Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Problems after tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Problems after tubal ligation

I had a tubal liation via clamps in Spetember of 2005.  I started having heavy menstral cycles, and severe cramping which I was told could last a long time after having the procedure.  I changed doctors after being tired of no results.  My new doctor thought that I may have endometriosis so he did an exploritory surgery to get rid of any endometriosis and see what was going on.  It turned out that my clamps were swollen and growing veins around them,.  They almost looked infected so he removed them. I have no idea if this happens often.  I am told that I need to be very careful because I am going to be high risk for tubal pregnancies.  If I want to have the tubes repaired then I would have to pay the $7,000 out of pocket, but that is besides the point.  I am really wondering how many people have had probelms with their tubals ligation clamps and if anyone know what would cause something like that to happen.
I had the clips with springs added in 2004. I have had a lot of pelvic pain ever since. As time goes on my complications are getting worse. Last month I bleed for 10 days when I normally have a three day period. This month I/ve had two periods this month. When I go to the hospital they say they see no problems, but I know something is wrong.
I had tubal clamps put on in 2009 after the birth of my fifth child.  Since then I have had heavy irregular periods with lots of cramping, and even when i'm not on my period I sometimes feel a "pulling" sensation around where my tubes would be.  My doctor keeps telling me this is normal and that it will get better over time, but after reading your stories, I am severely doubtful.  Not to mention that I have now gone 50 days without a period?!  
I have also had some problems with my clamps.  Last month I was on my period for the entire month and this month I am late.  I went to kept doctors, and a hospital. I have heard it could be stress, a kidney stone that is giving me problem and it will pass.  I am still trying to figure out the problem.
I ave also been to the hospital and have pain and contiual spotting?1!
I am no medical expert but I had clips put on in 2004 as well and after a month I experienced such severe cramping I had to call 911 to take me to the hospital. They searched around and said they couldn't find anything wrong with me. Since then I have longer and more painful periods and they get worse as time goes on. I use to get side aches alot and sharp shooting pains down my girl parts. I always felt like I could feel my clips poking out thru my skin, it was so sensitive you couldnt even touch that area without me cringing in pain. No doctor could figure out what was going on.
Just 2 weeks ago I finally had surgery done to remove my clips. Come to find out my left tube and ovary were completely full of infection which was draining into my body. My clips had disappeared into my tubes and the doctor was unable to find them because the tube was so swollen. I would definately have them check this out for you. Hopefully yours is not the same case.
where do u live(state)i am having the same problems u were having but i don't have funds to pay to have them removed...i had mine done in 2009 after my 6th child...every month it gets worser and worser...but i am always told that my symptoms are normal...but i know my body and i know that this is not normal and no one should have to experience this type of pain