Question about my u/s
I got my radiology report from my u/s Saturday night.  This is what it states:
Intrauterine gestational sac at 5 weeks 5 days gestational age. No fetal pole is yet visualized consistent with early gestational age.
Small amount of free fluid in the cul-de-sac.
I understand about the baby, they said it all looked good and is progressing, but what does the fluid in the cul-de-sac mean?  I've never heard of this before.
That's normal radiology lingo.   They're referring to the shape of the fetus...it's like a cul de sac and there is a small amniotic fluid.  Look for things like the measurement of the sac and whether or not there's a yolk sac, etc.  You should be able to see the heart beat in the next week or week and a half.  Good luck to you!
was that a vaginal u/s or a belly one?
Okay, it says that there is an intrauterine gestational sac present measuring 9mm which gives a gestational age of 5 weeks 5 days.  My hcg levels were 5818 on saturday night/sun morning and 15726 Tuesday morning.