Prenatal vitamins
I got my prescription from my doctor today for my prenatal vitamins.  It's been awhile since I've had children (youngest is now 14) and I remember I was taking vitamin and iron pills, is that not the case anymore, as I only received a prescription for vitamins.  Also, I believe that vitamin and iron were standard for pregnant women 14 years ago, as I didn't have any iron issues or anything.  Let me know if this is normal, OR if I should be asking for some iron pills as well
I've been told to take extra folic acid.  Your body gets rid of what it doesn't need.   Folic acid very good for baby.  I got the folic acid supplement at a health food store. I was also told to take a calcium supplement( however, that coudl be due to being almost 41).

My doctor just gave me prenatal vitamins and an extra folic acid.  He says that the iron in the prenatal vitamins is enough, and he enocouraged me to each spinach salads, even if small once a day to get iron from an extra food source.  He gave me the extra folic acid becase he said you cannot get enough, better safe than sorry. Thus, I am on 1200 folica acid a day between my vitamins and extra supplement.  But to answer your question I think you just need to iron in the prenatal vitamins unless you have a deficiency.
Usually it's just prenatals w/folic acid, unless you have a low hemoglobin to start with.  
Thanks, I read the benefits of folic acid.  Well I have a Dr. appt. on Monday (the 2nd) so I'll ask then, and maybe just get some folic acid vitamins. Thanks Ladies!
I do remember years ago getting prenatals and then iron separately.  I assumed that the iron was enough in the prenatals since my doc didn't prescribe extra.  Then again, I was anemic years ago so maybe that's why I had the extra iron.
Usually prenatal vitamins are designed to cover your iron needs during pregnancy. So you should  be okay with your vitamins.
I became dreadfully sick and ended up in the hosptial twice from trying to take prenatal vitamins.They say it has to be a cobo of the iron and folic together could be the main reason I became so ill with major vommiting and everything.I instead take Flintstones and one potassium because my potassium is low for some reason when im pregnant,and one folic acid everyday with food.Haven't became sick once from doing it this way and feel I am still getting what I need.Still sucks I can't just take one pill for all of that but you gotta do what you gotta do.