Pregnancy after ovary removal
I hope someone can help me...here's my story

I am 32 almost 33, and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and I had a missed miscarriage just before I caught with my 2 year old.

In December I had my right ovary removed due to a ovary cyst.

Me and my hubby want to start trying for a baby in about April  (wanted to try earlier but wanted to wait until after my surgery).

My first period after my op came on the 1st Jan just about 4 weeks after my op, and I'm waiting to see if I have another one at the start of Feb so that they are regular, they were always on the dot before my op.

I am worried as I know that I conceived my 2 babies on my right ovary (confirmed by scan when I was pregnant) and now that one is gone I'm worried even though it might just have been coincidence that it was right both sides.

I want to start trying but I know that I am going to be stressed and worried if we don't conceive right away (all 3 pregnancies we have caught within a month or 2 of trying) which will cause me major anxiety.

Sorry to blab on but I am wondering if anyone has caught with only one ovary and also did your periods go back to normal after?

How did you all cope with the worry of the unknown?

I have tried opks to see if I am ovulating but I never got a positive when I caught with my last 2 so I don't want to make myself worry for no reason

Does anyone know what the chances of not ovulating are if I have regular periods?

Sophie
My doc told me that the remaining ovary does the work of both.  Ovaries usually alternate (one pops out an egg one month and the other pops out an egg the next month), at least according to my doctor after losing one ovary, the other pops out an egg every month.  Don't know how true that is, but at worst, if the ovary sticks to an every-other-month schedule, that is not so bad either.  My sister lost an ovary to torsion, and when she later tried to get pregnant she got pregnant the first month she tried.  I wouldn't worry.
Hi, I also lost an ovary 9 years ago due to a cyst.  I wasn't trying to conceive until recently, but I do know I had regular periods.  You can chart basal body temperature using a special thermometer to confirm ovulation.  You should ovulate every month, but I do think I have skipped a few and had early periods because of it (21-25 days).