Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation
I am looking for more info on pregnancy after an endometrial ablation.  I had an ablation in May 2002.  January 2003 I was not feeling well and went to the family doctor.  She thought it may be an ectopic pregnancy since I was told I was sterile.  I had an ultrasound to discover it was an interuterine pregnancy and I was about 9 weeks.  I am now 17 weeks and for the past month trying to decide to terminate or continue.  I am having a very hard time finding any info on any one with this happening to them and the risks to me or my unborn child.  I have seen several doctors and none of them have ever heard of this happening and 2 have suggested termination.  I have an appointment with a high risk specialist on Thursday (02/27/03).  Please tell me where I can find more info or who to contact.  Thanks.
Hello All,
It's been awhile since my last post, but I'm happy to report that all is well.  I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow and my next Dr appt is next Fri and then my next ultrasound is 8/4.  Last ultrasound there were no placenta issues and I've been blessed so far w/no bleeding issues, etc. (knock on wood!).  

To KGBRN - take it easy and i'll be thinking of you and praying for you to make it your next goal of 32 weeks.  We're very close to each other in terms of due dates and I can't even imagine how hard it is to be on bedrest.  

Reading all the posts about women who's pregnancies weren't viable or are having issues reminds me that I shouldn't take anything for granted.  Although I wasn't expecting to get pregnant (and certainly wasn't trying!) I am very blessed and fortunate - but for those of you who are trying to conceive post ablation - please take all the risks into account.  Dr's have very, very little experience with this and I seem to be an exception to the rule, at least so far.  

Good luck to all and I'll keep you posted - please do the same.

- Vikki (vklefty)
to vklefty,kgbrn,chrisinamb ,glad to hear you all well and getting their iam just over 17 weeks now and reading your storys gives me hope ,l cant beleive this as happen still but its a miracle and l hope and pray my baby makes it and all yours good luck keep me posted as you will all have had your babys before me thanks katrina xx
KGBRN, I know bedrest has got to be tough!  I was surfing the web and most sites I found said at 28 weeks there is 90% survival rate.  I pray everything is going to be fine.  My specialist is (unfortunately) not delivering my baby, he is consulting.  The OB doc seems to still think the ablation is nothing to be concerned about.  He asked me last week if I wanted to change my mind about having a C-Section.  The specialist is the one that suggested a C-Section and is watching for placenta problems.  

VKLefty -- Glad to hear all is doing well with your pregnancy too.  You seem to be progressing just fine, probably like me praying for the best and expecting the worse.  Keep me posted!  I didn't realize there were two people on here that were just a week or two ahead of me.  I think all 3 of us are at the point where our babies will have a good chance of survival. Good Luck and Keop me posted.  My next appt is Thursday!!
I had an Ablation in 2006 and was told by my dr that I could have a baby. I had pulmonary embolisms in my lungs so I had to be put on coumadin and the coumadin caused me to bleed non stop for a year, thats why I needed the ablation.  I got the positive test result that I am pregnant June 29, 2010.  I have just recently moved to California and had to change Doctors.  I have a high risk pregnancy due to having severe asthma and being on coumadin for a blood deficiency.

I went and had my first ultrasound yesterday and she could see the baby sitting on the bottom of my uterus, but she strongly believes that nobody who has had a ablation can have a successful pregnancy and is saying that I am going to have to terminate my pregnancy.  I called my OBGYN in New Hampshire where I am from, who performed my Ablation and she told me not to worry, what was seen on the ultrasound is normal & I should probably find a new doctor.  I was so upset and now she has me all scared.  I had some blood work done yesterday to check my pregnancy hormone levels and I have to have them repeated tomorrow and if the levels have gone up that means I have a baby still growing inside of me.......if the levels are the same or go down, I will have to have the baby aborted.  

I am so sad and so scared, I want this baby so much.  It still feels like everything is ok.  I will know more tomorrow.
Hello. I had endo ablation surgery in 2008.I was also told no chance of getting pregnant.My new husband and i just found out recently that i am pregnant.We are very excited but also scared at the same time.Right now i am at 16 weeks with no problem.I have a doctors appt. next friday and hope to find out alot more.I am looking for any and all information.Thank-you :)
hi been reading all the post for a few months and now i would like to share my story with you all ..... i had miicrowave ablation in 2001 after i had my 3 children. but wasnt told i could not have no more children after this!! i am 38 and got pregnant all was going well ....the doctors didnt pick up that i had had this trement in 2001 and i didnt think to tell them. then i got to 20 weeks and was having pains so went to the hospital and they said all was ok the heart beat was good and go home and rest and a did .... i had my 20 week ultarsound 2 days later and found out there was no heart beat  ...... so now i would still like to trie for other baby but told the same will happen again i told the doctors i had ablation and now they are saying my baby die because of the ablation.its 4 months on and i on going to try for a other baby ....... if anyone has had any think like this i would like to here from you many thank tam
hi thier iam 18weeks 2day l had my ablation last oct iam really scared to l have had my family but this is a miracle baby and defo meant to be ,ive had bleeding on and of hun but all ok please take it easy and try not to stress please stay in touch as you are just behind me ,it as helped me to talk to other peoplegoing though the same xx
Hi all! Things are still going ok with the pregnancy, I am 29 weeks and 3 days :-) and have had no more bleeding since my last bout. However, I am positive for pertussis and mycoplasma pneumonia and feel like crap! This has been going on for almost 3 weeks and none of my non OB Dr's would address this until this week when I broke down and went to my pulmonologist. Thank god for her! I knew it was pertussis! At times I can not get any air into my lungs and it is very scary...at this point all I want is 1 week of feeling good and no worries. Back to the perinantologist in a few days, maybe he will have some answers for me...until then...chin up everyone!
Kelly
hope all goes well hun glad you doing well other wise keep me posted hun katrina
Just an update.  I had my 3 hr glucose test on Friday and failed it.  So now I have gestational diabetes.  I started a diabetic diet today and Friday I will go have my bloodsugar tested to see if it can be controlled with diet or will I need insulin.  My feet have been swelling everyday and I am feeling dizzy.  Everything was going to well until now.  I see my high risk doc on Monday.  I am 29 weeks now.  
Hi Lily,  I hope everything is still on track for you.  We had the genetic probability test come back negative so that was good new.  Now at 19wks everything is good at this point.  Going for another ultrasound on the 29th to look for baby development and accreta.  Will keep you posted.    aj1961
This board I found by accident just by searching the web. Last year in April 2009 I had to have a Thermachoice endometrial ablation due to heavy bleeding and low iron. I was 47 at the time and I was single. It was either that or a hysterectomy. I chose to keep my uterus because it was my gift from God, as I told my doctor it may not work but it's mine, God said so. This past year has been a rather strange one. My periods did get lighter, I still have them, but there are some months I get all the symptoms but no bleeding. Some months the bleeding is heavier. I met my now husband exactly 3 weeks after my thermal ablation and he has never had a child of his own. My regrets are many and my age isn't helping matters. I was told by my gyn to not get pregnant. Well I've used my age as a birth control,  meaning I have hopes just like anyone other woman out there that God would implant a healthy baby in my uterus and make a daddy out of my husband. It seems money can buy everything including happiness (especially if you want a child at my age, 48) I had my tubes tied in 96 and a tubal reversal in 2004. I got pregnant within 4 months of my reversal with twins but lost them at 8 weeks. I have not had a positive pregnancy test since which meant to me that God was finished with me and I opted for the ablation to stop the heavy bleeding. I couldn't even go to work the bleeding was so heavy. None of that matters now, it is a part of my past. As I near 50 I can't help but feel an emptiness inside me that I am supposed to have one more child, not just for my husband but because I love being a mother so much. I've looked into adoption, egg donor, surrogancy, and prayer. None of the 3 seem to be an option because in the end, it's all about money. I could pay a surrogate to carry me a child but who has that kind of money? I could use a donor egg and a surro but thats even more money and I'm sure my eggs are dust. I've read all your wonderful stories but I have not found any of you to be close to the age I am. Which means that my baby making days are over unless I win the lotto or become rich and famous. I am so happy for those of you that were able to get pregnant after either of these procedures and now have a healthy baby, and my heart goes out to those of you that lost your angels due to uterine problems, ie; scaring, premature death. I believe God has a reason for everything and I've given up on my dreams of conceiving myself, since my eggs are so old. Every time I see a baby, I cry. My grands have been a blessing but they are my grands, my daughers children, not mine. As much as I love them (and that's more than words could describe) I still want one more baby and I feel my life will be complete and my purpose for being here will be answered. I was born to be a mother. The only reason I had my tubes tied in the first place was, I went through a divorce and I had 2 children to raise alone and I got pregnant so very easily, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to support another. Getting pregnant was just to easy. Now it's not an option. God bless all you wonderful mothers and mothers to be. I pray that your heart be filled to overflowing, with love. There is a reason you got pregnant and I am positive that God had everything to with it. With him everything is possible! If only he would send me money to have my own child. It's not like I'm asking him for twins or more, just one God, one baby. My motherly instincts are more than I can handle and I seem to try to mother everyone elses children, you know the ones that the parents just turn loose outside and they seem to be drawn to me. I feel like the whole neighborhoods mom away from their own home. I think I will die with the ache in my heart of never being able to adopt or carry my last blessing. Lord rain pennies on my head so I can afford anything to have one last chance. Lord bless these women on here, so many stories, so many second chances for them. Lay your hand on their wombs and make them fertile and healthy. Give them a miracle. And God.......thank you for all the children I did not give birth to but they still come to me as a second mother. Maybe that's all in your plans. I may not like the plans, but it's more than some women will ever get. I will continue to watch this board and see how things turn out for each of you. I am praying for all of you. In doing so, I find my own peace.
Hello all,
  I'm looking for a doctor in New Hampshire or Maine that would take me if I got pregnant.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I had a ablation 4 years ago and my husband and I would love to have another baby.
Thanks for your help!
hi hun hun l was diabetic with my last child so l had test at 8weeks that was ok l go back at 24 for another ,good look iam 20 weeks now but still very worried xx
hi hun glad all ok iam 20weeks now still very worried go for a scan on 4th of aug see if all ok and find out want sex ,then scaning me every 4 weeks till 32 weeks the every 2 weeks keep me up dated hun takecare xx
I'm now 30w 5d and had to go to the Dr unexpectedly this week due to cramping and contractions.  My OB hooked me up to the monitor for a non-stress test and found I was having contractions but they weren't too severe.  I don't recall feeling as strong of BraxHics in my last 2 pregnancies - so i was a little concerned.  She also did a fetal fibronectin test (which I had never heard of) and it came back negative - which is good.  (It's a test that can determine if you're at a high risk of pre-term labor.)  SO, for now, she just said try and take it easy (with 2 step kids and 2 of my own at home - very doubtful!)  Anyway, less than a week until my next ultrasound and am hoping all is still well with the placenta placement.  Until then... good luck to all!  - Vikki
good luck hun xx
Sorry to hear about your little bump in the road :-( I hope all goes well with your ultrasound this week. You are in the home stretch now and everyday is a day to be thankful for. Keep us posted!
Kelly
Congrats and good luck on ur prengnancies. I have a question for all of u....after ur novasure procedure, and before ur pregnancies, were any of u NOT bleeding? I want to try to conceive and i am not having any bledding at all 6 mths after my procedure. Im just wondering what my chances r as i try to conceive 1 last time. Thank You
l bleed abit hun x
hi just had 20week scan iam 21 weeks tom baby ok but find 2 big bags of something in uterus not sure what it is seeing fetal consulton next fri,its a girl xx
Hi, i read your post. I had a novasure endometrial ablation a couple of months ago. I dont bleed at all...nothing. The day of the surgery..no bleeding also.  I am reading this site bcuz my new husband is talking about having a baby with me. I am 47. I never wanted kids...ever.
I have been reading and it seems that ablations do not remove 100 percent of the lining. So, if you dont have tubal scarring and an egg gets to the uterus, and there is a soft spot (healthy cells) then ther is a chance for pregnancy. Docs say dont do it...since there are risks..like the placenta growing into the uterine muscle wall.  Pregancy possiblity is much more possible for a woman who has a "regular" period. That means that there is regeneration of the endometrium, that has created healthy cells that are able to shed and cause a periodl. I think what i learned is that..........to get pregnant you have to have a 'REGULAR OCCURING PERIOD" / BLEED. Lori
l didnt bleed ethier after op ,for 5mths l had one day of old brown blood ,then one month of a little red but just a day ,then l fell good look ,it was planned and is very high risk ,l would defo not plan one but good luck to you x
33 weeks! Had another Dr appt today with another biophysical profile. Baby is 4lbs 3oz. and all other measurements look good. I have to start weekly non stress tests and have an amnio scheduled for Sept.14th. If her lungs are developed we will have a c-section/hysterectomy on Sept.16th at noon. All in all a good appt today!
I just thought I'd check into the site to see how everyone is... and Im so excited for you!  A Girl!  Try not to worry about the 2 extra sacs in the uterus... god has been with you- and will continue to be!  If you remember, I had an ablation 5 years ago, got pregnant in april, had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks and during the dc&e the doctor punctured my uterus.  After the laperoscopy, he gauranteed me all was fine, and my periods would return and we could begin to try again in sept.  Well, as of today, still no period and hormonally i am messed up.  Night sweats, crying... just a mess. I go back to md on aug 26 to determine if estrogen is needed...?
Anyway, I am so happy to hear that the baby is doing well and so are you!  You went back to work, right? How is that working out with the pregnancy?
hi in hospital on bedrest 22weeks and 3days ,cerix opening inside so doctor said need to get to 24 weeks then ,steroids and anything after that a bonus so iam really scared now ,so iam on bedrest till she cumes now l think find out more tom xx
i'm 7 months post-novasure uterine ablation and had been on birth-control pills, but just found out that i am 8 weeks pregnant!  i'm so confused about what to do.  we have 3 other children who i do not want to leave mother-less - nor could i handle a late-term miscarriage.  i had SEVERAL early-term ones before any of my children - it's heart-breaking.  other medical sites are using this insane statistic of only "0.7% of women who've had this procedure will become pregnant".  I'm not finding that to be true after finding this forum.  any information that anyone is willing to share with me is greatly appreciated.

The 0.7% is correct. There are many types of ablation. I also had novasure 3 years ago, and am currently 34 weeks pregnant. It has not been fun. I have a placenta previa and accreta and have been bleeding on and off since june and been on bedrest. The decision has to be your own, all I can tell you is that you need a perinatalogist that is informed and educated (in my opinion). This is not for a regular OB/GYN to handle. I hope you can come to an informed and educated decision that will be the best and safest for you.
Good luck!
Kelly
Im not sure if its just a glimmer of hope, but lately i have been feeling exhausted. not sleeping well, weird foods im eating, tired legs...anyways i took a(2nd) prego test, not really knowing what to expect. It was invalid....no line a faint "control" line but now im wondering why and how often have pregnant women get a negative test.
                        Also last time i was intimate i had bright red blood, no pain, and nothing prior or after. has anyone had similiar experiences with any of this? could it really be phsycological? me just hoping to mother a child 1 last time? ugh the frustration and lack of resources has me frustrated, no one knows what to expect, every woman varies. these are my responses. anyways something is happening to me and if i still feel like this in a few wks, i will go see my family doctor.
       Any advice, comments, or suggestions r welcomed and thank you for ur time.
how you getting on hun iam 23weeks tom and on hos on bedrest x
Doing pretty good actually. I am bleeding again which is a bummer, but I am at home for the time being continuing with bed rest. If the bleeding changes it is back to the hospital I go. The non stress test was good, and my internal exam revealed some dark blood and a closed cervix, so I am happy with that. I am 34 weeks and scheduled my c-section/hysterectomy for sept 16th. My biggest concern now is not bleeding to death at delivery. I can't believe I have made it this far!
I'm just curious as to if any of you had bleeding before you became pregnant? I had novasure 3 years ago. I still have no bleeding every once in a blue moon there will be just a dab but then it's gone. I'm not really trying to get pregnant but I'm also not trying to prevent it either. Just thought I would ask.

good luck hun thatswhat looks like l have to have ,my doctor just hoping grt me past 28 weeks,hope all goes well my brithday is the 15th ,do you know what you having xx
i am 36 i have 2 children. my husband and i have finnished having kids and are enjoying life as a family with almost teenage children. i had an ablation almost 12 months ago, i had a tubal ligation 4 years ago.now my doctor thinks i'm pregnant. i know you are all happy about your pregnancies, but the risk seems to be so big from what i'm reading from you all.i did everything i could not to have anymore kids short of having a hysterectomy. i dont think i could handle another child, but termination isnt an option unless its required medically. now i'm confused and dont know what i'll do. thank you for sharing your stories.
Just an update.  I am 33 weeks now and am going twice a week for stress tests.  Everything is looking good.  I have gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, low magnesium, low iron, and some protein in my urine.  However, no bleeding or contractions.  I feel great.  Still up and going to work everyday, cleaning house, taking care of my kids.  I have been very lucky so far.  I am scheduled for a c-section on Oct 7th.  
well done hun .you have been lucky ,iam on bedrest cant even pick my little one up and signed of work ,hope all goes well xx
I am having a girl....so I will have 4 girls and 2 boys when this little one arrives. I just got out of the hospital again, my bleeding got worse and I spent another 5 days in the perinatal until. The next time this happens, I will remain in the hospital until delivery :-(
Now I am at home on strict bed rest...so glad this is almost over...
good luck and rest ,iam back in today , fed up 24 weeks tom start steroids today xx
So im wondering, how did all u successful pregnancies find out u were pregnant? If ur not getting a monthly period? I feel so confused, my fiance has me taking hpt tests almost wkly becuz of all my symptoms. I truly do feel pregnant, but i dont know if im hoping so badly that now its all in my head.
                               Could all the physical symptoms i feel really happen due to my mind being so hopeful? I have benn pregnant twice before, and also realize each pregnancy is different. I just wanna know the truth becuz i want to be able to properly care for myself and my baby, if i am.
                                All of my symptoms include, constant nausea, for about 2mths now, daily, eew! In my entire life i never have been able to eat any kind of spicy foods, and lately i cant seem to get enuff jalepeno peppers(wth?). My mother even commented on i must be pregnant. My hips hurt, i have been crampy as heck. I have been having trouble sleeping through the night. I dont know what else to do except take care of myself the best i can and wait for some kind of outcome. Have any of u had several negative tests to find out later u are indeed pregnant? If so how long did it take for u to know u were pregnant? how? Did u take a otc urine test? or was ur pregnancy confirmed by ur doctor?

l got pain came in hos was only bout 3weeks when l find out it was just a normal hospital preg test , l had the op 11 mths ago and iam 24 weeks xx
I found out at 12 weeks with a generic pregnancy test from wal mart, which was confirmed by a stat serum HCG test and sonogram. I was having a period since my ablation and I was told I was going through menopause...my suggestion is if you think you are pregnant make an appointment with a physician!
My oldest is 23! I am happy now that I am almost 36 weeks, but this has been a horrific pregnancy and wouldn't recommend any woman go through this voluntarily. We also did everything with the exception of a hysterectomy to prevent pregnancy and still got pregnant, and like you, termination wasn't an option for me. With all of the complications we have had, I feel we are truly blessed by God in him giving us this miracle. For both the baby and I to have made it this far is amazing. Good luck to you and your family
just a up date ,had scan today 25weeks ,baby still thier ready to come anytime ,but  that was a little girl is now a little boy hope all is well with you all xx
Well i went in yesterday for bloodwork, knowing that if i am indeed pregnant i need to make lifestyle changes as well as get the proper care. I woke this morning with my breasts feeling weird. squishy and tender as heck. i had more spotting this past week with small cramps and wondering, if everything i think is a possible pregnancy, is just my body trying to have a regular period...us darn women r just too complex i tell ya. I'll find out my results next week..so waiting patiently. Good luck to those of u that r nearing the end of ur pregnancies...u have been thru alot and r some tuff cookies..the things we do for our kids.lol.
hope all is well hun and good luck please let me know the end result keep in touch XX
HI HUN HOPE ALL STILL WELL ,LET ME HOW YOU GET ON GOOD LUCK XXX
Well my test result cam i and i am not pregnant. I dunno why i am having the syptoms but i have a dr.s appt soon to make sure everything is ok with me. maybe it was just wishful thinking. I have decided if it was meant to  be it'll happen. As some of u near the end of ur pregnancies, i wish u the best of luck.
Hello Ladies. I've been doing research for about a year and have mixed feelings about all of this. I had the novasure procedure done w/ the understanding that I could become pregnant later. In fact, I was told to stay on birth control b/c it wasn't a form a birth control. I was naive and didn't think to question my doctor b/c he made it seem like a simple procedure. Luckily, he is not practicing anymore. However, I am eager to have another baby.
From some of the research, I have found that there are meds to help rebuild the uterine lining and help women get regular periods done. I spoke to my ob/gyn and he is going to send me to a specialist to get things started. I was wondering if any of you have gone through the treatment to rebuild your lining and how the pregnancies were/are?

Any information would be great. I want a healthy baby.
I'm speechless & in tears right now.  I'm glad I ran across this group.  I had an ablation done almost 2 years ago and had my tubes ties 5 years ago after my last child.  I have 4, my oldest is 18 and the youngest is 5.  I've been having MANY signs of pregnancy & kept thinking it can't be possible...right?  I took a hpt and it's inconclusive (the results r not clear...go figure).  I just KNEW I was done with having kids.  After reading all the post, it's obviously possible.  My husband will be elated...I just don't know how I even feel about this...happy, sad, shocked, numb and definitely scared...pick one...or choose them all.
KGBRN -- OK.. we need another update from you.  I am looking at your last post on Aug 27th and you were 36 weeks.  You should be around 39 weeks today.  I am hoping you have delivered a healthy baby.  Please let us know how you are doing!  I am thinking about you!!

VKLEFTY - It has really been a while since we heard from you.  At last post you were 30 weeks and should be around 37/38 now.  I hope you are doing well.  I am worried because you last post you were having contractions.  Please keep us updated!!

I am really nervous.  You two were the only two that were further along in your pregnancy and I really want to know how it is going.  I am scheduled to deliver in 20 days at 39 weeks by c-section.  I am still going twice a week for stress tests and all is well.  I have not had anymore bed rest or blood pressure problems.  I feel great!
glad you doing well hun ,hope the birth goes ok you do well to get that far ,iam not 28 weeks and they think l will give birth in the next 4weeks iam hoping to prove then wrong lol xx
Wow,
I am crying reading all your posts! This is just amazing to me. I have an arterial venous malformation in my uterus. After my four year old daughter was born they FINALLY found it (after they near killed me) and they embolized it. Two years later I had the novasure procedure. In my mind I was done having children, I love the two I have but as a single parent never saw myself raising another one. I didn't think I had it in me. Well, I met an amazing man, we are getting married. He has a child and I have my two. He wants another...I told him all about my past problems and the risks, we are in the process of looking for a GOOD Dr that we can trust and also will be able to help us in having another child. I have had my period since I had the procedure, it is on time every month and the same it always was. I so badly would like to give him a baby girl. After reading this I have SO MUCH hope ...ugghhh wiping my tears!! Thank you so much ladies for sharing your stories. Miracles do happen!!!
Ok, i dont know if i should be excited or not...I had the novasure done back in January and hadnt really bled at all since. Then the other night i noticed a little brown discharge, hmm i said and just kept a eye on it.
Well last night at 2 am i woke with extreme cramps that i havent felt since i last had a period. I used to get relief from having sex and figured why not give it a try right? well i did and cramps were gone but immediately after there was alot of bright red blood. When I used the restroom it was dripping enough that i felt that i needed a sanitary napkin.
So now im wondering a few things...was the novasure a temperary fix for me? Am i going to start getting regular periods now? Again with pain and even possibly heavy bleeding? Are my chances to conceive greater now? Or should they be more regular?

Any questions i've had after the novasure procedure that i brought to my Dr.s attention was basically i dont know. He always says result are different for every woman. Great...nice and vague. Funny how informative they seemed to be when convincing me novasure was the right choice for me. So now i have no one to answer my questions , besides you girls and your experiences.
I have been doing a lot of research and reading many, many forums about getting pregnant after this procedure. I'd have to say that this one is the best so far, thank you guys so much for sharing all of your information.

One procedure I've been reading about for helping repair a scared uterus is the treatment for Ashermans syndrome. I found a great site for helping the insurance pay for it (b/c many doctors bill my issue as infertility, which it isn't) and it walked me through what the procedure was. So far, it seems to be one of the most effective treatments prior to getting pregnant. My doctor also said that a specialist could put me on meds to help start my period again. I have a period, and have had one since I had the procedure, but in the past few months, it has started to get lighter. I had the procedure done over 2 years ago.

I am 31 years old and eager to have another baby. I wish my doctor had bee as eager to explain the severity of this procedure as he was just to perform it. He made it seem like it was as simple and no big deal.....it is far from simple and a huge deal.

Has anyone else heard anything about treatments to help? Is there anything I can do at home help with healing my uterus?

Thanks. Again, thank you guys for post everything that you do.
Hello All! Sorry it has been so long, on September 8th, I went into labor and started vaginally bleeding again. Hubby and I headed for the hospital once again thinking I would have to stay this time until baby was born. Dr decided I needed to have this baby now and took me for an emergency C-section and partial hysterectomy, however, I lost a lot of blood and could not stop my bleeding so I ended up with a total hysterectomy and several units if blood and plasma along with general anesthesia during the 2 hour surgery/delivery. The good news is we had a 5lb 9oz baby girl who is just perfect! Good luck to those of you who are still pregnant, please take control of your own health. I had some very bad experiences in the hospital, and had I not known what I do, it could have been detrimental.
I am very happy that I have com across this forum, I am 28 years old and have three very healthy boys 9, 8, 4 and I have longed to try once more, after 4 years my husband told me last night that he would love to have another baby! I was excited that he actually said that and I'm not the only one that wants this!  4 years ago going through post pardom depression I had a tubal, regret it everyday now, 2 years ago I had a ablation done due to heavy periods, also my doctor said that is would just slow the chances or having a baby but never said it would never happen, I have not bleed at all not even spotting, I would like to hear what and where we should start with this process! Thanks in advance
glad to hear you ok hun and well done ,how many weeks was you then ? iam 28 now and my consulton siad is l dont have the baby by 34 weeks lam having a c-secton ,as had loads of promblems ,well done and enjoy your little one xx
Thanks! It wasn't an easy road as you know. I was 36 weeks at delivery. We are enjoying her tremendously :-) Good luck to you, I will be watching for updates!

Momof3boys257, this forum is not for women who had ablations and wanted to get pregnant, rather, it is for women who have had ablations and subsequently gotten pregnant, and are having difficult, terrifying, and horrific pregnancies because of it. Do your research, this is not something you should actively pursue.
I'm almost 30 yrs old, and I had an endometrial ablation in March, 2008.  I've had 5 children - all delivered by c-sections - one of the reasons I had that procedure done in the first place.  I've been having regular "periods" for the past several months.  Last month's, however, was VERY short & spotty.  Now I'm about 2 weeks late, and have started having an unusual amount of clear, thin discharge.  (Too much info, I know)  But here's the kicker:  my husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago as well, but never actually went back in to have a sperm count done.  Now I KNOW we're fertile - I've got 5 beautiful babies to attest to that.  I'm wondering if this is all in my head, or if I actually COULD possibly be pregnant again.  I've had 2 pregnancies before where hpt's didn't work.  With my 4th, I ended up taking 4 hpt's and all of them were negative.  Do I sound crazy, or has anyone had a similar experience?
I am so happy your baby turned out to be perfect.  I am so nervous.  You were my inspiration since I followed your progress for so long.  I am 37 weeks today and scared of having the same possible problems at delivery.  I am glad you made it through.    I haven't had any cramps, spotting, or any problems so far.  Wish me luck.  Two more weeks.  I am scheduled for c-secion on Oct 7th.
I was told two years ago after having my tubes tied and an ablation done due to excessive bleeding that I would have no chance of getting pregnant ever again. Well I got pregnant. Was for 4 weeks and it ended in a miscarriage last monday. I know 6 people personally that this has happened to. I just don't see why with all the stuff the doctors told me about there being no chance at all I still got pregnant after getting both procedures done.
I will keep you and baby in my prayers. I found that being prepared (both my perinatalogist and myself) for the worse case scenario was the best thing we could have done. I was type and cross matched for 4 units of blood in case of the need for a transfusion, which I ended up needing, we had a great anesthesia staff on my case, the OR was prepped for a c-section AND hysterectomy so there wouldn't be mass confusion with staff  running around to get the right equipment, Neonatalogy was there to respond to the baby. It was not an ideal situation, but it saved our lives. I had to be put to sleep for delivery and surgery and my husband wasn't able to be in the room, but again, it saved our lives. If I had to suggest anything to you it would be to be over prepared. So good luck! Keep us posted!
just update been for scan today he still well down could come anytime ,but good news is following my mri scan l dont need c-section and can have normal birth ,iam 29 weeks now so getting their xx
Hi there. I just found out that I'm 7 weeks prego after having EA!!!! I'm sure a lot of you know the emotions that come with this type of surprise! I am 33 and have 3 great kids (10, 7, 3). Termination is not an option unless this becomes fatal for me (I won't leave my other children motherless). I've done as much research online as I possibly can, but there isn't much to be found. However, all your posts give me hope that a healthy baby is possible.

For all you ladies who have had healthy babies at what week did you start to have complications?

Did you all get mri's to determine how the placenta was attached?

If you were put on bed rest, to what degree? Never got out of bed, out just to pee?

I know all this is early cause I'm still at risk for a miscarriage, but I find it helpful to be prepared. If there are any others out there who have just found out or are around the same week as me I'd love to keep in touch as I have no plans on telling family due to the high risk nature.

Looking forward to hearing from ya'll.
I am 42 and gave birth this Aug 2nd to a VERY healthy baby boy post ablation. I had the ablation in March of 2009 and became pregnant in November 2009. I have no kids and was sure I didnt want one. But, life happens and I am very blessed to be in a position to take care of him at this point in my life. I had ZERO complications during my pregnancy. I was unsuccesful in trying to be induced at 39 weeks. After 38 hours of trying, I delivered him via C-section. My cervix had scar tissue from the ablation and would not dialate past a 5. I begged them to do C-section as I was worried about the baby. He weighed 8.4 and 22 inches long. He is 9 weeks old already and is so healthy and strong.
I did have numerous ultrasounds by a specialist in OB ultrasound, including the 4D imagining. Did not have to have an MRI. Only self-induced bedrest at the end due to heat (I live in AZ) and some swealing. Good luck to you and let me know if you need more info
Thanks for the info. it's very encouraging. Just out of curiosity, what part of AZ? We moved from there about 5 years ago. We had our second child at Bannar Desert. He was a preemie and we miss going in there with him to see the nurses and Drs.

I'm glad to hear about your bundle of joy. Having a healthy baby is a huge blessing.
i am currently 40 years old....had a tubaligation in 2002 and an Novasure ablation in February of 2009.  no periods at all since the ablation until today and bam full blown period today cramps and all.  i was wondering now what the chances are of getting prego since i have also had the tubal????  im worried but the thought of possibly having a baby does honestly excite me a great deal but i am scared of the things that you all have been thru.  since i had both procedures done it just seemed to me like there would be no way...any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated...
thanks jennifer
Congratulations!!!
I haven't been on here in quite a while but thought I would come on to check on you ~ am SO happy with your great news and am glad you are healthy and ok!!! :)
I'm 27 years old and had an ablation 5 1/2 years ago. I got divorced 2 years after my ablation. I am now in an amazing relationship with an amazing man and we would like to have one more baby. I haven't had a normal period since my ablation. I do have semi normal cramping and very light spotting for a day or so here and there. I recently started taking Female Reproductive Factor and high doses of Folic Acid. I'm am completely crushed and regret having the ablation at such a young age. Does anyone have any info to help increase my chances and hopes???? I wish all you the best...
There's little to nothing you can do. Ablation destroys the lining of the uterus and makes it to where your body is not meant to carry a child. There are many risks if you do attempt to get pregnant, which can result in miscarriage, hemorrhaging, and can also cause death to both you and the child. If you're set on having another baby, look into adoption or a surrogate mother.
I had an ablation over 4 years ago and had a tubal ligation years earlier in my early 20's. Same story as others, divorced remarried we wanted a child of our own. Given no hope by everyone. Spent 3 wasted years with one REI Dr. here in Tucson told surrogacy was our only hope. I finally decided to give the only other REI Dr.in town a try even though he has a rep. for bad bed side manner. Didn't care at this point, just wanted someone who could think outside the box and was good. Well, only 4 months with him and I'm having normal periods and cycles and on our way to IVF by end of year. He has treated many women like us with good success rates and normal uncomplicated births because he is good and makes sure the endometrium is optimal before implantation. He first did a hysteroscopy on me removed a lot of scarring and the right combination of hormones to help build the lining up. I then did have to have another hysteroscopy to remove some small remaining scarring and then more hormones. Periods are doing much better, but he will not rush and implant at this time because that is where some of these women run into very hard complicated pregnancies and births. I have one finally hysteroscopy at end of October to "spruce" things up in there with then a massive amount of hormones to have optimal conditions for implantation in Nov. Even with as well as things are progressing for us at this moment, I am thankful that even after this next procedure if he fills that it's still not right he will wait until it is. I have met with some of his other patients who have been through this, some are just finishing up, others are having uncomplicated pregnancies and others already have babies. There is not a lot of good education out there about our type of situation just a lot of horror stories and uneducated information with few people sharing the good. There is also a fantastic REI in Phoenix with great success treating this the same way. I just didn't want to drive because I'm in almost every week for ultrasounds and such. It just wasn't appealing to drive almost 2 hours every week. If you're really willing to put in the time, effort and patience there is REAL HOPE out there. My OB/GYN who did my ablation did explain very clearly the risks, she is also still my OB/GYN and praises my REI Dr.'s work for women like us and supports our decision's and is looking forward to delivering our new baby, she already has a set of twins on their way in her care from him with same situation. Don't buy into all the negativity and crap. It frustrates me to hear all the whining about this procedure. We are women We need to take control of our bodies and healthcare. Educate ourselves and know all the risks. I knew what the risks were with my ablation, I was willing to take them at the time. I am now having to take the time and patience to reverse the effects of my decision. But I guess the point to my long winded comment is that there is an answer and it is fixable. It's just scarring of the uterus that needs to be removed and helped to regenerate.
I started having bleeding at 8 weeks (didn't know I was pregnant at that point).  Bleeding continued throughout the pregnancy. I was put on light duty at work from the point of finding out I was pregnant (12 weeks) then modified bedrest at 25 weeks then complete bedrest from 33 weeks. I delivered at 36 weeks by c-section with total hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy due to more bleeding and starting into labor and an accreta. Good luck to you!
I am glad you are happy. There are those of us out there who ARE educated yet almost lose their lives delivering post ablation, I am one of them. Please don't say I am whining when you have not walked in my shoes! Thanks :-)
hi update my waters broke at 29 weeks ,was on bedrest went into labour ,had normal deliver but then was bleeding lost 6 pints of blood it was a very bad time ,l would never go though that again ,but he was well worth it had little boy weighing 3lb 12 oz in scbu but getting better everyday xxxxx
CONGRATS! I'm glad to hear that he is making improvements. Please keep us posted on his recovery.

I'm sorry KGBRN that you took that as a direct attack on you. That was not intended that way at all or even towards you in anyway. I had read all your posts much earlier and followed them. Again sorry you felt that this was directed at anyone person who was in your situation. But it was more pointed at Clysta, claiming there is no hope and also a few others that were posted randomly on here ( not regulars) about not being informed properly about their procedures.Read what you are signing, ask questions, take control of your own health was all I was saying. It is unfortunate that there are so many practioners that are uneducated themselves and this leads to many woman being very misinformed  Because of what you had and are going through now is why my REI Dr. does things a bit differently to help minimize what happened with you and others. And I AM very happy for that, Thank you. So please do not ever personally attack me again as I did not do this to you. People also need to share the positive stories not just the negative. What you have been going through is very difficult and a risk every one of us takes when we chose to embark on this and so we may not be stepping into your shoes but we are walking the same rocky path as you. After everything you went through, you now have a beautiful life that you would still be willing to give your life for. That is the positive.
I am 41. I had ablation January 2010.  Didn't have a montly cycle.  This summer after being sick all the time discovered I was pregnant about 4 weeks ago.  Didn't realize it because I didn't have a cycle.  I am 15 weeks and 4 days.  Baby is growing fine. I am seeing a High Risk Dr along side my OB who are both amazed.   So far so good.  
I had the surgery done 4 years ago and my periods are still normal. My husband and I were considering having another child but did not know if we should take the risk. We really want another baby but are stuck on the issue of to persue or not. Would love to have some feed back
Congratulations! I am so very relieved and happy that you both are ok. I know all about what you have gone through. Keep us posted in his progress! Praying for you both!
thankyou hun joe went into a cot today he 3lb 8 and ozs now ,he doing really well could be home in 3weeks hope u well kat x
Hi, I am 36 have had several miscarriages since my May 2008 ablation. The doctors here in Austin want to document me....they say I shouldn't have been able to conceive at all. I got on today after crying my eyes out as I was not told that before the ablation, or I wouldn't have done it. I am heartbroken. I have been reading your posts... how did some of you rebuild your lining?
l didnt rebuild l had np peroids l fell 5mths after getting it done my son a miracle l hope it all goes well but l aint going to lie it was a very hard 7mths as joe was born at 30 weeks and l nearly lost him a couple of times along the way thanks kat xx
I had a ablation done October 2008. I haven't had a a regular period since then. I recently had another surgery done where they had to remove my right ovary. Me and my husband wants another child. I know after reading all the post it is possible to get pregnant but could I get pregnant without having a regular cycle? Can I get feedback?
OMG...I was having some spotting and thought it was not supposed to be happening..I had my surgery a lil less than a year ago and was told I could never have kids again. Now after reading this I see there is hope. I just met this great guy and he has no kids and he will be a great father. I see it is risky, but it is worth a shot. Good Luck ladies!
I found this website by accident and I am glad I have.  It has given me alot of information that I was never able to find before.  I am 41 and I had  a tubal in Dec. 2001 and had a thermal ablation and D &C for heavy bleeding done in May 2004.  I was a single mother and was determined never to do this again on my own.  A decision I regret. I got married in August of 2007 and me and my husband had talked about having a baby and I had explained to him the procedures I had done.  With that being said, I went to see a fertility specialist in June of 2008 and she did an ultrasound and determined that there was no uterus lining, which I pretty much knew, so I really did not have my hopes up.   But, I was still having periods every month.  No explanation as to why, since the doctor who performed the ablation said I would have not have anymore.  The past few days, my breast have been really sore, more so than the usual before my period.  The last time they hurt like this was when I was pregnant 8 1/2 years ago.  I am due to have a partial hysterectomy next week on Nov. 4th.  I feel stupid thinking that I could be pregnant as this symptom to me would be way to early as I just had my period on Oct. 12.  It wouldn't be a bad thing in fact, but I just feel silly thinking it.  Would you all just wait it out until you go for your pre-op visit with the doctor or would you buy a pregnancy test?
If you think you are pregnant go ahead and buy the test.
I went to the dr on tuesday and he performed an ultrasound that showed in two differant places where i measured at 6.1 and 7. He also said that it seemed like i had all of my lining still intact. he was surprised because of the fact that i had an ablation 3 years ago. He perscribed hormones and feels like i can carry a baby, although he said it is not very commen that the procedure did not work so well for me. Before anyone decideds to get pregnant please consult your dr first. Good luck to all
Hi all, I am 28 and I had an ablation completed in July 2010, due to continuous spotting and random lengthly periods.  After having it completed I am still have periods...not continuous thank God.... but none the less still having them.  Also my cramping and PMS actually seems to be worse to me.  I realize this has nothing to do with get pregnant, but I need some guidance on whether or not I should be making another appointment with my DR.  This was one of the few good forums I could find that had multiple people that have had the procedure completed.  I can't remember which method mine was called but it was done with heated water...??  Any advice from anyone would be really appreciated!  
I am glad to hear there is hope. Had my ablation since 2008 and am desperately wanting to have another child. Had the procedure for medical reasons but have had monthly bleeding since the procedure although nothing compare to what I used to have. Could you please provide the information on your REI Dr who is helping you with rebuilding your lining? I understand the risks but willing to take it knowing that prayer still works and God is still working miracles. Thanks for all the help you can provide. I live in Ottawa, Canada. Good luck with your journey...
update joe doing fine still scbu but should be home in the next week he 4lb 9 ozs now hope you all well xx
I had EA performed just over a year ago.  I have had regular very light periods since.  I have had a positive HPT and I believe I am about 8 weeks.  Waiting for doctors appt.  For those of you that have had successful pregnancies...Did you have a hard time finding a physician that was supportive and positive?
After reading all of the horror and success stories, and doing a lot of research, I decided to go to a fertility doctor to see about getting pregnant. He performed and ultrasound and an HSG to see how my lining looked. He was able to show me where my lining was healthy and the HSG showed that the tubes were clear and where there was scaring. He has stated that he could go in a remove the scars and put me on hormones to further build my lining so that I can carry a baby without major issue.

After having my EO, I still had periods every month. They were lighter, but still lasted a few days.

If trying to get pregnant after an EO, I recommend going to see a fertility specialist first. They can explain the risk, and what your chances of having a safe and successful pregnancy are. After reading all the stories, I wouldn't recommend trying without speaking to someone first.

i agree completely. i wasnt taking any chances and i am taking hormones too.i did notice that they increased my appetite. good luck to you. its great that you have a supportive dr.
YAY! I'm glad things are still going well for and the baby. Our little one is doing very well also. I am having great difficulty with the hormonal issues related to my now surgical post menopausal state as well as post partum depression. I see the Dr next week and the week after to discuss both. Eventually it will all be ok. So happy for you :-)
glad your little one ok and all works out for you to joe coming home next week xx
I have been on this site reading posts since I found out in August that I was pregnant after having a ablation in 2003. We were not trying, it just happened. This site kept me positive and informed of risks. However, I lost my baby boy Liam this week at 18 weeks and was told it was most likely due to the ablation. I was also told by the drs I will most likely never be able to carry a healthy baby to term. I am 39 yrs old, have two children with another man. I wanted so badly so have this baby with my partner of 5 years. Still knowing this risks, I so badly want another baby.
I know miracles can happen no matter what drs say and was wondering if anyone has had a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage from ablation.
Hi Lily,

I have not been on here in a while, I am very happy that things are going well for you and the little one.  My wife is now at 34 weeks and so far everything is looking good.  At 33 weeks the baby was estimated to be 4 1/2 lbs.  She had an MRI last tuesday (Nov 2) no results until thursday this week but it looks like the docs will do a c-section early December in the 37th week.

AJ1961
GLAD ALL OK JOE HOME NOW HE 5 POUNDS ON DOING WELL ,KEEP IN TOUCH LET ME KNOW HOW YOU BOTH GET ON LOVE AND WISHES KAT XX
I have my Dr's appt in a few days...any suggestions, from those of you that have been thru this, about what I should expect from doctor?  
I wish I had found this site sooner.  I had ablation done in 2001.  Last Dec. I found out I was eight weeks pregnant.  I had always had a light period every four weeks, but had been told I shouldn't get pregnant.  My husband at the time of the ablation was sterilized so no worries.  However we divorced and I met someone else.  My OB was the doc who did the ablation but he did not explain any risks.  I had some spotting in the beginning, then at 18 weeks, I had a gush of fluid which I believed was amniotic fluid.  I went to the ER and they said it was a weak bladder as I was 38 and had four children.  They did an ultrasound and I had 17cm of fluid.  The next day was my check up with my OB.  He assured me everything was fine and to continue my regular activities.  In two weeks I went for my 20 week ultrasound and had only 9 cm of fluid.  they couldn't get good pictures and so refered me for a level 2 ultrasound, again checked the fluid and said it was not amniotic fluid and I could continue normal activities.  I went work the next day and felt my baby move for the last time.  On Sunday morning I was spotting and my dr told me I could go to the hospital for an ultrasound to reassure myself.  Well you guessed it.  There was no heartbeat.  They induced me and at 8:37 that evening, April 11, 2010, my son, Chance Michael Savage was delivered.  He weighed 14 oz and was 11 in long.  I didn't have the courage to hold him and I deeply regret that now.  When I asked my OB about trying again, he told me to pray about it!!!  After finding this site, I am so angry at him for not telling me the risks involved.  It hurts so much to not have that baby with me and to know I could have been better informed and that may have prevented my loss.  I am glad and happy for those of you who made it through and are holding your babies today. Sorry so long needed to share. Thanks for listening
sorry for your lose honey it cant have been easy l nealy lost my son at 22 weeks but he holded on ,my waters broke at 29 l had him at 30 it was a very hard pregnancy l wish you all the best l will pray for you too x
Please tell me that they took you off of Coumadin and put you on Heparin or Lovenox injections. Coumadin is very harmful to a fetus and no worries about being pregnant after an endometrial ablasion.....there have been thousands of full term pregnancies following one, Yes, get a new doctor, yours seems to be miss informed.
Hi all. 40 yrs old, Post ablation 6yrs (almost to the date of conception) and am now 15wks pregnant. Found out at 5wks.
After ablation I started my period 6 months later and had a monthly flow since, like clock work every 31-33 days.
Recent NT testing of baby is within normal range. Blood pressure is fine but my sugar is through the roof and they have me on insulin.
I have had 4 children prior to this one post ablation pregnancy, and the only significate difference I see this far (and all pregnancies are different), is the round ligament pain. I started feeling the painful stretching at about 10wks. And boy is it bad! Its on both sides and it paralyzes me with the pain and at times i swear it seems as if i can feel my whole uterus tighten up (like a charlie horse) and then when i ever so difficultly get to lay on my left side, i believe i feel my whole utterus shift, rest and then loosen up! Unlike what internet and forums say about this happening upon sudden movement, i feel an ache coming on as I am sitting or laying still and there is no preventative "position" or heating pad that helps my situation.
Anyway, prior to my pregnancy, i did researh on the topic of "can you get pregnant post ablation" and this forum always came up. I would read the posts and be hopeful yet fearful.... Now it is my time to share "my story" for someone who was once in my shoes.  
Hope this has been of some help to someone out there.
Best of luck to all, whatever your situation is that brought you to this page. I will continue to post throughout my pregnancy.
-Cheri May
Toms River, NJ
BUT.... this is a much wanted and welcome pregnancy.
I am so glad your little guy is home, that is wonderful! How are you feeling? How is he doing? We are doing ok...post partum depression and probably post traumatic stress disorder, but I am on medication so I am hoping to be back to my normal self soon!
Kelly
Hi girls, Haven't hear from either of you for a while...how are you both doing?
iam ok we both doing fine he 51b 12 ozs now glad u on the mend xx
Hi, i found it interesting reading about your situation,i'm 40 next july and have been thinking about getting pregnant.
Like yourself was in a marriage for 16 years and have been divorced now for 2 and half years and met a fabulous guy who i have known for 20 years he is a friend of the families and things are great between us, he has a daughter from previous relationship and she is 6 but lives with her mother but visits us every week. My boys are 10 and 8 and live with me.My ablation was in 2003 and it was explained to me that the chances of me getting pregnant was very unlikely, but at this time it didnt bother me as i was happily married then!!! But things change and you move on.
We still keep researching and thinking about all the pro's and cons but we haven't made a deffinate decision yet. I have been to my doctor twice to discuss it with her and she has been supportive as she has worked in hospitals and her knowledge is good.
Good luck and keep in touch xxx
Thanks for the reply. I wish you the best of luck and am so glad you have a supportive doctor, stick with her. When i walked into my dr pregnant, they were shocked amazed yet not so happy. I have always loved my dr's point blank explanations of things but this time, it all seemed negative. There are great risks as I am sure you are aware of but with some hope faith and belief... all things are possible.  We're trucking along now at 18wks and as of Thanksgiving Day, I catch my baby wiggling at least once or twice a day now, no distinctive kicks yet... but baby is definitely moving around. Next dr appt Dec 10th... boy or girl?? We'll see. Healthy matters. Girl would be nice but the way things are goin and how I am expanding in front... my guess is a boy... I'll keep ya posted!!
I just saw your comment, and thank you! I am very blessed :)
Help!  I'm 35 and pregnant after a tubal ligation and endo ablation.  I had my tubes cut and cauterized in 2002 and had endo albation Dec. of 2007.  It's now Dec. 2, 2010, and I found out today that I'm 3 weeks pregnant.  They did an ultrasound, and my ovaries look good, and the sack looks like it's implanted inside the upper left wall of my uterus.  They told me, however, that it's still too early to rule out a tubal pregnancy.  If it's not a tubal pregnancy, it's still high risk because of the endo ablation I had done 3 years ago.

They took blood work today and will call me tomorrow.  They're already working on referring me to high risk ob doctors.

Has anyone been through this before?
Had an US today. Baby looks good but I have a complete placenta previa. I know all the risks involved with that alone but I have so many questions that I didn't think to ask my OB. I'm hoping you can help me. If I'm high risk for a preterm and in all my previous I've delivered FAST (26 min. from start to finish with my last) should I call an ambulance if I go into labor? Will I know if my water breaks if the placenta is covering my cervix? I've already experienced some cramping at 15 weeks, is this indicative of placenta previa?

Please forgive my negativity but I need to vent. I portray that everything is fine to my friends but I'm full of doubt. I REALLY didn't want anymore children because I get so sick. Currently I'm on daily IV fluids and a Zofran pump. I had to have a PICC line put into my arm to receive these. At first the PICC line was in too far and I was having heart palpitations. This week I'm having cramping. And now the previa. I know this is only the beginning and I still have a long road. I go in on the 23rd to see if I also have an acreta. And to top it all off (this is the very selfish part) I'm having a boy. I so desperately wanted to have a girl! I'm finding it hard to see the hope in this pregnancy when things are so against me.  Are these normal high stress pregnancy feelings or am I just being selfish? Is it wrong to be prepared for the worst and try to hope for the best?

I have no family around to help me out and my husband travels. He is usually gone 5 days a week. He has no vacation/sick time built up and we couldn't afford to go without pay. What would you all do to plan for help with kids?

Thanks so much.
well done you, good luck and all the best.
I keep researching and talking to my partner about it all and this site has bee very informative, i will keep you posted and let you know my decisions.
Rachel UK
keep me informed on how your app goes and all the best.
We are still thinking about it lots.It is such a big decision and i worry about my 2 boys if anythink happens to me.
Mike my Partner is so supportive and i know he wants a child with me, but we want to be 100% what we are going into to.
I  see baby's around our village and i do get broody.
Anyway watch this space and keep intouch. xx
Rachel Uk
I am like many of the women in here and I have been following the posts periodically for months. I live in Phoenix and you mentioned that you know there is a wonderful REI here. I have been to an REI in phoenix and I have a HSG scheduled in January. I wanted to know which REI in Phoenix has such a wonderful reputation.

It has been 4years since my hydrotherm ablation. I am married now and my husband desperately wants a child. I want to take every precaution possible but I do believe that patience, education and informed doctors make a huge difference.
It's been a long time since I've posted!  All is well with me.  My experience was truely a miracle to say the least.  After having ablation over 2 1/2 yrs ago I ended up having a totally normal pregnancy and delivered a 8 lb 8 oz baby boy (Brady Scott) at 38 weeks.  I ended up having a c-section but other than that everything was great.

I held my breath every day of my pregnancy, but as it turned out everything turned out fine.

Best of luck to everyone.  

-Vikki
glad all went well honey ,we all well joe 8lb now and shouldnt even be here yet he was a miracle and thank god for him everyday but it wasnt easy by far ,but he a little fighter x
I had a ablation in 2008 and a tubal in 2004. This past week Ive been having some pain in my lower stomach and cramps and felt constipated.. I also had a surgery in oct where they removed one of my ovaries because I had something growing with hair and teeth!!!! I have been a lot moody and not to mention I have not had a cycle since octobers surgery...I was wondering could I be pregnant?
Hello Everyone:
I am new to this forum. Here is a little of my history....1996 stillbirth Trisomy 13, 1999 Gabrielle 8lbs6oz, 2002 Joey 6lbs 14oz., 2004 Bella 6lbs 14 oz. Two outta the 3 I was on birth control. Bella I ended up on bed rest with a placental abruption born healthy at 38 weeks. In 2005 I had an uterine ablation and was told very risky if I was to get pregnant. Well it is Mid December & I am 9 weeks 5 days pregnant conceived on Loestrin-24. My OB freaked out on me and explained all the risks involved. Had 1st u/s at 5 weeks and said implantation looks good. Referred to a high risk dr.had that visit today and I will not be going back again. Strong heartbeat on u/s but she recommends terminating pregnancy due to the risks told me I have 3 healthy children already. I informed her I am aware of the risks and termination is not an option. I do not want to be naive nor negative. I want to stay educated and prepared for whatever happens. Hoping everything will be o.k. Need lots of prayers:)) Congrats to all of yall. So glad I found you guys!!! New Orleans, La  CMR
Hello ladies (and one gent - LOL)-
I stumbled across this site as well...  I was searching for info on pregnancy after ablation.  I became curious about the subject because I too am divorced (after 15 years of marriage) and now am seeing a wonderful man.  I had the Novasure procedure done in 2008.  At my last OB visit, I informed my doctor that I was concerned about the possibility of getting pregnant and she started me on Loestrin 24.  I never had to worry about birth control before because my ex-husband had a Vasectomy that we watched very closely after having 3 girls (yes, 3).  My OB has always been very good at keeping me informed of the risks of having the procedure and the possibility of getting pregnant.  She told me from the start that I should always consider the fact that I may get pregnant.  However, she also told me that many women have successful pregnancies after the procedure and some don't.  So I always knew the risks...

After reading the posts here, I am very concerned.  Especially with the last post from CMR.  However, I know we can't change God's plan for us. I do thank God that I found this forum.  This is the first positive one that I've come across and I am encouraged.  I love reading the updates and I pray that each and every one of you are doing well with your situations.  

My doctor also specializes in high-risk pregnancies and told me that if I decide to have children in this new relationship, that is was okay and she would make sure I had all the necessary screenings.  Please ladies, if you don't have a good OB, then please find one and check their references.  

I will keep you all in prayer and I hope to hear more good stories from you all.  I pray you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  
just a up date joe doing really well now he 10 lbs cant beleive he was ever 3lb 6 ozs good luck to you all xx
Hi Lily, Everyone, I have not posted in a while.
Just wanted to let everyone know my wife delivered a relatively healthy baby girl Dec 3 @  37 wks 2 days and was 5 lbs. via c-section after having an ablation in 2008.  A very slight acreta had formed(less than 10% of the placenta) but no hystrctmy was performed as the medical team thought it was not sever enough to cause additional bleeding and her body would eliminate it naturally, and so far so good.  We are taking stronger precautions from now on to avoid any further pregancy as we will not go through this again, was a rough 3rd trimester for mom.
Good luck everyone.    AJ1961
Glad to hear all is well. Congratulations on your little girl!
Just wondering how everyone is doing? I haven't seen much talk on the thread lately. Any updates on your pregnancies?

I'm 20 weeks and still holding strong....
Hello all I am new! I had the novasure ablation in November of 2007 and had a tubal ligation after I had my son October of 2005. My ex husband made that decision I was 20 and my doctor allowed it. I am getting married to my best friend of 16 years this coming up May We were wanting to have a child so I researched and found this place and I have to say I am so ecstatic! I am going to meet with a high risk ob/gyn on the 10th of this month to see how my uterus looks. He said if it looks good he may be able to give me hormones to help my endometrium be stronger if it is weak. If he feels I can carry a child we will be getting my tubes fixed! We are definatly airing on the side of caution I want make sure that We are fully educated and if the doctor gives the red light then we know it's not possible. We would love to have a child I so deeply regret allowing my ex husband to control me and that decision I was scared henwould follow through with his threats of leaving.
I want to say that I do know there are risks but I am trying to make all the proper choices and make sure we are prepaired. Also I am so happy to all of you that were able to bring a chd into this world after ablation you do give others hope!!!
glad all is well wirh u all well done to your wife and its something l defo wont be putting myself though ever ever again  xx
I am 38 years old and had an EA 4 years ago.  My periods got lighter, but I still have five to six day periods every month.  I just found out that I am pregnant.  Is there anyone who has had the same type periods and successful pregnancies?  I am highly discouraged by everything I read.  Thanks, Karen
I had a thermal ablation 2 years ago and would love a baby with my partner. Anyone know of things i can take to thicken my lining, does acupuncture help?
I had an endometrial ablation in November of 2007 and a tbal ligation in October of 2008.

I just went to the doctor just a few hours ago to get an ultrasound and they measured my endometrium and found ot it is growing back. They also fond a small jelly bean shaped mass attatched to my uterus at this time they dont for sure know what it is but we I will go see him Monday to discuss the results. They do think that I may have jst conceived so I am worried yet excited!!!! Does anyone have any idea what it could be if not that I am so worried not and I am not wanting to wait until Monday!!!
I wanted to let you know I have heard a few things that help my doctor told me estrogen and also that a fertility doctor can give out meds that would help thicken. My fiance and I were hoping to have a child as I have had my tbes tied and an ablation. I started going to a high risk doctor and asked tons of questions. I did not want to get pregnant and have something go terribly wrong since this is extremely dangerous. My doctor told me that getting pregnant after an ablation is extremely dangerous. However, he did say that as long as the uterus was not scarred and there was enough lining that it was possible to carry a child to term. He did say that if there was not enough of an endometrial lining that I would be at high risk for placenta accretia which is where the placenta grows into the uterine wall. My best advice I can give you is checking with your doctor and getting a few opinions! Good luck!
My docc in uk not interested so thought i would do my own research. I had the balloon ablation and been told that viagra helps to thicken lining too. Am i on the wrong track?
I have visited a few reproductive endocrinologists. What I am learning is that many of them are not experienced with an intentional pregnancy post ablation. You may have to visit several REI's or fertility specialists before you find one that meets your needs. The most common things I have been told about are provera and estrogen for rebuilding the uterine lining. Hysteroscopy may be necessary if scarring is present to allow your uterus to rebuild correctly. It is possible and many dangers can be minimized with careful planning, education and patience. Don't lose hope.

I am like you. I want to have a baby. I DO NOT want to endure the difficulties that so many of the women in here have described. I am mentally prepared for my physician to tell me that carrying a child is not possible and that I have to consider adoption/surrogate. This forum is not geared for us, but I think it is crucial to read through the challenges others have suffered so we don't intentionally jeopordize ourselves and our child.

That said, if I come across any new information I will definitely share it. Please do the same. It seems there are many that are seeking the same answers. If you haven't found the right doctor, keep shopping. This is a gray area in the medical profession. Good luck!
I am also 38. I am a mother of 4 (14,12,9,7) I had an ablation Oct 2009 and had the essure springs implanted since my doctor stressed how important it was to NOT get pregnant.Now  1 1/2 years later I find myself pregnant. I have not had a period the entire time. I just started to feel run down and tired then i recognized the symptoms.
I am now 11 weeks and everything seems to be going along just fine . On Feb 4th I go back to the doctor for an  another ultrasound.
I will watch for you on here and follow your posts. It is nice knowing someone in the same boat.
I am so happy to hear you are 20 weeks. sounds like you had a rough road to get there. How is your energy level?  Is the second trimester easier?
I am now 11 weeks pregnant after my ablation and  implanted essure springs in OCT 2009. You have 3 other children and I have 4. Mine are 14,12,9,and 7 years old.  We are VERY VERY surprised to be pregnant again. My other children are sooo excited about this baby. How about yours?