Aa
A
A
Close
Prometrium after Ovulation
My OB/GYN gave me Progesterone (prometrium 100mg per day) to take after ovulation. I have been doing this for several months now. I recently started seeing a RE and when I told him I start the prog either 1dpo or 2 dpo, he freaked out telling me that I should not start them until 4dpo because talking starting it any earlier than 4dpo would cause me not to ovulate properly. I always start prog after I get a +opk one day and a temp increase the next day (which I count as o day). Have I been taking the prog wrong this whole time?  Am I using it like birth control?  My RE told me to just stop taking it this month all together (I'm 5dpo and have been taking since 1dpo) because basically I screwed this month up and I have little shot at becoming pregnant. Does anyone know anything about this?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1217293 tn?1460069383
My RE says 3 days past positive opk to allow for ovulate to occur.  They did tell me if you take it too soon, ovulation might be interrupted, so my RE would probably agree with yours.

Risa
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
318181 tn?1336447096
Since you're temping in addition to using OPKs, you were probably OK; but in general, it's not a good idea to take progesterone too early, in case you haven't ovulated yet. 3-4 dpo is much better, since you know ovulation is over by then. Plus, the embryo won't really attach to the lining until around 6-7 dpo anyway, so you don't really need it right away. Good luck with everything!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
Blank