Pregnant after mirena removal
I got my mirena IUD removed on may 10, I had unprotected sex on may 11 and during intercourse i began to bleed heavily. Is it still possible to conceive with this bleeding? Before removal I had my period the 4th-9th with some spotting the 10th. Please help :)
Hi there,
Some bleeding is common after Merina removal. Bleeding during sex can be due to several reasons. If a woman is near the time of your period, then bleeding after intercourse may be due to that .Any trauma to the walls of your vagina, bleeding from the cervix because of superficial broken blood vessels, cervical erosions are few other possibilities. You had merina removed just after your periods so the chances of conceiving are very less. A rare but serious cause of vaginal bleeding is cervical cancer. You should schedule an appointment with your OBGYN for further evaluation of this bleeding. A clinical examination, per speculum examination and   a Pap smear may provide more information.
Good luck and regards!