Pregnancy after birth control
Hi, My last pack of birth control ends December 20th.  We want to start trying to conceive as soon as possible after that.  But, is it safe to get pregnant right after being on birth control for 5 years, or should I detox my body before I get pregnant?
Hi there,
It is recommended to have at least one normal period prior to conceiving in order to estimate your ovulation cycle after cessation of birth control pills. After stopping pills a short delay may occur before ovulation resumes. Depending on the type of birth control pill you are on, your ovulation cycle may resume quickly or delay for some time .It is possible for your period to be delayed after stopping the pill, which may impact your ovulation and ability to conceive. If you do not get your periods regularly within 3 months of stopping the pills you may need evaluation for conditions like hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders, ovulation disorders etc.Do write to us again with more queries.
Best luck and regards!

I was diagnosed with oblique septum (Robert's uterus) Nov. 2010. I was told I was the 7th case ever diagnosed.  After 2 lap & hys. it was removed.  We decided to ttc naturally and for a year.  Now, I just underwent another hysteroscopy to check uterus on 11/14.  Dr. removed some possible scar tissue.  My husband and I did not want to do ivf unless that was our only chance.  When asking Dr. about my egss, he said amh test.  I found out today my AMH is .016 (very low ovarian reserve) and I am 33.  I have been reading and asked the nurse about my FSH and it is 26.  Very depressing, so good to see success stories.  I have an appt. Friday to discuss fertility treatments due to these numbers.