Pregnant with 8 mature follicles?
I just had my 4th IUI yesterday.  I was on Follistim and produced 8 mature follicles.  Actually I had 10 follicels but the 2 smalledst ones were 12 and 13 which she said were not big enough to be mature.  The others were anywhere from 17-23, the largest was 23.  Has anyone had this many or more and got pregnant?  The RE said it was too late for IVF since I did the trigger shot 35 hours before and she asked if we wanted to cancel but we agreed not to.  The RE we had a 10-30% chance of multiles (which is not much).  
To be honest, I'm surprised.  I haven't done IUIs.  Only IVF.  But my understanding of IUIs is that they will go ahead if there's between 1 and 3 follicles and more than that, they will cancel.  I'm surprised that you were allowed tpo go ahead with an IUI.  Also, I'm truly not an expert but I thought the chances for multiples with that number of follicles would be higher!  
Sorry, not trying to scare you... like I said, I'm sure your RE knows better than I.  But I'm surprised they wouldn't have kept a closer eye on you to ensure that it wasn't too late for IVF if there were too many follicles.
my dr. would cancel a cycle either timed intercourse or IUI if more than 4 follicles.
from what i understand if there are more then 4 MOST will cancel what if they all fertilize and implant, HOLY BABIES..lol... best of luck.
I'm VERY surprised they allowed that!  But hey, you'll cross that multiples bridge when you come to it - you can't be worrying about that now.  Gotta get ya pregnant first!  

I had four mature follicles for my IUI this last Saturday, and another four that were around 14mm the day before the IUI (since I had my trigger shot only 12 hours before IUI, there was a chance by O time that more of those would be mature).  They were very hesitant to go forward, but my insurance only approved 6 visits to the RE, so if we repeated it, we'd be paying completely out of pocket for everything.  I figured - what the hell, we've gotta get me pregnant first - then I'll worry about multiples.  

You never know what's gonna happen.  My sister had 6 healthy, growing embryos put in her with IVF, and didn't get pregnant - whereas our friend had only one good embryo put in her, and ended up with twins!  

Good luck... guess we'll both have to wait and see!
I feel like if I finally get pregnant that would be great.  I will worry about the multiples when and if it happens.  The RE said that she has seen some cases like mine and they did not get pregnant, so who knows.
Hmmmmm, that is a lot of mature follies!!  Most REs would have canceled...but who knows....your chances sound great!!
I only had one mature follie, but another one must have really grown from the trigger shot to IUI because I am pg with twins. So, it just goes to show you, one never knows!!!!
I have a friend that had 11 or 12 mature follices at time of IUI and she did back to back IUI.  She only was pregnant with one baby, so it just goes to show you, you can't ever tell.
In my 3 rounds of IUI, I have never had less than 6 mature follies. The 1st IUI was 6, second was 8, and 3rd was 6...and I still haven't gotten pg.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is your lucky month and that (at least) one of them finds its way to the GOLD!