Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy

Hello!
I tried to get pregnant for a year. I was unable to. I've been using mc to track my cycle for the previous months and I am pretty regular with my cycle. I may be off a day or two but that's it. I'm wondering if there's a problem or should I keep trying...

( also, the year I was trying to get pregnant I was with a guy that I later found out was a complete waste of breathe. I wonder if it was GODS grace and favor that saved me from getting pregnant )
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
You have been unable to conceive in spite of trying for a year. It is suggested that you should seek the opinion of an infertility expert. Infertility can be due to male causes or related to female.PID, blockage of fallopian tube, ovulation dysfunction; hormonal imbalances all can affect fertility. You will need a clinical examination and tests like hormonal assay, basic pelvic scan and thyroid function tests. Further evaluation like HSG, semen analysis of your partner will depend on the previous test results. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!