Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after hsg & combined clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy after hsg & combined clomid?

Have any of you ladies had the HSG, if so, what cycle day, and did you get pregnant after? I also may be starting clomid the same month. Any one else have any comments or experiences to share? I got pregnant right after this test before many years ago. Hoping it will clear out my one tube if blocked. Ttc for 8 years, age 40, not really any Leo for many years, & charting and opk, 29 day cycle, healthy eggs, one tube reattached.
Tags: HSG
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A HSG is a simple procedure in which a dye will be passed into your tubes to see the filling and spills. An X ray will be taken while it is being performed to check the patency of the tube. A HSG checks whether your fallopian tubes are open or blocked. It can also remove minor blockages in the tube if any. If the reason of your infertility is a blocked tube, you can fall pregnant the same month itself. If your HSG is done before your ovulation, you can plan for an IUI the same month itself .Do consult your gynecologist and discuss all your concerns.
Best of luck and regards!