Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Progesterone and heartburn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Progesterone and heartburn

Does progesterone cause heartburn? I have not had heartburn in years and have it real bad when I eat certian thins all the sudden. Is this one of the side effects. In suppositories is what I take.
Yup! Progesterone relaxes the muscles of your stomach and can therefore cause heartburn. It stinks...I have it too.
I always get heartburn when I'm pregnant!  Are you pregnant or just on supp.'s right now (maybe pg????)
I get it  super bad, it's pretty much the main symptom I get.  I've gotten it a little being on the supp.'s but not bad.  & the thing is I'm a vegeterian, & I don't eat spicy foods either, I get it when I eat pasta's & rice!  CRAZY!
I have had it since the progesterone and I am notsure yet if I am pregnant. Two - hpt bu today is CD30 and I am late. Does pregeseterone cause you to be late?
My RE said that progesterone most likely will cause you to be late.  I am on supplements and she wants me to come in 2 weeks after IUI (Friday) because of that.  I have had headaches and a little dizziness, oh and my BB's are really sore and they never get that way...but I think that is also the progesterone.  

Good luck!
Ok so all my symptoms might be from the progesterone! Yey! Well I am still late and my temp is going triphasic today! I have had two neg tests though so far. I go for BW on Friday I guess if I still do not start! Third month of trying but so tried and I never had this trouble before! I do onlt have the one tube though.
I was very tired this month, & since I got a negative yesterday on my b/w I KNOW it was the progesterone.  I've been on it for 3 cycles now & this was the first time it had that type of effect, I really felt pregnant.
& YES it will for sure make you late.  Unless you stop taking it 2-3 days your supposed to get AF.  But if your seeing an RE they make you stay on it til b/w confirms.  Which in my case means I'm officially late, but I;m not pg........but I sure feel her coming, she is "preparing for landing"!!!  LOL

Here's hoping it worked!  I go for my beta on Friday too - but not holding my breath!
I do not feel AF coming at all! No bloating cramping like that or anything! I hate to pay for BW everymonth and the meds! Aughhhhh

I am going to buy some more $trees ee if I am just early tesing. Today I am on 13dpo but CD30.

This is not going to help me relax to TTC! But when I get that BFP it will be orth it!