Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after NuvaRing...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy after NuvaRing...

My husband and I have recently decided to start our family.  However, I'm wondering how my use of birth control is affecting/will affect me.  I used several kinds of birth control pills for five years, and then most recently on NuvaRing for about a year.  I stopped using the ring 2 months ago, and have not tested positive yet.  I've had some light sporratic spotting (about a week before and a week after my period).  It's just enough to see it when I wipe myself.  When do most people return to a nomal cycle after using NuvaRing?  Is the spotting something I should worry about??  Also, how long does it normally take people to concieve (conceive) after using birth control for so long??  Just a little worried that my spotting will keep me from being able to become pregnant...HELP!
There no exact average for this.   If you're under 35 you are suppose to be able to get pregnant within 1 yr.   If you are over 35 then 6 months and get specialist help.

Probably not what you're looking for, but getting pregnant doesn't necessary depend on what BC you used or for how long.  

For what it's worth, I was on BC pills for a long time and as soon as I got off  (not intentionally, I messed up) I got pregnant within two months.  So there was not reserve of birth control in my system.    

Good luck to you.   Try using ovulation prediction kits (OPK)  and having intercourse starting day 10 of your cycle through day 15 or 16.    After you get a positive result on the OPK you are suppose to ovulate within the next 24 to 36 hours.  

I was on Nuva Ring after I had my son about 17 months ago.  I am 25 yrs old but when I started I was 24 yrs old.  The doctor explained all of the side effects of this birth control.  Fast forward to March of 2007, I was having a hard time breathing and I would get dizzy and feel like I was going to pass out. I went to the hospital and was surprised that I had mulitiple blood clots in both of my lungs.  The told me that I was lucky that I didn't have a stroke or a heart attack.  Now I have to be on blood thinners and I have to wait for a while to have another kid!!
i was just put on nuva ring yesterday and after reading your comment it is so coming out.
I was on the nuvaring for two years.. never had a prob with it, its actually been my favorite BC so far, not as complicated and no weight gain. Unfortunitly some peopl experience bad results and some dont. At  the same time remember there are scary side effects to everything..