Provera
Okay so I am taking the provera for 10 days on 10 mg. I am on day 5 (taking them at night) and I was just wondering who else has taken this medicine and had a horrible time with it... I am definitely getting cramps (from day 1) and I was laying in bed last night so bloated from the medicine that I was literally thinking that I felt like I was 3-4 months pregnant. I know that if I am pregnant that the provera won't make me have a withdraw but they don't recommend it if you are pregnant. I have today and then 4 more days of this and I can't imagine how it could be worse! Anyone else with something to share about their good or bad experiences?
So i am now having seriously sore boobs this morning too... Has anyone had this problem with provera. I had a ovulation test pop positive so I have no idea what that even means... It won't matter because provera is used as a bc and my dh is saving his swimmers for an SA...
Ok so I guess provera is supposed to trick your body into thinking that it is preggo. This *****.
WOW I GUESS THIS FORUM ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT!!!!
Hi Nickie,

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses until now....but I;m a little confused...you're using it as a birth control? Usually provera is given to bring on a period and start a new cycle, and if so, it's meant to trick the body into thinking it has ovulated and therefore help reset the cycle. Since it is a progesterone supplement, it can definitely make your breast tender and it can make you feel bloated too...so that's pretty normal.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and best of luck with everything!

Heather :-)
There are a lot of people that are not in the same boat with us on the board. Some are in IUI and IVF and may not necessarily have anything to share.

Don't get discouraged. I had the cramping and sore boobs the first round I took it and thereafter no effects.
No I am using provera to start my period and then my re is putting me on a 28 days bcp while they do all of the testing that they need to do on me before actually putting me on clomid. I have sore boobs, bloating and cramps, but thank god I should be done with it on Tuesday/Weds and should start af so they can start poking me and doing all of the other tests. The bcp is so she can start the clomid on me right away after this cycle... I am really new at this and it helps to talk to people that have gone through the same thing.
with all the testing are they doing a sonohysterogram? They usually do it CD 5-10, this is a really important test. It is diagnostic test used to discover abnormalities in the uterine cavity. They will also probably do test to see if you have PCOS.

Good luck with the testing. they had to do 4 viles full of blood plus a ultrasound.
I was told that they would be taking 12 viles of blood and that I had to fast and they are going to do a tras vaginal ultrasound... I have another question for you ladies. I have been having positive opks for the last 4 days and I don't know if it is due to the provera or to early pregnancy??? I guess I will have to wait to find out if my cycle starts or not.... I am really freaking out though!
12 viles and fasting? Wow they keeped encouraging me to eat and have a full breakfast before my initial bloodwork. Lots of water also. Even today for my bloodwork they wanted me to have something for breakfast.
I have taken twice to start a period befoire an FEt
Both times it had NO side effects
worked like a charm
Both times I got preggo after my period, estrace and FET!
Awesome!