Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation
I am looking for more info on pregnancy after an endometrial ablation.  I had an ablation in May 2002.  January 2003 I was not feeling well and went to the family doctor.  She thought it may be an ectopic pregnancy since I was told I was sterile.  I had an ultrasound to discover it was an interuterine pregnancy and I was about 9 weeks.  I am now 17 weeks and for the past month trying to decide to terminate or continue.  I am having a very hard time finding any info on any one with this happening to them and the risks to me or my unborn child.  I have seen several doctors and none of them have ever heard of this happening and 2 have suggested termination.  I have an appointment with a high risk specialist on Thursday (02/27/03).  Please tell me where I can find more info or who to contact.  Thanks.
Hello...I just want to say that I really enjoy reading everyones posts. They are very informative! My fingers are crossed for all of you! I think this is a good way to be able to support each other through this! I hope you guys keep us posted on everything that is going on. We are all here for you.
Jane, I completely agree with you that it is in God's hands. I was just talking to my sister about that. I told her that is I were to get pregnant I don't think I could terminate until I really had to. So, just keep praying on it and I believe it will be ok.
I also had ablation surgery done almost 1 year ago.  In March 07, I married my childhood sweetheart.  He is the man I should have married years ago.  Although I already have three wonderful children from my previous marriage, I desprately want a baby with my new husband.  What are the chances that I can get pregnant and deliver.
Please Help
I am 31 years old and had my tubes cut at 24 (after the birth of my twins, which made me the mother of 3 girls). I then had an ablation at 25 due to uncontrollable periods and anemia. After a terrible divorce in 2005, I met the most wonderful man in the world and am now happily engaged. I honestly never thought I would want to have another child but here I am, crying at the sight of every pregnant woman and wishing to become pregnant. My soon to be husband has also expressed his desires to have another child. I am not too optomistic about our changes of conceiving again, however I am in the process of selecting a physician to find out my options. This board has given me the hope that I've been looking for. Wish me luck ladies...I sure do need it!!!!!
I wish you the best of luck!!! Please let us know what you find out please. I know what you mean, I would really love to have another baby and I get sad when I see a new baby or a pregnant woman too! Not sad for them, but sad for me because I would love to have a baby!!! Keep us posted!
Thank u 4 the kind words. Here is the latest in my pregnancy after endometerial ablation story. I was spoting yesterday & the night b4. I made an apt. with the ob/gyn my dr. had referred 2 me. I was expecting it was over due to the history that I have only ever bled when I had 2 prevoius miscariages at 24 & 34 yrs. which were my first & last pregnancies. Also, due to the fact that it is even more common afte an ablation in the rare insances that a woman can become pregnant. Never had any spoting during the pregnancies of my 4 beautiful children either.
We actually saw the gesational sac & heard the heart beat! The tec reported that the baby implanted where it is supposed to be, but it is 2 early 2 tell where the placenta has implanted.  It felt like I just found out I was PG all over again (what a roller coaster).
My hcg levels are also high 37,150 & progesterone is 20.7 meaning I have a very "healthy pregnancy". I am told what a miracle it is over & over. I am still nervous being barely 6 weeks since my LMP & both misscarriages were at 12 weeks.
I am praying that it turns out how ever God decides & that I have the srength to continue to be healthy emotionally & physically.  
I am 43 years old.  I had endometrial ablation in Sep. 2006.  I became pregant and am now 24 weeks along.  So far so good.  I have had a bit of spotting, but the baby is growing fine.  I will keep my fingers crossed!
I am 9 weeks pregnant after an ablation 8 months ago. I also had my tubes tied. I have been trying to read up on this and not finding much hope. I'm  really scared for my sweet baby. I have had some very serious pain and gone to the E.R. and the Dr.s didn't really know what to do with me. They did an ultrasound and the baby looks fine... looks like the babies growth is good. (this was my 2nd ultrasound) and the hospital ended up calling a specialist and he was in shock about the whole thing. He said 'I should have an ultrasound about every month to make sure the baby was doing alright. My pain is going to get worse since the baby had attached it's self to my uteran muscle.' All this and they didn't even put me an bedrest. I can't stand for very long without hurting. I can't really do anything, so I putting myself on bed rest as much as posible. ( I have 3 other children. 4,2 and 9 months) I go to my Dr. tomarrow and then a specialist in a  5 days.  
WOW! Did the ultrasound show the baby attached to the muscle or are they saying this is going to happen? Please keep us all updated on your progress. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
They couldn't tell this from the ultrasound.. it's just a guess since I shouldn't have any lineing. When I went to the Dr. today he put me on bedrest....... and he also said ' don't be surprised if in the last few months of your pregnancy ( if I make it that far ) if you have to be hospitalized in the Intencive care'. We are hopeing to keep this baby! He also said I should have a check-up every 2 weeks. Now I just have to see what the specialist says on monday. Wish me luck!! Thank you for your concern.
I am so happy to read a positive outcome with your pregnancy!! You are giving me hope in my time of need! Thank you so much. There is nothing  more amazing then life its self. I will not abort this baby!!
Please keep me up to date on everyones pregnancy I too want to get pregnant after ablation, my lining is 5.5 to 5.9mm, has anyone tried viagra vaginally?  Please email me if you want, delete the spaces, this is the only way i can  include my email address, good luck danielle   dsl  213 @  adelphia.  net
What is viagra vaginally? I've never heard of this. I have e-mailed you back also. Thanks for the luck!
Viagra vaginally is a vasodilator, it will bring blood to the uterus and hopefully build up the lining, this is what is the problem that us women have after the ablation, is a thin to no lining at all.  Let me know if anyone has had luck with this.  Thanks and good luck to all.
I just wanted to let you I am now 29 1/2 weeks pregnant and I had my ablation in 2005.  I understand the pain.  I have been on bed rest for over a month.  I have been doing better now on bed rest.  But before the bestrest, I could not sit for to long or stand to long without a lot of pain then came the spotting and discharge.  But since bedrest and really staying in bed except for the have to get up things, I have not had any bleeding.  I am thinking the pain is from the growing of the uterus with all the scare tissue in there.  I know now that I have days that I am very sore and I think those are the days my uterus is growing more then others.  But I give it a few days and the pain and soreness are gone and back it a lot of kicking and moving.  I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and I was admitted to IU/Riley hospital on Nov. 13th for special watch.  Because my OB is not a high risk OB and was getting worried that she may be missing something.  But after lots of testing by the specialist, they can only tell me that the contraction that I am having are to producing any results or changes in the cervix and that he baby is growing heatlhy.  So I have to make sure that the contractions to not get worse and just be completely aware of my body and what it is trying to tell me.  The specialist was also saying that yes there is possibilities of your uterus being tore during delivery and causing delivery; however, since all my docotrs are aware of the situation we are looking at just doing a c-section if any sign of trouble starts.  That way we can bypass all problems.  My OB is getting excited since I am almost 32 weeks and then we have a great chance the baby will make it with no problems.  But I am looking forward to a full term pregnancy.  I hope some of this information will help someone.  If you have any questions I will try to answer them.  I have learned a lot of things with going to the OB and specialist so much, but just forget about a lot of it until I am asked.  Pregnancy memory I guess..LOL  I miss everyone the best of luck.
It's great to hear from you and get an update on your pregnancy. Sounds like your moving right along pretty good. Do you know if the baby has attached to the uterine muscle or not?
Tony, thanks for the info. I am so glad that everything is working out for you and you have been able to keep the baby and you are pretty far along!! wahoooooo! You only have a few more weeks to go. I think having a c-section is the only way to go in this situation. Your life is at risk here and it will cause less trama on the baby. So, are you having a girl or boy? Please let me know how everything goes. I wish you the best!!
I had my ablation done 2 years ago due to heavy periods,and thinking i would not want anymore kids, but i met a wonderful man and am now wanting to have another baby, is there any hope, i still have a monthly period.....
If you are still having your periods then there is a good chance you could become pregnant. Honestly I think you shouldn't try. There are very high risks involved. The chances of having a healthy pregnancy all the way to term are slim and you will be putting the babys and your life at risk if not death. I am only about 9 1/2 weeks pregnant now and I am in constant pain. I am on bedrest, but I still have pain from doing nothing. Scroll up a little and read what I wrote before about my situation. I think babies are wonderful... but this is a serious situation and not many Dr.s really know what to do.
I think sometimes we need to stand back in our lives and realize what we already have. What would your children you have now do with out you if you died?? You already have a family. Please don't put yourself through this if you can help it.
were you trying to conceive and if so were you still having periods and do you know how thick your uterine lining was?  Thank you and good luck