Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Prometrium and early period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Prometrium and early period

I take Prometrium 14 days on and 14 days off to regulate my period. This cycle my period came 10 days early. Should I start the Prometrium again since it is my day 1?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Prometrium is a type of female hormone progestin. This medication is similar to the progesterone which our body naturally makes and is usually given in conditions when our body is not making enough of it. In women who are not pregnant and are not in menopause, this medication is used to restore normal menstrual periods which have stopped for several months. It is important to confirm if this bleeding is due to your periods or some other cause like an early sign of pregnancy, hormonal imbalances or some other cause. It is suggested to consult your gynecologist and discuss your concerns. A complete medical history and evaluation will be helpful in deciding if you can start Prometrium under such situation.
Early diagnosis and treatment will be helpful. This is only an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. For more assistance and queries seek the opinion of an expert. I hope it helps. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!