Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Progesterone 7 dpo
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Progesterone 7 dpo

I have been ttc for almost one year.  All blood and SA tests have come back "normal" according to my doctor.  However, I recently learned my progesterone at 7 dpo was 5.4.  My internet research indicates this confirms ovulation but is really low.  I have spoken with my doctor about giving me a progesterone supplement from 3 dpo through AF.  Has this worked for anyone else and/or does anyone have experience with this treatment?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
178590_tn?1294180367
I take prometrium vaginally during me luteal phase and it has helped tremendously with my progestrone
Blank
Thanks for the info.  Progesterone suppositories are what the doctor is thinking about giving me.  By the way, good luck with your test...I hope all that water does the trick!
Blank
310089_tn?1232485023
I actually had my progesterone test done at 6DPO.  The result was 7.6.  The nurse told me that anything over 3 means you ovulated, but she didn't indicate that it's low, nor that I have to take additional progesterone.
Does this sound right to you?
Blank
My doctor said anything over 3.3 indicates ovulation.  But when I asked about the level being low, she admitted it did sound a bit low (many sources indicate 10 or higher is an ideal result).  My doctor is consulting with a reproducitve endocrinologist on this issue because she admitted she does not have much experience handling low progesterone and said it could possibly impact implantation.  I hope this is helpful - maybe others in this forum have more experience with this issue than me.
Blank
310089_tn?1232485023
Thanks for the info.
I'll definitelly question my RE next month.
The thing is they ordered progesterone suppositories for me last month, but didn't give me any instructions to use them.
Now I'm worried maybe I should've asked.  It's probably too late in the game to do that now.
Blank
Absolutely consult with your doctor, but my understanding is you use them from 3 dpo through your period (or, hopefully, the first 12 weeks of pregnancy!).  But your doctor may have something different in mind.  
Blank
310089_tn?1232485023
I know that they always tell me that my lining is thick.  I think last time it was 10, I wonder if that's the reason they never suggested suppositories.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...