Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation
I am looking for more info on pregnancy after an endometrial ablation.  I had an ablation in May 2002.  January 2003 I was not feeling well and went to the family doctor.  She thought it may be an ectopic pregnancy since I was told I was sterile.  I had an ultrasound to discover it was an interuterine pregnancy and I was about 9 weeks.  I am now 17 weeks and for the past month trying to decide to terminate or continue.  I am having a very hard time finding any info on any one with this happening to them and the risks to me or my unborn child.  I have seen several doctors and none of them have ever heard of this happening and 2 have suggested termination.  I have an appointment with a high risk specialist on Thursday (02/27/03).  Please tell me where I can find more info or who to contact.  Thanks.
No!!! I didn't have a single period for well over a year.  I wouldn't have had ANY idea that I was pregnant except for the fact that I couldn't stop VOMITING!!! : )

Thanks for your response
Just an update, I haven't been on in a while, I had a procedure on Feb 8th to reverse my tubes, however, while my ob was in there he looked at my uterus and ofcourse my likelihood of becoming pregnant after a reversal and decided it was not feasable. The doctor that did my tubal had placed 2 clips in different spots on each tube which didn't leave enough tube to repair and the lining of my uterus was pretty much scar tissue so we didn't do anytihng, my ob refunded me the money for the reversal and we've decided to move on, At least now we KNOW that there's not a chance in conceiving naturally. Just wanted to update everyone
As I said before it has been a little over 3 years since my ablation, and my uterus had collapsed because of the scar tissue. Well my OB reopened my uterus and removed all of the scar tissue and said my lining looks great now that all of the scar tissue is removed, and he said with hormone treatment it should continue to grow normally now. He has me on estradiol for a month, and then I'm supposed to take Provera for a week, and continue this treatment for 3 months. He said now he just has to get me to start having a monthly cycle, because if I don't my uterus could collapse again. He did say that my uterine lining was healthy enough to support a pregnancy, but without having a period it was unlikely I would get pregnant. He said the hormone treatment should work, because this is the treatment they give to women with irregular periods. Has anyone been on this treatment to help with conception or to restore periods?
so, Ive been on bedrest.. but I can't stay down. I got told I have to have the baby early and there is a high chance I'll have to have a bloode transfusion. I'm just a tad stressed out!
I'm thinking about you and pray that everything ends up being ok.  How soon do they think they'll take the baby......you are only 20 some weeks aren't you?  getting close to 30? I hope both you and baby will be ok.
I am about 27 weeks now. They want to check her lungs at 36 weeks. People keep asking me if I am going to get the shot for her lungs to develope faster... I think it's steroids. The Dr.s have said nothing about this to me. My husband says I shouldn't. I think letting her develope in her own time is best aswell.  She is growing good!

I have been pretty sick with a cold and it wont go away! I think I need to get back to the Dr.I had a shot of penacelin 5 days ago and it hasn't helped. I'm worried my immune systom is going down.

Thank you for your prayers, I need them. And it's nice to know I'm beeing thought of.
How are you doing?
Hi! : )

I'm pretty much neck and neck with you, as far as due dates go...i'm 25 weeks along now, and things have been pretty uneventful (as in...you know...the pregnancy being "normal").  How were things progressing for you when you had to go on bed rest?  How were things for you, period?  

I ask...because...I'm just worried that with everything going as well as it is, that one day I'll just wake up...and something horrendous will be going on...

It's good to be in contact with someone going though the same stuff... : )
---Oh, yeah!  I'm having a girl, too! : )
Oh, shoot.  I meant to ask YOU all of that! : )
LOL... It's alright. I read all the new posts, so no big deal.

I was put on bed rest at 8 weeks... and then about 25 weeks and then again a few weeks ago. I'm sick of it.  The Dr's say I have to stay on bed rest till I have my c-section in a few weeks. Unless my placenta previa goes away and then I can have a normal birth.

After my ablation I still had heavy 9 day long periods. I was always bleeding threw my pants...sometimes 5 times a day. I have never been able to wear tampons...always pads. It was aweful. I have to have my uterus out after I have the baby. There is a lot higher of a risk doing it at the same time I have the c-section because of all the extra blood flow, but... I don't want to waite and have another surgery. SO I'm thinking I am going to just get it all over with at the same time.

Congrats on the the baby girl! Your not far behind me. How is your pregnancy going? Are you feeling pretty good or are you having problems to? I feel good for the most part. I have noticed that I have a lot more contractions when I'm laying down... or it seems that way. Are you having  any contractions yet? I've had them since I was 20 weeks.

Keep in touch. It's good to hear how others are doing. Good Luck!

hello i had an endometrial ablation in '06 and am newly married, i have no tubes and one ovary, i was not informed about pregnancy after an ablation, is there anyone out there who can tell me if there is a possibility of in vitro to get pregnant after an ablation is done? thank you for all anyone can do to help with the info i need
Hello all, newbie here!  I'm 35 years old and had the Thermachoice ablation in November 2004.  I have 2 children from my previous marriage.  I remarried & my husband has 3 children.  

We are hoping to conceive a child of our own.  I've had regular periods beginning the month after the ablation...like clockwork.  The success stories on here are very encouraging!  However, we've been together for almost 3 years, using no protection, & no pregnancy yet.  Of course, he's military & we've been apart more than we've been together!  ;)))

Just curious as to who's had Thermachoice & your results.  I think it was Thermachoice....the doctor used the balloon instead of laser.

Oh, and I had a transvaginal ultrasound about 2 years ago.  Back then it was showing my lining measurements around 8.5mm.

Looking forward to the journey with you gals!  :o)
Need some advice.  Had ablation 2005.  Still had light periods for one day.  Now I am 16 days late but home pregnancy tests have been negative.  Could etopic or tubal pregnancies take longer to show positive results?  Are the pregnancy symptoms different with tubal or etopic?  Please help
Oh, forgot to mention - no problems just occasional lower back pain
I'm doing good.  I went to the doctor again on Monday, they ran another blood test.  That test came back positive...AGAIN.  3 wks ago it was 73, this week it was at 35.  The doctor is completely baffled by this.....he says that once the pregnancy ended that my #'s should have dropped off within 2-3 wks.....here it is almost 2.5 months later and my body still thinks I'm pregnant.  I have to go back for another blood test in 3 weeks....the dr. will not be happy until it says "0" or a negative number.  The upside to this is that I haven't had a period....just some spotting for a couple of days after the two D&C's.  I will be glad once I can put all of this behind me.  Sometimes I get sad thinking that I would be half way through a pregnancy right now.  It just seems there are alot of people pregnant right now who are due around the same time that I would have been due......and it saddens me a little to hear about their pregnancies.  However, at the same time I think about how blessed they are not to be stressing out over healthy babies and healthy pregnancies.  
Continued luck to you and all the other mommies in this situation.
I had the thermachoice done 2 years ago.  I had irregular periods afterwards.  I wasn't trying to become pregnant.....it just happened after about a month of no protection b/c I didn't think I could become pregnant.  So it can happen. I'm sure you've read all the risk and difficulties that may be in your future....
well, guess what.. I went into pre-term labor over the weekend. SCARY! I am doing o.k. now but still hurt. I had to get a shot to help stop contractions. While I was at the hospital they also gave me to steroids shots to help the babies lungs develope incase she did come early. I might have been dehidrated, but I am sick and I have had a bladder infection for a while and that's what put me into labor. So I'm not going to be on here for a while. I have 8 weeks to go till my c-section and I hope this little wiggle bug inside me can waite that long or I'm sure we'll have other problems along the way.

All you woman out there who are trying to get pregnant after have an ablation......... PLEASE re think it. You have no idea how much you will be putting yours and your babies life at risk. Babies are a wonderful gift, but so is your life.

has anyone heard of taking estradiol and provera to restore periods after ablation? If so, any success stories?
Hi Christel,

Prayers going out to you & the little one!  I must ask, is the pre-term labor directly related to your previous ablation?  

I am well aware of the risks & am putting it all in God's hands.  If it is meant to be, it will happen.  At this point, if I got pregnant it would be a true miracle!  Apparently, my ablation four years ago didn't cause the extreme damage so prevalent in many cases.  So, I guess we'll see what Mother Nature has in store for me 'n' hubby!  :)

Best of luck and God bless!!
The preterm labor is a reaction to having a bladder infection. When I had my surgery I think the Dr. might have nicked my bladder and damaged it somehow. I have had problems with it since.

I do have to have the baby early because I have placents previa.. and possibly an acreda. It's life thretning for both of us. I'll have to get my uterus and cervix out at delivery. Then I'm going to have the Dr's check my tubes to see if they where ever tied in the first place. Take a look at my bladder and my bowels and make sure everything looks alright.

Baby is doing good. Growing well and getting strong. :O)
I went to the specialist yesterday. Everything looks good so far as the baby goes. She is 3 lbs 3oz. a very healthy weight. I have to go back in another month and her her lungs checked, if they are developed then I can plan on schedualing my c-section.( arounf the 29th of May) My placenta previa is still very bad, actully it hasn't moved at all and it covering the whole cervix. The Dr. told me to watch for any blood, now is about the time it could start. So far though no bleeding through my pregnancy. Hopefully it stays that way. if I bleed, I have to go right to the hospital. If I bleed a 2nd time I have to stay at the hospital untill I have the baby. Crazy!
I feel okay because I am mostly laying down. I am soooo tired though.I'm now 29 weeks.

How is everyone doing???
Its been a couple of months - so here is an update. 5 yrs after my ablation totally unexpected & miraculously I have successfully made it to 29 weeks, the placenta is in a good position, no dr. ordered bed rest & baby is quite active/healthy. I did experience some bleeding in the 1st trimester. Other than that I have experienced much more nausea than any of my previous 6 pregnancies (I have 4 children, 2 girls & 2 boys-this is baby #5 & daddy has a boy & girl=7 children). No wonder I am going a little crazy with especially high hormone levels. That & the sickness drs say is a good indication of a healthy pregnancy. I have gained 35#s so I feel very uncomfortable & heavy even laying down. I have put my self on partial bed rest the 1st & now the final trimester. I feel so miserable half the time I want to give birth already, but that is not good for the baby. I delivered early with all my children so I believe I have about 6 weeks to go. We will see----
The clinic that has seen my through this pregnancy from my understanding-the NP said after the 1st trimester this pregnancy was no longer high risk even with the rarity of pg after endometrial ablation. We are in birthing classes since all my children were born in MN, its been over 9 years & now we are in FL. The nurse instructor has said my case is a first for her.
I feel for everyone posting here & just wanted to offer a little hope that miracles do happen.
I am very happy to hear that both of you are having successful pregnancies!  Christel, hang in there...one more month!  Think positively and just take it as easy as possible!  
Jane...wow...you are going to be the busiest mommy ever with all those children!  LOL  Not much longer for you, either!

It is very encouraging to see you two on this board.  It gives hope to those of us who are wishing to conceive after ablation.  As for me, it will most likely be next year before anything happens.  My husband is currently stationed 12 hours away from me.  He's coming in for about 9 days next week and then is off to Afghanistan for 6 months.  We've managed to squeeze in an appointment with a fertility doctor before he leaves, but I'm sure everything will be on hold until November.  

That makes me a bit anxious....I turned 35 in February.  Anxious because of my age & also for starting completely over!  My son turns 11 in July & my daughter will be 8 in October.  So, if everything works out perfectly (!) I'll be prego at 36.  Well, if it's meant to be.....  :)

Have a great week, ladies!
Well, I went to see the doctor this morning...We're at 28 weeks on the dot, and she's doing FABULOUS.  They said that she weighs 2 pounds and 5 ounces right now, and oh, my GOODNESS, she's such a spitfire.  

So...yeah.  All's going well on her end...but...

The placenta's growing too far into my uterus, just like we feared, but it's not horrible YET.  They're just going to keep a really close eye on me to see what course of action we'll need to take...

My name is Rebekah, I live in Washington State with my wonderful husband of 1 year. I will be 40 next Friday. I had an EA in 1996. I was so shocked three weeks ago when I took the first home pregnancy test of my life and got a positive result. I thought I was going to faint and my head spun with happiness. Confirmation two days later at my family doctor’s office we allowed ourselves to get excited. That same week we met our OBGYN, Dr. D, and she was worried but confident and we felt safe. She has had three patients successfully take home a baby after EA.

We looked up everything we could on diets, vitamins, stages of pregnancy, we even started talking about names. (first name Tax and middle Deduction). Then shock of all shocks our first ultrasound shows twins. Since then we have anxiously awaited this week’s appointment to learn more and understand what’s next. Boy did we ever. Dr. D used the last week since the last ultrasound to research and understand the risks and that is what she shared with us yesterday.

As she acknowledge when we first meet her, she has handle three cases  of pregnancy after EA but not twins. That adds a new level of complexity on top of EA, my age and I have a heart defect (VSD). Due to the risks she is ensuring we have all the support we need. First she is setting us up to meet doctors at the U.W. Hospital to see if we should work directly with the high risk team rather than with her. She is also sending us to a maternal family counselor to discuss the risks in detail and understand our “feelings” and “thoughts”. Lastly she is setting up weekly ultrasounds to monitor the next few critical weeks of growth. With twins everything is a little slower and smaller.

The two positive things that came from the visit is that the twins are on either side of the uterus and that is the best possible position. A polyp found during the ultra sound is a non-issue, in fact Dr. D said it will go away on its own. The other positive possibility is that I will have little to no issues at all, they just don’t know. Still, with the complications going into the pregnancy they have to consider worst case scenario.

Short of the long my doctor keeps saying there is not enough information to understand all the consequences. I would love to find a means to have our doctors all connect and share the medical findings. Does anyone know how to go about doing that? I am thrilled to see successes here, to learn of the complications for my own awareness and to find people who are sharing the life path I am. I welcome any responses.
I have some questions for you ladies.....First off I am a 33 year old married mom of a 5 yr old boy and a 7 yr old girl.  I had my ablation and tubal ligation in December 2006.  Since then I have felt great!  Haven't even had 1 period.....for a year and a half it is like a dream come true :)  Anyway here is my question~ For the past 2 weeks I have been having extreme headaches, some being ocular migraines, and bad cramping.  The kind that makes you walk like something is stuck in your you know what!  For the past 2 days I have had a small gel like discharge when I wipe, not everytime but enough I think it is weird.  Today I am very dizzy, very crampy, and still have a very bad headache.  This is all bad enough that I have taken together 150 mg of Tylenol and 800 mg of Ibuprofen to just make it managable.  Not gone, just managable.  I called my OB/GYN today and can't get in to see him till May 12th.  He is a very good and very busy man!  Do any of you ladies have any idea what could be going on???  I kind of feel like I could be PG but the odds of that has to be so slim being that I had a tubal and ablation together and no periods!  But is it possible?    Any ideas will be appreciated since all I can do is sit and wait to see my DR.......
well my dear...never say never! I had both surgeries aswell and I'm 30 weeks pregnant! My advice, take a home pregnancy test!

good luck
I wish you all the best!  And for those of you with not so happy endings, there is a reason for all things.  

I will keep you all in my prayers.

~M
I'm glad to hear your baby is doing good. Are you on bed rest? It sounds like you have an akreda. Good luck!
No bed rest-not yet.  They're watching me more closely now, though.  I wonder how much worse the accreda will get.  I hate having NOOOO idea how things will go...I really wish I could have a natural birth, but I worry that I won't be able to...

When are you going in to have your little one?  How have you been feeling?  Bed rest?  Omigod, I would go SOOO crazy if I had to be on bedrest...

: )
I am 36 years old and just went through a storm of not knowing in my life. I had a tubal ligation done in 1995 and I had an ablation done in 2000. I found out that I was pregnant at 4 1/2 weeks; however, it turned out for me that my pregnancy was ectopic and I miscarried with no complication of my tube bursting. They followed my hcg levels until they reach 0 which states that the termination of the pregnancy was completed. I will be meeting with the specialist Monday to decide what I want to do about birth control. she feels that I will not be able to carry a baby, but I don't want her to make a diagnosis until she goes in and clean my tube and check the thickness of the uterus lining. I was told that I can take estrogen and progesterone to thicken the lining of my uterus and I would like to try everything possible before I make a decision. I already have four children who are between the ages of 13-19, but I'm in the zone where I made a bad decision 13 years ago and I may have a chance to change that decision now.  I think that you are double blessed and I hope the best for you and your babies.
I apologize for the misprint above; however, I am responding as a person who is going through the trials of not knowing what to do. I wanted to respond to your situation and to the situation that Blisful is going through. Thank you all for sharing your stories I hope that they help with any decisions that I may make.
I can not believe your not on bed rest!!! It's been hard for me to be down. Actually... I have been getting out of bed quite a bit because I have been feeling good and have a lot to do around the house. I'm still not doing as much as I would if I weren't pregnant, but still. I AM going CRAZY!!  hahaha

I'm going in to have the babies lungs checked on the 12th. If they are developed then I'll have her on the 29th of May.  If not then I have to go back every week to get checked. I am NOT looking forward to having a huge needle inserted into my tummy! scary! I think the baby is doing good though. She is getting a little chunck, it's pretty cool. She is a little bigger then normal so I think she will be fine and I wont have to bring home a 5 pounder.

I was told you can't be diagnosed with an accreda untill the delivery. That's why it's safer to have the c-section. I had great deliveries with my other kids and I really don't want a c-section. I know it is the best thing to do though. I don't want to take any chances. Has your Dr. said anything to you about having your uterus taken out after you have the baby?
I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Thank you for sharing your experience because it does help those of us trying to learn as much as possible. May I ask what week you miscarried? I just got off of the phone with my doctor who was reviewing the ultrasound I had yesterday. She is concerned I am miscarrying as there are two sacks, and two yolks but not an embryo or heart beat. She gave me all the warnings for miscarrying as she knows I was sneaking away for a couple days for my birthday. Now I am just sad and want to stay home. I know I need to keep my chin up as we don't know everything and it is only 9 weeks but it is hard. I want this more than anything.

Blessing and peace of heart to all of you brave woman.
I was in my 9th week when it had my last hcg test. Doctor called to tell me that it was over. I have never been through a miscarriage before, but I was told that I would go through a great deal of pain and I didn't.  The doctor told me that the baby dissolved back into my body. I am so confused about how things turned out. I asked the doctor if I could take estrogen and progesterone to thicken the lining of my uterus; however, she thought I should get on some kind of birth control because my uterine lining may be scarred and would prevent me from getting pregnant again. I really want to have another baby before I get to much older. If at all possible I will know more after the doctor goes in to find out how my tubes came untie and where exactly they came untie. Until I know that I am getting the depo shot for a temporary birth control fix.
how did the doctors appointment go yesterday?
how are things going with you?

Thought I would give another update.  I had an appointment with UC Davis yesterday.  The Radiologist actually did the ultra sound.  Everything is still going well.  We found out we are having a girl.  My husband and I are very very thirlled!  She said the baby is growing well and my placenta has moved away from my cervix.  She did say there was a ban of scar tissue (synechiae) on the far right side of my uterus.  So far the baby is not near it.  They will check again in the next month to see how it looks.  She indicated if the baby gets into the synechiae that most likely I will not be able to have a vaginal birth.  Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.
I went to the Dr. yesterday and they decided to waite a few more weeks to check the babies lungs. She is doing well, growing good. She is 5 lbs so far and I can feel her getting more chunk. It's cool. I'll go back to the Dr. in 3 weeks. If her lungs look good then I'll have my c-sectiom the next day. If they aren't ready then the Dr's will waite another week and then do the c-section weather she is ready or not because they don't want me going into labor on my own. Still no bleeding.... lucky me. I feel pretty good, but am way tired. My pelvic bone hurts quite a bit from pressure( but I also have arthritis in it)  Everything is pretty good.
I'm glad that everything is going good for you and your baby. You both are in my prayers.
I am sorry to hear that your recent news was not exceptable; however, keep your chin up because you may still hear your babies' hearts beating from the next ultrasound. Keep prayed up and have a blessed birthday.
Many events hav transpired in a month since my last post. I remember telling the drs on April 14 how miserable I felt, that I was tired most of the time, I could hardly sleep at night, it hurt to turn over in bed, I felt so belly heavy & some days all I could do it transport my youngest 2 & from school, the rest of the day I spent mostly in bed. I was teary eyed expressing that I knew I was not going 2 make even 10 more wks (I was 27 wks along). I asked if we could do an US. The previous US had been 3 mo. earlier. She just dismissed my concerns, said, ‘u gained 40#s that’s 2 much weight, ur abdomen muscles are out of shape even though ur thin u need 2 work out, its 2 late now’ & told me they’d do an US next month.
A wk later while in bed I did a post on here (April 21) & right after that we timed my contractions were every 4 minutes. Called the Dr, he told me 2 go 2 So. Miami Hosp. We arrived at 7pm, we were monitored up showing contractions ever 2 minutes, we were given IV fluids & injected with Tributaline 3X 2 stop the contractions (1 shot about every hr. 4 3 hours). The Dr ordered an US & the tec found I had 28 cm of amniotic fluid. This was an excess amount over the normal limit, a condition called polyhydromnios. No wonder I felt so terrible I was carrying around 2 liters of fluid rather than a more normal amount of 1 liter at 28 wks! This US baby was head down. My contractions stopped & we were discharged about 10pm. I went straight to the clinic the next day. I saw the Dr who had been on call the night before & expressed my disappointment with the main clinic Dr. He reassured me. He also said that ideally my water should break in a controlled environment due to the risk of prolapse so I should be sure to call with any questions or concerns. I asked 4 the gestational diabetes test that they should’ve already done. He said between 24-28 weeks was ok. I had 1 day left b-4 my 29th wk. The 1 hr test came back + so I repeated the 3 hr fasting test the next day & the results were normal. I read on the internet about excess fluid & diabetes. I continued to put myself on partial bed rest due to increased complications of preterm labor due to the polyhydromnious.

Then April, 26, Sat morning I awoke 2 quite a wet feeling between my legs & immediately knew my water had broke. When I got up I saw a puddle, we called the clinic & went straight 2 the hospital. I was contracting so they hooked us up 2 IV fluids with antibiotics, got an injection of Tributaline & Celestone, the steroid 2 mature baby’s lungs with monitoring of baby heart beat & my contractions. I had another US to measure the fluid lost & assess baby. My fluid level had dropped to 14 cm & other than the baby’s breech presentation he was fine. I was admitted & confined to complete bed rest & could only drink water in case a cesarean was immanently needed. We also were given 2 days of magnesium sulfate through the IV & the contractions finally subsided at 2am, Sun. We rec. another dose of the steroid for the baby’s lungs that takes 24 hrs to take affect & I was put on a regular diet by lunch on Sun. We continued IV fluids until May 2nd when they put in a hep lock where they hooked us up 2 IV fluids 1 more night. I was given bathroom/shower privileges. I have had several USs & hav made it 2 32 wks. The plan is to hold off until 35 wks if possible. Drs are keeping me in the hospital until the baby is born because my membranes are ruptured & I am leaking fluid. We make more so the levels measured normal thru US are between 12 & 15 cm. If I go into labor before hand & IV fluids do not stop my contractions they will let me deliver if the baby is head down otherwise if still breech they will do a cesarean. The drs are impressed we hav held on this long----
Aching & patiently waiting!!!!
P.S. 2 c US pics etc. go 2 my url @ myspace.com/littledebbys
Hey, I checked out your MySpace....really cool!  So awesome that the baby is doing well!!  

BTW----I was a Miami girl at one point, too!  In fact, that's where my oldest son was born.  :)

My profile is set to private, but you can friend request me if you'd like:  ODU Mami is my screen name.

Prayers and well wishes to you for the remainder of this pregnancy!!  
My doctor confirmed last week with an additional ultrasound that the fetal rods and the heartbeat for both sacks were gone. Life did not sustain for my pregnancy. I was devastated but not shocked. My husband and I were so sad. Even though we had been careful to not get to excited knowing all the risks, we did. We fell in love with those two little sacks the moment we were aware of them.

My doctor gave me a week to see if my body would miscarry on its own but all experienced was lots of cramping in my abdomen and back and very little spotting. I had a follow up appointment on Tuesday and confirmed that my body was not taking care of things and that opened of the risk of infection. I was scheduled for and yesterday had a D&C. Due to the concern of infection and my history of endocardities (sp? a bacteria infection in the heart) we went through with the procedure. It only took 20 minutes and did not require a hysterectomy which was one of my risks. I was very groggy yesterday and did not experience pain at all. The hospital staff at UW Hospital was amazing. Very sympathetic and kind. On top of that my doctor is also a surgeon and performed the procedure which was very reassuring. She was also very positive about my full recovery and potential for trying again. (as a reminder she has had three successful cases of patients going home with babies after EA).

Today I actually feel pretty good physically. Mentally I am still sad but appreciative to have my health. I am not taking the hard meds but using ibuprophine and it is doing the trick for me and keeping me from being uncomfortable. I am just lying low this weekend and expecting to go back to work Monday.

Blessing to all of you. You have offered me much hope.
I was reading all of this and i was so amazed that it is possible (high risk) but possible to get pregnant and have a healthy baby after having an endometrial cryoablation. I had mine done about  6 months ago, i have had normal periods till today only a week and a 1/2 or so after having a normal period, i am now spotting very little and crampy. This is not normal for me. For me this is a sign of many things but pregnancy is one and that scares me. In the past i have had one tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy. On top of it all i have PCOS and endometriosis. So i want you all to know how amazing i think it is that after all some of you have been through it is still possible.  Thanks Michele
How are things going?  Please keep us informed.  

I am 6 1/2 wks pregnant after an ablation 5 months ago.  Dr. said I couldn't get pregnant so I was very surprised.  I have three teenage children so was not planning on this but I am thrilled to have the chance again to have a baby but also so very scared because of everything I have read about getting pregnant after having an ablation so please keep us informed on how you are doing and baby doing.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  People don't understand that loosing a baby not only attacks us physically but emotionally. You will still follow your pregnancy through even though it no longer exist. My cousin just found out that she is having a boy and I cried because it hurts to hear her talk about her baby and she was one month ahead of me in pregnancy. When that due date arrives I know that I am going to break down. My baby would had been born November this year. I say to you it will not be easy but God has a plan and we all need to look ahead to what He has in store for us. Be blessed.
Just an update....I went to my Infertility Specialist today.  She is amazing & I feel blessed to have found her!  

She did a vaginal ultrasound, but didn't see a whole lot of lining.  I was surprised, because when I had one 1 1/2 years after the ablation it was measuring 8.5mm.  This time it was only at 4.7mm.  I'm about 5 days away from the beginning of my cycle.  I go back for another ultrasound at that time.  

She's going to do lots of testing during the summer.  Then, when my hubby gets back from Afghanistan in November, we will aggressively start trying to get pregnant.  

I will keep everyone posted along the way.  My doctor has never had an endometrial ablation patient who tried to get pregnant afterwards.  I am a bit of a "guinea pig" for her, so she's just as excited as we are!  LOL

Have a great Memorial weekend everyone!
I don't think it's a good idea and I can not believe your Doctor is advising you to try.  It is very very dangerous.  Sounds like your Doctor needs to do more researching and if she did she wound see how dangerous it can be.  I wish you luck but warn you on the outcome.
I wish you the best of luck, keep us informed, please!
I had a miscarriage which makes me sad but I know it was probably for the best because it would have been very dangerous for myself and for my baby to have carried to term.  Please those woman who are trying to get pregnant after having an ablation please think through that and research it, it is very very dangerous.  Mine was not planned but once I found out about it I became excited of the thought of having another child but was very very scared as well.  I know I couldn't have had an abortion so I was going for it and just trusted in God then I had a miscarriage and I know it was for the best.
Back contractions hurt!!!  I go in to the Dr. on friday and then back to the specialist on monday to do the amnio.  I don't know if I'm ready for all this!
no body told me about not being able to have a baby after ablation... i so want a baby.. my partner is desperate. i dont know what to do!!! i still have periods..  do i have a hope?
i had an ablation 2 years ago and on depo, i thought i was done having kids. currently i am 33 weeks with few complications. so far i can't find many serious risks to me. i am seeing that i may need a blood transfusion and that there may be a risk of hysterectomy, but what i am seeing is risk of miscarriage and preterm labor. the neonatologist, perinatologist, my OB/GYN none of them have seen the risk to the mother being much higher than any other pregnancy. so they are prepared for what could come up, I'm not quite on bed rest, just limited activity.
Well, I had the amnio and she isn't quite ready. So, we are thinking I'll have her the begining of next week.  So far she is 6 lbs 4 oz. Pretty good weight for her being early. No more worries of a 4 pounder.
Hi, Im really glad to hear things have worked out well for you for the most part and you are at the end of this journey and will soon be holding your baby girl. I admire your bravery. I had the Novasure procedure done in April of 07 and I found out last fri. im pregnant. My immediate feelings were being scared to death and disapointed with myself that i let this happen. Im 36, ive had 5 healthy kids and 5 eneventful pregnancies. I was definitely done having kids, my youngest just turned 5. I called my ob first thing mon. morning and he said terminate it, didnt ask to see me,said i had less than a 5 percent chance of everthing being ok and referred me to an abortion clinic. I guess i wasnt surprised, I already knew there was a really good chance of that. I called and made an appt. to have the abortion on the 11th because i wasnt quite 5 weeks when i called and i need to be at least 6.
Im divorced and have been in a pretty serious relationship with a wonderful man for just about a year. he doesnt have any children of his own and didnt want any.(loves mine to death though) After finding out i was pregnant and the initial shock wore off hes figured out this has brought out feelings in him he didnt know he had. Not to mention he is strongly against abortion. He does understand though that if it puts my life at risk its our only option. I think the hardest part for a woman that cares anything about her babies is the waiting, knowing you have to terminate but living for a week, or more knowing there is a baby growing inside of you. I wanted to do it that day, before there was a heartbeat.
I decided to look up some high risk specialist on the internet and made a phone call. They said i should definitely get a second opinion and be seen before i do anything. They referred me to a high risk Dr that is a little closer to me. Im waiting for a phone call back to set up an appt. I know the chances are still really good ill have to terminate but if i didnt at least be seen by someone i would always have that in the back of my mind.
Ive read stories that turned out good but ive also read the opposite and without someone telling me i have a really good chance of everything being ok i wont take the risk.
Thanks for sharing your story, there isnt a lot out there. Good luck to you and your baby and keep us posted.
My story is very similar to yours.  I was newly divorce and in a great relationship.  I didn't think I could get pregnant.  I found out in January that I was pregnant.  I spoke with two doctors and read everything I could find on the internet, which wasn't much.  I didn't ever think I could get an abortion but that is what was strongly suggested by both doctors.  It comes down to a personal decision and how much you think you can take.....and how much you want to risk.  And you are right, there are some not so happy endings but there are some happy ones too.  I decided to get the abortion......NOT AN EASY DECISION.  I always wanted another child as I only have one but I didn't want to put myself at risk and leave my daughter w/o a mother especially after going thru her parents divorce.  It still is hard for me.....and I try not to think about it much.  The times when it is the hardest is when you hear or see someone else who is pregnant especially the ones with due dates around the same time as mine.  I just found out a girl I work with is pregnant and I almost cried.  But I am still happy for her....just morning what I lost and angry that I had to make that decision.

BTW-Kristel: I'm glad you and the baby are doing well.  Sounds like you are going to be one of the happy endings.  If I had a way of knowing everything would go as well as yours has......I'd been right there with ya.  Good luck in the coming weeks. :-)
Thanks for replying. I have a consult scheduled monday with a high risk ob dr. Im still not very optomistic but maybe thats a good thing. Im trying to  be somewhat normal everyday so i dont go completely nuts but its really hard. I dont want to drag this out. If i have to terminate it i want to do it asap.
what did your dr say when you got pregnant and did they do ultrasounds and stuff?
I never wanted anymore kids but right now i wish i hadnt had the ablation. Pregnancy was always an easy thing for me(minus the leg cramps!)so its almost hard to know that im pregnant and think that this would be any different, but i know it would be.
Im scared of getting an abortion too, definitely something I would never do if it wasnt that id be putting my own life at risk. like you, i dont want to leave my kids without a mother and like i told my boyfriend, we can fix one mistake with another mistake.
Ill keep you posted.
Well, my doctor was shocked.  I have had so many issues the past few years that my doctor knows me in passing, by name, and what my problems are.  I actually went to the doctor on November 30th for a pap and ended up discussing birth control b/c I was in a new relationship after my divorce (my x had a vasectomy).  I wasn't aware that I could get pregnant.  We discussed the shot b/c I wouldn't have to remember to take it.....the plan was to eventually get my tubes tied.  I couldn't afford to do it at that time b/c I recently lost my job.  I know....a divorce and job lose within a couple months. Rough time.  So, I was told to come in when I started my next period, which was 2 days later.  I got the shot (NO, they didn't give me a pregnancy test).  1st mistake.  About 2 weeks after the shot I began to feel sick.....I thought it was the results of a night of WAY TOO MUCH drinking. LOL.  That lasted a week before I began to think something was going on....so I started asking others who had the shot and they all said they had been sick after the shot.  After another week passed of feeling sick I went and got a pregnancy test .........for ***** and giggles.  Yeah, I just about **** alright.  So then I told myself it was too soon after my period to have a positive test....maybe it was the hormones in the shot.  I waited until my next period was due and nothing happened before I took another.
Positive.  I called the dr's office January 6th......they did a blood test it came back positive.  At that time the nurse was flipping out b/c I had the depo shot when I was ALREADY pregnant.  Yes, I was pregnant when I went in for my pap AND I still had a period.  I spoke with a doctor that day and the following week I had an ultrasound.  I remember looking at that picture and saying that I should be happy but I was so scared b/c I didn't know what was going to happen.  I met with another doctor the next day.  He told me the risk, to me and baby, I talked to him about what I read on the internet....and he told me that everything I read are real possibilities.  He also told me that he was in the business of bringing babies into the world but he had to be honest when he told me that I would have a real difficult time.  He said he would be there for me whatever I decided to do but he would suggest termination.  After much thought and talking with my boyfriend, family, and friends...I came to my decision.  I never believed in abortion.......when I got to the clinic.......I sat there wondering if the other girls there had the same complications I had....it made me look at it a little differently.  I still don't agree with those that do it for birth control methods.  Getting my tubes tied was another ordeal, this was the end of February, they did a pregnancy test just to make sure......It came back positive.  The did a blood analysis and determined it must have been due to some lingering tissue b/c the #'s were too low to indicate a viable pregnancy.  I went back to the doctor for pregnancy test three times......all showing positive but the #'s were still dropping.  I haven't been back to see if it is in the negative yet....haven't had the money...at $50/test.....but my periods are back to normal so I'm going to assume it is now negative.  Quite the rollercoaster.   My due date was August 14th.
How are you doing emotionally after your abortion? I'm a mess. I cry every day and it has been 2 wks and 3 days. Last night was the first time my boyfriend talked about it. He cried for the first time about it. We did not expect to get pregnant but we both wanted the baby. He didn't want me to risk my life and said he would never forgive himself if anything happened to me. This would have been his first child. I just don't know how to move past the sorrow and the guilt I feel everyday.
Wow our stories are similar!  I also got divorced and lost my job within a few months! No health ins. I had to pull my son that just turned 5 out of daycare when i lost my job. He had a hard time with it anyway and I hated sending him, first one I ever sent to daycare. I decided at that time I would wait until he went to school and just keep my fingers crossed i didnt need to see a dr in the mean time.
Of course since ive been pregnant although i didnt know it at the time my boyfriends parents threw a big bday bash for him one weekend and we had a big bbq the next, so I did my share of drinking. I wont touch a drop now. I told my boyfriend i never knowingly did it with my other babies and just because I may not be able to keep this one i cant do that to it.This living in limbo is really hard. Part of me wants to get back to normal so I can think about something else for a change. Its hard not to be normal and not even be able to get excited about a baby either.
How bad was the abortion? i hate the thought of it, and the longer time goes on the harder it gets. How far along were you when you had it done?
The procedure itself wasn't bad......as far as pain and I just had a local in the cerix. The bleeding was heavy for one day......then spotting. They give you a Valium.  But the emotional part of it.......some days are pretty bad.  I was 11 and a half weeks when I had mine.  That was January 25th.  

My boyfriend felt terrible b/c he feels he did this to me and I wouldn't been forced to make a choice like that if it weren't for him.  I told him it took the both of us.  He wouldn't of ever forgiven himself it something happened to me.  And now, we don't talk about it much but when it is mentioned it still bothers him b/c he knows how much I'm hurting and would have liked to have another baby.

The emotional part......I cry when I find out someone is pregnant.......I even cried during the movie JUNO......when the girl went to the abortion clinic.  I just pray I make it thru August 14th which would have been my due date.  I don't think this is something I'll ever get over.  I don't think anyone does....whether it is abortion or a miscarriage.
hi i'm new to this site but i do have a few questions for the women who have had ea's i am 25 years old and i have a healty 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy. i was married to thier father a complete jerk and durring that time he told me to get the ea or be on the streets with the kids so i had it done. i also had my tubes tied after my son.  i thankfull got away from him but now i found my new hubby and would love to give him a child...... i have had the itch for a baby since my son was 1year old . i was just wondering if the women who are pregnant or were pregnant after ea had any procedures done before hand to become pregnant i know i will have to have the reverse tubal done but what else can be done? i am trying to research this now so i know what i'm in for or what i can do to help.
thank you so much for taking the time to read this
k
I had an ablation 7 yrs ago had periods for one day light and 25 weeks ago became pregnant. I live in Canada, and my doc here is great. The internet is full of negative stuff. I was scared after i read all of it. My doc has said everything is fine my little girl weighs over a pound placenta fine. I just have to be monitored more than the usually pregnancy. So for all the negative there are risks with ANY pregnancy, and there is hope as long as you follow directions from your doc.....95 days and counting...:)
Patty
thank you so much i have been reading so many bad things about it its nice to know it can happen and be purfectly healthy
Your welcome! I just get tired of reading so much negativity. My doc had a girl last yr same thing & everything went fine. Like i said there's risks with everything. You can also have a procedure to see if any lining grew back. Which i had and a bit did. So for anyone whom is trying after this procedure i will pray hard:) Remember it is rare but does happen!!!!
P
It is sooooo refreshing to see some positivity on this board!!  Yes, the negativity runs rampant on the internet.  I have even reported abuse on this board because of rude and uncalled for comments.  

If you scroll up, you will see details of my journey with this whole "post ea" ordeal.  

I have an absolutely wonderful specialist who will be monitoring me every step of the way, should I end up pregnant.  

Here's to optimism and believing that miracles DO happen!!

I am in the same boat as many of you. I have 3 sons, 5 yrs ago a tubal and 4 yrs ago ablation. Things have changed and I really want 1 more child. I feel someting is missing. I do get a very light period and am hoping there is some good tissue left. I am exploring the options of tubal reversal now. Thanks for all the good comments and less of the negative.
Im glad to hear you have made it this far in your pregnancy. have you had any complications? I had and endometrial ablation done in april of 07 and just about 2 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant. My dr told me i had less than a 5% chance of everything being ok. I went for a 2nd opinion and was pretty much just told the risks involved and the bad seemed to outweigh the good. I have 5 children and I was scared to take the risks so i terminated my pregnancy yesterday. It was the hardest thing ive ever done. I didnt want to, but no one could give me anything to go on. I asked them if there was any way to find out the condition of my lining and they said no.I felt like it was a roll of the dice.I really wish there was something they could have done to check my lining to see if it was adequate enough to support the fetus for the next 8 months. If i could have had that info i would have kept my baby. YOu said you had a procedure done to check your lining. What did they do?  
Please keep us posted on the rest of your pregnancy.
Greetings,

I started a thread on this same topic, totally unaware this was even here. I had an ablation done I believe two years ago, for the control of heavy menstruation. At the time I had it done I was married and my husband had a vasectomy. My doctor told me that I would not be able to get pregnant, so I assumed once you had this done that's it you can't get pregnant. My husband and I have divorced and I am with a new man now. I had told him the same thing, I had this procedure done and therefore I cannot get pregnant. We never bothered using any form of birth control, because I really honestly believed I would be unable to get pregnant.

Well, this past week I have experienced a few things that have me seriously questioning all of this. I have suffered with nauseousness brought on by smells, extreme headaches, vomiting, and a few other things I went through with my second pregnancy. I never actually had another period after the procedure, not even spotting. I am scared out of my mind, what if I am pregnant, Is it to risky to actually go through with, is the man I am with now going to freak out if I am because I told him I could not get pregnant. I have never been more confused/scared in my entire life. I am not sure if this is a miracle or a curse. I am afraid to take a test because I am afraid to find out that I am. I am not even sure what to do anymore. I just wish my doctor had been more clear about possibly getting pregnant after this procedure, had I know I would have been allot more careful.  
Wow, thank goodness you are not coming back.  This board definitely does NOT need that type of negativity.  

You're right, just because it happened to YOU does not mean it will happen to everyone.  I know several women, on this board and elsewhere, who are having or have had perfectly fine pregnancies/deliveries....POST EA!!!!!

I'm so sorry that you experienced that.  However, it is NOT the norm.  I have been researching this for quite awhile.  Also, I am working with some of the finest specialists/OB's in the United States.  

By the way, your spelling is absolutely atrocious.  
If you are looking for all positive comments here that says everyone and everything is going to be just peachy, you're going a bit far. I feel it is good to hear the GOOD and the BAD stories so every woman can decide just how much they can go through.  It lets everyone know what to expect; and what may or may not happen.  Up until October/November there wasn't a whole lot of activity on this site.  All the women that have been on here lately are just now getting to the place where they can tell their outcomes.  I hope and pray that all of them turn out well with very little complications.
Some of them weren't so lucky to carry a baby for 9 months.  Some haven't been on for awhile and I wonder what happened with them and their pregnancy.  I realize that some people regret the choices they made, I am one of them.  But, getting all the facts before hand is best so, like me, you aren't forced to make a rash and quick decision about your health and that of a baby.  That is what I believe this sites purpose is.....if you can take the down side maybe you should visit the "happy and uncomplicated pregnancy" site.  I believe that there can be alot of successful pregnancies.....I do.  But some people can't take everything that is thrown at them and need to think about all possibilities.  I for one am still sad that I had to end my pregnancy but I see and hear what some of these girls went through and know that I made the right decision for me.  Thank you.  I wish all of you still in the journey best of luck for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
CHRISTEL79 it is too bad that you have taken on the agony of being disappointed in the rest of us for wanting a baby of our own. I understand this precious one you were just gifted with is your fourth and so perhaps you forgot the emotional desire and motherly instincts that drive a woman to want more than anything a baby of our very own making.

I have never had a child, I have on multiple occasion considered adoption but the drive within my body and heart are so strong I cannot breath without wishing for the chance to give life. I had the EA eleven years ago when little was known and so I feel robbed of my choices. I come to this forum to learn so that I can educate myself and make an informed and contentious decision, but that is mine alone.

I do appreciate all that you have shared and the insight you have given those of us reading this blog. It helps us make decisions but again, ultimately it is our own individually to do and you might try respecting that as we respect your choices, rather than condemning us.

God bless to you and your family. Good health to you all for the future.
Hello All
I am a 27 year old who had EA done about 4 years ago,I was married with 4 children(twin boys,another boy and a girl) at the time I had it done and my husband also had a vas.He didn't want any more children and I was not 100% but felt it was best for our relationship to do so. We are now divorced and I am with the man of my dreams who doesn't have any children of his own and WE really would like to have at least one more.I have always had periods since my EA and although they were never as heavy as they used to be they are still pretty "normal" I would say comparing them to what my friends and I have talked about. I went to my Dr and discussed it with him and he han't had anyone ever try to concieve after having the EA done but felt very confident that as long as I was still having monthly periods that I should be able to get pregnant.He also refered me to a gyno to discuss my concerns with him and to see what his opinion is.I have that appoitment next week(23rd) This is something that we really want and I do understand that there is probably a risk but just being pregnant is a risk as well. I am from Canada and its quite hard to find any info about this topic so finding this site was a great score for me.I would love to have feedback etc from others who are going through this.
Everyone and there situations are different, and i can only comment on mine. I had a procedure done to check my lining.It was outpatient basis. I am aware of all the risks. My doc said he seen no reason for me to NOT have this baby. He has had a similar case to mine. She delivered fine. I can only comment on my experience. I have had no bleeding , no cramping, and only low amniotic fluid in the beg.Which has nothing to do with the ablation. I am aware of the bleeding he has told me they would have to do a hysterectomy if needed. I am fine with that . Everything looks well. (placenta, cord, and organs. ) As for decisions we all make, you have to do whats best for you and your families. Don't have regrets!!!!! You follow advice from dr's who advise what's best in your case. Everyone has a path and a reason for doing what we do, so don't beat yourself, about anything. Dr's appt today and i will keep you all posted. God Bless!
Patty
This is a link for which some are talking about. So it's not just after an ablation that this happens. My  doc said yes everything is fine measurements etc...strong heartbeat 162. Glucose test next then another ultrasound July 9th. I asked him about the bleeding , he said there's a risk, with any pregnancy, and he won't know till my c-section.If this is the case he will remove my uterus. So far so good.No bleeding. Here's the link: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/placentaaccreta.html
http://www.geocities.com/cutebootee/PlacentaAccreta.html
another link
Hi everyone,

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and everything is still going great!  I had an ultrasound done yesterday and she (Katie Jane) looks terrific.  He also looked at my placenta which has moved all the way to the top of my uterus and is still very attached.  I too understand that people have negative experiences with pregnancy after an ablation, but it’s nice to hear about the positive.  Especially when you are in the middle of it, and really need the support from others that are in your situation.  I truly believe we will have a healthy baby and so does my Doctor.  Good luck to everyone!  It is possible.    
I am so happy for you that everything is going well. Stories like yours make me wonder if i made the right decision. I had my ablation done in april of 07 and a week ago today I terminated my pregnancy at 6 weeks. It was the hardest thing ive ever done and a big part of me wants another chance. I am divorced and with an incredible guy that doesnt have any children, he knew from the start i couldnt have any more and was totally ok with that but it makes me sad to think that this could have been the only chance for him to experience having a baby of his own. I have other children so the risks were scaring me. I will always wonder though what if...I wasnt getting very encouraging news from the doctors i spoke to.
This site is great, it give women a chance to communicate with others in the same situation and it does help. It is great that other woman can share their experiences good and bad because ultimately thats why we are here talking to one another. However, I think the manner in which Christel79 exploded on everyone after the birth of her child was a little uncalled for. People here are open to the bad along with the good but apparently she has a low self esteem issue and gets some satisfaction out of knocking other people down. Ive seen it in more than one of her posts. She certainly doesnt sound like someone that just gave birth to a miracle. If i were in her situation i would be so greatful and happy that im holding my baby and im still alive. When I saw the specialist i went to i asked him if i could bleed to death if i hemoraged. He told me in these times he didnt see anyone bleeding to death. I believe I remember reading christel79 mentioning before she was going to need blood. With such a high risk pregnancy and that being  a STRONG possiblity and having a scheduled delivery you would think the doctors would have already been prepared with the blood situation. Sounds strange to me but.....
Hope everything continues to go well for you. Keep us posted.
Your absolutely right. Christel79"s doc should have  be prepared. My doc will be, and the outcome will probably be a hysterecomy, if needed.I have 2 boys 15 and 12, and divorced there dad  and met a man with no kids and now we are having one. Never intended too. My ablation was 7.5 yrs ago. Ex had a vas, and never thought of getting pregnant. It was a shock. Good one tho. My doc said things should be fine. I had a test done 2 mons before to check my lining, just in case. We were talking of maybe trying (but we hadn't used any protection in 2yrs) or me getting my tubes done. So a good shock it was. I was informed there was a little lining that he said might have grown back.During this c-section i am have a tubal< unless more needs to be done. Like i said before everyone's situation's are different. Your ablation was only a yr ago, so his advice was prob the best for you in your situation. God Bless.
I'm sure youre right. It probably was the best decision for me. Just hard to swallow after having 5 healthy pregnancies that it wouldnt be normal. I did have a period every month after my ablation but i know that doesnt always mean anything.
What test did you have done to check your lining?Its something I never thought about because i never thought id get pregnant. One of those things where you wish you had known the condition of your uterus before you got pregnant.
Ive also read a little about women having some procedures done to help restore the lining but I havent been able to find much about that. Im totally thinking crazy at this point. Being pregnant one day and not the next was the most un-natural feeling ive ever had. Part of me wants that baby back. Ugh..what a tough situation this is.
Best of luck to you, and please keep us posted on your pregnancy.
This is what i had done. I feel for you, i really do. Sorry for your sadness.
I never read anything about restoring your lining? That sounds weird. Anyway here's a link to what i had done. Good Luck...and thank-u will keep u posted:)
http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=hysterosono&bhcp=1
I know what you mean when you say it was a hard decision.  And you wonder what if all the time.  I terminated in January.........if I were still pregnant...I would be a fat 7 months along.  What made it even harder for me was when I went in to get my tubes tied 6 wks after the termination.  They make you take a pregnancy test (urine) before they perform the surgery.  Mine came back positive!!  I nearly died of shock...again.  They had to do a blood pregnancy test which came back positive but the #'s were too low to show a viable pregnancy.  So they did the tubal plus another D&C.  I went back to the doctor 3 wks later for another blood test that showed positive but the #'s were dropping.  I had to keep going back every 3-4 wks...(went 2 more times) all still positive but dropping.  I never made it back for another test b/c I currently don't have insurance and couldn't afford the $50 test every 3 wks.  Doctor's can't explain it.  I am eligable for insurance next month at my new job...so I'll go back then...hopefully it is finally negative.

I just wish things could have been different.........

Good luck in your research.
Hello everyone!
I'm 41 years old and had a rollerball ablation 9 years ago.I got pregnant 7 years ago but lost the baby at 18 weeks and the hospital messed up the operation. It was really traumatic.
Now I'm pregnant again. I'm only 6 weeks but I'm terrified about it and dont know what to do.My specialist says there is a better chance of carrying it full term after the rollerball than after some of the other techniques. He said I may need a cesarean plus a hysterectomy and that really freaks me out.
Any advice? Thanks!
Just wondering about something that hasn't been mentioned that I've seen.  I had a tubal ligation in July of 2005 when my 2nd child was born.  I had an EA in December of 06.  My husband is unable to have children because of a hernia when he was a child.  Apparently, his sperm are capable of impregnating, just not "getting out" of his body.  Can anyone tell me the chances of getting prego with all these obstacles?  Can we do this IV so I dont have to get a reversal? will they even do IV if you've had an EA?  help!!
I am off to my specialist appt this morning,with butterflies and all:)
Its great to have some positive stories from here to have in my mind while I am there to help me think positive!!
I will fill everyone in with what went on when I get back.
Keep your fingers crossed..lol
My fingers are crossed:)
*HUGS*
I am going on Thursday for a test to see the lining of my uterus to see if it is possible for a viable pregnancy. My other issue is a tubal reversal, I think the doc will send me to the specialist if things are good on thurs. Good luck to all, I am hopeful for a positive outcome. Keep me in your Prayers.
My prayers are with you. I hope you get good news on Thursday. I would be curious to hear of the procedure and the outcome.
Sorry It has taken me a few days to get back since I went to see the Dr.I was pretty upset.
It didn't go as well as I was expecting.He was VERY rude with me for even considering wanting to get pregnant after having a MEA done,he wanted to know why my tubes wern't tied when the procedure was done,I explained to him it wasn't brought up and all I was told that its recommended that I was to be done having children before they would do it.At the time I thought I was...things have changed. He told me that I most likely would beable to concieve again but it probably wouldn't happen under his care as he didn't want anything to come back on him if I had problems. He has arranged for a few tests to get done like blood work to be done on day 3 and day 21 of my cycle to make sure that I am ovulating,a pelvic ultrasound to check my uterus and a dye ultrasound test to make sure that my tubes are open at the end and not blocked due to scar tissue.
I mentioned that I was part of this group and they were sucessful pregnancies etc and he told me that the internet lies and causes a lot of hurt for women like me. He wanted to know why my partner who is 44 never had any children before now and said that he is likely not producing the amout of sperm that is needed to get pregnant and he aslo told me that at my age 27 that my egg supply is diminishing very quickly now...WTF???
I am at the prime baby making age,there are tons of women who have children at a much older age then I am.I couldn't believe this man who calls himself a dr. I was very upset while seeing him that all I could do was hold back the tears as he belittled me over and over.And I knew if I cried he would have put me down more then he already was. I have never ever been treated that way while seeing a Dr in my life. So I have an appoitment with my family Dr on the 15th to discuss what went on and to see if he thinks I should go ahead with getting the tests done and see him one more time having someone come with me or if I should be refered to another ob/gyn for a second opinion and better treatment.
After all of that we are still trying to concieve since he did say that I would probably get pregnant and we are trying to not let what he said and did to me bother us too much:)
What an a*****e! That's not fair. Your partner can get a sperm count done, easy and fast and free. I had the dye test and the test to check my lining. Stay confident. Your eggs are not diminishing either. Ask to go to another ob, preferably a high risk one. I have friends whom the men are in there 40's and having children. I am 37 and my partner 41. Listen to your family doc , and get a 2nd opinion . Try and keep your chin up. Btw, doc's don't like the internet . When my fluid was low i read alot of negativity and my doctor told me to stay off of it, but i am finding some sites very useful , & reassuring, like this one. Keep us posted.
Hugs*
jazz196
iam new here, needing advice, iam desperatley wanting a baby. i had a EA done 8 years ago. i only spot bleed every couple of months. does anyone out there have a success story for me???
Hello!  I just found this website and I must say ... I'm so very glad I did!!  I cannot express to you what your stories, the good AND the bad have meant to me today.  I'm very excited about the possibilities.  Here's my story:

Five years ago I developed a polyp in my uterus.  My family practice doctor has referred me to a OB/GYN for the test and surgery.  At the time I was recently divorced (less than a year) with a 3 year old and 6 year old.  The OB/GYN looked at me and said, well, since you've already had your tubes tied (had that done with I had baby #2) it's obvious you don't want to have any more children, what do you think about Endometrial Ablation?  I had never head of it, so he explained it and of course it sounded great!  I had the surgery a few weeks later and ... I kid you not ... one month later I met the man that would become my husband.  We are still totally blissful about our relationship and the life we have made, but we would very much like to have another child.  He has a 12 year old and I have a 12 and 8 year old but we would absolutely love to have one more.  About a year ago I had tossed the idea around with him about trying to get pregnant myself… I did the research on the internet and as you would imagine, the information wasn't all that great.  I contacted a doctor in North Carolina that specializes in tubal reversal.  He said that if and when I ever have a regular period, he would consider me a candidate for a Tubal reversal. I only "spot" when I would have normally had a period and that's not an every month thing—and usually only once or twice when I go to the bathroom.  And then, all of a sudden, just this month (one week after our wedding) I had the spotting every day, a couple times every day for 4 days.  While I haven't missed having periods, I was DELIGHTED… so that renewed my desire to search.  With all the modern medical miracles how could it be that I can't have a child??  I'm 35 and in good heath, I should be able to have a child.  Luckily I'm a bit slow at work today so I decided to start my research again.  This website was the first one that popped up.

I've read all the posts and have learned so much already.  I have my list ready to go and I'm about to call the hospital where I had my surgeries to get my surgery notes… I want my family doctor to tell me what kind of EA I had and how my tubal was done so that the next decisions can be made.  

Thank you all for sharing your stories.  I'll keep checking back and if things start moving along for me I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and another thing, if any of you live in the Midwest and know of a doctor that isn't afraid to try to help a woman get pregnant after a tubal AND an EA, please let me know.  I live in Omaha, but it would be worth the travel to make our dream come true.
I had an EA and Tubes tide about 2years ago and I no longer have a period due to the EA, but for about 2 weeks now, I have had all the signs of being pregnant. I'm very fertile, at the age of 33, I have been pregnant 9 times, but I only have one child. Is it still possible to get pregnant?
Yes, it is possible....I know a girl on here had both procedures done and she just had her baby last month.  I, myself, got pregnant after having had an EA and the depo shot!!
You know you only have .07% chance of becoming pregnant after an EA?  The chance of becoming pregnant on the depo shot is like .01%.  It's something to still over come those odds.  Take a pregnancy test.  I took 2 home pregnancy test and then went to the OB for a blood test before I finally believed it. LOL.
I had the Novasure procedure Dec 07.  Two months later I met the man of my dreams.  I turned 36 this year and have a 16 year old son.  After two failed marriages I decided it was best to have the procedure done - not to mention that I had HORRIBLE periods for years (much like monthly labor - clots were the size of golf balls).  I didn't want to accidentially become pregnant and I never in a million years thought I'd meet this man.  We want a child together so badly.  I don't think I've ever wanted something as much as I want this.  I'm so upset that I've done this to myself.  I am going to have a vaginal ultrasound done as soon as possible to what condition my lining is in.  I take pretty high levels of Vitamin E everyday (for an unrelated reason) and I'm hoping that the scar tissue is still very soft and because of this I might have a chance.  Who knows!  We are praying though.

In March (4 months post-op)  I started spotting - very light. Each month since it's getting a bit more but still very light although last month I actually had to wear a panty liner for one day.  Considering how I used to dread my period it was kinda funny how excited I was!

Good luck to everyone.  
Just one question please,

To the women who have had babies or have become pregnant after an EA did you get "normal" results off an HPT or did you have to go to your OBGYN to find out.
To all of you searching for answers I have found A LOT of information regarding pregnancy after scarring of the uterine lining.  There are many natural remedies to increase the lining and procedures that can be done to cut away scar tissue bands.  Now I'm not saying every uterus is in the condition to support a pregnancy - if you have hard scar tissue you could bleed to death if your uterus ruptures as it expands.  No site recommeneds pregnancy after ablation BUT then again, which would?  No one wants a lawsuit.  In addition, I've read on several sites that ablation can be expected to last an average of 5 years!  That 31% of women's endometrial lining completely regenerates by this time and many more to a lesser extent.

All I'm saying is that if your uterus is in good, pliable condition (no hardened scar tissue) there may be hope BUT only with a specialist.  I'm not a doctor or even in the medical community.  I'm simply a woman who made a terrible mistake by getting an ablation and now I want nothing more than to have a baby of my own, naturally.  I've been doing research for the last 3 months online regarding it and I just wanted to share what I've learned.  
Hello everyone.  I am 41 years old and had my ablation done in 2002.  Since 2002 I have had absolutely no periods.  I have two teenagers and had no plans for any more children until I took a home pregnancy test last month and discovered it was positive.  My first ultrasound was yesterday and the technician said that the sac was elongated and there was no heartbeat.  My ob/gyn looked at the ultrasound this morning and said that he would like for me to return in one week for another ultrasound, at which time we will see if there is still no heartbeat and no growth, indicating a miscarriage.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me, if my beta counts in my bloodwork were extremely high and I am suffering from all the tell-tale pregnancy symptoms, could we have simply done the ultrasound prematurely?  Would I still have all these symptoms if this was an unviable pregnancy and would my blood work counts still be so high?
Thanks for any help.
From my experience, yes you can have an unviable pregnancy and still have high beta counts.  I was 11 wks along when my pregnancy ended.  I had several test ran after that in which they were still high.  I still had positive results at the end of April although the numbers were lower with every test.  I'm not sure if it ever returned to negative b/c I couldn't afford the $50 blood work every 3 weeks any more.  I will go in for another test soon since I will have insurance soon.  My periods still haven't returned to what was "normal" for me.  I think I spotted twice since January.  Strange.......
How many weeks along do they think you are?
Thanks for your feedback Bridget.  They haven't been able to determine a timeline yet, but knowing my body as well as I do, I am thinking it is likely 11 to 12 weeks, making me think that the heartbeat most definitely should have been noted at this point.
Finally the long awaited post & wut an ordeal throughout this pregnancy!!!!!
I last posted May 15. Here is the update. I was in the Hospital for a month with ruptured membranes before I delivered by cesarean my healthy beautiful baby boy, Jaiden. My recovery was VERY painful. I had 4 regular births with my other children prior to having a cesarean section this time. Wen I was contracting on Memorial Day they scheduled the surgery & less than a quick10 minutes after entering the operating room Jaiden was born. Then about 10 minutes after he was born he needed to get 2 the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The anestisiologist gave me another dose of drugs. Even tho I was coherent I don’t remember the next 40 minutes while they closed my abdomen up. I finally got 2 c my baby again in his isolet incubator from about 4-6 a.m. the next morning.
Jaiden was born May 26th, 2008, Memorial Day at Noon, 7 weeks early. Jaiden weighed 5#s 6 oz. & was 19” long!!!!! He was given oxygen 4 the 1st day & had a feeding tube 4 a couple days. Jaiden was in the NICU 4 eleven days because my water was broken 4 so long he needed a 10 day regimen of antibiotics & the extra day was due to a 15 second apnea spell (breathing) on June 1st (hospital rules dictate babies hav 2 stay 6 days after any such occurrence). The respiratory bout was unremarkable & babies hav irregular breathing anyway. No other monitoring was needed other than his normal well child check ups. We are so happy to hav finally brought our baby home June 6th!!!!! I hav pics on the website myspace 2 help tell the story. Just go 2 www.myspace.com/littledebbys
In closing I will add that in spite of the difficulty during pregnancy, recovery, a total of SEVEN children & starting over with a tiny baby we are soooooooo in love with Jaiden we couldn’t imagine our lives being any different. Jaiden truly enriches all of our lives!!!!! I wud go thru it again in a heart beat. He is truly our MIRACLE BABY & we thank God everyday!!!!!  
Yes, you should most definately see a heartbeat.  I had my ultrasound done at 9 wks...and it was visable.  But, I'm sure nothing is impossible.  I've learned that this past year when I became pregnant.  Good luck on your next ultrasound.
I read online that Bromelain can help to generate uterine lining.  I took it for 3 days this past menstrual cycle (right at the end of it) and I actually had a full period for one day (red blood).  AMAZING!  All I've had since my ablation in December is pink discharge for a few hours. Since Bromelain shouldn't be taken for more than 2 weeks at a time so this month I am taking it for a full 2 weeks at the beginning of my cycle (which started last night).  I can't wait to see what happens!  I'm taking 500IU 3-4 times per day with meals.  Bromelain also aids in digestion as it is an enzyme.  And as I stated in my last post I also take 400 IUs of Vitamin E per day in addition to my regular daily vitamin.  Vitamin E helps to keep scar tissue pliable.  I've been taking that since before my procedure (for a different reason).  Take it daily!!
Yesterday I started taking Bromelain as BGGIrl noted in the thread. My girlfriend who is a naturopath suggested it. She said it actually heals scar tissue. It also acts as a digestive supplement so you have to take it two hours before or after eating so the focus is not on the food but on the scar tissue. Same dosage as BGGirl. I was told that even with my EA happening eleven years ago it can make a difference. Others might want to look into it as part of the healing.
I just was wondering, I keep searching google for sites on Polyhydromnios, and this site keeps coming up.  Just wondering if anyone here has had that, and know where I could find out more info on.  I am in my 35th week, and again as my first pregnancy, went into preterm labor and was stopped and put on bedrest.  Both pregnancies have been exactly the same thing.  Thanks.
HI. I had an EA done about 4 years ago and a tubal done after my second birth 8 years ago.  I was divorced 3 years ago and married the man I was meant to be with.  And it seems that I have the same story as most on here that I read.  He doesnt have children and wants more than anything to have one.  I have seen many specialist BEFORE we got married because I wanted him to have the option of marrying me or not.  I didnt want that to be a reason he would resent me down the road and of course he proved himself to be the man I knew he was.  And said it didnt matter.  But I want more than anything to be able to give him something that he can look in their eyes and see himself smiling back.  All of the specialist pretty much wont even talk to me and borderline being rude and disrespectful when I even broach the subject. Do you guys think it is because there still is just no improvements in technology and they just dont know HOW to handle it.  I mean this is my question....If I went into a dr's office and said that I had a tubal and wanted my tubes untiedand they found my lining to be "too thin" what would my options be? If the word ablation was never mentioned what would there response be???? Just curious if you guys have any more feedback than what I have already read.  I am truly inspired and in awe by all of your stories and keep you in my prayers that all of you have healthy "little yous" .  In my prayers, Debra
I am glad I found this website.I had my tubes tied  at age 24 about12 years ago and then an ablation done about 8 months later.I have never used birth control since either as they told me I could not get preggers.I also have never had another period since the ablation.Well the last 4 months I have started bleeding on and off and been scared since everything I goggled pointed towards cervical cancer.We recently went through a big move and it took awhile to find a doctor.I went to see this new doctor and he basically said we need to start checking your tubes and doing pregnancy tests as you had your procedures done so young and such a long time ago.Well I was shocked!The pee test he did in his office that day came back negative so he scheduled me for an ultrasound in October and said come back if things get worse.I am still spotting off and on now and occasionally get cramps like when i used to get my periodsI also am nauseated (sp?) off and on and breasts are tender.Hubby thinks I am having phantom thoughts now that the doctor put the idea in my head.I still didnt feel quite right so I did a HPT and it came back positive! I went in to my doctors and he was on holidays,so his nurse said she would do a quick test.It came back-negative.Any advice at this point would be great as I have had three tests with different outcomes and my ultrasound isnt until October.I feel like they just want me to go away,and I feel like I am going nuts.My husband and I always regretted me having both procedures when I was so young,I am 35 now almost 36.What the heck is up with my body?!
I started researching the possibilities of a successful pregnancy after EA a few days ago.  I have been having symptoms of pregnancy.  
Background: I will be 40 years old next month.  My children are 11 and 7. As badly as we always wanted more children, it never happened and I was  told that I was not ovulating anymore. I had EA 2 or 3 years ago. I was told not to get pregnant. Since I had been told I wasn't ovulating, had not gotten pregnant in the 5 years between my daughter and the surgery, I just didn't think it would happen.
Well, I took the test and it is positive.  I know this sounds stupid, but I am afraid to call my Dr. and make the appt.   Both of my pregnancies were good until the last when I developed High Blood Pressure and was put on bedrest the last few weeks.  I continue to suffer from HPB and I am overweight.
I have such mixed feelings, I think WOW! If it could happen, it is meant to be (and if we maintain the pregnancy) but I have read the concerns and the outcomes and I think about my Dr's warning.

I'm happy, but worried.
Jodi
I was wondering if you had found anything else out. With the risks, could they go a head and draw blood and test it that way? You would think they would want to find out for sure. Let us know if you have heard anything else yet.

Jo Ann
I just thought that I would share my experience. Last year I started on my quest to become pregnant after tubal ligation I had done 13 years ago and EA done in 2005. Well, first of all let me say I couldn't get a doctor to touch my case. It's "too risky". I Learned very quickly that if I wanted this done I would have to "stretch the truth". (lie) I had spoken to several doctors here in town which wouldn't help me get pregnant but I found one that agreed to see me "if I got pregnant but reminded me that my chances of conceiving is only 1%.When I went in for my tubal out of town I just never mentioned the EA. I was really shocked that he didn't do any other testing but It worked out to my advantage. I had the reversal done in November 07. Now, let me explain..I had done a ton of research on this. I totally knew what I was getting into. My desire to be a mother again completely consumed me and I knew in my heart that this was a risk I was willing to take. Its my body. I have the right to do what "I" want to do with my body. I went on to become pregnant within 3 months of trying. Only to lose my little angel at 6 weeks. It's been 6 months since my miscarriage and I am still doing everything I can to heal. herbal supplements..bromelain tabs..etc and as soon as I feel ready to try again we will. I have a dream and I will not give up on it. good luck to all of you ladies. I hope we all end up with little bundles of joy.
Ok I am so confused, what happened with Christie, I was reading that she was doing well and then all of a sudden she wasn't coming back and exploded. Is her baby ok, did everything go ok?  
She came back, she pretty much told everyone off. She had her baby. baby is fine. She said she had some complications at delivery with blood loss from what i remember. If you search through you will see the replies to her but her post is gone.
oh wow, well good that her baby is ok, but she didn't have to be so mean!
her story of having a baby after an ablation makes me hope that maybe I myself can do the same.  I am praying to get pregnant and have successful pregnancy!
Hi Everyone,

I got my period today!  I have only spotted here and there since my ablation in March, 2007.  But today I actually am bleeding.  Do you think this means my lining is growing back??  And maybe I will be able to get pregnant?
To all of you who had successful pregnancies congrats!  I just read this whole blog from first post to last..and ALL THE INFO whether good or bad has been helpful.

But no one has ever said if they had a continuous period after EA.  I had my tubes tied in 6/00 after birth of my 3rd daughter and my EA (Novasure) in 3/04.  My dilemma is that I have been for the past 8 mnths having a normal 28 day cycle i.e. breast soreness, pms, fatigue, bleeding for 3-5 days. Initially after EA I had nothing, then spotting w/ some pain, and now just a regular period.  Before EA I only had periods every 45 days.

Since my divorce and meeting my now fiance..we want a child together.  I am planning on contacting a fertility office on Monday to determine if I am a good candidate for a tubal reversal and then letting things happen.

My ? is should I tell the specialist about my EA or not in case he does not want to help us.

I am a woman who had 3 healthy pregnancies no complications and no health risks now.  
Be totally honest with your specialist.  If he doesn't know the truth, he will not be watchful for possible complications.

The good news is that if you have normal periods now, you probably have endometrium that might support a pregnancy.  

A gamble, but your decision.
I had a 25-28 day cycle after my ablation in 2005 every single month. It was light. Only lasted 3 days, but I had it. It started getting heavier this last year and the cramps started coming back. I think that might have been because I developed 2 fibroids since my ablation. I have one on the inside and one on the outside of my uterus. Now I'm pregnant and nervous!

Stacy

thanks ladies for the comments and advice.  I have never had fibroids before..do they usually develop after abalation?  

@stacy..I will be praying for a safe pregnancy for you & your little one.

I will say if it doesn't happen we will both be ok because I have 3 girls & he has 1 so we both want a boy which is why we are considering this in the first place.

I just believe as a Christian God has the last say in anything..jmo.

Have a blessed day ladies!
I had EA in august 2006, and had full heavy periods the whole time since. I became pregnant 2 months ago, and at 8 weeks, had to terminate because the doctors thought I was risking my life. I had a blood clot in my uterus and was having tan spotting in the afternoons if I walked around too much. If I were to start bleeding heavily in my 2nd trimester, they would have had to stabilize me in my local hospital, and rush me to a better hospital almost an hour away. I knew I had to think of my children that I have now, and I made the awful decision to terminate. I so wish I could go back and see what would have happened. Everytime I think I'm okay, sadness is right around the corner. Today, I am more depressed than ever. I don't know if ti's the hormones or what. Now I don't even think my boyfriend wants to be in this relationship any more. It is all very sad.

I don't know what to tell you, but the whole experience has turned my life and my faith upside down. All of the doctors, ultrasounds, bloodwork, excitement at seeing the heartbeat, then seeing his little body on the hi-tech ultrasound, then knowing that I was the one killing my own baby, that I never gave him a fighting chance....it has devastated me. This is just one story, but I am being honest, because that's all I can be. These doctors are doing a grave injustice not tying tubes during this procedure. There are so few good stories that I have found. It's just very sad.
I've been pouring over ALL the posts the last few days - thank you all for the information you have provided.  I have just met a GREAT man and am considering getting pregnant.  I had EA in Jan. '08.  I already have 2 beautiful daughters from my first marriage, ages 17 & 13.  I recently turned 42.  My head is swimming with all the good & bad that can come out of getting pregnant after an EA.  It's scary BUT at the same time, I want to be able to go into this relationship knowing everything up front.  He's never been married and wants at least 1 child and I would LOVE to be the woman to give him the most wonderful gift in the world.  I am a Christian and know that through God ALL things are possible!  Anyway, thanks for reading.  Would love to hear from you - I could use the support & understanding.  Thanks!

weeley :)
...in addition to my last post, I am waiting until we get married to give him the gift of a child, I just want to weigh all options and be upfront with him before we get married.  SIGH - I so wish I had waited for the procedure!!!

weeley :)
Hi!
First of all, what type of ablation did you have? How are your periods since the ablation?
Have you talked to your doctor? You should find a maternal fetal specialist in your area that has dealt with this before and see what his/her outcomes were.
I am sure you just read my last post, and I am the last person you want to talk to, but this is just something you should not walk blindly into.
I would actually consider trying again in the next two to three years, even after all of the heartbreak I have been through, but that is only because I have heavy periods and had a less abrasive ablation (hydrothermal.)
I am not trying to dissueade you in any way at all, I am just asking the medical questions that I found out through my whole ordeal.
I am still on this forum only to try to help other women through this, because there is so little information out there!
which ablation is less abrasive?  I have the roller ball ablation.
My doctor told me that the Novasure was the most abrasive. I had the Hydrothermal, and still had heavy periods after. I'm not sure about the rollerball.
I did not have periods for the first year or so, now I do, they are not very heavy, but they are there, about 4 days. I am not sure if that means that maybe my tissue is growing back. I know I ovulated a few days ago and now I have cramps.  We had sex the day before I ovulated and the day before that. What does allt his mean?
I agree w/hellodian...we have to be willing to go into this thing with open eyes.  While we do ask God to help us through this journey..it is also our job to use wisdom...not saying we have to not get 2nd opinions, see specialists,etc but just to be wise.

I finally got my paperwork from my dctr back home so I can make an appt with a specialist to see about my tubal reversal...I will keep you ladies updated.

@lodzpol....I too didn't have them for about a year and now they come like clockwork every 28 days where that never happened all of my entire life!  So my thinking is we have to have built up some kind of lining or we wouldn't be having periods.