Progeterone Level
Ok, so I was on clomid this month and did my progesterone level on day 21 which was 33.6. Everything that I read says that this level is good, but when my nurse called me she uped my dose for clomid from 50mg to 100mg and said that my levels were low!.. so now im confused. To top it off, she didnt ask the dr she made this descion on her own..
HI,
The dose of clomid is increased when there is not an adequate response to a lower dose. Ovulation and number and size of follicles are measured to know the response. Progesterone level is only one parameter and low levels can be easily made up for by supplementation.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your response!

They havent done any other testing except blood work, I havent had an u/s to determine the number and size of follicles that I have had with this dose. I dont ovulate on my own, so to me, the fact that I ovulated means it works.. right? I know im not a dr, but I dont trust my nurse. I will be waiting to talk to my dr first, before up-ing my dose of clomid.
Anything over 20 for a cycle with medicine is good.  My level was 34 and I was pregnant that cycle.  (I was on different meds) I think your level was great.  Good luck.
Thank you so much!! That gives me hope!! :) Did they have to put you on progesterone suppliments or anything like that?
I didn't start my supplements until I got a positive test.
I got a postive test today!! :D im sooo happy!!

How did you get started on suppliments? did your dr do a blood test to check your progesterone levels once you found out you were pregnant? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont have anyone I could ask about things like this.. and I dont see my dr until Oct 24
Awesome news!!! They checked my levels later but as soon as I got the + I was told to start them. (They gave me the prescription along with my other meds) A week after my + after taking supplements my level was around 72.  With my other 2 kids they checked my levels as soon as I got my + and started me on supplements then(I had low progesterone with those 2 pregnancies, with the third that was the highest progesterone I ever had) hope this helps! Congrats!!