Progesterone suppositories after iui
I just had my first iui yesterday,and it went great! Dh had 45 million sperm with good motility after the wash. I had to go back today for another u/s to ensure that i ovulated yesterday, which i did. When i was done, i got a sprip for progesterone suppositories to take twice a day for the next 15 days (starting tomorrow). The nurse said if i've taken them all and af still hasn't come, then to poas and call with the results. But if af comes then to stop taking them, and call to schedule for another iui. My question is this: what is the exact purpose for taking progesterone after an iui? Any advice would be great! I was too excited about getting the news that i did ovulate yesterday to even ask! ( I would've hated to go through the iui and then not even ovulate when i was supposed to! But God was there with us!) Thanks!
It helps prepare your body for conception and pregnancy and regulates the monthly menstrual cycle. It also plays a role in sexual desire.

I do have to take progesterone after 3 days of ovulation.  I will take mine on Friday.

Good luck
Thank you. I thought it was something like that. Did you or are you going to do iui this month? If so, good luck!
I am also on the progesterone 3 times a day since my first iui.  The nurse told me that it helps to build up the uterine lining so that it is more favorable for implantation?  Sounded good to me! (although they are a pain!)
Stacey
Yup, it will help the "bean" stick into the uterus and stay!   Some people have problems with early MC due to low progesterone so it will help with that as well!! GOOD luck and keep us updated! thats graet that you O'd after the IUI!!! Sounds like you have a lot going for you: )
You are too sweet! Thank you for your kind words! I hope my BFP is on it's way, but i know it's in God's hands, no matter how good everything looks. Are you doing iui? Hopefully this will be a good month for all of us!