Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Dear sir, I would like to know pregnancy rate after laparoscopy for endometriosis and not responded with IUI cycles then how long should we wait for ART.   OR Natural pregnancy can occur if yes for how many cycles we should try.  
Please advise.

Regards,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Moderate or severe endometriosis can reduce fertility due to major pelvic adhesions which can prevent the release of eggs, block sperm entry into the fallopian tube, and prevent the fallopian tubes ability to pick up eggs during ovulation. Laparoscopic treatment of minimal and mild endometriosis has been associated with a significant improvement in pregnancy rates. The response varies in every woman and depends on many factors. For more queries and assistance consult your attending doctor and infertility clinic . I hope it helps. Best of luck and kind regards!