Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Preparing for 3rd IVF?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Preparing for 3rd IVF?

I'm 34, my dh is 31 and we just finished our 2nd IVF/ICSI cycle. Our first cycled ended with BFN in September 2007 and this cycle ended with a BFP on 12/30/07! My 1st Beta level was 134 and my progesterone level was good. My 2nd Beta level on 1/1/08 had dropped to 54 but my progesterone level was still good (sorry I don't know exactly what prog. number was) I was told to stop taking the progesterone because with that kind of drop in the HCG it was not a viable pregnancy. It seems like it is one thing after another. I was diagnosed with endometreosis in '93 and had a Laparoscopy, then in '97 did a round of Lupron to supress then went on continuous BCP until late '05. In late '06 my OBGYN decided to do some test on my husband and myself to make sure everything looked ok when they discovered that I had a T shaped uterus and my husband had low numbers. I had a hysteroscopy in November '06 to correct the uterus at which time a balloon was put in to let the uterus heal. After a week I went in for a checkup at which time my RE took the balloon out because through many contractions my body managed to push it down to the point it was not helping . My RE did another Hysteroscopy in Feb '07 at which time he determined that the uterus healed fine and he was pleased. We started our first Clomid cycle in March. We did 2 Clomid cycles  with timed intercourse and 2 Clomid IUI cycles. At this point it was decided to try IVF. We started the first cycle in July that was very quickly cancelled due to lack of suppresion while on Lupron. Our 2nd cycle went smooth, they retrieved 11 eggs, 7 fertilized with ICSI. We transferred 3 - 8,9,10 cell grade 3 embryos on day 3. BFN. My RE had noticed this mysterious spot in my uterus that showed up almost at the end of our first cycle.(This thing had showed up during a certain point in my cycle for months) He did a saline ultrasound and decided it was an irritated gland. I had another Hysteroscopy in October in which he found out it was a small fluid filled fibroid that he aspirated with the retrieval needle and then filled with alcohol. We started our second cycle right after that which  did not go quite as smooth. My levels shot up pretty quickly so we had to wait and probably lost some of our mature follicles. They retreived 10 and fertilized 6.  5 of the 6 looked good and 2 looked promising. We transferred 1 morula, and one small blast on day 5. We again had nothing to freeze. I'm obviously trying to go through everything in my mind to figure out what to do next. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what kind of test or protocals you suggest.
Tags: IVF
I'm in kind of the same boat as you..I am actually thinking about doing my 3rd IVF.  I had a m/c on Dec.8 ,07.  My first was unsuccessful and I didn't have any to freeze and my second they transferred my only 2 that fertilized and both took but ended in m/c.  My dh and I have been trying now for 7 years.  I have 2 more ivf that my insurance will pay but I don't know what next.  I just finished giving 14 things of blood for genetic blood work since right now I can't afford that genetic testing so they gave me blood work that will see if I am missing any DNA or any thing in my immune system...maybe you can ask about that.  
That is all I know right now.  I guess if we go through another ivf and if it fails we "might" look into donor eggs...I just don't know.
Good Luck
Thanks for your response, I'm sorry to hear about your m/c. I know that it means a lot to anyone in this situation to know that there are other people in the same situation going through the same type of things. I will ask about the B/W testing and also ask about genetic testing just in case.That is great that your insurance is paying for some, unfortunately mine doesn't pay for anything. I will do whatever I have to if it means that we will have a child of our own.

Thanks again and Good Luck.
Good Luck! Some insurance will pay for this b/w.  Call your insurance and find out.  That is how I found out it paid for all this. Once again Good Luck!