Question about first round of clomid
Hey all i know i already posted today but i have another Q. I am going to start my first round of clomid and i called the doc and this is what they said. I will take 50mg twice a day on days 4-10, then on cd 15 i will go in for an u/s and if i have a follicle ready the want to do sperm washing and iui. doesn't that seem a bit much for the first round. i mean the sperm washing and the iui. i have gotten pregnant before on clomid and we did nothing eles just clomid and BD. should i bring that up? I was just curious?
Amanda
Hi, I just did my first round of Clomid 50 mg once a day and didn't O.
My doc want to double the clomid for my second cycle and do 100 mg from day 3.

I don't know why u have iui and others if u have gotten pregnant before.

tell me, did you O on your first round before on clomid and got pregnant?
ummm i dont think i ovulated before i took clomid but on the first round i did but i dont remember what mg the clomid was then that was almost 3 years ago i did get p0regnant but m/c on my first round of clomid last time i wish you better luck this time
Hi Amanda, Yes I would bring it up.  I'm fairly new to this also, just finished my second round of Clomid and 2nd IUI, I'm on 2WW.   I am having IUI becuase I'm using ds.  But, I'm guessing your doc. just wants to be extra sure those little guys get where they need to go.  He/she should defintely have been more clear with you though regarding why your doing the IUI.  Are you seeing an RE or an OB/Gyn?
Also, cycle day 15 sounds a bit.  Is he/she doing a cd 10 - 12 u/s to check follicles?
i am seeing an Ob that does fertility stuff. and i talked to them and they are going to do timed intercourse this time instead of iui. i felll a little comfortable that way. but DH sperm is perfect and the doc even went so far as to say he had super sperm and my DH being  a man is very proud..lol... i thought since i would take me last clomid on cycle day 10 then a cd 15 wouldnt be that far off but i also just realized that 4-10 is 7 days is that normal to take it for a full week? i have mostly seen only 4 days? is this normal? HELP so many questions!!!
I've only heard of 5 days.  Check with your doc. because 7 is a bit long.  I've never heard of that.  Typically, you take it for 5 days, then begin checking OPK's 3 days later.  Your LH surge should come with 5 days of your last Clomid.   Best of luck.
I would agree with LJ306.  I was on clomid and always took it for 5 days a month.  Started out w/ 2 times a day then moved to 3 times a day.
As for IUI, the chances of getting pregnant are greater than just BDing, but if you want to try Bding prior to jumping to IUI, just tell your ob.  
I'm doing injections but chose to BD instead of IUI, maybe we'll do an IUI next month.
I think it just depends on what you are looking for.  It sounds like this dr has an aggressive approach.  For many people that is what they are looking for.  If you want to slow it down, just let him know.  The only thing that stood out to me about your schedule is usually they do an hcg trigger shot with IUI.. or as a minimum do opks and wait for positive sign of LH surge.  But really hcg trigger gives much better odds on timing of IUI. It is usually done 24 to 36 hours before IUI.  My experience has been that 36 hours is the best timing.  

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you..
i am new to this site, i have never had the courage to ask any questions, but i have been learning from everyones experience. i have pcos, and i am 27. my dear hubby and i been ttc for 10 mnths with no luck. i am trying everyhting, i was given 4 mtnhs of clomid to try, PRAYING THAT IT WORKS. Just finished my fist cycle days cd3-cd7. i also read a lot about evening primrose pills, and that i also start just yesterday. i am already feeling pelvic pain and breast pain i don't know if its a sign of ovulation. i am on cd 13