Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 401-600 comments:
Hello, I am 37 years old and have recently found out that i am pregnant after an ablation, I lost my first husband 3 years ago and recently have remarried, and to our surprise I am expecting. Only about 6 weeks though. I very concerned about carrying this baby not only for the fear of miscarrying but also the danger it puts on me. Cant bear the fact of leaving my other two children with the possiblility of losing another parent.  Anyone out their know the risks of this. Mostly I have only heard horror stories.
hello everyone I recently found out that i am pregnant after an ablation 2 years ago any success stories out there
i am in a similar boat- 1 1/2 s/p ablation - i am 6w6d- i thought i had miscarried for i had alot of bleeding however i  went for an ultrasound today and heard the heartbeat- but he said my embryo sac was irregular!!??  my dr says he has never had a pregnancy after ablation so it is unfamiliar territory for him- i am scared to death- my kids are 17 and 15 this is huge- i really have not heard of too many success stories on delivering healthy babies after ablation- and also me being 35 puts it at greater risk too- any info anyone has would be welcome
I also am pregnant, but I'm 44.  I had the ablation last August.  I am now 12 weeks pregnant.  I do know of one women who I met on the internet, she was 40 and had a successful pregnancy after her ablation.  I just to know is there anything extra we can do to see this through to the end.  What are the risks?  My doctor doesn't know, I am his first patient pregnant after the ablation, and he did the procedure.

Please help.  Advice.
I am a success story.  My daughter is turning 1 next month.  I had a ablation in Dec. 06 and was pregnant in Sept 07, my daughter was born last May.  There are alot of scary thing to read out there so try and stay positive.  There are so many more happy endings out there.  Three other women I kept in touch with on another thread just gave birth in March and mom's a babies are doing great.  Get a knowlegeable Doc who specializes in high risk pregnancies.  Congrats on your little MIracle and Good Luck!
Glad to hear your success story. I am a little nervous about the odds but am trying to be very optomistic. Lots of prayer. Did you delivery go well
The delivery did go well.  I had a accreta, thats where the placenta attaches to deeply in the uterus, so we did a planned c-section and they did do a hysterectomy as well.  The other ladies did have c-sections, but did not need the hysterectomy.  I know your scared but just make small goals to get too.  Don't make yourself crazy thinking too far ahead.  As long as your Doc keeps on top of things it will all be fine.  Also the power of prayers can do wonders.  The proof that miracles DO exist is  growing in your tummy right now!  :-)
Were the doctors able to determine your accreta ahead of time to prepare for it or did it come as a surprise at the time of delivery? Actually, This is my second pregnancy after my ablation in Dec. of 2006. The first was a big surprise also. I blamed myself for not telling the doctor I was seeing then that my previous husband had passed away. He had him charted as having a vascetamy. I was having alot of bleeding, pretty much daily, probally from stress I loss my husband and father within 3 months of each other that year anyway didn't really know all the pros and cons of an ablation at that time. When I came up pregnant March of 2007 with my former husband we carried until almost 4 months then I miscarried. A very horrible experience but my doctor said that the baby had a lot of problems with his heart and also a rare disease with his arms and legs and mucscles and felt that was the reason for the miscarry. I didn.t want to ever experience that again so I got on birth control until Februrary of this year. I had to switch due to ins. and the new ones were making me very nausea so I decided to make an appointment with my doctor in march for the iud and discontinue use of this bc. within that 3 week span I became pregnant.
They found the accreta at my 20-22 week ultrasound.  The watched it with regular ultrasounds every 3-4weeks for the rest of the pregnancy.  At about 30 weeks they decided to have a pre planned c-sect/ hysterectomy.  Everything was lined up and ready to go in case of needing a transfusion.  They delivered 2 weeks early to avoid regular labor from happening.  It all went pretty smooth.  I did have a couple of boughts of preterm labor that I was hospitalized for, but it had no link to the ablation.  The ablation could not have caused the physical problems with the baby your last pregnancy.  I understood that growth of the baby could be a factor, but it was not in my case or the others that just delivered.  Keep in mind the Doc's have to give you ALL the possibilties no matter how small the risk, so it can be very scary and overwhelming.  Stay positive!
Thanks so much for your encouragement. It,s wonderful to hear such positive outcomes. It's good to know that the docs can detect problems from the accreta early. I go for my first visit next week so I'll keep you posted on the progress.
I'm new to the board, i was looking up pgcy after ablation and it led me here. WOW, i was told that you MIGHT get pg after the ablation, but it was a slim chance...now i've also had my tubes tied 3 1//2 years ago, an ablation in 07 and been fine since then. Well about 2 or 3 weeks ago i started feeling pressure in my stomach (the muscle pulling) and thought maybe it was from yard work so i passed that off. Last week i was feeling nauseated, dizzy, HUNGRY (3am wanting chinese...lol) and all type of weird stuff. So Saturday i took a test at night...i was anxious...lol....NEG. Then i thought it might be in my head...so i got my mind on other things....NOPE. I'm sitting here at almost 1130pm nauseated, wanting chinese, seafood and chocolate milk(HOW GROSS) My youngest will be 4 in sept, my oldest will be 6 in june....i'm 35, hubby will be 55 in june and i'm worried. However we've talked and if i am, then we'll deal with it. Oh and last week my daughter came up to my husband and i out of the blue(we havent discussed we MIGHT be pg around the kids) and said "mommy, your having babies...a boy and a girl" I almost fainted....lol Plus my hubbys g/ma on his moms side had 3 sets of twins....yay me
Amy
I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and have had TWO ablations in the past 5 years.  Was told that I could not get pregnant, but God defies doctors everyday! So who uses birth control when you're told you can't get pregnant... and who buys pregnancy insurance?  Yes, I'm uninsured for this high risk pregnancy as well.  I had some first trimester spotting, but none in the past 6 weeks.  I am very positive that everything will be ok and then I read the internet and all the stuff that can go wrong.  That's what scares me.  Like most of you my doctor hasn't had a case like this before so I came here looking for answers.  An abortion was never an option.  I am going to be 40 years old when I deliver and that's scary enough.  I definately want this baby, but also want a hysterectomy after delivery.  Any advise on things to watch out for?

lap0421
Just have them watch for an Accreta, which I am sure they will already be looking for.  It was my understanding that is was the most dangerous part of the pregnancy.  Good Luck
I, too, am new to this group but hope to gain some good advice in my plight for another pregnancy post-ablation (7 years ago).  I found out I was pregnant last March 08 and was floored because after 6 years of using nothing... HOW did that happen.  I was so freaked out that I panicked and with all the bad things on the internet and my doctor saying, I won't tell you to terminate, but you are in unchartered waters and it's high risk and very dangerous for you and the baby.  I didn't feel good about it at all, I was sick every day from just the emotional stress of what to do.  I ended up terminating because of the thought of dying or hurting the baby.  Now, a year later, I have had time to get my thoughts together and take vitamins and extra folic acid and now I want to really strengthen my uterine lining and try this.  I'm more prepared and ready for an uphill battle.  I need all the help and support I can get from you ladies.  I see that there are good positive posts... I want to believe that I can do this....
Hello Everyone!

I am so happy to have stumbled on this forum, I had an ablation about 5 years ago and currently my fiance are trying to have a child of our own, I have a 14 year old and a 10 year old. I am 32 and I know once I hit that 35 mark it will be so much harder on my body to carry a child, if I can even get pregnant. Thanks to seeing the many posts I have renewed hope that I can get pregnant. THANK YOU ALL!!

Jenn
im in queensland aust i have 2 sons 20 yrs and 13 yrs i had my tubes done at 27 and because of bleeding they did an ablation now im getting married and were very happy with 2 boys but would love children together we went to ivf and he didnt want ot help us gave us all the bad things that would happen but being the strong minded women i am we are going to have the reversal done when we get $8000 together i was a little bit scared but we feel the need to try and feel that im healthy enough to get threw this im so glad that i found this site i love reading about the success stories and know what is in store for us hopefully i can post our good news if and when it happens
Oh man, I guess its time to get a pregnancy test!

I had an ablation in 2003. This was the only forum I found that had any information about pregnancy after ablation. I haven't had any periods of bleeding since the ablation. I'm a little scared but excited too. I am 38 so I know I may have problems if I am pregnant. I have a 17 year old son, and I think I would love to have another baby. I was told I would never become pregnant after this procedure. It is a good thing that there are such good outcomes here, It gives me hope!
I’m a 33 year old mother of two healthy boys.  I had a Tubal Ligation and my tubes were also burned about 8 years ago. Due to heavy periods I had a Partial Ablation done as well with a D & C 8 years ago as well. About two weeks ago I got really sick after eating some pasta thought nothing of it until my breast were sore to touch. I could not take showers, pick children up or put on my bra with out them being sore to touch. They are also throbbing really badly with shooting pain around my nipple area. On top of that I get queasy through out the day and night sometimes with vomiting after a meal but not all meals. I have headaches and I’m moody with crying very easily. I been a little constipated, I'm usually a flow type of girl but now I’m a little backed up. I have taken 3 test two negative and one question mark (the new EPT GOLD). I go to the doctor on July 7, 2009 please can some help me to understand my body or give me some much needed advice     ...................

New since this post...

I have an appointment with an High Risk Dr. who advised me to take a pregnancy test everyday until my appointment on the July 22nd. She (nurse) advised me the this is common women getting pregnant after ablations and tubals so wish me and my family luck.. Thanks everyone    
I've been looking on the net and placenta accreta can also happen when you' ve had c-sections,so how do you get to strenghten the utertine lining and is iron good to have for the placenta?,good luck with the preg test ladies.
I am encouraged and surprised by what I have read on here.  I am new to this site and have been trying to do some research.  I am currently 39, in the middle of a divorce, long time seperation and am in a new serious relationship.  I have a 12 and 13 year old one by C-section the second Vbac.  I always carried really well for 9 months, but had two pretty tough deliveries.  I think they would not have been so bad if I had not been at a military teaching hospital.  In 2007 I had an ablation for bleeding issues.  I was in what I called the lucky 1/3 in that my cycles stopped completely.  My husband had been fixed and I thought things were good. Now my new boyfriend is 12 years younger than I am. He has a 3 year old but I am sure that he wants another child.  I have no reason to believe that I don't have good eggs. I got pregnant with my second child while nursing and on the pill again.  

What I don't understand is, if my ablation was good and I have no cycle then my whole uterus was burned and how can a placenta attach to have a child?  I need to have this discussion with my boyfriend but want to have all the details first.  I don't think this is a breaking issue ( I guess I can see about someone to carry a child for us) but I would rather do it myself.  Any thoughts.????  Thanks
I wouldn't recommed trying on your own.  The fact that you never had periods since the ablation is pretty telling that they got all the lining.  Regardless though, this could be deadly if you did get pregnant.  I did not try to get pregnant and I was very lucky to have a pretty uneventful pregnancy, but some are not so lucky.  Have the discussion w/ your boyfriend and I am sure having a surrogate would be a better safer route for you all.  Risking your life and missing out on your other children would not be fair to anyone.  Good luck
hi, I am 33 with 3 children. I had my tubes tied 7 yrs ago due to high risk pregnancies and ablation done 3 yrs ago due to heavy bleeding. I had no periods till 8 months ago.The last few weeks I have been having really horrible mood swings, breast tenderness and most recently swollen feet. At first I thought maybe I was going through early menopause. This week I have been having a heavy feeling in my uterus. I was thinking maybe a cyst. then I started researching, now I am really starting to wonder if it is pregnancy. I never thought you could get pregnant after both tubal ligations and ablations..After reading all these posts I am definitely making an appointment with my ob-gyn.
Chell,
It's not that you CAN'T get pregnant, it is if you DO get pregnant, the pregnancy very likely won't hold, and you end up miscarrying. This has happened to me twice now, and trust me, it is NOT something to mess around with. I have full periods since my ablation in '06, and doctors didn't even want to deal with my 2nd pregnancy, because the first one went to 9 weeks but had a large hematoma around the baby, and I had to have emergency surgery. This was emotionally AWFUL for me and I will never forget it.
So, if you are having no periods, I would use birth control. I have been through it and I would not advise it.
I am 37 years old, I had my tubes tied 16 years ago and uterine ablation about 5 years ago.  Lately I have wondered if I could be pregnant so I found this information.  I still have a period, but last month I spotted for 3-4 days at the beginning and the middle of the month.  My breast were tender, nausea but I realize it could be hormones.    To read that pregnancy can happen after both, I am beginning to wonder, I would be excited.  I think I will go get a pregnancy test!!  Good luck to all of you going through this.
I am new to this forum and have been reading many of the posts on here. I am scheduled to get an endometrial ablation and have my tubes tied in 2 weeks.  I have no children and am not exactly young, as being over 40 carries increased risks with pregnancy.  My doc refuses to give me an ablation without my having some type of birth control in place.  Thing is that the pill and Nuvaring have major side effects for me.

In reading all of these posts, I'm amazed at how many women who have had both procedures have still managed to end up with pregnancies.  I really do need the ablation, so I feel that my decision to have both of these procedures is the best for me.  I do appreciate being able to read a forum like this to make me aware of the possibility of pregnancy later, because these procedures are not 100%.

Any thoughts?
Iknow personaly that i would never have my tubes done or an ablation done ,i had them done at 27 and now at 40 im in a better finacial positon and have a wonderful man in our lives,if the medical prac told me that its not that easy to get ya tubes reversed and the complications after an ablation, i would of just stayed on the pill because your bleeding could get worse after having the tubes done,mine did, then the ablation doesn't always settle the bleeding down,you can gain weight after tubes too,i think you mite want to ask a few more questions before doing anything permanent,maybe see another doctor far a second app ,can't hurt.and ya not to old to have babies weve had test done and got plenty of eggs your eggs dont dry up when u turn 40 good luck mate hope i helped a little
I had an ablation in May '07 with very light periods after but I found its getting heavier the past year, (its still very light in comparsion to what I had gone through!). I have a 14 and 8 year olds. My breasts are tender and I'm having cravings. I guess I'll need buy a pregancy test too!
Just an update... I am now 28 weeks pregnant and wanted to reiterate that I had had 2 ablations and had NO menstral periods after the 2nd ablation (December of 06).  The doctors gave me the 2nd ablation because the bleeding was not much better after the first one.  So that whole out of sight out of mind was what made me use no other method of birth control.  I really thought I could not get pregnant because I had no lining to shed.  Also, when I got pregnant we were a real bundle of nerves because it appeared the baby was literally holding on by a thread.  It has been nothing short of a miracle that I have done as well as I have thus far.  I would NEVER suggest that anyone who has had an ablation to get pregnant on purpose.  I am not out of the woods yet because the delivery can go wrong, but I know that God is watching over both me and my little boy.  If you are not 100% sure that you don't want another baby, don't get the ablation.  Why put yourself and child in that kind of danger??  
Hi everyone,

I had an Endometrial Cryoablation in Feb of this year, due to dysmenorrhea (painful periods), which according to the doctor was caused by heavy lining. I had the surgery, knowing that conceiving would be virtually impossible and if it did happen despite the odds, it would be "disasterous".My husband and I had tried to get pg up until the ablation, but knew it was time to call it quits when I could no longer take the pain. After the ablation, birth control wasn't even a concern for us since we had been unable to conceive for over 7 years. Ablation only decreased our chances of conceiving. Or so we thought.

I'm 7.5 week pg & am lucky to have found a practice where one of the OB's successfully delivered several healthy babies that were conceived after ablation. Several!! This gives me much hope. The worry still gets to me sometimes, but I know that God is bigger than the risks. It's all in His hands.

I'd love to get in touch with others who are pg after ablation and share progress of our growing miracles. God bless!
Thank you all for your posts. I have been having some pregnancy symptoms and not realizing it until I saw the tell tale blue lines on my breast and starting putting the other signs together. I am going to take a test today. Especially after reading all these posts. This gives me hope that if I am then it doesn't necessarily have to turn out horribly. I really didn't think it possible with the ablation and continuous dose ortho evra patch. You see I too was still bleeding so they put me on the continuous dose to prevent my adenomyosis from coming back. Totally know that God is in control and all things are possible through Him! Pray for me guys I will keep you posted. I don't know how we will manage with 3 already and the youngest 2, financially I would have to stay home can't afford another one in daycare. Again God is in control, just venting a little on my fears.
I had an ablation about 3 1/2 years ago.  I was told that I ran a risk of never having children again,  but if I maintained a period I could still get pregnant.  It was never really explained in great/clear detail the dangers that were imposed if you did get pregnant.  So, I had the procedure done because my periods were so bad.  I already had two children and didn't think I wanted another.  I was wrong.

I conceived for the first time this past January, but I lost the baby by the 5th week of pregnancy.  I wasn't intentionally trying to get pregnant, because I didn't really think it could happen.  I maintained my periods, but they were so slight that I didn't think anything of them.  I was devastated when I lost the baby.

I am pregnant again, 5wks 2dys.  I am paranoid over every little feeling and gas bubble.  I can barely sleep.  I want this baby so much, and I cannot find anything positive at all on the internet.  I understand that if I manage to carry the baby at all, that I run a heavy risk of hemorrhaging and will probably end up having to have a hysterectomy.  What I am most scared of is that the scar tissue will prevent my uterus from stretching with the baby growth.  Right now I am taking progesterone, because though my levels are inside the normal range, they are at the lowest end.  So far (and I am praying every day) the baby is holding strong.

I have to see the doctor every week until we get a heartbeat, and then we will go to every two weeks.  Depending on how everything is going, she may drop me back to once a month, but wants to make that call as things progress.  I am her first patient that has gotten pregnant after ablation.  She is not an OB/GYN, but she does specialize in women's health.  Plus, if I need to see a specialist, I am sure she will refer me to her OB/GYN (the doctor who gave me the ablation to begin with).  I know that he is a very good doctor.  I plan on staying with my family practitioner because I trust her, but will see any specialist she sends me to.

Does anyone have any place besides this forum that gives any rays of hope for a successful pregnancy, even if it is difficult?
Can I ask all you women who fell pregnant after having a MEA did you still have your periods after the op..... and if not how did you realise you were preganant.
I did have lighter periods for about 6-7 mos. after ablation.  In June I stopped getting periods so I called the Doctors to have a pregnancy test.  They told me there was NO chance of being pregnant, that sometimes it takes some people longer after ablations to stop bleeding.  I took a home pregnancy test, which was negative so it gave me peace of mind.  In late October I still had no periods, but was extremely sick and tired with sore breasts.  I put off testing thinking I had a touch of the flu.  Finally I tested once again, just to give me piece of mind and to my SUPRISE I was indeed pregnant! (8 weeks) I believe the few mos. of not bleeding allowed my uterus enough time to build a proper lining.  Hope that helps!
Our little peanut is healthy and growing. As of the ultrasound on Weds 9/2, baby is measuring in at 8 weeks 4 days, and heartrate is 194 bpm. Implantation is in a perfect location according to the ultrasound tech and the lining is existant and appears to be healthy. What a relief! Praise God for this wonderful news.
Hello eveyone. I am 30 years old and had a tubal almost 5 years ago. I became pregnant 2 years ago at which time I learned that tubals are not effective, this information came directly from my dr. I had a miscarriage and then my cycles became worse. And after almost 4 years of living on pain pills I had an ablation done in February of 2008. I was told that I would not be able to have any more children.
I also have not had any bleeding since my procedure.

Well for about a week and a half. I have been extremly tired and barely able to hold my head up. I've also been wanting to eat more. I have been thinking it is due to lack of exercise. Well 3 days ago I started becoming extremly nauseous. When I lay down I think I'm gonna hurl, if I eat I feel like I can at any moment. My breast have begun to thicken and have bright blue veins showing and popping out. The are very tender. The only way to help ease the pain is to either massage them or soak them in hot water at which time I have colostrum or milk that comes out. I have also been having a dull aching and at times heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. Not to mention a thick mucus discharge.

I took a test yesterday afternoon and it was negative.

So I guess my question to you all is. Is it ok to stop at the one test and if not how often do you retest? Is it common for woman after having this procedure to go through this?? And if not is it common for the test to come back negative after the procedure??
I had an ablation in November 2007, before that in 2000 i had a tummy tuc. I have also sufferd womb infections in the past leaving my womb severely scarred, I am turning 39 at the end of this year but am planning to have a baby with my fiance, my doctor says it is perfectly fine for me to do so but it still worries me.
So glad I found this site.  I been having problems such as the ones described by so many others.  I'm feeling really sick to my stomach and tired and moody and dizzy at times.  When I can eat or feel like eating, I'll eat until I'm full but feel totally sick later.  My breast hurt and I feel very strange during the day.  I went to the doctor for blood work but have to wait until friday to find out what's going on.  I had ablation done in Jan. 09 and it's now Sept. 09 and have to say I'm a bit worried.  Pg tests came out negative so did the one at the doctors office.  What is going on with me?
I'm a nervous wreck. I think I may be pregnant. I have been nauseous, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, light headed, constipated, my stomach seems huge. I'm 38 and I have three boys. I have had my tubes tied 5 years ago and an ablation 4 years ago due to heavy bleeding after having my tubes tied. I just afraid that if I am, I won't be able to hold the baby to term. I don't want to be excited to have it all taken away. How much hope is there to hold a baby full term? I'm going for bloodwork tomorrow.

mom of three boys
Sorry I forgot a few things, two test came out negative, but I also don't know when my period is because I don't  bleed anymore after the ablation.

mom of three boys
I took several tests.  Talked to my OBG and she didn't want to answer any of my questions about pregnancy.  She simply told me that it was my cycle getting ready to start again even though I had ablation.  I know my body and it sure as heck feels like I'm pg.  Had blood tests done on Wed. and still waiting for results.   I have taken 3 pg tests and all have come back negative.  I'm freaking out over here because husband has had vasectomy and I have had ablation done in december.  I'll be happy either way, I would just like to know and not get passed around like I'm crazy.  Hope all works out for you Mommy with 3 boys.
Hi all!  I read all of your posts and was wanting to see if anyone used a fertility specialist to help them become pregnant after ablation?  I have 6 frozen embroys and really want to consider carrying myself.  We had been in search of a surrogate up until now.  We had 3 and they didn't work out.  I had a tubal and ablation in 07.  I still have light periods.  I was just wondering if doing IVF would help the placement of the embryos.  ANy thoughts or other stories?
Bloodwork came back negative, but if I'm not late yet, what would happen?? I feel like I'm going crazy. I feel pregnant.  

Mom of three boys

Thanks mommeeof2
I had an ablation in March 07 and I went to my regular OB who then sent me to a fertility doctor.  He told me pretty much that is was not possible to become pregnant because my lining is so thin.  I do bleed for about 2-3 days a month, but it is very light.  I am wondering if there is a doctor who deals with Asherman's Syndrome anywhere that would be able to repair the scar tissue like that do for that?  Anyone with thoughts please let me know.  I have been trying to get pregnant for a while and have had no success.  
Still Hoping!!!
I am 35 yo and had a tubal at 30 and an ablation at 31.  I never stopped having a period, I have one every month for about 3-4 days regular flow.  I will be 36 in November and have 2 children.  I realize now that I would like to have another baby.  I was encouraged by family members to have a tubal at 30 due to some congenital heart problems taht run in the family, and had the ablation because of heavy bleeding.  I was curious if you have a period regularly if that means your lining was not removed and is still able to carry a baby if I had a tubal reversal. What are the risk exactly and do you ahve to go on bed rest?

wanting to be a mom of 3
we live in queensland ,aust,i had my tubes done then had to have an ablation were going to get a reversal but we also looked into ivf i wish i hadnt told the doctor about it because of the risk they dont want to take the risks, weve read and reserched but ive talked it over with other doctors and its up to us ,if thats the way you want to go ,dont tell them but get a good doctor to keep an eye on you and scan the babies progress good luck petah21
Mom3boys, I just got blood work back and all is negative but still feeling yucky.  I'm not sure what's going on with my body but it's acting like it's pregnant.  It's a scary feeling when you don't know what else it could be.  I hope we can find some answers soon.  Take care and keep us posted on how your feeling.  I also hope the other ladies on this forum find what they are looking for.  :)
I am a 36 year old mother of two (15 and 7) and had the ablation surgery in September 2007. At that time it seemed like the perfect choice because I had no intention of having any more children. My marriage was ending in divorce and it had not been healthy relationship to begin with. I have recently met someone that I desire to have children with but did not think pregnancy was an option for me. I thought I would do a little research before my annual appointment but all the information I had found was very discouraging. I am so glad to hear there are some women (some even more mature than I) that have had successful and healthy pregnancies and deliveries. I am so glad that I found this website. My faith in God and the encouraging news helps me keep hope alive.
Hi Jewel,

I am currently just about 32 weeks pregnant and had an ablation three and a half years ago.  I have HORRID dreams about delivery.  This is my sixth baby.  Had you ever had a c-section before this delivery?  I am absolutely terrified.  I have a doctors appt tomorrow morning and am hoping to get some questions answered.  I am usually just so overwhelmed with my other little ones at my appts that I cant think to ask questions.  I cant sleep, I actually ended up taking an overdose of ambien just trying to get some sleep one night.  I cant wait for this pregnancy to be over!
No this was my first.  PLEASE do not worry.  It was not bad at all.  I too was soooo worked up prior and when it was done I thought Wow!  And I also had a Hysterectomy.  The only part you need to is to prepare for is when you come home.  You will need a little extra help w/ stairs and your other little ones.  Are your Doc's taking extra precautions in case a hysterectomy is needed?
I am 35 years old.  My husband and I have 3 beautiful children ages 10, 9, and 5.  I had my tubes tied about 4 years ago and the ablation about 2 years ago.  We desperately want another child and it has consumed me for a really long time.  I got my tubes tied because of the opinion of my family, (big mistake), and the abation because of heavy periods.  I called my doctor's office this morning, but had to leave a message with the nurse.  She is supposed to talk to my doctor and call back.  I hardly have any bleeding since the ablation.  I am sitting here with the phone, anxiously awaiting a response.  What response should I expect?  I am trying not to give my hopes up, but it is really hard.  I also wondered how much it costs to get your tubal reversed, as I am sure this will come out of our pockets.  Hopefully if they are even willing to help, I can do some sort of payment plan.  I will keep you all posted, and thank you all for hope.

<
Heather
Well, the doctor's office called.  He said there is no way to reverse my ablation and that I can not conceive another child.  I am so depressed and am feeling pretty defeated as it seems everything has been sort of blowing up in my face lately.  I will pray for all of you who are blessed with pregnancy after ablation.  Thanks for all of your information.  I am going to go cry some more.

<,
Heather
I just happened upon this page because i had a wild hunch today... I had an ablation 3 years ago or was it four.. anyway.... i was married (tech still am i guess)  and no intention of having more kids.  already have 3 wonderful kids at ages 19, 14, and 12.. and an adopted son 18.  well had ablation cause bleeding was so bad i was anemic severely.  now i have a period that is a few hours long once a month.  till this month that is....  i thought... no way... yeah i have a new man but hey we have been together 4 months and nothing so no way now... big surprise.. took the test tonight... according to charts i am6 weeks along... calling dr tomorrow to be seen right away... im scared really bad... i am scared of loosing child and i had other health issues.  i used to have diabetes bad till i lost over 140 pounds due to exercise and a gastric bypass.  im afraid what dr might say and i didnt expect this.  i want child but im also 40
Hi, I just had novasure ablation done 2 weeks ago. My dr. told me I would have dx. lap, and during which he would remove any endo. tissue in the abd. or pelvis. He would do hysterscopy and D&C. The first time I had ever heard the words "endometrial ablation" was when his front desk was scheduling me for surgery. I consented to the surgery, I didn't know what endo. ablation was, but I assumed it was what we discussed concerning the lap. At my follow-up appt. he told me I had stage 2 endo, I asked if it had affected my fertility yet. He said no, that the best time to get pregnant was within 3 months of the surgery. I came home and purchased fertility strips. After a misunderstanding between my gyn and family dr. I was referred to another gyn. I discussed getting preg. again and she told me to do it now. An hr. later after leaving she called me and informed me that I was no longer able to become preg. due to the ablation. She then explained what it meant. I am devastated, I specifically told my gyn not to do anything to cause infertility during the surgery, that I wanted more kids.  I am by no means stupid. I made my wishes clear, and we never discussed the procedure. I have sunk into the deepest depression I have ever been in. Does anyone know if there is any way to reverse novasure? I was supposed to start my period 2 days ago, and it hasn't come yet. Does that mean I don't have any chance?
Hello, I am 39, and had novasure Nov of 2008. I have been FREE of my period and well as totally PMS free since I recovered from the proceedure by the end of December 2008. I have never had children, and my husband and I of 16 years decided we did not want any. I had really bad periods, so my OBGYN said this procedure would be good for me. Well Like I said, I have been PMS and period free for almost a year now, and we had a wild night of sex on October 9th. We were careless and did not use any protection. Now, 11 days later, I feel just icky!!! My boobs hurt, I am very tired, and I want to eat everything in site!!! I have never been pregnant, but could I really be now? Even after the novasure procedure? I am scared, since I have no way missing a period to tell if I am pregnant, should I take a test, even though it has only been 11days, how many days should I wait? I do not want to jump the gun, but the way I feel is just not what normal has been for me in the last year. I totally forgot what is was like to cycle every month, and now I know something is just not right.... worried... Thank you in advance.
I am 36 had tubes tied 13 years ago after my youngest was born had a abilation 10 months ago due  to  heavy heavy bleeding .  I have had no bleeding since the abilation.  The last two weeks I have had lower back pain and going to the bathroom to pee seems way more than normal also have gas.  Any thoughts . could there be any chance i could be pregant?  
I would like information i had my tubes cut tried and burned in April 2001 and an endometrial ablation in 2002.  i have not had any bleeding since the ablation.  We want another child so does any one any advise on how i can make this happen.    
I have/had endometriosis and had two laproscopies to be able to conceive my two children ages 7 and 4. Last year I had an tubal ligation and uterine ablation. Well recently I have been having pregnancy symptoms and have begun to resemble a pregnant woman( 7 different people asked me if I'm pregnant). Up until reading this website I thought it was completely impossible for me to be able to conceive. Now I am questioning the possibility whether I am or not. I will be taking a pregnancy test in the A.M. But if it comes back negative how often should I check. I spotted every month for a few days and the past two months nothing. I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?
i am 42 years old and just sent my oldest to college. my other child is in middle school.   I had my tubes cut, tied and burned following the birth of my 2nd child and had ablation performed due to heavy painful periods in 2002.  I went approximately 2 months without a period and began having them again. My doctor told me I have another condition that cannot be diagnosed prior to an ablation which renders the ablation a failure.   I used birth control for several month until I could not handle the uncontrollable emotional breakdowns that ceased after I went of.  I know that the chances of pregnancy are 1.2-2% after 10 years of a tubal ligation.  But I would really like someone to tell me the chances of getting pregnant with the combination since the ablation obviously didn't work.  And what are the chances of a miscarriage.
There is a possibility of "reversing" ablations.  I am currently being treated in the hopes of being able to get pregnant again after my ablation 4 years ago.  It is difficult, with no guarantees, but it is possible.

I have a Yahoo Group if anyone is interested in sharing information.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pregnancy_After_Ablation/
-Michelle
I had a hydro thermal ablation done 3 years ago.  I also had an ovary removed at that same time.  I did become pregnant, and delivered a healthy 32 week old girl.  She was in the NICU for one month.  She is currently 9 months old and developing normally. I am 42 and my husband is 47.  This was big shocker and huge blessing.  My pregnancy was considered high risk because of the ablation.  I started working half days at 3 months pregnant.  I did have some contractions at 28 weeks and took a fetal phnactin(spelling?) test, which is a protein test to see if you are likely to go into early labor.  It did come out positive.  I was then on bed rest and took leave from work.  One calm evening my water broke and my neonatologist performed an emergency C section.  Always wanted to share this happy ending, as I to used to read everything about ablations.  Good Luck.
I too have found out that I am pregnant at 43 and still in shock!  I had my ablation done over 7 years ago and was told by my doctor that I could NOT have any more children after the procedure.  Well, now at 43 and with 2 children ages 19 and 13 found out this past week that I am indeed pregnant.  No doctors in my area would even see me.  Finally found a high risk doctor over an hour away and will see him on Wednesday.  Very worried about this due to having the ablation and for 7 years have not given it a second thought as to becoming pregnant!     I guess I will learn more after Wednesday.

Jen  
i am glad i found this site maybe some questions someone can help me with. I am 42 years old. Had my tubes tied 19 years ago an eblation done in sept. of 2008. had a few light periods here and there.Can't remember when I had one last I am thinking april or may. Anyway my stomach is getting larger the only place that is getting bigger. Took a home test neg. went to doctor again negative. My stomach looks like I am 7 months pregnant. I have 4 children already 25,24,21,20. Have had some symptoms which led me to taking the test. Can anyone give your opinion on this thank you Juanita
Recently found this site and am loving it!!! I am 31 years old and had an ablation 1 year ago, I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and so far so good!!
Hello ladies, I have been absent for a while..not because I am preggers but I have gotten engaged this year so I have been busy planning our wedding and dealing with life in general.  I know some post and never come back so I wanted to update you guys and read about your updates!!

I see a few names I still recognize...Hey Jewell...and I cant believe your baby is getting ready to be one/has turned one!!! (chkd my last post 10/08)..it has been too long!!

I just went this last week to my doctor and had my ultrasound done..my uterus is looking good, no fibroids & LOTS OF EGGS!!!  He def told me that was a good thing...so I am starting Provera this week to bring on my period (which I am still having) but quicker so he can do the test for my uterine lining and any tubal scarring as I had a tubal ligation 9yrs ago...after that if everything is good he will do the tubal reversal and he is also going to start me on a hormone to help build my lining back up..but the funny thing was he wasn't even phased by the novasure procedure..not because of not doing it but because he says the dctrs are finding it's not working and more and more younger women are becoming preggers and he will probably stop offering it to his younger patients.  I was 30 when I had my ablation and am now 36..so we are staying prayerful..

My background for those who dont know..I have 3 girls 17,15 & 9..1st husband passed away & now I am engaged to a wonderful man who only has 1 daughter and we are praying for a boy!

So I am gonna be back in full effect keeping you guys updated.  Someone asked me before about insurance paying for my tubal reversal surgery and it does 100%...so that is a relief too and I am also working with a Fertility & gynecology office for this so they already specialize in high risk pregnancies.  Ok I have typed enough..gonna try to go back and catch up on eveybody.

Shannon
It was explained to me that the younger you are when you have the ablation..the less chance of it taking.  I was 30 also and after a year of no periods they came back..the younger you are the quicker your lining may build back up.  After I start my cycle and he chks for scarring then he is gonna start me on something to build my lining up..but from the freq/flow it might be thicker than we think.

I know some of us are trying after a tl & ablation what vitamins are you taking to help get your body pregnancy ready?  Right now I just do a vitamin..wondering should I do some folic acid, iron, etc.....

Michelle I signed up to join your group.

Shannon
I am a 37 yr old mother of 4 children 16, 13, 8 and 5. I had my tubes tied four yrs ago and an ablation 2 yrs ago. I am recently remarried and interested in conceiving. My GYN has referred me to  Fertility Specialist. They preformed a mock embryo transfer and believe that my uterus is stuck together??? He implied they could fix this and a previous test of my hormones and ultrasound to check my endometrial lining was ok.....They are trying to discourage me and continuously suggest a surrogate....I am finding it extremly difficult to find anyone who is supportive of my decision to conceive. Can any one please tell me of any references that you may have found helpful? Thank you so much!
Hey Shannon, glad to see you back. Ava is almost 18 mos. now.  Time has gone so fast.  Hope your doing well and good luck with your procedure!  Let me know if I can help with any questions or concerns.

Julie
Julie, thanks..wow I know I have been gone too long now..so she is almost 2?...that's little Ava right?  We are doing well...I think waiting for my cycle to come is the longest wait it seems...I just wanna know if they can do the reversal?...should I be taking any vitamins besides a multi to get my body ready?  

HannahB...most doctors don't wanna touch us w/a 10ft pole..but I would keep trying & praying to find the right doctor who will help you...as I said before the clinic I am dealing with never acted as if this was impossible..I say keep looking..have u tried chapel hill...I know they were my next choice if the clinic here in AR couldn't/wouldn't help.  GL!

Shannon
I'm 33 yrs and had an eblation about 3yrs ago, for the past few months I have felt like ****, gained back some wieght that I worked hard to lose, for the last 2 1/2 wks I have been so sick in the evenings it's not even funny.  And to top it off I've been having flutters in my stomach.Some days it's like 4-5 times a day. I've also had some "diferent" food cravings. I took a test 1 1/2 mo ago and of course it was neg. I didn't think I wanted another child but I've had 2 new babies born to my family this year and I think I might want to have another one. I have 2 boys age 12 and fixing to be 11. After my eblation my periods were still every month but only 2-3 days very, very lite. Well I havn't had one in 3 almost 4 months.  I think it is time to call the doc.
Thanks for your encouragement! I am currently seeing a dr. at Shady Grove in MD. They recommended Chapel Hill for the tubal reversal. I am due to have a hysteroscopy in the next week and after that...hopefully off to Chapel Hill. My GYN didnt even want to discuss it! He pushed me right off to Shady Grove.....they have been OK...they have dropped the ball ALOT!!!!!! I am disappointed with my care here however, as I stated before, its been extremely difficult to find a dr. willing to help! I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!
Wingib...I think you should be calling the dctr asap because if you are preg..u are gonna probably be classified as high risk..so if you are you want to be on top of it. Let's us know what you find out!

HannahB..Chapel Hill from what I have heard is awesome..the only thing is they don't take insurance & mine will pay for my TR..so they are saying that I would have to pay out of pocket & then try to get reimbursed besides the travel expenses plus my dctr here has been real helpful..but def log on their site and join their message board if you haven't...awesome info there!

I think the dctrs are finding out that the ablation procedures aren't working so they aren't gonna come out and say we need to change this or relook at it's effects.  Then the doctor's wanna push us off on other people...in my personal opinion it shouldn't even be offered to women under 40...jmo...but I am glad there are more of us out here..doctors are merely educated guesser's so they can/will be wrong..keep going & trying and I will help cheer you along.

I wish a lot of us lived closer...I am also thinking of submitting something to Discovery Health channel..u know there are lots more of us out there!

Shannnon
Hi everyone,
I am 42 years old and my husband is 50. He has a child from a previous relationship who is 26 and we have two adopted children 11 and 12. I had an ablation and tubal in 2007. We did not think we wanted more children; however, recently we have been discussing getting pregnant. I know we are against all odds. I hear your sucess stories. I wanted to know if any of you have suggestion for supportive doctors and places to turn to start this journey.

Rosa
I am 42 and I had an ablation about a year ago.  Everything went well.  I still have a very light period each month lasting on 1 - 2 days if that.  I'm on a 28 day cycle and its like clock work until this month.  I'm only 2 days late but still a little worried and concerned.  I did take a preg test yesterday and it was negetive.  My breast have been alittle sore and I've been more emotional and crying alittle.  It comes and goes.  I know that when your about to start your period your hormones kick in and do the same thing.  Any suggestions or ideas?  Please let me know.

Michele
Keep taking the test or call your dctr's office to have them do the test if your cycle doesn't appear...better to be safe and know than not know..
I went to the doctors today for a hysteroscopy. This was done to evaluate the condition of my uterus after an ablation. I am currently going to Shady Grove Fertility in Maryland, in my opinion they are not very familiar with ablation or encouraging pregnancey afterwards! A few months ago a mock embryo transfer revealed that there may have been scar tissue built up. Well, today the doctor told me that when he went in for the hysteroscopy, there was scar tissue and that my uterus seems to have shrunk? Refusing to accept his opinion that a pregnancy would not be in the cards for me, I immediately began explaining to him the research that I have done regarding this issue and he seemed suprised and said that after an ablation most pregnancies are not successful! I told him about this website and of the many women that prove his opinion wrong!!!!!! He did not like that!!!!!! I asked him if he attempted to remove the scar tissue and he said no! He also told me that a laperoscopy would better tell me what my uterus looked like as a whole! However, he did not suggest it, he dismissed moving forward. I went there with hope and left feeling sooooo frustrated! Does anyone know of a doctor in Maryland willing to help patients hoping to achieve pregnancy after an ablation? Any help would be most appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Hey Hannah...I really hate to hear that..I am not in your area but I hope you can find a doctor who is willing to help you. Don't give up..there has to be someone who will listen and help you...as we know it is attainable!  I wish you lived closer...my doc is really helpful!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went for my HSG test on Wed...Dr says there is a little scarring on my uterus which is from the Novasure...so our next course of action will be a) he wants to go in and clean up the scarring and insert a balloon in my tubes to keep them open...b) he will then go in and do the tubal reversal.  He wasn't worried about my lining so I must have enough but he said he still wants to put me on hormones to help build it back up.  I go for my consult for my treatment plan on the 17th!!
can you tell me the name of the procedure they are doing to clean up the scarring? That will be helpful to know! Thanks again!
I found this sight trying to find out if it was in fact possible to concieve (conceive) after both a tubal litigation and an ablation. I am so shocked to find so many women out there have concieved and relieved to hear of so many successes, yet I am still beyond terrified. I am 28 years old. I had a tubal litigation 2 1/2 yrs after after delivering my 3 rd child by c-section (all three were c-section) in Sept of 2008 I had the ablation due to heavy bleeding from having 3 c-sections, but my periods NEVER stopped, they just went from nearly 2 wks long to a "normal" 4-6 days, but they always come like clock work!!  I never dreamed I could get pregant after both procedures but here I am 2 weeks late!!

Scared and worried
I have searched forever for a website like this. Iam 27 years old and I have been through hell the last 2 years. By the time I was 19 I had two beautiful daughters. I was suffering horribly from migraines and very painful and heavy bleeding. I was young and stupid and just wanted a "Cure now". I had a tubal when I was 21 and 3 years later had an ablation from the heavy bleeding. Then in 2007 my daughter  who was perfectly healthy was diagnosed with Leukemia battled it for 7 long  months and at the age of 10 passed away from Leukemia, it has been devestating to our family, I  now have one daughter who is 8 and a husband who has no children of his own. Im being told it is impossible to have any more children. I live in Illinois, any suggestions, or good doctors you can refer me too?  We are just trying to hold onto any hope of having some happiness in our home again.
(from previous post)

Also to add to my last post, I know getting my tubes reversed isnt the problem its the ablation. Please give me the names of the tests any of you girls have gotten done after ablation, and if anyone knows of any high risk doctors in the illinois area that would be willing to listen to me. Thank you so much

***@****
I took at home pg test today and it was negative, but my period still hasn't started and my boobs hurt like crazy!!! How long did it take for a positive result to come up for those who have become pregant??
Hello, first of all I hope I posted this on the right forum..LOL..

I just had a Novasure endometrial ablation on 10/22. Since I go to the VA this took several months to get approved.  I've never wanted a child before and had since realized that this is because every relationship I've been in (two marriages and a couple "so called" boyfriends) has been abusive. When I was 25 and married to a raging alcoholic and when I found out I was pregnant, I cried. I ended up having a miscarriage after a mere six weeks.

Since after my decision to get the ablation, I have finally met someone whom I have developed a healthy relationship with (friends first) and I finally have the good old biological clock I missed out on. I was told that pregnancy could be very dangerous to mother and child, but I was hoping to hear some positive stories. Yes, I know this was not too long ago that I had the ablation done, but I wanted to find out about this. My fiancee lives overseas and if it is going to be so bad it endangers both me and child, I need to make sure I DON'T get pregnant. Perhaps adoption could be an option. Sorry for the long post. Btw, I am 43 and yes I know that already carries a high risk..thank you in advance
Welcome to all the new ladies!  

Here's my update...saw Dr. yesterday..at first he wanted to do 2 seperate procedures but since my insurance pays for the TR he is going to do everything at once..sidenote..hannahb not sure of the name of the procedure will ask though....so he is going to insert the balloon, do the tr and clean the scarring all at once.  I am on Provera again to bring on my period and give me a shot of Lupron (sp?) to thin the lining so he can see the scar tissue real good..this is given between the 2 & 5th day of the cycle and then I will get everything done at once...he is also gonna put me on hormones to build my lining back up..he said my ultrasound showed that when my ablation was done..it's like a fan that spreads out only mine didn't spread far enough out which is why I still have cycles etc...so that is what he will be cleaning out..whew!!!  So my surgery should be sometime next month.

To all the new ladies...get informed..go back and read the pages of this forum..and one of the girls here created a yahoo group as well.

If you want to get pregnant try to find a high risk dctr who is knowledgeable about the ablations.  Check to see what ur insurance pays for..I have been very fortuante to have a lot of my tests, procedures incl. the tr paid for through them.  Be honest with your dctr, they need to know everything..mine has been so helpful and has not once made the ablation a BIG issue..he is watching that though.

Tanya, not sure about Dctrs in your area but for where I lived I googled..dctrs who do TR's and fertility dctrs and found mine that way...hth!!
I'm looking to have my tubal reversed and i'm in the early stages of my research.  One test i've had already was a saline infused ultrasound where saline was injected between the uterus wall and the lining to measure the thickness of the lining.  Luckily, it looks like my ablation was a completely failed procedure.  Of course i knew that when i resumed my heavy periods immediately following the procedure but this confirmed it.  I started with my OB/GYN.  She did the ultrasound and then gave us the go-ahead to speak to a fertillity specialist about the reversal.  It could still be risky, but a healthy lining is the first step. She will also do the labs required by the fertility specialist at the consultation.  

Any comments from medical professionals or someone who has a healthy child following ablation and tubal reversal?   i haven't found many happy endings but then i only found a study of 113 pregnancies where 112 were unplanned.  i'm looking for more positive results considering i still have a healthy looking uterine lining.  Please direct me to the success stories.
I haven't seen that many on here as far as a successful pregnancy after an ablation & tr.  We will be the first but like you my ablation wasn't a 100% successful and like I said my doc is watching for things but he isn't stressing (lack of a better word) it.  He did tell me I would be considered high risk.

With prayer, knowledge, and lots of support I think we will be fine.  told the doc I wanted to be knocked up by my bday which is in September so we will see!
Hey everyone I just found out that I am pregnant after have a uterine ablation just over 2 years ago. I started having a period the month after the ablation and have been having one ever since.  I am in Colorado and I am looking for a doctor to help me through this pregnancy, I want to carry and deliver a healthy baby.  If anyone can help me with a doctor suggestion that have dealt with this please let me know. I have called my ob/gyn and they have never had a pregnancy after ablation, called several other places and they have no answers for me either. I am fairly young and clearly I still have some lining or I would not have a week long period each month, I hope it is enough to sustain the pregnancy.  Thanks for any advice!!
Welcome to the site...maybe you can google high risk doctors in your area or ask the doctors for referrals..I hope their is someobody here who can help.  Congrats!!!!
I am new to the group too... I am 41 and I had my ablation in March because of excessive bleeding each month.  I have had no bleeding at all since the procedure, and was told by a doctor that I was not cycling anymore and in menopause... Although the test shows negative, my body is showing positive in EVERY way...  I am TERRIFIED!   We have 2 boys, 5 and 7... I have no idea what my risks would be...  any words of wisdom?  or encouragement?  Or of what I should do now?
I am now 25 weekds pregnant after having an abltaion 1 1/2 years ago....After everyone not believeing the pregnancy was going to carry through, my little girl is surprising everyone!!! Dr's say that my cervix is great, the baby is growing beautifully, and the placenta is exactly where it is supposed to be, the Dr's call her a " miracle baby".....So for everyone going through this hang in there and keep your faith, sometimes miracles do happen!!!
Roxxi congrats on ur pregnancy..God is willing and able if we have faith!!!  So glad u & the baby ae doing well!!

Jendeloe I would call my doctor so they can give u a blood test for pregnancy and find a high risk doctor in case the test is positive.

Ladies I just got the call today!!!  My doctor will be doing my TR on 1/14..also another hsg & hysterscopy (sp?).  Please keep us in your prayers...we are on our way to a BFP!!!!!

Shannon
Congratulations and good luck!
Thanks Hannah...I sent u a note...check ur inbox!
Thank You....I am still taking things day by day, but I have faith that this was meant to be, seeing as this is my husbands first child!!
Well ladies I had my pre-op appt.. yesterday...the surgery is gonna take 3 1/2- 4 hrs..he is gonna untie my tubes first..he is gonna go in through my c-section scar..retie my tubes and then shoot dye in them to make sure they are open...after that he is gonna go in and clean up  the scarring in my uterus and insert a balloon to keep eveyrthing open during the healing process..

I got lots of scripts for drugs too..so I will be back on to update you guys after everything is done.  Stay encouraged ladies!!

Shannon
hello all! I am 23 years old and a mother to 2 boys. I am now divorced and living with my boyfriend. 2 years ago I had my tubes tide, and about 5 months ago I had a uterine ablation due to heavy periods. i would love to have a baby someday with my boyfriend but I am not sure how to go about it! Someone PLEASE help! what would be my first step?
Hello everyone I stumbled on your posts and I have to say I am surprised at all the "miracles" that have happened. I was told after my tubal that I would not become pregnant, which I was absolutely fine with, (at the time). I am 24 years old, I have a 5 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old. My tubes were tied at Sep 23, 2008, I had an ablation March 17, 2009. I REALLY want another baby. I have all boys and would love to have another baby. My sister(s) who gave birth to girls, one after a miscarriage, and my friend is pg, and now my sister in law is pg as well. I will be honest here and say every morning and every night when I pray I pray for a baby. I am also a social drinker, and have prayed and vowed to stop drinking at the "get togethers" if only I can have 1 more baby.

I am a very happy person, but when I have a baby in my hands I become so content with everything that is around. I SOOO want another baby. Please help me succeed. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you So Much!!!!
At the risk of sounding repetitive..I would read back over the  thread at some of the ladies stories and take advice from the posts.  My journey is on here as well..  I basically googled fertility doctors in my area and made an appt.  also checked with my insurance as to what was available to me as far as benefits.  I also started reading & researching about pregnancies after ablations/tr.  I just had my TR a couple of days ago..so I am in the healing process..find a fertility or high risk doctor in ur area, be honest about everything and start there..  Being informed is key.
Everybody else..my surgery went well...my dctr even gave me b4 & after pics of my uterus and said everything looks good.  I am sore and go tomorrow to have the balloon stint removed and my check up.  Other than that I have lots of meds...antibiotics & premarin..which is a hormone pill & pain pills...Be back soon!

Shannon
Hi everyone!!!  I had my tubes cut and burned in Oct 2008, after I delivered my second child.  I have been divorced twice and I thought that I would not want to have another baby.  After my tubal, I had really painful periods, to where I couldn't even walk at times.  So my doctor advised me about an endometrial ablation (Novasure).  I had the procedure done in Nov 2009.  I have met a wonderful amazing man, and I know that he would love to have a child of his own.  He is aware of what i have had done, and I have told him that I can't have kids, and he is fine with that.  However, I would like to know my options if we ever decided we did want to try.  I have done some research and most of it shows that women are choosing to do in vitro instead of a tubal reversal.  Can someone please tell me where to start?????

Thank you all for your help, and I enjoyed reading about your stories.
Well, after 7 years post ablation I had never had a period from that day. Three weeks ago I ended up in the ER w/sever abdominal pain and last week I ended up in the ER again and this time w/severe abdominal pain and heavy bleeding- gushing everywhere! I told the ER dr and nurses it can't be a period because I haven't had one in seven years. An ultrasound was done a week ago and detected fibroids but they were small. A CT scan showed that my uterine lining had regenerated itself and was thick and healthy and my ob/gyn started me on hormones (birth control pills)- yeah, I'm having a period for the first time in seven years!! I can't believe it! I had to go out and by pads!
I had my tubes tied w/my proceedure years ago because my husband at the time was completely usless and he wasn't supporting the baby we already had and figured I was done anyway. Well, I've been divorced for 4 1/2 years ago. I'm 34 and had almost remarried last year, but it wasn't a good relationship. After what I've been through this past week and reading your posts, I wonder if I should not go through with the hysterectomy. Maybe I should wait and see if I ever remarry and maybe have one more?? My mother's youngest sister just had a baby at 41 yrs old and my grandmother had children at 40 and 42, so I know ther is time. Do I sound crazy?
What amazing stories you all have. I had my boys when I was 18 and 22. My boys are now 13 and 9. I had my tubes tied 10yrs ago this June. I had the ablation done 2 years ago due to heavy bleeding and anemia. I am now 32 and would love to have another baby with my husband of 14yrs. After my ablation I had a period the very next month, started out moderate and has lightened up 2-3 days light, but I have clots that arent. I asked my doctor today and he said that I should give up all hopes of EVER getting pregnant. I am so SAD cause I would love to have another baby lord's willing a baby girl. HELP what do you ladies think?
Hi everyone! I am new to this so I hope I am doing it right lol!  I have been reading the posts here, the good and the bad. I am surprised by all the good outcomes on here, there is hope!! My situation is this I am 36, I had an ablation 4yrs ago(due to heavy/anemia), but I have had periods every month since then. They are not as heavy, but they make a statement lol! My periods are like clock work(to the day), EVERY month, never have missed one. This last month, I didn't get my normal period and now I am 2 1/2 weeks late for it. I have taken at least 6 hpt and all say negative(the last test was 2 days ago). I have the classic prego symptoms(boobs,nausea,tired,moody and now lightheaded). This is not my first trip around the park! I have 4 kids! So I know I feel prego..but it tells me no! Besides, with the ablation I was told the routine" never going to have kids,blah,blah" by the doctor 4 yrs ago. But then I read how some of you ARE prego after that and it makes me curious! Does anybody have any ideas/advice for me? I think I am losing my mind, but I am too young for that LOL!! I appreciate you all reading this,it feels good to be in good company and have somewhere to turn to for support,answers and hope! Thanks again!
Just to update I am now 27 weeks pregnant after a post ablation 1 1/2 years ago....I am glad to say that everything has gone great, the Dr's are calling my baby girl a miracle. iIstill go for U/S every 2 weeks, and thank god no complications thus far...we will continue to keep our fingers crossed, the doctors don't see any reason that we will not be able to have a perfectly normal vaginal birth and are very optimistic of the outcome.....
Hi all I am 27 years old, I have had an ablation and tubal ligation done at the same time on June 3 , 2009. I have 2 kids already, girl almost 6 years and boy almost 3 years, my son was born with gastroschisis(bowels outside body) he has certain issues now but otherwise is well. I have not had a period since the procdure, didnt even bleed after the surgery. only about 4 times have i had a "bloody" dischrge...my thing is I have felt "flutters" in my belly that have come and gone real quick, a "burning" sensation in my lower uterus and tenderness of my breast. and bad heartburn...I have been wqalking 2 miles a day taking my daughter to and from school but still havent lost any weight...could I be pregnat?  any advice from you guys on here? Thanks for any help.
I WOULDN'T GET A HYSTERECTOMY just yet!  I had my TL about 10 yrs ago..just had my TR..I had the Novasure about 4 yrs ago..had the scarring from that cleaned up.  If you want to have another child don't do it..babies after ablation is not impossible.  I am 36 so hang in there for a while.

Shannon
Ok reading all this is just plain scary! I had one ablation in 1998 and had to have it repeated in 1999. I have had NO periods since. I've been told that there is never a chance of me getting pregnant again. I'm 43 years old with a 21 and 18 year old. I'm recently re-married and he had a vascetomy about 5 years ago however, he was never re-tested afterwards. I've lately been having those tell tale symptoms... you know, nausa, bloating, etc... MOST of the same symptoms that I had with my other pregancies. I did do a pregnancy test today and it came out negative. Am I just crazy or what??? Trust me I DO NOT want to be pregnant. My husband has 3 children of his and I have my two. Not to mention that my 18 year old was born with a congenital heart defict and had open heart surgery at 5 days of age. I finally was able to bring him home after a 33 day hospital stay. I've been told that I have a greater than 50% chance of having another child with the same problem. However, abortion is just not an option for me. Not that I don't believe in choice because I certainly do, but because I just can't do it. But the thought of putting another child through what my son went though is almost too much to think about. Oh did I also mention that I'm post gastric bypass, 145lbs lighter and had a tummy tuck and my boobs put back where they belong? So I have numbness in both breasts and all along my abdomin (abdomen). So I feel all kinds of weird flutters in my belly all the time... With my long history would it even be possible? But reading everything on here just scares me to death! Anyway, thanks for having a place where I can at least get this off my chest. Good Luck to all of you - I wish you all the very best!
I'm 36 (2 kids, divorced), had ablation almost 2 years ago.  Have been feeling really horrible lately and took a home test last week - POSITIVE, like in about 5 seconds!  I freaked out, told my boyfriend (who's 47, with 2 kids) and we have been in shock ever since.  I have an ultrasound scheduled later today.  Very nervous.  I had cramping and low back pain over the weekend - but no bleeding.  I can't believe I'm pregnant but a blood test i had Friday at the doctor verified that I was b/c of high hcg levels.  We'll see what happends today at the ultrasound.  I hate the thought of going through this and ending up having a miscarriage - especially after several months.  I have NO idea how far along I am b/c I really wansn't getting regular periods since the ablation!  Thanks for letting me vent!  :-)
Just an update, I had ultrasound on two days ago, I was 7 weeks 3 days. Heard the heartbeat and all looks good so far.  Still having cramping on & off so I'm still nervous.  I guess after an ablation you're really never totally out of the woods once your're pregnant.  Next Dr. appt is in 2 weeks.  I'm sure I'll be completely nervous about every little pain between now and then.  Wish me luck.
I'm so glad I found this discussion. It does me good to know I'm not alone and that there are success stories out there. I had the ablation less than 2 years ago. My regular dr. has never had a case like this so I also see a specialist. I am 16 weeks now. The specialist is not very optimistic, especially since I never started having a full period after my surgery, only spotting. I'm trying my best to be optimistic despite his comments. I will be 35 when I deliver and I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy, so I may have it again. I am blessed to have the support of close friends and I believe in the power of prayer. I'm afraid to be very public about my pregnancy. I have many friends that I talk to but don't see often, and a lot of family that doesn't know. I want to tell the world about it, but at the same time, I don't know that I can deal with everyone's grief along with mine if something happens. I look forward to talking with all of you.
Amy
I am so happy to hear you are staying positive Amy...The Doctors always seem to be cautiously optimistic.  I believed in the power of prayer and I made it thru with flying colors!  Listen to your body, relax and try to take it very easy.  I will pray for you, so please keep me updated with your progress.  My little miracle is going to be 2 in May...so it is possible.

VKLefty-I seemed to have moree cramping w/ this pregnancy as well...try not to make yourself crazy.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  If you have any questions, ask and I'll try to help...
I just found out Monday that I am pregnant after a balloon ablation in 2008.  I am 41 yrs old and have had tummy tuck, breast lift, and Lapband.  I really was not expecting this.  My boyfriend has two kids 13 and 18 and I have one that is 9.  Neither of us believe in abortion nor did either want more children.  My doctor says everything looks normal and did not seem concerned about the fact he did an ablation 2 yrs ago.  I requested he send me to a specialist just to be safe.  My doc says I am the first patient he has seen get pregnant but says there is nothing to worry about.  
He says because my periods never fully stopped that the ablation was not a success.  I did however go from 6 to 7 day cycle to a 3 or 4 day.  I thought that was successful.  Does anyone think because I was having a period that my ablation is not a factor?
I still had lighter periods for awhile...I know the more you bleed  means the more lining you have left.  There still are things that they have to watch, but they must believe you have enough lining to sustain the pregnancy.  Get a good Doctor that specializes in high risk, not just because your ablation, but your age will be a factor as well.
Hello Ladies,
It is so nice to see that there are other women out there, like me.  I just turned 30, I had an ablation in January of 08.  I have four kids, 3,5,7 and a 10 yr old step daughter.  I recently remarried in December and my husband and I would soooo love to have a child of our own.  I have looked on the internet, for just about everything you can think of, concerning babies. lol  I usually spot one day a month, but I still have all of my period symptoms, cramping, bloating, etc...just not bleeding.  My husband and I have looked into adoption and surrogacy.  But "ideally" it's not what we would like to happen.  I have call my OBGYN and his nurse returned my call and said there is absolutely nothing they could do for me, since I have had an ablation.  But I still search the web almost daily, to see if there is anything new out there, for women who have had ablations.  I will keep my head up, it is great to read all the posts on here.  Thanks and best wishes.
I am in the same situation..I had the Novasure back in '04 just had a tubal reversal 1/14/10.  I just had a follow up ultrasound and my lining is only 5.3 mm and I need to be an 8.  I have to go back to the dctr per my ob to see about some estrogen therapy to help build my lining...also get another HSG for my tubes to make sure there wasn't a lot of scar tissue..  Keep being proactive and learn all you can so you will be ready when u start seeing these doctors and pray!  I did my pity party thing but now it is time to pray & exercise my faith since this is what my FI & I want.

Hey Jewell....are we the only ones left on here?  Hope all is well with you and your family!

Shannon
Looks like it Shannon...Keep the faith and I'll keep you in my prayers!
I am 33.  I have 3 beutiful girls, 4, 2, 9 months.  I had an ablation in August 09, for abnormal periods etc.  I was sure I was DONE having kids for many reasons.  My husband had a vasectamy in October of 2009.  We got the all clear in January 2010.  Today I am going to do a pregnancy test...we'll see.  I am so scared for so many reasons...but don't want to freak out uneccesarily...but it truly would be a miricle.  I too have continued to have regular periods and bleed for 3 days instead of 7-10 like before.  I thought that my ablation was a success.  I will keep you all posted.  -Mandy
Just to update, I'm now almost 10 weeks.  I've still had on and off cramping, but no spotting.  I have a Dr appt scheduled for next week (3/11).  I'm hoping to hear a heartbeat for the 2nd time to put my mind a rest for awhile.  Even though this was TOTALLY unexpected and I thought I was done with kids - I'm excited and praying all will go well over the next 6 1/2 - 7 months!  My boyfriend and I are holding off telling our kids until after the Dr appt next week.  We each have 2 kids, 4 total (ages 15, 10, 8 &5) - they are going to be SHOCKED!

WISH ME LUCK and I'll update after my Dr appt next week!
So encouraged by what I am reading...Jewell please stay on this site for all of us!
Shannon...I am still here.
-Mandy
Thank you so much for the post.  I am optimistic and I plan to see a specialist soon.  
The past couple of days, I have had severe lower back pain, and dark urine.  I haven't felt well, lots of cramping and fatigue.  I may hit the doc, sooner than I had planned.  I wish all the ladies on here all the best.  Your stories have helped me to keep some hope alive.
But ultimately, it is in God's hands.

Thanks,
Melissa
Praise the Lord, I got my period.  But I don't know what was going on with my body to have had so many CLEAR pregnancy signs.  I am going to make an appointment with my doctor on Monday.  Good Luck to all!  -MJury

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant after balloon ablation in 2007.  I have 4 children - twins of 10, a 9 year old and a 5 year old.  I am now in a new relationship and my partner has 2 children 10 and 7.  I was pregnant towards the end of last year but had a miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks. I went for a scan yesterday after being convinced I had lost this baby - very heavy bleeding- but was told it was there and had a heartbeat.  I'm now taking it very easy ( as easy as you can with 4 kids!) and just taking a day at a time!
Take it easy and good luck!  I'll be praying for you!
Hi im so happy to found this site! im 36 will b 37 in june and recently divorced w/2 kids ages 5 and 10, and im now in a relationship with someone i would love to have a child with. he feels the same. i had a thermal ablation about 3 yrs. ago and also my tubes tied 5 yrs. ago. so im so happy to hear the positive outcomes of these pregnancies after an ablation. i have been researching it alot, and even talked with a preg. clinic an in vitro clinic matter of fact who told me she was 99.9% sure i could not have a baby, and so i got depressed. but now im excited cause im gonna go see a specialist and get another opionion. my boyfriend wants to do in vitro, and so do i. i hope it works out for us, he doesnt have any kids...ever since my ablation i have had heavy period still like i never even had anything done, i have cramps, everything that goes with your period, i even have periods sometimes twice a mth. and they last 5-7 days usually, first 3 days are heavier, but anyways i have read some of the stories and most people are sayin if your periods are still heavy and the same, then there is a good chance to have a baby am i rt? please everyone pray for me i really want another baby so much!  any thoughts on thinkin i maybe can have a miracle...
For those of you who are pregnant after an ablation, could you let me know who your doctors are.  I am trying to get pregnant after an ablation, but can not seem to find a doctor to help me!!!  Thanks
Hello i am a 28 year old mother of 3 i have a  7,6,3 year old children.my question is has anyone found any valid info in uteruses actually healing and allowing pregnancy to accur? I would love to hold on to the hope that before i turn 30 that i may get pregnant.
I to gave to the pressure of my hubby and family telling me to get my tubes tide and then about 1 or 2 years ago i had an ablazion done because of heavy periods.
I regret both decisions with my whole heart and i pray that GOD will reverse all of it for me...i am curious about the procedures thati read about from several of you about a treatment to thicken the lining of the uterus?! keep th eforums updated because i also would love to know what doctors are doing that kind of treatment..Thanx
Hi.  I went for my 6 weeks + 6 days scan yesterday and unfortunately I've lost the baby again.  Sorry to bring bad news to all who are hopeful but it is best to be realistic.  I have now been pregnant twice since my ablation and both times I have lost the baby after having had scans showing a heartbeat.  I had said that that was definitely my last try - now there is some part of me thinking "third time lucky?".  I really don't know what to do.  Its hard getting pregnant only to then lose it.  I'm also still feeling pregnant - sick and tender breasts which I've been told might last up to a couple of weeks.xx
Hello everyone,
I had the Novasure ablation 2 years ago. I found out by accident last week I am 12 weeks pregnant. I am 43yrs old and have 5 wonderful children. I also am a critical care nurse and can't stop myself from getting information on endometrial ablations and pregnancy. I am the first patient in my Dr's practice to become pregnant after ablation and she is not sure exactly how to move forward other than referring me to a high-risk specialist. I have read a ton of information and am really scared. I believe in life, but not at the risk of my own. Did any of you have to be on bed rest due to the acretta or any other reason? I fear that lifting heavy patients and dealing with combative patients will do more harm than good and I'm looking to do the best job I can keeping us healthy and alive. Any feedback is appreciated!
I had a Accreta and I was put on bed rest pretty early on...definately could not do heavy lifting.  Good luck and stay hopeful!
Hi girls

I am so glad i found this forum..i had ablation done in 2002 and am currently going through IVF to have another baby...I have had 3 FETs and all a BFN...i have a period every month 28 days and have a luathal phasre of 16 days...I have had all the scan and tests done to get this far...But i don't have a full endometiem i only have Patches of endo..and it is making it very hard for me to fall pregnant....i get two my test day and find out it negtivie it is very heart breaking every time...and very costly...but wish you all luck and please try baby Aspirin it helps your lining thinken up and makes it heathly...My FS says it can help and won't do no harm....and take your ELEVIT everyday...its so importanat
Thanks Jewell! I have an appointment at the high risk doc tomorrow, hopefully all will go well. I heard the heartbeat last week at my regular OB/GYN office visit and that was awesome! I can feel the fluttering, and it all feels like a miracle...I guess I am still very guarded in my feelings just waiting for the bomb to drop. Hopefully after tomorrow some questions will have been answered
Kelly
We went to the high risk Dr yesterday. He will be taking over my care. He answered all of our questions and listenend to all of our concerns. My husband and I feel very comfortable with this transition of care. Hopefully things will continue to progress the way they have thus far, and in 5-6 months have a healthy baby!
Please keep me updated!!!  I'll keep you in my prayers...
I am new to this board. I am 9 weeks pregnant after an ablation in 2007. Drs told me I couldn't get pregnant. None of my drs have ever had anything like this happen. I was hospitalized for bleeding this past weekend. I had an US and the baby is growing fine, Heart rate is great. Im really nervous. I have been taking it easy.
I have had 2 miscarriages now after an endometrial ablation that was performed 4 years ago.  I desperately want another baby and apparently have no problem whatsoever getting pregnant.  Does anyone know of any treatments at all that are out there that can help me with my situation?

I have maintained a period every month starting 6 months after my ablation.  Pregnant twice with two miscarriages, the first at 5 weeks and the second at 8 weeks.  
Hello... just an update.  I'm 14 weeks now (ablation 2 years ago) and have had 3 ultrasounds so far - all have been good.  Heard the heartbeat again on Friday. So far, so good.  

To Jewell,
Just curious, you mentioned that your Dr. diagnosed accreta.  Do you remember when they did that and then when were you put on bed rest?  My next ultrasound is May 7th and my high-risk OB said he could probably tell by then how the placenta is attached.

vklefty-I had the accreta diagnosed at 20-21 week ultrasound...I had already been on moderate bedrest at around 16 weeks because I was having contractions.  It wasn't strict, just relax, no lifting and things like that.

Nicky-  I do not know of any treatments for you...I do know that in the past I have had multiple miscarriages prior to the ablation...sometimes there is NO reason.  Something just isn't right.  Good luck
Just to recap, I had an ablation in Feb 2009, and in Aug 2009, I discovered I was pregnant. Although we weren't actually trying to conceive, it was a welcome surprise since my husband and I tried for over 7 years before the ablation.

I had my (perfectly healthy) baby girl on March 31, 2010 at about 38 wks gestation. I had to be induced due to low amniotic fluid, which had NOTHING to do with the ablation. My OB was aware that I wanted a normal vaginal delivery and was very open to it. However, we (OB, husband and I) were prepared for any emergency that could happen...emergency c-section, possible hysterectomy due to hemorrhaging, retained placenta, etc. Fortunately, I had a great OB who had experience with post-ablation deliveries and knew exactly what he was doing. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, uneventful delivery.

The last 9 months was quite the adventure and sometimes a bit scary, but with faith and many prayers, we have our beautiful little girl to prove that with God all things are possible.
Update: We got the nuchal translucency test back. I am a 1 in 22 risk for Down Syndrome, and 1 in 1286 for trisomy 13 and 18. Not great but not horrrible either. 1 in 22 is about 4.5% Down Syndrome, and 94.5% "normal" healthy baby. Also, went for another US and checkup, things are progressing just as they should. I feel fabulous! Going to high-risk OB again on the 20th. We still need to decide whether to do an amnio then or wait till later on. Almost 16 weeks and ecstatic!
Kelly
I too had bleeding in the early weeks of pregnancy, but according to my OB, it's quite normal in some pregnancies. Although I admit, it wasn't very encouraging to me. Turns out I had marginal placenta previa at 16 weeks, which corrected itself over the weeks ahead as my uterus grew with the baby.

I don't know your situation or diagnosis, but I do know your fear. Keep taking it easy and listen to your doctor's advice. Most importantly, keep the faith. After much research online, I have learned that there are more positive outcomes with post-ablation pregnancies, than there are negatives. In fact, my OB delivered several healthy post-ablation babies including mine. There are a few of us here that have had healthy pregnancies despite the risks. Our babies are proof that miracles do happen.

Just take it one day at a time and try to enjoy your pregnancy. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have stressed less over the last 9 months and taken time to enjoy my pregnancy more. Take care.

Blessings to you and baby! :)
Its good to find a site with women going through the same as me.  I had an ablation coming up 2 years ago, and was told I wouldnt ever get pregnant again, I  have recently found out I am pregnant.  When I went to see the consultant she scared the hell out of me within 5 mins, and I cant seem to get her words out of my head.  She said this pregnancy is going to end bad, and that I WILL miscarry.  I have been sitting here for the past few days waiting for the bad to happen, not knowing that good things could happen too. I have 4 daughters already who where all born by C-sections, whether that makes the risk higher I just dont know, so if anyone out there has any advice please help.
Sarah,
There are a lot of risks. I had an ablation aug 2007, am currently 16 weeks pregnant and so far so good. You need to get yourself a good high risk Dr and take things one day at a time. I am also a critcal care nurse so I drove my self crazy for the first 2 weeks researching. My Dr has not had a patient pregnant after an ablation, but is a high risk Dr who is board certified and experienced in highrisk pregnancies. He is researching as am I, about what to prepare and look for. Never once has anyone told me to abort my pregnancy. I had a 0.7% chance of getting pregnant without birth control, which I used, and still got pregnant. This little was meant to be, and I am doing everything in my power to see that it happens. We were not planning this, but God had other plans for us. So we are embracing it as if it were our calling. Good luck, stay informed, get good care, and let it happen the way it is intended
Kelly
You definately have to be informed, but Doctors sometimes have a way of scaring the heck out of you...Find a good Doctor and stay informed...I am proof that things do work out.
Thank you for replying back to me, I must admit I have never been this scared but at the same time the prospect of actually having another baby is very exciting. I am trying hard not to build my hopes up and putting so much faith in that everything will be just fine.  Good luck with your pregnancy KGBRN and congrats on your baby Jewell1117.
Post-ablation pregnancies are quite uncommon, so most OB's don't know what to expect, which is why doctors will normally give you the textbook version. The less experience they have with it, the more "gloom & doom" they'll give you. I don't think it is their intention to scare their patients, but at the same time, they would rather fully inform their patients even if the news is scary. Just remember that since many OBs have no experience with this type of high risk pregnancy, they only know one side of the story...the tragic side. But take it from those of us who have been there...post-ablation pregnancies can and do have happy endings.
I have had 2 ablations in 2009 the first one in march and the last one in november. I have had no periods since, now want to get pregnant but feel to old and stupid to go and see my GP
I am 26 & have 2 children: 4yrs & 7yrs. I had a tubal (cut/tied/burned) in 2005 for sake of my ex husband- big mistake. I also had an ablation done in 2009 due to severe heavy periods. My fiance & I have talked w/ my OB dr in regards to a reversal & pregnancy. I am very fertile & he said the lining of my wall was very thick when he performed my ablation. Immediately following my procedure I continued to have normal periods & now med/heavy periods. He feels I would be ok due the fact I am fertile & having periods. I have found a doctor who specializes in & will perform reversals for $4,500. The only problem is 90% who perform reversals wont if youve had an ablation. My doctor said he will put me on medicine to increase blood flow thru my cervix before I start trying as well as watch me closely & encouraged to take folic acid.

Does anyone have any advise or encouragement or success stories????
I am currently 20 weeks pregnant after ablation. Last week I was informed my placenta is covering my cervix and is growing thru my the scar tissue from my two previous c-sections. My son will be 4 in July and my daughter will be 2 in July. I am very scared bc I have had very complicated pregnancys both times before. I had to have a blood transfusion before I could deliver my daughter and several iron iv treatments after her birth. My hematologist reccomended a partial hystarectomy or ablation. My OB dr did the ablation and was very adamit that I didnt need any other form of birth control. Now I am faced with my placenta attaching to my bladder or any other organs close. Can anyone give me some advice?
I developed a accreta from the scarring on my uterus...I had to have a schedule c-section/hysterectomy at delivery...Sounds scary, but it was not so bad.  They had me taking extra iron 6 weeks prior to delivery and were prepared for a transfusion if need be...luckily I didn't need it.  You found out early on, so you and your Doc's can prepare to do everything necessary to keep you and your little one safe!  Good luck to you...
l had ballon allation 5mths ago and iam 4wks preg had scan a sack a baby no heartbeat yet they said to early ,which l know as l have other children ,it was shock ,but l hoprful xx
I had an ablasion about 4 years ago, due to really bad periods. just wondering if it is posible to conceive after this long, we would love to have a child, but i am just not to sure i can
Kat,
I'm 18 weeks pregnant, had an ablation August 2007. There is hope, I will tell you this pregnancy wasn't planned, however, we feel very blessed to have been given this rare gift. I have 5 children already, and this one will make 6 :-) Having said that, this has been the most stressful pregnancy I have ever had. I am not sure I would advise you to try to get pregnant, but if it happens, think positively and be informed. I am a critical care/trauma nurse and I have a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips, but that doesn't mean all will be ok either. I have tried to be realistic and informed and in charge of my health. My Dr is wonderful and we are learning together along the way. Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Everyone on here is very positive and have great stories to share. A great place to be in a world full of negative outcomes
19 weeks and hopeful! Went to the Dr. again, another sonogram measuring everything and Dr. says the baby looks perfect. Everything measuring where it should be and heartbeat is strong. I have an area in my uterus that appears to have some varicosities, we are going to keep an eye on that. So all in all a very good day!
This is so exciting to hear, I had an ablation done a year ago due to heavy periods.  I really wish I hadnt b/c my hubby now wants children after 17yrs... ugh.  Went to my OB today and he said go for it... So it really depends on who your doc is.
hi went for my routine scan as doctor keeping eye on me after abaltion iam 8weeks now l tought 6weeks baby sac and strong heartbeat got a long way to go and iam stressed but postive l also have 6 children and a auxiliary nurse it was plaaned me iam happy good luck to you all
it wasnt planned x
Hi!  I was wondering how you were doing?  I am new to this post.  I just turned 45, married and no children.  Had the Novasure ablation in 2008 and just started researching pregnancy post ablation.  Not sure what I am going to do as now I regret having the procedure and want a child.  My OBGYN didn't tell me much about this procedure.  I had to research the info myself.  We never had a discussion about children before she schedule the ablation.  She never even asked me about it.  Sounds like this happens to many woman. Doctors need to sit down and discuss all options and outcomes before doing any surgical procedure.  However, I do feel better after reading these posts, realizing i'm not the only one who longs for a child post ablation.  Thanks to all for sharing!
JUST WOUNDERING HOW YOU CANT ALONG IAM NOW NEARLY 11 WEEKS AND STILL SCARED PLEASE GET IN TOUNCH TY XX
GETTING ALONG LOL
Update! 21 weeks and counting :-) All is well, it appears I have an Accreta, which is fine because we know and are prepared for that. All of the baby's measurements are perfect, and other than some varicosities in my uterus everything thus far have been fabulous. We finally are beginning to chill out a bit and enjoy this pregnancy. I have a fetal doppler in case of decreased fetal movement I can take a listen and do what needs to be done. Feeling so blessed right now!
Kelly
hi iam scared l had adom ballon abaltioin 7mths ago dont know if you read my last posts iam 11weeks now xx
I read all of your posts and we are having very similar pregnancies.  I am 41 and am 20 weeks pregnant.  I saw my specialist on Monday and he did not mention any problems or accreta.  I did find out I am having a girl!!  This pregnancy was definately not planned but I am getting excited.  I keep fearing the bad news will still come but I have been so lucky.  I have a couple of questions....Did you get the doppler with the advice of your doc or did you just want to have it?  I am considering getting one too.. also, I really want to keep up with your progress condidering I am right behind you and am a nervous wreck.  I am due on Oct 14th but have scheduled c secion for Oct 7th... when are you due?
I am encouraged by this conversation... Although I do have a few questions or concerns.  I am 33 and have 3 healthy children.  5 years ago I had an ablation, and a little over a week ago we found out we are pregnant!  My HCG levels are at 2000, yet I went for an ultrasound and they were unable to find the fetus in my uterus!  I repeat bloodwork tomorrow, along with repeating the ultrasound.  My doctor is very positive about getting pregnant after an ablation, but fears that we are probably experiencing an ectopic pregnancy.  If this shows to be true, friday we will start the injections to stop this pregnancy.  Has anyone ever had an ectopic and then a normal pregnancy after?  My emotions are a mess right now... but I know God is with us and we have to have faith in all that happens.  Just need to knw that someone else succeeded after this kind of situation.  
I will be sure to check out website previously listed...
Thank you for your input... and please pray that the baby was just too small to see.
hi hun l had a scan seen nothing then another at 6weeks a sack and baby no heartbeat then at 8weeks all well iam 12weeks now my ablation was 7mths ago good luck xx
Thank you for responding so quickly.  I had both repeat ultrasound and bloodwork today and it was still..."inconclusive"  according to Dr.  My HCG level is now at 6500, but the were unsure if the shaddow they saw in my uterus was a sac or just scarring from previous ablation.  Good news is that they did a full scan and didnt find the baby anywhere else.  My third set of ultrasound and bloodwork evals will be tuesday, June 1.  I am becomming more nervous and anxious as the days go on... but I guess I have to trust in god.  Your story helped.  I was happy to hear that your baby wasnt seen on the first time... but Im a little more nervous after today.  They guessed me to be at 5 + weeks.  Thank you again for the encouragement!!!  
good luck let me know how you get on l be thinking of you xx
Hi there! I got the doppler for my peace of mind and with Dr's blessing. It has helped me tremendously. My Dr tells me to go to L&D or ED to have them check fetal heart tones when I am having decreased fetal movement, so I bought a unit. I thought it might drive me crazy, but it has been reassuring. Fetuses deteriorate rapidly, so if I don't feel movement for a couple of hours, I can check heart tones. Try and relax, easier said than done I know. This is by far the most stressful pregnancy I have ever had, and we all understand how you feel. I have a lot going on right now, so I am not online as much as I have been. But I will try to check back a few times a week and see how you are doing. My section will hopefully be sept 16th, if all goes as planned. My due date is sept 29th.... Good luck! And by all means, keep in touch :-)
(from VKLefty = Vikki)
I'm 22 weeks now and all is well!  I'm much more relaxed than I was prior, but do realize I have still have a lot of time left!  My last ultrasound w/the high-risk OB was around 19 weeks and there was no placenta issues - no accreta and no previa.  I go back for another ultrasound on June 9th.  Heard the heartbeat again on Friday at my regular OB.  My due date is Oct 2nd and so far I won't need a C-Section and should be able to have a vaginal birth, but of course that could change.  So glad to hear many of you are doing well.  Keep in touch! Best of luck to all.  I know how nervous we all are!
I am 36 years old, I had a tubal after my third child at 27 years old and a ablation a month ago on april 2, 2010. I spotted for maybe three days starting on april 16th. I have been having symptoms of pregnancy with upper abdominal pain and firmness with some mild cramping but no cycle since the april 16th spotting. I had a dose of lupron before ablasion but wasen't told it produces eggs. I have and ultrasound scheduled for june 3rd could I be pregnant. all of my test came back negative but do have blood in urine but no infections.
good luck with scan iam back 7th of june and iam scared ti deaf xx
I am 29, and have 3 boys 14, 9, and 8.  I am seperated 5 years now (divorce pending) and never thought that I would even think of having kids again.  I have been dating one person for about a year now, eventually he wants to have kids but I told him that I couldnt because of the ablation.  I got that because the bleeding was so heavy and my doctor never offered any other options like birthcontrol.  My tubes have been tied since I was 21, and my old doctor was kinda of old fashioned.  I have a new doctor now and she offered the Depo which will help completely eliminate the periods that I still have and that are getting heavier again and the severe cramps. This site has given me a new outlook, that just maybe I have a chance of having a baby again.  I am so glad I found this forum and that it has so many encouraging stories.  I really thought that I was not going to find love again because who wants to date someone that cant have kids at such a young age.  Now I have hope.....Thanks so much!! :)
Hello, it's been a while since I last wrote on this blog.  I have been extremely busy the past few months.  I made an appointment with an RE and I was hoping for the best.  I had a consultation with the doctor and upon telling him that I had had an ablation, he just treated my husband and I as if we were a waste of time.  He agreed to do some initial testing on us.  I had some blood work done, which revealed that I have hypothyroidism.  My husbands semen analysis was great, needless to say he was happy about that. lol  Then I had an HSG and that's when my hopes started to fade.  The doctor couldn't get any dye in my uterus.  My cervix is completely blocked by scar tissue.  I was upset, but I asked him for his suggested course of action and he said it was a lost cause, that he couldn't help us.  So, being the very stubborn woman that I am, I decided to get a second opinion today.  I was optimistic and hoping that this new doc could shed a little light on my gloomy mood, but once again I left devistated.  He felt that the previous doctor had considered my case and he agreed with him.  I for some reason, want to think that a glimmer of hope still exists.  I just don't understand that if I can have a light period every month, then why wouldn't the dye go in like it was supposed to?  In fact, I went from having absolutely no period, to a light period that is getting heavier every month.  I know Asherman's and Andenomyosis have an affect on fertility, I just hate to think of our case as hopeless.  As for all the ladies out there, I wish you the best and don't give up on your dreams.  I'm sure I won't give up all hope, but I am going to leave it more in God's hands, than in the hands of a doc.
Best wishes and Good Luck TTC....
I had my third ultrasound last week where they found the sac and fetus in the uterus!  I was just too early in the past to see everything!  I am 7 weeks now and have another ultrasound this friday to confirm the baby has a heartbeat!  We are very excited and relieved to see that this pregnancy is not ectopic (as origionally thought!).  I feel tired, but overall great!  No spotting and no cramping.  Am taking 1 baby asprin a day as it may prevent miscarriage and help lining of uterus.  My doctor is very possitive and supportive.  I am his first patient to get pregnant after an ablation  but he is a high risk doctor and is excited!  I am more excited daily and we understand that I still could miscarry or have problems... but we are trying to stay optomistic!  I am so happy for all of you ladies who are going through this!  We are really carrying miracles!  Please let me know how your pregnancies progress...  God bless you!
just been today for scan 12 weeks 4days all well got photo cant believe it still going back to work thou getting bored my older kids been great the twins l havnt told yet and lily 21mths good luck stay in touch hun xx
Had an ultrasound yesterday (23w 4d) and everything looks good.  Miraculously, the placenta and lining are normal.  Even the ultrasound tech (in a high-risk OB office) was shocked when I told her that I had ablation over 2 yrs ago.  In fact, she said "I thought the chances of having a normal pregnancy after ablation were like 1 in a million!".  I guess I should play the lottery!  So, we're just keeping our fingers crossed every day.  The baby was about 12 inches and 1 lb 10oz.  I don't have to go back to the high-risk OB for another 10 weeks.  

I wish the best for everyone else and I will keep checking to see how everyone is doing.

Happy Summer (hopefully not too hot though!)  :-)
- Vikki
super news hun stay in touch please be nice see how you get on love katrina xx
Firstly I want to say I am so happy for you and how great your pregnancy is progressing (All of you!).  The news wasnt so good for me today... unfortunately.  I am a little overwhelmed by emotion right now, but I guess thats to be expected.  The ultrasound today showed that the babys heart has stopped beating and only measures 6.5 weeks (I am suppose to be 7.3).  They said it may not be due to the ablation, but no way to know.  The doctor hasnt decided on what to do right now, but maybe a dnc if I dont miscarry soon.  Its been a rollercoaster for 4 weeks, but I honestly believed after the last ultasound that things would be fine.  Thank you so much for all of your support and correspondence through all of this!

Again, I am so happy for you and I will keep checking back to see your progress... I look forward to hearing about your little miracle.  Your in my prayers.
iam so sorry hun thinking of you xx
Hi my name is Alma ,I have 2 children and at the time I thought i didn't want anymore children so I had a tubal. My periods got so bad that I had an ablasion and I regret that very much  We wan't a 3rd child but when I went to the doctor ,he was unable to get the dye in due to scar tissue he thinks.It's very confusing to me because i still have light periods and he was unable to do that procedure.I don't want to give up hope like all of you here and just don;t know if i should go see another doctor and get there opinion as well.I've heard if the OB can get my peiods startding again  at a regular flow that the reversal can be done is that correct?Any advice will help ,Thank you all soo much.This is a wonderful website and it still gives me a glimmer of hope to hear all the success stories out here..:)
I had my tubal & an ablation for same reason of heavy severe periods following my tubal. I however have had normal cycles since the month following my ablation & have progressively gotten heavier over time. I have found a clinic that is performing my reversal after ablation in Chapel Hill NC. They are amazing surgeons & staff. If I was you I would try to see a Fertility spec (which I have also been consulting with). They are trained & certified for procedures like this. On the other hand they have told me that if periods are so light, spotted, or almost non-exsistant it will be impossible to do a Hysteroscopy, HSG, or Saline Ultrasound procedure b/c the lining is so damaged. Even though I have a normal-heavy cycle each month they have also recommended to take folic acid to help with repair of my uterine lining. Another factor that alters the success of the ablation is your age- the younger you are the more likely the lining is to grow back. I had my procedure at age 24 & had thick lining at the start.

My advise is if it is something you honestly want & are willing to accept the risks associated you should see a fertility specialist. If it's possible to be repaired- they are the ones to see! Also do as much research as you can on both procedures. I have spent over 4 months researching both TR & ablations & post TR & ablation pregnancies!

I wish you the best of luck & hope it helps!
Just an update, a sad one though.  My doctor is asking me to wait until next Monday to have a repeat ultrasound (11 days after finding no heartbeat), just to be 100% certain that the babys heart has stopped.  The d&c is scheduled for tuesday.  I should be 8 weeks now and carrying the lifeless baby for another 6 days seems to be very hard on me emotionally and mentally.  Havent lost any pregnancy symptoms.  I am concerned about how hard it will be to get pregnant again after having had the ablation and now a d&c.  Please keep me in your prayers and if you have any words of wisdom...please!

Lily553- How are you feeling?  I have been thinking about you and wondering how you, the baby and your family are.  Have you gone back to work?  (I know you were ready!) Please let me know how things are going... I'm praying for you!
This is crazy!  When I had the ablation, my doctor told me one of the risks as sterility!! Now I want to have a baby, and everyone is telling me not too!!

No one ever told me I couldnt have kids after an ablation!

Why mention that "sterility is a risk" if being barren is the norm!??

I think I'm pregnant now!
I'm going to walmart to get an EPT

sheesh!

sorry to hear that hun ,iam thinking of you ,iam ok hun up to now all well on hoilday these 2weeks back at work on the30th june your in my prays xx
good to see so many chatting, it helps to no were so many, when doctors make u feel like your the only one and scaring you, iv been busy. in jan 7 i had my tubes reversed they could only do one and then we got married at sunrise at a place called the singing ship emu park aust .weve just found out after having the dye test that the tube seems blocked so were off to ivf and now we have to wait and see if they will allow us to have the baby we so want to complete our family ,i know all the things we have to be ready for. nice catching .up im glad i stumbled accross this forum, it was a god send when i felt so frustrated and lost  thanks p
KGBRN,
WHy does your Dr. have you on a fetal heart monitoring system? What would that have to do with your previous ablation and your pregnancy now? I would think the baby would be fine. I'm just wondering.
I had decreased fetal movement. So I purchased one so whenever there was an issue, I could get a fetal heart tone, call him with the numbers and not have to go to L&D. I am delivering an hour away from home and I work in a hospital that does not deal with anything high risk. In fact, as I type to you today, I am in the hospital with bleeding which started Monday and was discharged (Monday afternoon) from the hospital in which I work and was told, "When you stop bleeding, you can go back to work or in a couple of days" No body ever called my high risk dr, so I did upon discharge. I was admitted here where I will deliver and found out I have a placenta previa and probable abruption, so I could have easily bled to death if I weren't educated enough to know about my own health care. Sorry to go on and on, this has been and continues to be a not so good week
Hi ,
I am planning to have my TR done in July.Can you please give me your opinion on the doctors at Chappel Hill on wether i should go with DR Monteath or Dr Berger? I'm sure alot of you have had the TR's done at this facility and just wanted your opinion:)
Thanks Alma,
Oh no! I have to scroll back and see how far along you are! I hope you are doing better!
Jewell knows my whole history and I am in a dilemma once again. I just found out I am about 5 weeks pregnant.
My ablation was in 2006 and I was pregnant in 2008. I went to 9 weeks and a mass of blood was found surrounding the sac on the ultrasound so my high risk doctor at the time said it will turn out catastrophic for me and the baby, and I decided reluctantly to terminate.
Because of that, I made immediate plans to terminate this one on tuesday, as well as get tubal ligation.
Today I looked up some names of other local high risk OBGYNs and found one near my home. He is interested in my pregnancy. I am in such a dilemma because the past few days I had my mind set on terminating (which I am against btw but I also have two older kids to think about). I am only at 5 weeks so would be nowhere near as attached as if it went further.
As I read through these posts, I notice that some of the women who were up to 20 + weeks just kind of dissappear and that worries me!
Holly
Holly,
I am 26 weeks and 1 day. Everything for me mostly has been beautiful until now actually. The decreased fetal movement isn't related to the ablation in my opinion. That is better btw anyway, it was probably just me worrying about everything. I have to tell ya, I would not wish a pregnancy after ablation on anyone. It has been the worst emtional rollercoaster ever, and it doesn't appear that is gonna end anytime soon unless we deliver early, then we would have the whole NICU issue. My bleeding has gotten worse tonight and I have no idea why. I am a critical care nurse and have a lot of knowledge about healthcare, but I am in the dark with this pregnancy.
My Dr says there are only about 500 documented cases in the US of successful pregnancies and like you said, women in the 20 week and up range seem to drop off here. That is very scary! I told my high risk OB/GYN gain knowledge, experience, and even notariety from me, just not at mine or the baby's expense. I think that is something you should always keep in the back of your mind. Why are they interested? What are their motives?
Hopefully I will have a success story...this has just been a complete shock(the bleeding and all) I may be here in the hospital until delivery, I hope not but it is very possible.
Good luck to ya, and if there is anything I can help you with just ask!
Kelly
Wow, you are so brave! I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Thank goodness you are over 24 months. It sounds like you are in good hands too.
I will pray that your bleeding subsides and you are in my thoughts. Just know you are not alone.
Keep us posted!
Holly
Another thing I have noticed is that some women have new husbands that want to have kids after ablations. Are the husbands fully educated on the fact that this is life~threatening to both the mother and the baby? There is a study of 43 post ablation births where only 17 were delivered~and that didn't say if the children were born premature and without problems. That is less than half. This pregnancy is with my new husband who has no kids and he definitely doesn't want me to go through with it. We used protection and this still happened. The past few women who have success stories since 2008, like Jewell, Jodie, Stacey, none of their babies were planned and they had little miracles but it's not something to screw around with. They will tell you that. There are many more cases that didn't turn out like that. I am surprised that this chapel hill place will do tubal reversals after ablation. They state on their website how dangerous it is to the mother post ablation, yet they do the procedures regardless? It sounds like they are in it for financial gain.
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone out there who is looking to get pregnant post ablation, but this is no joke. Kelly is right about the emotional rollercoaster. This is a huge risk.
you are right their hun it is really scarie and l wouldnt really think of planning one after a abaltion unless you know what you getting into ,iam now 15 and abit weeks and iam scared to death so far so good and my abbaltion was only oct gone .l have other children to look after work fullime its not a easy ride but good look to you all xx
I am so confused as to what to do. I am going to get my bloodwork done monday to make sure my HCG's are progressing and the baby is even in the uterus. Then make an appointment with the specialist. Ugh. Such a scary and helpless feeling.
KGBRN, how are you doing?
Is all very scary. I can not imagine being one of these women who wants to get pregnant after an ablation and find it horrifying that there are Dr's out there promoting it! Try to stay positive, things happen for a reason, I am more convinced of that every day! I have had no bright red blood for nearly 3 days now,(still having brown bloody discharge though) so I am hopefully being discharged in the morning. Dr says expect to come back again, my placenta is in a low-lying previa position and keeps getting lower as opposed to higher(which is normal) He thinks there is an abruption, but those are only detected 10% of the time through ultrasound so it isn't definitive. Looks like I have an Accreta so, I will have a section with hysterectomy at delivery. Our big goal is 28 weeks, today I am 26w 5d, then 32 weeks and if I make till then we are shooting for 36 weeks. So I am cautiously optimistic. I know I will have a healthy baby, it is just a matter of when she will arrive :-) Hang in there and keep in touch! Make sure you are comfortable with your perinatalogist, my Dr is absolutely wonderful. He makes me feel like I am the most special patient he has, LOL He sits down for 30 minutes or more to talk to me, he hugs me every time he sees me, he is the best!
Hello there,
I am new to this forum but I have a question PLEASE help me out. I had a tubal and a ablation doneLast year. I had very bad bleeding and this is what was recommended for me by my OBG. My doctor DID NOT tell me it would be almost impossible to get pregnant after the surgery. I was told 3-4 times I could still have kids of my own when ready. I was not ready to stop having kids. I am with my new husband and went to the doctor to discuss IVF because that is what my old OBG told me I could still have kids. But my new OBG says he doesnt understand the doctors telling me I could still have kids and dont worry about it.
Do you think I can still have a successful pregnancy if I tried IVF? I have heard of ways to making your uterus stronger. Anyone out there know how I can achieve this? My husband and I only want one child. I have seen all the success stories and hope someone out there can help me.
I am not trying to burst your bubble, but there aren't that many success stories, maybe 500 in the USA at best. These pregnancies are difficult at best. Mine has been an emotional roller coaster and I am only 27 weeks. If you read the literature which you should have been given with your ablation, it tells you how dangerous it is to carry a pregnancy, not only for you the mother but the baby as well. I am disappointed in the medical community trying to make cases with IVF regarding ablations and I think my perinatalogist would agree. Do what you want, but I strongly suggest you do your own research.
To those following my pregnancy:
I was discharged from the hospital today on bedrest. Dr says to expect the bleeding to occur again that it is only a matter of time :-(   (I am glad I am aware it will happen again) Really trying to follow Dr's orders, we just take so much for granted. I am 27 weeks and our immediate goal is 28 weeks. If we make it that far, the next goal is 32 weeks. In the end all we want is for my survival and a healthy baby. I will keep you posted
Kelly
Hi Kelly~
Thanks for the update. Keep your chin up and stay positive! You have already gotten so far and that's awesome! Just try to stay in bed and let your family do everything for you.
:) :)
Are you serious? You had a TL and an ablation and thought you could still have kids? Hmm.  What did you think you were getting a tubal ligation for? Thank God your doctor gave you the TL during the ablation because it's probably better you don't reproduce.
hi hun good news now time to rest iam now 16weeks bleed on and of went back to work yesterday 12and half hour shift back tom ,dont think l will last long back at work l was knacked keep me updated hun love kat x
Hi there everyone, I might be the only guy in this forum but I am doing research on this as my fiance and I just learned she is now 16 wks two years after having an ER and looking for help/advise.  Her GP says no problem well just keep special watch on her and sent us to an OB. The OB says we need to abort ASAP but when asked says she has no experience with this.  We are now going to a high risk pregnency clinic up here in ontario canada but I want to cover my bases in case they also say no way.  I have read here many success stories, we know the risks involved but believe with proper medical guidance we can do this.  We also know that the USA has the best care in the world and are willing to get help in the US.  I have been with her for every meeting, untrasound and will be with her everystep to the end, whatever that is and I will support her final decision.  If anyone can recommend who they believe to be excellent in this area and can recommend a doctor, your help will be appreciated. If you can not diclose that publicly I will give you my e-mail.   Thank you all for the postings and any help you can offer.

AJ
hi ,they is no telling if any of us will carry fulltime but iam willing ti try ,iam now cuming up 17weeks and bleeding on and off iam in england and not much advise up here ,they dont know what to do with me so iam scared ive 6 children all ready and work fulltime ,but this is a miracle so iam willing to try good luck xx
Viewing 401-600 comments: