internet, you become high risk, and often the child is born prematurlly.
I think you should tell people of the negative stuff, I mean she came on here asking about if it is possible or not, so I answered her question.
I am thinking the doc didn't discuss with you about becoming pregnant because you had already had your tubes tied.
My doc discussed it with me because she wanted me to be fully aware of what could happen, and the only reason she gave me the procedure without having my tubes tied was because my husband had been fixed and also she made me sign something stating that I knew that I couldn't carry anymore children.
My doctor had a case where a woman got pregnant, and she died.
It states on novasures site the same risks that I explained.
there is another thread on medhelp regarding someone asking the same question.  So I am posting something someone found on the internet and posted it.........................

FROM OB-GYN.NET:

"Ablation does NOT provide reliable birth control, since ovulation still takes place as before, and the uterine lining may be receptive to a pregnancy. Second, pregnancy in general should not be elected after an ablation; in fact, it can be dangerous. The procedure can cause changes in the uterus that make pregnancy potentially hazardous to the mother, including possible complications such as uterine rupture and placenta accreta (a placenta that becomes "stuck" to the uterus and cannot be removed, causing potentially life-threatening bleeding). Because of the potential problems with future pregnancies, it is generally recommended that reliable birth control, including male or female sterilization, be considered in women who undergo ablations."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a paragraph from the book, A Gynecologist's Second Opinion: The Questions and Answers You Need to Take Charge of Your Health by William H. Parker, M.D., with Rachel L. Parker, Contributions by Ingrid A. Rodi, M.D. and Amy E. Rosenman, M.D:

"Once the lining cells of the uterus are destroyed by the procedure, there is no place for a developing fetus to attach within the uterus. If some cells remain following an ablation, there exists the rare possibility of pregnancy occuring. If pregnancy were to occur, termination would most likely be recommended as doctors are concerned that without adequate cells lining the inside of the uterus, the placenta would grow directly into the muscle wall of the uterus and take hold like the roots of a tree. As a result, the placenta would not be able to separate at the time of delivery, and hemorrhage could occur. This procedure is not a form of birth control and another method of birth control must still be used to avoid pregnancy."

I can see both sides to this. If you have had an ablation and then you want to get pregnant again... and then the side where you do become pregnant after an ablation when you wheren't planning it.
The fact is that this is scary! I might not be on bed rest anymore, but I still worry and hurt every day. I mean, really.. who wants to have a baby that is born way to early on purpose?? That's just dumb.  I don't believe any Dr. ANY know what is happening in our bodies after an ablation! No matter how many ultrasounds you may get you can't see everything that is going on... everything the baby may not be getting. If you have had an ablation and want to get pregnant then you should  NOT have had the ablation!!
There are cases where woman want to get pregnant after... they get their lineing checked and the uterine wall is think enough to carry a baby again. BUT... All the trauma your uterus has been throuhg you still can't tell how strong it is. So what if it's thick? There will be scar tissue! Did you know that scar tissue can cause sevier pain! There are so many things to think about. And Death is  one of them!
There are VERY VERy few stories with a good out come of all of this. I hope mine can be one of them. But I would have never went through these surgerys to try and get pregnant again afterword. Ladies, please thing of your life and how much it means to you and the ones around you. You might think, it's not going to be so bad, a little pain, it's only 9 months.... but there is so much to it then that and you don't know how it's going to affect you untill it's to late.
Get mad all you want about what I say. I don't care. You should be glad people are willing to tell you the truth!
Wow girl you said it great!!!!!!!
I just know for a fact what kind of shape a uterus is in after the ablation because 3.5 to 4 months after I had my ablation they just removed my uterus.......... It literally fell into pieces when they were trying to get it out.  There is no way my uterus could support a child for 9 months.
I totally agree wtih you that yeah, sometimes you don't purposly get pregnant, and you know then maybe it was ment to be and I hope all goes well, but I personally don't feel you should set out to get pregnant just as you also said.
Heck I sometimes miss having a baby around too, because my girls are 3 and 5, but I also know that I made the choice to be finished, and I can't ever go back on that.
I mean it's not just the medical issues the baby can face, but a mother can die from bleeding to death, and it has happened.  
I truly feel sorry for females that wish they wouldn't have had the ablation, but they did.

So how many months are you now?
Good luck and I hope you have a well pregnancy.
hi Laura...

Thanks. I am glad some one can agree with me. I am about 12 1/2 weeks along. I feel pretty good for the most part, but then there are those very very painful days. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I can't believe your uterus fell apart.. I mean, I believe it, but that is scary! Hopefully they got everything out and you can heal correctly. I wish you the best.

I feel like my pregnancy was ment to be. I had a feeling (before the surgery) that I was going to have another baby, but I didn't want to because I am very stressed with the children I already have. I want to be a wonderful mother and a good friend to my children. Being pregnant wasn't a huge shock... because I had felt it would happen. I remember when I went in to have the ablation done.... the nurses all where very concerned. I was very emotional and crying. I'm not usually like that in front of people. They asked we why I was getting the surgery done and I told them I felt like I needed to. They asked me why I was so upset.... I told them... We as woman are given this devine gift to have children.. to create them, to carry them and feel them grow. It is a wonderful gift. I felt like I was taking that away from myself. I was "destroying my womb"!! And you know what....... It really does destroy your womb. Look what happned to you. It's so sad.
I hope I can make it through this. I hope my baby.. and my poor body can make it through this.
Wow. I'm having the darndest time trying to find any information on pregnancy after ablation.  It's soo good to know that I'm not alone...

A little over a year ago, I had the Nova Sure ablation done, and I didn't have a SINGLE period after that. I was so sure I was just...safe...

Here I am, a year later, and I am 9 weeks along with the most miraculous UTERINE pregnancy. My regular OB acts like I have nothing to be worried about, but I'm FREAKING OUT!!!

I thought I was done with having kids, but I'm still young (26) and, like I told my doctor, now that the opportunity has presented itself (for another one), I'm thrilled. I just feel like I'm holding my breath and waiting for the ball to drop. I'm so scared that something will happen...
Yep, I remember my hubby thought for sure they had to open my stomach up when I was in surgery because it was taking twice as long.  See they did it the new way with three little holes.  But the problem it was taking so long was as the doctor said my uterus was just crumbling up in little pieces.
That's why I know for a fact that ablations do work, and they do make your uterus fragil.
I was even having medium periods after my ablation, so they didn't get all my lining.  My lining was twice as thick as a normal person, and that is why I had the ablation done.

I would really like to stay in touch with you and hear about your pregnancy.  
I know its tuff sometimes but I am sure that you and your baby will be A okay.  The thing you have on your side is a doc that knows the complications, and can watch you closely.
Remember to rest as much as possible........... I know I know easier said then done when you have kids at home.  But seriously, the more relaxed you can get the longer little miss or little mr. can stay inside where he or she belongs.

I remember the day I went into surgery to have the ablation done, it felt like a part of my life was over.... which it was, I was no longer going to carry children, and it bothered me.  I cried too, and it upset me.  But I was also happy that I wouldn't have such terrible periods..

To this day I still wonder if I should've waited and had another baby, but then I hear one crying......... then I come to my senses.....  lol
I wouldn't say you have nothing to worry about............ tell your doc you have done some checking into it, and there are problems that are happening.  
I hope you have a safe pregnancy and can carry to full term also.  
From what I understand any woman that gets pregnant after ablation, usually is considered a high risk pregnancy by doctors.
Thank you so much for talking to me and helping me feel better. This isn't the best time of year to be calm. LOL And, yes, haveing 3 kids.. 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 10 months... is really hard. It's like I told my Dr. ( who is freaking awesome ) I have no idea what's really going on with my body right now. So the only thing I can do is pray and pray and pray that everything turns out for the best. I am glad I am still 'kinda' young..28. But since my surgery I haven't been myself. I can't do much of what I did before. I miss going for walks with my kids and running with them. Now it's such a big deal! I just want to have a healthy baby and get my life back. I'm going to make my husband get snipped.... I can't make myself go through all this again. I am hopeing to keep my uterus. I don't want to deal with early menapause...then I'll have to start waxing my mustache. LOL Anyway... Here is my e-mail if you want to keep in touch. Christel_Lanier***@****.
okay, so that didn't work!

Christel_Lanier  @  hotmail  .com

What kind of a Dr. are you going to? An OB/GYN or just a regular family Dr.? You really should be seen by a Periantoligest to get a better look at how your pregnancy is progressing. I wish you the best of luck!!
Oh you won't go through menapose if you have your uterus taken out.  I have all the same hormones as you do, I just don't have the darn period anymore.  I have my cervix and my ovaries just no uterus.  It was actually the best thing I have ever done........ heck I wish I would've just skipped the stupid ablation thing altogether. lol
I still get bloated, and still have all the signs that I am getting ready to start my period, just no period.  lol
I guess I'll just have to see how I feel after having the baby. But that's good to hear. Periods are no fun.I do not look forward to bleeding through my clothes again.
Hello I had oblation (ablation) 2 years ago and just recently started having light periods. I have 2 children 10 and 6 and just recently got back with my husband. We where seperated for 1 year. The scarriest thing is I think I'm pregnant and I'm very scared after reading all these stories. If anyone has anymore imfo please share... Babydoll007
This guy is my ob.  I've been seeing him for eleven years, and I think I'm done with him.  He did my ablation.  He didn't even believe me when I said that I was pregnant, and that the baby was in the uterus (I had an ultrasound at the hospital a week before).  He HAS to be the biggest idiot I've ever dealt with.  I KNOW that this is more than "No big deal."  Quite frankly, I just don't think that HE thinks so.  I truly don't think that he realizes the scope of all of this, and because of that, I'm going to be seeing someone more qualified to handle my situation.  He told me that I was fine to go and work out and all kinds of other things, but I'm not so sure, and I'm not taking any chances until I find out something from someone...better.  
I think you've found yourself a QUACK! I wish you luck on finding a more qualified careing Dr. I don't think it's a good idea to be working out. This isn't a normal pregnancy! Take it easy and look into seeing a Periantoligest.
Well, well, well.  He sent me to a perinatologist.  I'm going on January 2nd.  We'll see how things go... : ) : ) : )
I hope everything works out for ya........ there def. are some quacks out there that call themselves DR's.... lol
They do say after you have the ablation, years later uterun cells can grow again if any were left behind during your ablation.  Hopefully you have enough to withhold a pregno.
It seems like there are alot of women out there that are in the same shoes you are.  
Heck my ablation took care of most of my period, but I still had a normal size period after it was done.  Before the ablation I had horrible periods cause I found out my lining was twice as thick as a normal persons.  Then when they took out my uterus I was still having some periods each month because I have my cervix and the doc said that uterun cells can be left ontop of the cervix causing a period.......... well then 3 months ago they froze my cervix......... FINALLY IT WORKED!!!!!  Haven't had a period for 3 months.  lol  Glad I have good insurance.  lol
As I stated earlier though my uterus crumbled when they were taking it out, and the doc said it was because of the ablation........
Most females that get pregnant after ablation are considered high risk pregnancy's, but hopefully since your ablation was years ago, you will be fine.  Hopefully your uterus healed itself.......
Go to the novasure website, and they discuss this in detail regarding regrowth of uterun cells after time.
Thank you so much for the information... I find it so frustrating because I can't find any info. After reading all the messages I don't feel so deprest, I'm glad we can all help one another in these difficult and frustrating times. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on pregnancy
I am so glad to hear this! Good luck and let me know how your visit goes. Hopefully the baby is where it should be and growing like it should. Just wondering, what state are you in? I'm in Utah.

I hope all of you had a nice Christmas!!
I'm in Kansas.  The baby is where it should be, but they can't tell how far along I am yet..three weeks ago, I was told that I was somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks along, but also that there may have been TWO babies there.  OMIGOD.  I am QUITE anxious to get myself to the new doctor next week.  

This happening is the craziest thing that I ever thought would happen to me and my family, and I'm glad to know that there are other people (though few, I know) dealing with this, too.  
That would be so cool. I have the chills! It is pretty crazy.. how many other children do you have?  I would have to say it really does sound like a miracle!  I am pretty anxious myself to hear how it goes. And that is great you don't have a tubal pregnancy! way to go sperm. LOL

Don't stress out to much. You'll be okay!!
Here is an update. I saw the So.Fl. Periantologist & had my 4th sonogram which put me at 12 weeks. I am still so shocked 2 b here. The fetal heart rate was 162 bpm, the baby measures 2 in., the placenta is posterior, mid uterus, implanted in the linning & the baby is mid uterus 2. Everything is as it should b. I had a blood test for CF & turned down the more invasive amniocentisis & villi sampling. Thus far I have only had the usual pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) (meaning no extra pain). I have gained 12#s & my red blood cells measure 90.1. That's a mid range size & totally normal. All the stats mean I am having a very healthy pregnancy so far. It is truely a miracle (although totally unexpected) 2 b in such good health considering the high risk. We'll keep everyone posted in the New Year!!
good luck to you jane and all the rest who are pregnant!! we all need to hear how you are doing, so please keep us posted!!
I'm so glad to hear everything is going well.......... I hope everything stays that way for you guys.  
I am 37 yrd old hispanic female who had an ablation done about 8 mos ago and about 5 months ago started dating someone, we have been strong in our relationship and he has never been married, doesn't have any chilldren and neither do I.   I had to have the procedure done due to heavy bleeding that wouldn't stop with any medication, they ruled out uterine cancer with me and all is fine.  I have not bled one day since my ablation.  However, my boyfriend soon to be fiance, wants to have a baby with me, I am telling him this is not possible, but now after reading some of these postings, is it possible to get pregnant??  I would love to have a baby with this man.  can anyone offer any suggestions...
Elizabeth
My suggestion to you is this...... DO NOT try and get pregnant! You should read what everyone has written on this page and realize how dangerious this is!
that you are not having ANY bleeding, I would not try because our albation worked totally.  Some women end up having light periods after the ablation, and turn out to have some lining left.....
The women that are pregnant that are on here, are scaired to death about their pregnancys and most are at high risk.....
Death can come from getting pregnant, not just to your baby, but also to you.  You could start bleeding and not stop during delivery.  Look up pregnancy after ablation (google) and you will read some of the horrior stories from females.
As christel79 stated you need to read through all this posts, because some of the women that had babies after ablation did not make it to full term, and had babies with medical issues.
The thing is if you haven't even bled after your ablation I doubt that you will end up pregnant anyways.  I am sorry that the option was taken from you.
I had horrible periods before, and after I had my two daughters I went in to get the ablation done.  4 months later I had my uterus removed and the doc said it was just falling apart when she cut into it because the ablation damages the inside of your uterus.  
Hi.  I, too, am in Indiana and am 10 weeks pregnant.  I had my ablation last June.  I am seeing my regular OB/GYN in Terre Haute and will begin seeing a specialist in Indy in about 2 weeks.  I would love to be able to stay in touch with you and compare notes as our pregnancies progress.  For now, my doc is optimistic and expects us to have a healthy baby due August 1, 2008.  Here is our situation:  I have three daughters, ages 12, 10 and 10 (twins).  My boyfriend has three children as well.  His children are ages 14, 11, 7.  My doctor told me I would not be able to have any more children, so we were not using any method of birth control.  I was surprised and not necessarily happy to find out three weeks ago that I am pregnant, but have actually become quite excited now.  I was experiencing a lot of pain initially, but it has calmed down a bit lately.  My doctor says it's because my uterus is trying to expand and the scar tissue from the ablation is ripping.  We chose not to terminate because we believe that everything happens for a reason.  We have put all of our trust in God and know that if it's His will, we will have a baby this summer.  Please reply back to me as I feel very alone in this situation.  I can't find anyone here who understands how stressful this is or how scared I feel.  You will be in my prayers and congrats on your pregnancy.
you must live pretty close to me cause terre haute is only 1.5 hours away from where i am......
Yep, I live in Clinton, IN.  My regular OB/GYN is Dr. Malik in Terre Haute and the specialist in Indy I'm seeing is Dr. Abernathy.  I really would like to hear more from some of the women on here who were pregnant and have probably delivered.  It's been interesting to read the posts, but also a little scary.  It's difficult not knowing what lies ahead for me and this baby.  My other two pregnancies were relatively normal ( other than the multiples part).  This has been painful and stressful from the beginning.  Thanks for replying.  Where are you?
Hello, welcome to the group. I was just reading over your last comment and you wanted to hear from more woman who have delivered. Well... there aren't many out there. Most of the babies will be born early. A lot of cases the woman and/or the baby die. So if you find more woman that have gone through all this and had a delivery... let me know , I would love to hear from them to.  This is a scary thing.

I hope you can find a good Dr. who unserstands how serious this is and takes care of you. I wish you the best in your health. I was also in a lot of pain.. constant pain but I am feeling better. Let us all know how you are doing. This is more of a support group to help us all through these hard times.
Hi.  Thanks for your response.  Early babies aren't new territory for me, my twins were premature.  My doc says I am at a higher risk of premature birth because of my early delivery last time.  Thankfully, my physician and hospital are well equipped for preemies.  I was just looking for some positive feedback from some of the moms who were on here a couple of years ago.  Like my doctor said today, most of them are probably off living their lives with their toddlers now.  I've yet to have heard any stories of women dying from this.  That puts a new spin on this for us.  We have searched the internet high and low looking for all of the possible outcomes of this pregnancy and found nothing about the moms dying.  Any Website that you can forward me to with that type of info would be greatly appreciated.  Did your doctor tell you that?  He/she must have more experience than my doctor and perinatologist with pregnancy after ablation, because they have both said that there aren't many cases at all regarding our types of pregnancies to base ours off of.  They have made it clear that the potential is there for hemorrhaging, but my doc is seeing me every 7 days and is watching my uterus  and placenta very closely.  He is starting me on progesterone shots next week and I will have a couple of MRIs to see how much the placenta has fused into my uterus.  It's amazing how much skill and talent God has lent to doctors these days.  I, too, wish to find support in this forum.  It's such a blessing to know that none of us are alone in this journey.  I am optimistic and realistic about this pregnancy.  Considering it's virtually impossible for any of us to have ended up pregnant at all, I'd say the odds are now in our favor.  Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you continue to blessed every day.  We are making history ladies!
I am so glad I found this site.  I had an ablation done in 2003.  After the surgery I continued having  periods although lighter. I have 2 boys 9 and 7.  In 2005 I divorced and have since remarried.  I was under the impression that I would not be able to get pregnant therefore was not using any method of birth control.  I found out at the end of Sept. that I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I was utterly shocked.  I was not planning another pregnancy.  After my research (online) I realized the risks involved with this pregnancy.  I am 21 weeks and my pregnancy is progessing normally.  I see an OB and a specialist.  At this point the placenta has attached to the uterine lining and looks normal from ultrasounds.  I will be monitored closely and will most likely have an MRI as well to make sure everything is ok.  If at any point,  the placenta appears to be attached too deep into the uterine wall, we will do a C-section with a hysterectomy at the time of delivery to prevent any serious hemorrhaging.  I am 38 years old and my future fertility is not an issue. It is so comforting knowing I am not alone in this and other women are experiencing the same concerns, feelings, and fears!
Hello...
It is good to hear you have a positive out look and that you are being watched after. When I first found out I was pregnant after having my tubes tied and my uteres coterized in April of last year I was shocked, scared and mad. Honestly.. I still am. I looked up everything I could find on the internet to see what was going to happen to me. I read story after story of woman dying, babies dying. I can't remember the web pages... there where so many. I seriousally thought I was going to die. Of cource these woman didn't finish their stories.... because they where no longer around. I think that this is happening more and more  and Dr.s are realizing that "we" need to be watched closely.  
How does your Dr. figure you are more prone to having a preemie because you did last delivery? That doesn't make sence. Every pregnancy is diffrent! You make it sound natural and I don't think it is. I would have a VERY hard time bringing home a baby that was less then 8 lbs. and I am a small woman who has had problems with every pregnancy. I still have healthy babies.
Well, we've now made it through our 10th week!  Everything is still going well.  I had a couple of painful rough days, but it seems that a nice warm bath, or my heat blanket makes me feel tons better.  I also had my doctor write a prescription for massage therapy.  I am excited for that!  I've also begun the process of scaling back at work.  It seems the longer I'm on my feet, the worse my abdomen hurts, so we are working on that.  I am a teacher, so it might get tricky keeping me on my feet.  I ordered an Intelligender test online and received it today.  I know it seems silly, but we are excited about seeing what the gender of the baby is and I have the patience of a gnat!  We won't be able to do the test until tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted on what we find out.  Then in a few weeks, hopefully, an ultrasound will confirm our results.
Just wanted to check up on you ladies and see how you are doing. I have had some painful days again. Dr. says it's from me growing. I'm 15 weeks a 3 days now. I go in for my ultrasound in 2 weeks to see the sex of the baby. I'm pretty excited.
It's so awesome to read your stories.  I am a 40 year old teacher who had an ablation a year ago.  I was also told that I couldn't get pregnant, but still continued to have periods after the ablation.  I just found out 3 days ago, I am 6 weeks pregnant.  Not only am I high risk due to the ablation, but also because of my age.  We have already heard and seen the heartbeat and the baby is in the uterus where it belongs.  I would love to join your chats since some of you are just a little further along than me.  I already have an 11 year old, and this is pretty exciting for her.  I'm due Sept. 1 as of now.
MS in Texas
Exactly the same has happened to me, same no of weeks pregnant, found out Wednesday.  and hey guess what...have an 11 year old girl, 9 year old boy and 7 year old girl.   have had a scan, but i have been told that is very high risk and major chance of miscarrying.  THe doctors don't really know what to say or do here as so even the gyno hasn't come across it before.  Am so so tired.  Haven't told my children as really need to sort out what is going to happen so will wait  a few more weeks.to see if get through those and have early tests done at 11 weeks.  I was also told could not have children after ablation.  Hey and I am 40 next year!!!  

But I not in USA!  L in England x
just got back from docs.  They told me that being counselled and being told you could not have children and can only have the ablation if completed your family is different from "you can't get pregnant!".  Anyone out there pregnant after ablation, I would really like to hear what you have been told by docs. etc. as in such a turmoil.  Thanks!
My previous doctor stated "You will not be able to get pregnant after the ablation."  I went to him when I suspected I was pregnant and he treated me like I was insane!  I found a new doctor to handle this pregnancy, but none in my area have ever come across a woman pregnant after ablation.  The specialist in Indy that I begin seeing next Tuesday has one other patient that is currently pregnant and she is 7 months along.  I think there needs to be something done to ensure that doctors are telling future ablation patients that they can, indeed, become pregnant and that it is just very risky.
So, I guess there is some hope that this pregnancy will make it.  I'm still very nervous since I'm only 7 weeks, but my doctor was positive since we've heard the heartbeat and the baby seems to be attached where it is suppose to be.  I am also a teacher, so I feel your pain of being on your feel all the time.  Sounds like you are just a few weeks ahead of me.  I go back to the doctor Friday for another ultrasound.  We'll see how things progress.  Keep us updated on your progress!!
Wow I have poured over each of these posts and it's nice to know I am not alone.  I have had my tubes tied and an endometrial ablation as well.  My EA was done in 2004 and I have since developed light periods.  I am not with a man who doesn't have children and wants them.  I already I have one she's 8,  I have an appointment with my OB/GYN to talk about getting pregnant and possibly retying my tubes....I have been trying to stay optimistic, however we do know that it may not be a possibility.
I meant to say I am with a man that wants kids....LOL
Well, we go to the perinatologist tomorrow in Indianapolis.  I have to say, it can't come quick enough for me.  I had a terribly painful weekend with mild bleeding.  I wonder if the rest of you guys hurt all the time like this.  My regular OB/GYN keeps offering me Vicodin, but I'm terrified that I and/or baby will become addicted so I always decline.  I continue to use a warming blanket and a hot bath to cope.  Anyone have any advice?  Tell me how you guys are doing...
how did you get on with the perinatologist yesterday?  In answer to your question re pain, haven't had any but guess could be because you further along - I only 7 weeks.  I really hope it all went ok for you, what did they suggest?  I am seeing yet another consultant tomorrow, but this one delivered by three children years ago, so really like/trust his opinion.  Keep in touch with how you are
i am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. How far along are you again? I am 16 weeks and 2 days. My pain has gotten a lot better and I feel like I can do things again.  Every now and then I hurt a little. I am very tired all the time and don't sleep well. It's so cool to feel my baby moving. I find out in 1 week if I am having a boy or girl.
The first trimester was very very painful. Just rest and make sure you are eating well so you can stay HEALTHY. You will feel better soon.
I am so glad that I have found this site. I too am looking for info on carrying after ablation, I have also had my tubes tied. We went and saw a doctor on Monday about having my tubes repaired and he his booking us for a hysterosalpingogram or hsg to check my lining and to see where my tubes were clamped. Please keep posting you have made me feel very hopeful about this and yes I do understand about the complications that can arrise from this. Best of luck to all of you's.
Steph
Good Luck, to all you pregnant ladies!!! Six years ago (4 years after an ablation), I gave birth to my wonderful son, at 25 wks. However, if you read my earlier posts (Oct 25/26 & Dec 19) you will see he did not have an easy time. My doctors knew nothing about post-abalation pregnancy and I spent my pregnancy in a panic. I went to the hospital at the first sign of spotting. They couldn't stop the labour, then a cord prolapse necessitated an emergency C-section. I was VERY lucky!!!  During the months spent in the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) I saw very dedicated doctors & nurses use the latest technology to perform miracles on our tiny little preemies, some even smaller and 'younger' than mine. My wedding ring could fit around my son's ankle and he was too small even for doll clothes but he responded to our voices from day one. He hated having suction and his tiny little hands would try to push the nurses away. If he cried, we would rub the palm of his hand & he would settle. My advice - hope for the best but have your hospital bag packed early. If you do have a preemie, remember how much doctors's can do now and how very tough these little babies can be.
You know, I am really really not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but why is it that so many females are trying to get pregnant after having the ablation?  I understand mum005 and the other ladies that weren't out to get pregnant, and that's fine BUT I am seeing how ladies get tubles and ablations and then decide a few years later they want a child.  
I'm kind-of confused why ladies aren't thinking more about their WHOLE lives instead of the present time.  I mean really I hope ladies that read this post stop and consider what they MIGHT possibly want 5 years down the road before they go through the ablation or tubal.  Ablation isn't just nothing, it distroys your lining of your uterus, the same lining that needs to be there to support your baby..............  
The likely hood of someone getting pregno after having a tubal and ablation are seriously low, and I would be concerned about going to a doc that tells you it could be possible, because personally when a novasure (the ablation company) site tells you that you could die from getting pregno or that your baby could die or have complications, I don't see any well known GOOD doctor who is in it for more then just a paycheck even considering helping a woman get pregno again.
Again I am not trying to be rude, but what makes me upset is first off docs aren't telling women that they shouldn't get pregno, I think they are telling them they can't get pregno after ablation................... two different things there.
My doc sat down and told me that I need to be 100% sure that I want no more children before I have that sugery done, and even on the morning of the surgery, she came in and saw I was crying and sat down and told me that she would cancel the surgery if I wasn't positive anymore.  
Many women that end up pregno after ablation do still have small periods and therefore that means their lining wasn't fully distroyed.  
I just wouldn't want to go out and do it on purpose putting myself, my family in the position of having to morn me or my unborn child, plus I wouldn't want to put the heartache on myself being let down that I couldn't get my tubes fixed.
I said it above, that 3 months after my ablation I ended up getting my uterus completely removed, and I also stated that it took almost 3 hours for the doc to get it out because it was crumbling into pieces because of the ablation............  
I could tell you some stories because my mother is an RN in labor and delivery, so I hope you really think about everything.............  
If you have other children, consider what it would be like for them without their mother, because one side effect is a woman delivering the child and then the doc not being able to stop the mother from hemmerging, and that too is on novasures website.
w w w . n o v a s u r e . c o m
Just please consider all the issues, and for the ladies that are considering getting an ablation done, understand it doesn't just stop your periods, it prevents you from probably having anymore children to term.
Oh boy can't wait to hear what you are having.....................  seems to be a girl year so maybe it's a girl..............  when I was pregno with my girls, it seemed like it was boys years, everyone else was having boys and I had girls.  lol
hey, I am glad that the both of you are telling your stories and wanting other woman out there to understand what can happen. Both good and bad. Laura, thanks for putting that website up. I hope that every one that comes to this site goes and checks out the NOVASURE site aswell. It will tell you everything you need to know. Good luck.
I also appreciate all the info posted here and I wish everyone well on their journey's. But I would like to share some of my story so that people understand that for some of us the decision's that have led us here have not always been made by us completely.
My second child was born in 2002 and I nursed her for nine months, after stopping that I began to pull away from eveyone and life held no interest again. What I did not know was that I was suffering from depression and had been since the birth of my first child in 1999. So as time ticked away the worse I was feeling, finally went to the doc's after I freaked out on my husband about hot chocolate and that was the begining of 2003. I was diagnosed with depression and we began a search for medication, in 2004 I became pregnant with our third child and had to stop medication until near my delivery and resumed again. Well we all know that our hormones go crazy after birth and the meds we not working as well and my mom had convinced me that we did not need anymore children and to get my tubes done, so I did. Then shortly after that I ended up having severe cramping, heavy bleeding with clots, sick to my stomach, I was just unable to function which affected my depression. So the family doc said I should get a thermal balloon ablation done and that was done the begining of 2006. Since then I have found a wonderful shrink who has been helping me a great deal and now that my depression is almost totally under control I know that having those two operations done were the worst mistakes of my life. Also I have found out that a lot of my period issues came from post tubal ligation syndrome and if I had known that earlier I would have just had the reversal and never had the ablation. So now I am trying to find out if I can carry a baby. I have an hsg booked for the first week of Feb. and I have my fingers crossed that I have enough lining to carry a baby and then I will be booking my reversal after that and I hope to be able to post on here about a pregnancy so that I too can help other women. It is important to research as much as you can and make an informed decision about this but for me this is the right one. Also question the doctor as much as you can about your ablation I was told nothing about being on some kind of birth control or that the chance of pregnancy even excisted until I started looking online. So for all of you's pregnant I say thank you so much for being brave enough to continue your pregnancy and to be sharing your stories with us. I hope you's post all the way up to delivery and after so we can hear about recovery. Congrats and best of luck.
Steph
I am 27 years old. Last January, 2007 I had an ablation for heavy bleeding. Come to find out during th surgery, I have a very large uterus and the doctor wasn't able to complete the procedure. He basically took a layer off and was done. I started having normal periods 6 weeks after my ablation. Going into the ablation, I had a feeling I wasn't done having kids. Now, a year later, my husband and I really want a baby.  I had an ultrasound a few month back and my lining is "like that of a normal woman." So, with a lining of 10 mm thick and a large uterus, I am waiting to hear from my doctor if it is okay to proceed. With four pregnancies, and  four wonderful children, I do not feel like my family is complete. I had a placental abruption with my first at 13 weeks and made it to full term; and went into shock from the induction drugs with my third then hemmoraged after his birth, but thanks to modern medicine and drugs I was fine. My two others were uneventful.
   All the articles I have found say it isn't safe due to not enough lining after an ablation and the uterus being too small after. I have neither of these problems, and have had normal periods (5 to 7 days every 28 days) since my ablation. So, does anyone have any resources they can point me towards to read up on. I am waiting for a call back from my ob/gyn who delivered all four of my other children and performed my ablation, but he is on vacation until Feb. 5. I am getting antsy and want to know all I can before I make the decision.
I am 26 years old and have 2 great kids. ( 4 and 2 ) I had the ablation almost a year ago. I found out last week I am about 8 weeks along. This was not a planned pregnancy! We were using birth control. I believe this is God's blessing to us so aborting it is not an option. I am very worried about my personal health along with the baby. Does any one know of how many woman have had sucessfully delivered? Also does any one know about financial help if I do make it to the 2nd or even 3rd trimester? My insurance is not the best.
Jen
Hello Steph, I too suffered from medical issues at the time I decided to have the novasure done. I was having month long periods that were horrible. With the issues of having a heart attack in the past, I decided to go ahead with the novasure. Yes, my doctor told me that I would not be able to carry ever again. I had the procedure done Sept. 2006. I am still having periods although alot lighter than before, but they are still there and I have them for about 6 days long. I too am wanting a baby. I know people are concerned that we are all wanting them, but it is hard to help that feeling of wanting to carry and have a baby. I wish I would have never had the procedure done and when I hear people talk about it, I tell them to make sure it is what they really want. I am thinking about trying to conceive. I think I am going to call and set up an appointment with my doctor to see what she says. I hope everyone continues to post to keep us all informed! I have found a couple of other websites where people have carried to term with healthy babies so there is still hope!
hello, I just wanted to comment on your post...I think your pregnancy is really a miracle! After ablastion AND birth control and now you are pregnant!!!! This baby was meant to be I believe! You just need to keep doing research there are alot of success stories out there. I have found several. I am sure you will be considered a high risk, but there is so much they can do now in medicine that I believe you will be fine. Everything happens for a reason! I have found alot on ask.com. I search pregnancy after ablastion and there are alot of discussion forums just like these. You just have to really look around but I have found alot of success stories. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Please keep us posted!!! :) Good luck!
Well, the perinatologist didn't really shed any new light on my pregnancy.  She doesn't seem to think that my pain is at all related to my pregnancy.  I've read all of these posts, and understand that all of us feel pain, so where she gets that is beyond me.  She has one other post-ablation pregnancy patient and she says she's having a relatively normal pregnancy.  I'm so frustrated.  This past weekend, I cramped, spotted and now am passing some sort of fleshy chunks.  The last time I passed anything like that was right after the ablation and it was pieces of the lining sloughing off.  I'm scared, in pain and feeling so alone.  I'm terrified that something is going to happen to me and I'll end up leaving my children behind for their father (my ex-husband) to raise.  It doesn't seem like anyone around me understands my fears.  
I'm sitting here shocked and stunned...I had an ablation in Nov. 06.  I am in a new relationship after a divorce. I found out January the 8th by ultrasound that I was 8 1/2 wks along.  I got a depo shot Dec. 3rd not knowing I was already pregnant. I had started my period Dec. 2nd and it lasted 8 days.  I started feeling sick two weeks after the shot and just blamed it on the hormones in the shot.  I took a home pregnancy test in January that was positive and a blood test at the doctor confirmed it.  That day that doctor told me everything should be normal.  I was hesitate to believe that since my regular gyn told me that myself/baby would have extreme difficulties.  I came home and searched for hours on the internet for more information.  Everything I find doesn't present alot of hope for having a full term baby that won't have to struggle to be in this world or that I myself will be healthy.  I always wanted another child but was content with what God has given me with my 12 year old daughter.  I too am scared to death that something could go terribly wrong and I would leave her here without a mother.(and possibly another child should the baby make it.)  I can't imagine what it would be like to carry the baby to 20 some weeks just to loose it.  I met with my regular gyn last week and he suggested termination due to all the risk involved.  Never in my life, being brought up in a christian home, did I ever think I would have to make a decision like this.  What is the right decision?  It has been a highly emotional couple of weeks for me.  I hope everyone thinks about the choices you are making whether it be to get an ablasion or to become pregnant.  And think about the choices you never thought you would have to make.
I am glad to find this Forum. I just found out I am pregnant. This is a surprise for myself and my husband. Here is my story. I had two boys and then in 2000 we wanted to have another child. We got pregnant and then had a miscarriage. Soon after that miscarriage I got pregnant and had a wonderful healthy girl in 2001. In 2006 we decided we wanted one more child. We tried and loss 3 babies. I started to have heavy bleeding then I had a ablation in Aug. 06. Now we find out I am pregnant. I do have a High risk Dr. since I had 4 miscarriages. I have not set a appointment. I will do this tomorrow. My question is does anyone know the percentage of carring the baby to full term and the percentage of medical problems? I am  not sure if I am going to beable to carry the baby to full term. My husband is worried about lossing me and leaving him with a 15, 11 and 6 year old.

Thank you

Olivia

Thank you

Olivia

Thank you

Olivia
I had an ablasion last year, my consulant warned me of the risks of becoming pregnant, as I am lesbian and have a child, that didn't worry me much, until now. Just before Christmas, I was sexually assaulted by a male friend, now I have the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my daughter. I've never bled since having the ablation done so I can't tell by a missed period. I am against having an abortion if I am pregnant, but at the same time I don't want to put myself at risk, what if something happpened, who would take care of my daughter. I couldn't risk leaving her without a mother, I just don't know what to do...
Going to doctor tomorrow...
Hi everyone, just wanted to see how everything is going and how you were feeling.
hope everything is well and going well.

Steph
What did the doctors tell you your lining had to be at to safely carry a baby? My lining is at 10mm when checked in October. I really want a baby and all they can tell me over the phone is that I would have a higher risk of miscarriage. I have an appt on Feb 15th to actually sit and talk to the doctor, but am getting antsy sitting around wondering, as I am sure you are!
I was just wondering if and what your early symptoms were. I know that we all think that we can not get pregnant but looking back now do you think that you had similar pregnancy symptoms as to pregnancy symptoms before ablation? Also would just like to know how everyone is doing. Hope things are well with everyone though. Good luck, we are thinking of you's.

Steph
Hey everyone. I have not been on in a bit. How are all the pregnancies going? I hope good. I have a question and I am hoping that someone will be able to give me an answer. I had my ablation in 2004, I have not had a period since then. Lately I am finding that I am getting really bad cramping and bloating. I feel like I am going to get my period back. has anyone had the ablation and gone with no periods for awhile and then found that their periods returned,,,if so,,,how long after the ablation?
I also had an ablation a little over 2 years ago. I heard after 3 years you won't be able to tell that you had it done. But that also depends on the woman ? age? other factors.  yes my periods have returned after 2 years of of just hurting but no bleeding. i could tell every month when i should of been menstrating. I also underwent a tubal reversal around 3 months ago. So hopefully someday SOON .I will have good news.
Hang in there.:-)
hi, i was wondering how you are doing? you should have had your ultrasound by now and should be close to 17 weeks. please let us know how you are doing. it seems over the past everyone drops off this board around 20 weeks? that cannot be a good sign, no one has followed through with their pragnancy's no body?
I agree, everyone seems to disappear around 20 weeks. That really worries me.
Thanks for your reply. I can also tell now when I would be having a period. I am 35 now and had the ablation 4 years ago this month. I have slowly gotten back all of the monthly symptoms except for the bleeding. I have had no spotting,,,nothing. Everything I have read said that your lining can grow back after a couple of years...as much as I hated my periods, I just want to go back to normal. I really had wanted to get pregnant when I re-married but learned that it was a slim to none chance because of the ablation ( I was never told about being sterile if I had the surgery ) but now after reading so much info on pregnancy,,,I wouldn't try to get pregnant. I really wanted a baby but there really are no successful stories. It sucks that there are not alot of facts out there on ablations and the longterm effects because it is a fairly new procedure. Anyone on here that has gotten pregnant seems to disappear after time...hopefully they ended up okay.
yes, no one ended up doing well as you can see. if you read back over the last 5 yrs everyone has disappeared? i just hope they are all alive. there are no successful stories. please do not even try...it is very dangerous and it won't work out!
I posted back in Jan.  I had an ablation done in 2003 and found out I was pregnant in Sept. I have not posted in a while but I am still here.  I am 26 weeks pregnant and everything is normal so far.  I go to the specialist on Monday for another ultrasound.  I will know more about how the placenta is attached after that appt.  So far so good but I am still worried.  Keeping fingers crossed that everything continues to go well.
I wish you all of the best, I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. Try to be optimistic because I am sure it does not help you if you are stressing.
I was on a different website for a woman who was pregnant after an ablation. I wrote her an email and just got a response. She was able to carry full term (40 weeks) and had NO COMPLICATIONS. She was considered high risk just due to the ablation, but nothing ever went wrong. Her baby is now 7 months old and both are doing great. So, there are success stories out there. The moms just get busy with their kids and forget about the forum!
Just b/c some of you are wondering what happen with the pregnancy's I thought I would let you know what my decision was.  After alot of research, praying, talking with my doctor, family, and friends I decided it wouldn't be best to try to have the baby so I terminated the pregnancy.  It was a heart breaking decision, one I didn't want to make.  I prayed every day that I would have a miscarriage so I wouldn't have to make the decision.  I never believed in abortion and even today I still can't say the word out loud.  I always wanted another child but I was so afraid of what would happen should I decide to try and have this baby.  It's great to hear that some women have had healthy babies....but the biggest majority have had complications.  It was risk I couldn't take.  Some would say to trust in God that he would do what was in his will.  But sometimes God's will isn't always a happy outcome.  I wish I could have seen into the future to see what would happened with this pregnancy.  I made my decision and I can't look back and second guess it.  Best of luck to everyone and I hope everyone's pregnancy's turn out well.  Please, if you are pregnant, please let everyone here know how it turns out.  Good or bad.  It will help other women make the decisions they need to make.  If there are more successful pregnancy women know about it may help them to decide to keep the baby.  I know if I had seen more success stories I may have chanced it but with only a couple good outcomes reported here (and the one baby had a long road just to make it) I just couldn't justify the possibility of leaving my child I have now w/o a mother.  Good luck everyone.  
hi.. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to write back. my update. I have had 2 ultrasounds since I last wrote and have been to the Dr. a few times. I found out I am having a little girl to add to my clan. I have had some pain... gained abour 15 pounds.. maybe a pound or 2 more. I usually gain about 45 pounds..( since I am small and tall) So only gaining 15 pounds isn't great but okay. I still have 4 months to rack on the weight. I can feel her moving around all the time and she is very healthy. I am a little further along according to her measurments. She should be about 10 ounces and she is 12.  Everything looks very good, but I did find out I have Placenta Previa. The placenta  is attached to my cervix and I have to be watched  very closely for any tearing or the placents not nurishing the baby anymore. I have to go see my Periantoligest every month for an ultrasound. If I have any bleeding I have to call my Dr. right away.... there is a good chance I am going to have more problems. So, no sex for me for 9 weeks at least. If the placenta previa isn't gone in about 3 months then I will have to have the baby early. I had placenta previa with my first daughter and everything turned out fine... but these are diffrent circunstances! All I can do is hope for the best! How are you all doing??
I have to admit... it was sad reading your post. It's  hard NOT knowing what's going to happen with our pregnancies after having surgery. My heart is with you and I hope that you can heal physicaly and mentally! You did what you thought best and no one should make you fell bad about that. Your saving the family you have... and I believe some day you'll be able to reunite with this sweet baby. Thank you for updating all of us. Please let us know how you are feeling, we are here to support you in your time of need.
I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant after an ablation in 06. I know that there are good outcomes and bad outcomes..but there is no way I will terminate this pregnancy. I feel as if this is my gift from God. I had my other children at 15 and 17 I am now 30 and hadn't planned on this happening since I was suppose to be sterile. but it has so I will keep everyone posted.
hi, i am so glad to hear from you as i pray for all the women who are in your position! how many weeks are you now? also, did the women here who are pregnant have the nova sure method of ablation? i was wondering because i think that one is the most effective and the others may leave more linning so pregnancy's have a better chance because of that? just a theory...please keep us all posted because we are looking for happy and healthy endings!!!
Hey, I was wondering how you are doing? write back and let me know. I'm not sure how far along I am anymore. LOL  the Dr.s keep changing it. I'm either 21 or 22 weeks I think.
Hi, I am six weeks pregnant after having an ablation in July of 2006.  I continued to have periods after the ablation just not as heavy or as long.  I am forty one and this is my first pregnancy.  I see a high risk ob on Tuesday.  This forum has been very helpful.  I pray to god everything is going well for all of us!  I'll remain posting everyweek so everyone can see my progress.  I feel fine, just  very tired and starting to have morning sickness.  It's amazing to me a few weeks ago I was running 7miles everyday.  I walked four miles yesterday and felt like I had just ran a marathon.  
As far as I know I did have the Novasure.
I had the balloon ablation in 2003 and have justfound out that i am approx 6 weeks pregnant. Unplanned completely and had been careful as was warned of the risks prior to the op. Thing is, i lost a adughter shortly before the ablation, and althoough i hadn't given thought to havingmore due to having the ablation, i can't help but think perhaps this was meant to be? I still had periods after the op, still quite heavy but not as lengthy. Lasting perhaps 5-6 days rather than ten plus! From reading the above posts, that would seem to go inmy favour, as it was obviously not completely successful, but i take on board the other associated risks and scar tissue etc. I have not yet told my partner. I have two boys already and he has no children of his own. Early in the relationship, he expressed an interest in having his own children in the future, and i made him aware of the situation i was in. We haven't discussed it since as i didn't think pregnancy would ever be an issue. He had decided to stay with me knowing that i would not have more children, and now this! I feel i am being tested, i would dearly love to have a successful pregnancy and healthy child, but i do not want to take the risk of leaving my Sons without a Mother. Also, i am unsure of what to say to my partner. We all know how amazing that feeling is when we find out we are going to become a parent for the first time. I know he will feel like that too and that termination, although he would understand it, would break his heart. I feel so torn. Risk having a baby with the man i love who has no children, or risk completely breaking his heart by telling him i am carrying his child, but cannot continue the pregnancy. 6 weeks gone and i am already so stressed. Any advice ladies?? For those of you who are currently expecting, i sincerely hope that all goes well.
Hugs. XXXX
I previously posted on the 12th that I am pregnant after an ablation. Well, Yesterday I started spotting (brown) and called my ob/gyn. I went in for blood work and will have more done weds to make sure everything is still progressing. I am not cramping but I do have a dull backache and I am still spotting as of today. I have an ultrasound thurs and see the doc again on fri. I pray for all of us going through this, that we all have good outcomes. I will keep everyone posted.
My heart goes out to you. I really think that you have to have faith in your love for your partner and tell him what is going on. You will need strength and love to help you deal with any decision that is made. Remember that "yes" he will hurt too but you will be also hurting with him. You should both deal with this together. You were careful and this happened,,,you did not choose this. My husband has no children as well and I have 2, I can only imagine your stress right now but you both need to go through this time together. You will probably feel a little bit of stress go away when you do tell him. I am here for you if you need to talk. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Be strong hun....you are in my thoughts!!!!
Hi Everyone,

I went to see my Dr. yesterday.  He did an ultrasound and everything looks good.  We were even able to see the heart beat, very amazing.  He was able to determine I was 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  We asked the Dr. about statistics on women having ablation and their outcome on being pregnant.  He said they didn’t have any such data at this time.  However he said there have been many case studies.  I’m having a very hard time with nausea.  The Dr. is working on controlling it.  I return to the Dr. in one month.
Since my last post the end of Dec. everything has been going good so far. I am 20 weeks pregnant. I found out what the baby is at one of the US &  they also found a white calcium spot on the baby's heart which could mean a slightly higher risk of DS. After the Alpha Fetal Protien blood test the risk went down to less that have a percent so no worry there. I have gained more than when I was pregnant with my other 4 children, slightly more than 20 pounds. My other children were just over 6 pounds & my yougest weighed 7+. Each was born 2 and 3 weeks early. I am due July 10 & I expect I will give birth in June.
Last week after being under more stress than usual I went to the Drs. office after 12 hours of feeling tightening of my uterus. The NP said everything checked out. It was most likely stress induced & that I was experiencing normal pregnancy hormones. The US mesured my cervix at a normal 4.34 cm. I feel quite a bit of movement & have been since Dec. It is getting stronger so all in all this PG has been very healthy. I will continue to update my progress.  
Thanks for your comments.  I am feeling well physically. I am scheduled to get my tubes tied next week...so hopefully NO MORE SURPRISES...my gyn has assured me as well that I made the right choice.  It makes me feel a little better knowing that. If it happens again, I think someone is trying to tell me something. LOL.    Mentally, I have my days, it seems like pregnant people are popping up every where now.  I have a couple of friends who just found out they are pregnant and it hurts a little when I see how excited they are.  And I've come across a couple of women who are pregnant and they are due the same time I would have been due.  I'm sure when August rolls around...it'll be a little tough. Just a few people know of the situation I was in so I don't talk about it a whole lot.  There's still alot of mental healing to do, for myself and my boyfriend.  It is hard for him as well, especially when he knows how bad I always wanted another child.  He was more afraid of losing me, especially after finally finding me.  He's had dreams about babies...so if anyone thinks the men aren't as affected... they are... but he has been my biggest rock through all of this.  And yes, I hope that one day I will know that baby.  I still haven't decided what to do with the ultrasound pictures.  Some times it's painful to look at them and I think about burying them, or something and saying good bye.  Then apart of me is afraid to let them go and I want to hold onto them forever.
Did I read right on one of your earlier postings?  You had your tubes tied and an ablation and still became pregnant?  Jeez......maybe I'll still take birth control.  LOL.  How many weeks are you now?  How are you doing with the  Placenta Previa?  Are you on bed rest?  I hope all is well.
I am glad you are healing fine. Even though you are no longer carying your baby your body might still go through some changes like you are. So, still be careful for a while. Don't go running to the gym to take some stress off and hurt yourself. It's still going to be a while. Your body is at a fragile state. It's always going to be hard to look back at what happned! To wonder.. WHAT IF? I think you should keep your ultrasound pictures. They are all you have! You don't need to look at them all the time, but this is part of your life. Maybe it's going to be to difficult to keep them. You WILL always have the thoughts and memories in your mind. But I would keep them. It is so good to hear you have a strong suport ( your man) and that he is also sensetive about the situation. I wish you all the best! Please keep me posted on how you are doing.
You are correct. I did have my tubes tied and my uterus coterized and still became pregnant. You should take birthcontrol even after you have the ablation done! I am a very rare case. Honestly, I haven't found ANYONE  who has this crazy % rate as I do. There is a 2% chance for woman to still get pregnant after getting their tubes tied.. and an even lower %, I think it was 0.07% with the ablation. You really need to do some searching on your own about what to do and what you believe would be right for you. The Dr.s have told me I should have my uterus taken out after my pregnancy because it is likely I will get pregnant again. I'm not sure what to do. My husband is getting snipped though. wahooo. I wish he would have done it in the first place and saved me a lot of pain. I have a few months to figure out what I am going to do still. I'm about 22 or 23 weeks. I go back to the periantoligest in a few weeks to check on my placenta previa. Sometimes I feel like I am ripping inside. I hurt... but I haven't had any bleeding. So, that is very very good. I just hope I can make it through all this!
I am not on bed rest.

I had the Novasure procedure in March 2005, and I haven't had a period since, well I spotted for two days once. Well I'm now married, and wish to have another child, and I'm scheduled for a D & C and a hysteroscopy this week. My doctor seems to think that with hormone treatment if he can restore my periods, I should be able to have a healthy pregnancy. Does anyone have any advice?
Hello All,

I had a endometrial ablation in March 2005, and now I am married, and wish to have another child. My doctor just recently had to open back up my uterus where it had collapsed from not having a cycle for 3 years. He seems to think with hormone treatment I have a 50/50 chance of regrowing back my endometrium and having a pregnancy. Has anyone one else had this experience?
I have read many of the posts on here. I'm still terrified. I had my tubes tied nearly four years ago and had the novasure procedure done a year ago. I thought pregnancy was impossible.
I have had extremely regular periods since my E.A. I have two days of spotting, two or three days of regular to heavy flow and two more days of spotting. Every twenty eight to thirty days like clock work since I had my procedure. Except for last month. I was two days early and all I had was a really watery slightly blood tinged discharge for two days. I took a pregnancy test then but it was negative. I decided to wait and see what happened this cycle. It's been 32 days and still no sign of a period. I'm going to test again tomorrow I think. What do you guys think? Am I over reacting? I have three great kids and am married to their father, but neither of us is really prepared for this.
I don't think your over reacting. It happned to me. Just keep in mind that if you are pregnant you will be very high risk and could have a lot more pain then your other pregnancies. I wish you the best and let me know how it goes!!
I know that it's been forever since I was on here...but I thought it was time for an update. : )  

I'm now 21 weeks along, everything looks great (so FAR), and it's a girl! : )  We're seriously happy.  With all of the positive that I'm hearing from the doctors, I don't want to be...careless...but I can't help just being elated that all is well. : )
Hi everyone
i havent posted for sometime but thought i would catch up, i had a ablation and tubes tied a few years ago. i am due to get married in 6 weeks time and we are both wanting a child which i never thought would happen, but the good news is i had a reversal done yesterday and dr said all is looking well and can start trying in about a months time, so ladies for all those who are wanting more children after ablation there is hope dont give up, just ask and you will receive.......good luck to you all xxx
I thought I would give everyone an update on my pregnancy since I haven't posted since I seen the doctor. The truth is...I miscarried. The doctor says it was a chemical pregnancy. Fertilization occured but wasn't able to implant or It did implant but I don't have enough endometrium to support the baby past the 5th week. I now know how difficult this can be. What a rollercoaster ride to be so happy to hear I was pregnant and miscarry all in week.
Good luck to all you ,I only wish you the best.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of your pregnancys.
Keep us all posted ...
Well, I got my tubes tied last Wednesday.  THAT WAS A TRIP.  They did a urine test to see if I was pregnant before doing the procedure.......and it came back positive!!  My sister said my face went red then drained to white.  I thought OMG there is no way....and man, the boyfriend of mine have some really good sperm.  They then drew blood for a confirmation and said if it was positive the doctor would come and see me.  Guess who came through the door......yep, the doctor.  I think I almost threw up.  He said that the #'s were really low around 200 and he said that there was probably a piece of tissue left from the first D&C.  So the final blood results confirmed there wasn't a viable pregnancy....tubes are tied and they did another D&C.  Whew!  I told my doctor that if for some reason I became pregnant after all of this that I was going to take it as a sign that it was most definately meant to be.  I'm healing well........and I'll start back to playing volleyball next week.  Yes, I think I need to convince my boyfriend to get the vasectomy.
I had endometrial ablation Nov 5, 08. I had normal periods every since the surgery but was told I couldn't get pregnant. My periods are like clock work every 28 days and I was late in February I bought a pregnancy test which was positive. I went to the OB's office which comfirmed I was pregant with an ultra sound. All looks great and normal and I have anouther ultra sound at the hospital 3-10-08 I will keep posting to share the information.(which I have noticed there isn't alot of)
After all of that it would be a shock to get pregnant again. So they didn't get you totally cleaned out the first time the the D&c? I hear those can hurt pretty bad. I'm glad your healing well. Don't be surprised if you get sore after playing volley ball though. There are so many muscles that need to heal and you could really get hurt. Just be careful... o.k.

Thanks for keeping me posted! Best wishes!
My 28 year old daughter is approx. 32 weeks pregnant.  She had a uterine ablation between five and six years ago.  The doctor who performed the ablation told her she would likely have no more periods or ever conceive again.  Well, so much for his thinking.  She became a widow with two boys in October, 2006, but re-married in May, 2007 and found out she was pregnant in late August.  (This is her new husband's first chile.)  Everything appeared to be progressing normally, until she started having contractions a month ago.  Her doctor told her she could have up to four contractions an hour but no more.  She was hospitalized a week ago when she had nine in a 30 minutes.  The doctors tried the mag sulfate, brethine, and indocin to try and stop the contractions, to no avail.  She got to go home the 16th but is still having contractions.  She hasn't dilated at all but the doctor said her cervix has softened and is changing.  There is nothing more disheartening than watching your child go through all the pain knowing there is nothing you can do!  I have to give her credit.  She is handling the whole situation like a champ.
To all of you that conceived after endometrial ablation, did all of you have periods after your ablation?
Will my drama never end?  I went to the doctor for my post op.  He told me they did not find any tissue with the second D&C.  (the doctor thought that was odd)  They did find a cyst and some endometriosis which they removed.  They wanted me to take another pregnancy test (blood) to see if it was showing negative.  It was still positive!!  Although, when I had my tubal done it was around +250 and this last time it was +70.  I have to go back later this week and do another pregnancy test....he wants me to keep coming back every two weeks until it reads negative.  The doctor says this is very uncommon and he isn't quite sure what to think about it.  He said he hoped the #'s didn't start going back up as that may indicate a new pregnancy. My boyfriend and I both agree that if there should ever be another pregnancy that we would have the baby b/c it's obvious that someone very important wants to meet us.  Then he's getting a vasectomy.  
Viewing 1-200 comments: