Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Progesterone after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Progesterone after IUI

was anyone here given progesterone after IUI.

When did you start?
What dose?
For how long?

I was given 10 mg to take twice a day for 7 days, starting the evening of the same day we did the IUI.  Which is tonight.

But been reading online and some REs say it should be started 2 days after IUI>

I guess there's all sorts of different protocols.

But would love some input if anyone has any.
I took progesterone 200mg 2 days after IUI, 2x a day and continued until 12 weeks pregnant. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant.
I started the second day after my iui.  My first iui the dr had me on 200 oral progesterone. I didn't get pregnant. The next RE had me on Crinone, the gel, which is 90 mg (but I don't know if the doses are equivalent since one is oral and one is a gel)-- I also didn't get pregnant. I did get pregnant on my own (no meds or iui) in Jan and was on 400 mg oral progesterone and then up to 800 mg when my progesterone decreased.  However, I miscarried in Feb.  
I think the jury is kind of out on progesterone. Some REs think it may help, can't hurt, while others (like my current RE) doesn't like to put someone on it unless their day 21 progesterone is low.
What type are you taking? Oral? Gel? Suppository?
oral.  Will see. Tomorrow is day 7 post IUI.  Another 5 - 7 days to wait.