Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Progeterone Level
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Progeterone Level

Ok, so I was on clomid this month and did my progesterone level on day 21 which was 33.6. Everything that I read says that this level is good, but when my nurse called me she uped my dose for clomid from 50mg to 100mg and said that my levels were low!.. so now im confused. To top it off, she didnt ask the dr she made this descion on her own..
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
The dose of clomid is increased when there is not an adequate response to a lower dose. Ovulation and number and size of follicles are measured to know the response. Progesterone level is only one parameter and low levels can be easily made up for by supplementation.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Thank you so much for your response!

They havent done any other testing except blood work, I havent had an u/s to determine the number and size of follicles that I have had with this dose. I dont ovulate on my own, so to me, the fact that I ovulated means it works.. right? I know im not a dr, but I dont trust my nurse. I will be waiting to talk to my dr first, before up-ing my dose of clomid.
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Anything over 20 for a cycle with medicine is good.  My level was 34 and I was pregnant that cycle.  (I was on different meds) I think your level was great.  Good luck.
Blank
Thank you so much!! That gives me hope!! :) Did they have to put you on progesterone suppliments or anything like that?
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
I didn't start my supplements until I got a positive test.
Blank
I got a postive test today!! :D im sooo happy!!

How did you get started on suppliments? did your dr do a blood test to check your progesterone levels once you found out you were pregnant? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont have anyone I could ask about things like this.. and I dont see my dr until Oct 24
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Awesome news!!! They checked my levels later but as soon as I got the + I was told to start them. (They gave me the prescription along with my other meds) A week after my + after taking supplements my level was around 72.  With my other 2 kids they checked my levels as soon as I got my + and started me on supplements then(I had low progesterone with those 2 pregnancies, with the third that was the highest progesterone I ever had) hope this helps! Congrats!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...