Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after Uterine Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy after Uterine Ablation

I was just informed today by a fertility doctor that the only way to have a baby after HER OPTION is gestational carrier. Do you think this is the case or is it best to get a another opinion in which an ultrasound, Hsg, etc is done to explore the current  condition of my uterine cavity and ability to carry? Ablation was performed in 2007, currently having monthly menses. It seems realistic given other forums where women with the same issue have received support from their Doctor and have been given estrogen to thicken the lining and better the chances for pregnancy. I am devastated. Please help.
There are doctors that specialize in removing scar tissue from the uterus. The name of what you now have is ashermans.  Dr. Keith Isaccson and dr. Charles March.  Two best docs in the world!!!!!   You can email dr. Charles March for free, and he will answer you on what he thinks your chances are.  I honestly have seen these men work miracles!!!!  I had scarring from a dnc years ago, and was told by 2 docs that I would need a surrogant.  I flew from oh to ca for surgery with dr. March, and now have 1yr old girl/boy twins.  

You are lucky, dr Isaccson is in Boston.  He takes many insurances too.  I looked at your profile and saw you are from Philadelphia.  

Let me know if you would like dr March's email address.  
Yes! Absolutely, I would love his contact information. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. I spent the entire day in tears as we drove from Pa to Va to my in-laws house yesterday. It was an awful day. I swear they only saw dollar signs when we walked through the door.  I am willing to make the drive for this baby. Boston is but a few hours away from us. I have read a few posts where they stated something about Ashermans Syndrome. I'll do more research tonight. My ob who performed the ablation is supportive of the pregnancy so hopefully with Dr. Isaacson's help and guidance I will be on my way. Thanks again!
That is totally awesome that you are willing to go tote best!!!!  I will private message you cause medhelp won't let email addresses go through ;). Also, you can join ashermans. org too.  There is a lot of support there.
Ok, great. Thank you I will.