Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy after stopping breast feeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after stopping breast feeding

I have an 8 month old baby girl and stopped breast feeding her at 7 months. I have been trying to get pregnant again for the last couple months and I don't know how or when I can. I have not gotten my period yet and I don't know when my ovulation will start again. Can anyone tell me when I can expect ovulation to return and if there is a good chance of getting pregnant again so soon after breastfeeding?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I did not actively try to get pregnant while breastfeeding, but do know women can and do conceive while bf.  I suggest you starting doing basal body temps in the morning (the best you can with an 8 month old) and see when you are ovulating.  There is a great website, fertilityfriend.com that you could use, and it answers a lot of questions.  I have looked at many charts of women who are breastfeeding, either trying to get pregnant, or using it to keep from getting pregnant.  Good luck!!
Blank
189192 tn?1261345228
Once your get your period, I would start charting your basal body temp.  Lots of info on the net about it.  It will give you a good indication of when and if you are ovulating.  
Blank
I stopped breastfeeding my son after six weeks due to two boughts of intense mastitis.  I had one period about five weeks after I stopped and then six weeks later I began craving peanuts.  That's when I found out about being pregnant with my daughter.  They are 12 1/2 months apart.  I never knew how fertile you are at that point but, believe me, with a three month old, we weren't breaking any records for trying to get pregnant!  It took me a lot longer to get pregnant with the third but all is good now.  Good luck to you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...