Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pulling sensation & cramps 9 days after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Has anyone else experienced a pulling sensation in their abdomen after an IUI. I had mine 9 days ago with terrible cramps. Those passed through, I felt great, cramps came back but they were dull and then last night along with dull cramps I had an odd pulling sensation on the right side of my abdomen. I'm not trying to read anything into it good or bad. But, it was just weird and uncomfortable. Has anyone else experienced this after an IUI? Is this normal?
I had IUI 04/30. I am 13 days post IUI, and have been experiencing really bad cramps for about a week. Last night they got really worse, I  had to take tylenol. I have tested once and it came back positive, but since it was a bit early to test, I am waiting until tomorrow to test again. So the cramps could be due to pregnancy. I will let you know if I get positive result tomorrow. Good luck to you.
Good luck to you, big time!!! Yes, let me know what you find out!!! Did any of your cramps feeling like pulling or just cramps? This was just so weird. I usually had cramps before period but never anything like this. I'm only 9 days post IUI so I'm really afraid to take a home pregnancy test but really fighting it not to take one.
Some women here have said they had a pulling or tugging sensation before they got a BFP. Hopefully this will be the case with you!

Good Luck!!!

~Sue
I hope so. I'm trying to remember though that it could just be due to period but I've definitely never felt that before. I hope it's because of a pregnancy though. Should I go ahead and take a pregnancy test or wait it out. I'm only 9 days post IUI. Maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch so to speak?

Good luck to you too!!!!
Wait a little longer! If you had a trigger shot, it may still in your system. I also read that the hcg usually doesn't rise enough to be detected by HPT until 2-3 days after implantation. Some people get early BFP. Some people don't get a BFP until they are 14+ dpo. Good luck! SSBD! I hope you get a BFP this month.
docsaf is right. If you did an hcg trigger it won't be out of your system until approx 10 days after and that would be tomorrow, right? I would seriously wait to test until at least 11 dpiui if not 12dpiui. Some women test on 10dpiui just to see if the hcg is out then test the next day and see what it says. If it was neg and then pos the next time then you know you're indeed pg. I advise to wait until at least until 12 dpiui to be sure.

~Sue
Anyone that has been having dull cramping/twinges/pulling sensation have any of you being on prometrium. I am 6 dp IUI (had a double) and having those feelings but on prometrium so wasn't sure...This two week wait is killing me...
No, no prometrium. And the trigger shot is DEFINITELY  out of my system. I had the shot on Saturday night as per dr.'s instructions so that would have been on the 2nd.Went in for the IUI on the 4th so that puts me 11 days out as of yesterday and 12 days out as of today. Took a home preg. test yesterday just to see. It came back negative. Surprisingly, it did not upset me at all. So although I was already 100% certain the shot was out of my system (the shot made me feel odd) having the test come back negative just made me 150% sure that the shot is definitely gone.
I made a decision last night and I am resolved. I'm not going to take any more tests because really at this point no matter what it says I'm not going to trust it. And after reading the fine print on the home test last night I was upset that they can claim 99% accuracy 5 days early and then admit that they aren't at all accurate.
My gums started bleeding last night and I couldn't stop crying this morning. So either I'm pregnant or I have an awful bad case of PMS (and I have gotten this sick before a period before so I'm not ruling that out just yet). If it's the latter I'm doing what I wanted to do about 5 days ago, taking one of the pain pills my OB/GYN prescribed for PMS so that I can actually get a little sleep. If I am pregnant I'll probably just cry again, curse the Tylenol for not working and then be very, very happy that I don't have to go through all of those God-awful fertility drugs again for a long, long time. I am past frustrated. I am actually to the point where I just want to punch something and go to bed and I just don't really care because I'm too crabby to care. Oh, that can't be good.
hi I just did my IUI last friday morning and i am on some progetrone capsules to be inserted into my vagina. Since yesterday day 3 of my IUI i am having cramps and very sleepy and tired. Is this normal????
I had cramps almost completely through my tww. The first cramps started after the IU and were very painful and lasted for about 5 or 6 days. Then they stopped only to start up again around day 10 past the IUI. Those at the end must have been due to AF because I got a BFN on my test. However the doctor did not put me on progestrone so I have no idea about this. I was also very tired but I think this was more due to lack of sleep due to the cramps and being worried. Have you tried posting this question about the progetrone capsules on the main Post a Question section? I've seen many women here state that they have been on these capsules and maybe they would be able to address this concern. I'm sorry I'm not any help in this department! :)
Thank you so much for your reply, by the way after all the cramps was ur pregnancy test positive and is it a sign of Implantation. Sorry wat is BFN and AF again ???

Thankyou once again and do keep in touch

My pregnancy test was a Big Fat Not pregnant or no and AF = Aunt Flo , period. So your cramping was good? You are pregnant? That's wonderful if you are.

I had read that light cramping is an early pregnancy symptom so I was so sure that I was having implantation cramps and was pregnant. Unfortunately a lot of the early pregnancy symptoms are on the same page as PMS. OH well, better luck for me this time around I hope :)
I'm sorry I don't have on my glasses. I think I just misread your statement. I read "after all cramps was ur pregnancy test positive" and thought you were saying that your's came back positive. Sorry.

How are you doing? Where are you at on your tww? Are you far enough along to test yet or still on the wait? Sorry, I've lost track !!!!
I am 10dpIUI an d11 days post trigger shot.  I have tested and it is negative, but that does not suprise me.  I am sure it is too early, or I am hoping.  This is my 3rd IUI and DH and I don't seem to have any huge fertility issues.  I have never been preg.  I am having some major cramping on my lower left side and it apparently affects my leg too.  They feel like my cycle, but I am hoping that is not it.  I test next Tuesday and I don't think I will take anymore test until then unless AF shows her ugly head.  Good luck to all out there and if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
Hi, I'm new on here and looking for some hope! Had 1st IUI Friday 2nd October 40 hours after injection and 2 days later ive got period cramps!!! Is this normal?

We have unexplained infertility issues, we are very lucky to have a little boy who's nearly 5 but have been trying for second for over 2 years.

Ive not come across many success stories :-(

Lots of baby dust to you all X

i had my iui on sunday without hcg and am not feeling any cramping is it a good or bad sign pls reply
Hi, i would say its a good sign. My period came, i knew it was on the way. 2 days after IUI i got pains!!! I go for 2nd scan on monday and then 2nd IUI at end of week. I'm feeling relaxed about it all  now and if it doesnt work then maybe it's time to stop!!! emotions are very hard to cope with.

The best of luck to you. Please let me know if its works

Amanda
x
hi everyone..

im new at this .. heres a bit of history
im 24 yrs old and since ive been with my husband we've never used a condem. we have been together for 7 yrs and out of those 7 married for 3. last yr we decided to seek fertility help after just waiting for it to just happen.. the dr told me since my period was irregular i wasnt ovulating and my husband semen sample showed that some werent moving well, from sept 08 till like around may 09 i was on clomid and just going for post coital testing with no luck. last month was my first iui with no clomid med .. then on sun oct 18 i had my second iui.. but this time i did have clomid 50mg for 5days. im supposed to be checkin this monday if it worked but im scared since im already having cramps like when i get my period.. and im kinda chickening out to go im afraid to hear the " sorry you didnt get pregnat" again..
sad to tell you that it did not workout for me its fail i saw my period yestaday right now am really feeling like a failure but i know that am not i will keep trying but not immidiately.
takecare
So sorry to hear you got your period. I feel for you. The emotions of it all are so very hard. I believe my second one failed also, ive had cramp since i had it done and i got a show of blood yesterday (3 days after iui). To be honest i'll be pleased when the 3rd IUI is over and my hormones can return.

I wish you the best of the luck for a baby in the future xx
hi i did a pregnancy test on day 9 after iui came out negative does it mean i am not pregnant been trying for years.
I think you may have taken the test early. I was told not to take a test until 2 weeks after IUI. I've had 3 IUI's ( very emotional time) Unfortunatley all 3 failed but we left with good results as hubby stopped smoking etc and sperm was loooking fantastic so we havnt given up hope.

Fingers crossed for you and a positive test X

Best of luck to you x

Hi there,
Reading all these posts somehow made things easier to deal with. My husband and have been ttc to for a year and no luck.  He has low sperm morphology and I am apparently fine.  We had our first IUI attempt (after taking 50mg clomid days 2-7 and a trigger shot the nite before IUI)  that was 14 days ago. I have been cramping since day two of my IUI, it may be your bodies reaction to the fertility drugs (if you took any).  We did a HPT on day 10 and got a BFN....we were sad but we're still hopeful.  I have long 36 day cycles like clockwork=annoying. Therefore the wait is even longer.  I am expecting my period on the 4th of Feb and hoping by some miracle that that first test was wrong.  I am probably ignoring the obvious and prolonging being upset but I am not ready to accept it yet.   thank you for sharing your stories, they are encouraging and hopeful.  Just have to stay positive and prepare for round 2! :) Baby dust to you all!  
i am on my third iui.  first two on chlomid and so is the hubby.  this last round was with injectables along with a trigger shot.  i went into the office on thursday of last week and got an ultra sound showing my two eggs.  they gave me the trigger shot that day and i went back friday for the iui.  this one is definitely different from the other two.  i also have been doing the suppositories started on sunday.  having mild pulling cramps and ridiculous hot flashes at the same time every morning.  i am depressed about this whole process since i never ever imagined i would experience this.  my hubby's count was low but very good motility per the doc.  with this last iui, they used 6 million.  i know it only takes one but lord.............im so tired of being disappointed.  this is the one gift i really want to give my hubby that i cannot buy....BABY DUST TO US ALL AND HOPE TO HAVE GOOD NEWS TO SHARE NEXT FRIDAY.
today is 13 days from my iui and i do my hcg test two times already but its all negative.. now im so hopeless...
Today is my 9th day after IUI have lots of pain in my right side, headache and feel like i'm going to get my period I called the doctors office three days ago and the nurse told me it my be implantation pain.  I'm desperate to find out if I'm pregnant should I take a pregnancy test today our waith till next week................
Mink81 : Hey m d same in the board....I had my IUI 8 days ago....cramps in my lower abdomen n m suffering from gastric problem since then.... doc advised pain tablets and gastic one too....oh God its still d same......hope things get soon wid u too......
I am at the first time here... I been visiting this forum since my 1st IUI march'11.I wanted to share my story with you.. I had my 3rd IUI in 11.29 now I experience bad cramps like I am going to get my period...please God not again...I am going freak out.This is so emotionaly, somethimes I think I cannot handle it any more.
This time I took so seriously, I swich to decaf all the time, not doing work out, no smelly lotion and parfumes...all that kills cells(doc advice).

I been on follicum (5 days x100ml) and Ovidrel 250ml...had two days IUI, my hubi sperm was count 171 mil.The fifth pay post IUI I had blod work and 22 in progest.level., doc say is not good enough and he told me to take 400 ml progesteron suppost.instead 200. Let see tommorow is that makes any diff.
Tomorow I am going for a pregnancy test...I don't know what to do after this, if doesn't work except cry for a days.

Thank you all for stories at least I can tell someone or somewere, since cannot share with my friends, they all have kids and they have had never experience any of this.
I had my first IUI done on Tuesday Morning. Early Wednesday morning I woke up to serious cramping and today I have a clear mucus disharge with a small amount of dark blood. Does this mean the procedure didn't work? I do not take fertility drugs or shots. This is was done using donor sperm from a bank.. Any suggestions? Don't sugar coat it please
Hello everyone...I'm new on here and looking for some hope! I been visiting this forum since my 1st IUI Aug. 27, 2013. I wanted to share my story with you. I experience bad cramps like I am going to get my period...please God hope not...I am going freak out. I have kind of mixed feelings.  I also have been doing the suppositories started on Wed. Aug. 28, 2013.  having mild pulling cramps and ridiculous hot flashes at the same time I felt so warm. My Dr. say's I don't seem to have any huge fertility issues even I'm at my 40 years of age.  I have never been pregnant before. When they do my checked up everything came out great...somehow... I am not if it's true that wearing perfume kills cells. Is it true? My fertility doctor did not tell me anything about not wearing perfume or putting lotion? Don't know but I like to have my perfume on me everytime I go out of the house. My Dr. told me yesterday to do a home pregnancy test this morning Sept. 10., 2013, it came out negative. Hubby say's it's probably too early to do a preggy test. I'm kind of depressed right now... this is the 14 days since my IUI. But my pregnancy test kit say's 6 days before period. My period will not come until like the 16th of the month. This is kind of confusing for me. Read articles that home preggy test is not really that reliable. Don't know anymore! I'm really confused. Hubby say's will do preggy test again by Friday and I hope I have a good news. And I hope I don't need to do the 2nd IUI anymore. Good luck to all of us!!! And thank you all for your stories :-)