Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Progesterone and cramping during 2ww

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Progesterone and cramping during 2ww

Hello, We did a transfer on Saturday and since then I've experienced cramp-like sensations.  Just wanted validation that this is from the progesterone and doesn't necessarily indicate anything.  Also occurred to me it could be slight hyperstimulation symptoms and maybe it is just my ovaries aching.

I personally have not had IVF so I can't tell you my personal experience with that.. but i do know that my progesterone supplements defintely make me have mild AF cramping during the tww!    Also i hear a lot of people have a lot of cramping after their transfers and they end up with BFPs!!!! So i hope that its the little bean inplanting in your uterus!!! GOOD LUCK and keep us updated! : )

Hi Mary, don';t wanna sound like a downer, but I had cramping too soon after my transfer for my very first IVF which of course failed. I didn't have any hyperstimulation of ovaries, but it could have been from all the meds and also from the progesterone supplements.  However, I should mention that I only had 1 embryo transfered and the projected success rate for that was low anyways:(

Wishing you all the very best of luck!! SSBD

-Julie
Thanks for the reply.  Turns out mine also failed.  We also only transferred one embryo.  This was elective on our part. How have things since turned out for you?  All the best.
Hello, I am new to this forum, but have enjoyed reading all of your stories, questions and comments.  Having infertility problems for 14 years now has been difficult and I see I am not alone.  If anyone can help me with some of the abbreviation "lingo" i would appreciate it or direct me too a website that these abbreviations may be on may be helpful.  Some i figured out, most not.  Thankyou     fit4fun
Hello, I am new to this Web Site and after reading about post embryo transfer cramps versus no cramps or no symtoms (symptoms) at all...if anyone can send me a message if they did get cramping after their transfer and if indeed you got a BFP!  If so, what were your symptoms if you don't mind sharing them with me.  I am in the 2WW post transfer on day 8 now and I am very nervous about it not working because we struggled to come up with the money and we won't be able to do it again.  I have a 10 yr old beautiful daughter who is Autistic and we have been trying to give her a sibbling for the past 6 or 7 years but no such luck.  We had not tried IVF before, this is our First Cycle.  I had 3 embryos transferred on day 3 about 8 days ago and have had some strong cramping for about 2 days and now light off and on cramping.  Does anyone have some encouraging words or success stories that you can share?  Hoping to hear from you, this site seems like a great place to make friends, share information and help each through...Take Care everyone!