Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Questions on cervical mucus (CM)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Questions on cervical mucus (CM)

I'm 23, came off my birth control in August 2009. I currently take metformin 500mg 2x a day for my pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I've been sick since last Wednesday and went to the doctor on Thursday in which I was prescribed Amoxil 875mg (Amoxicillin) and Promethazine-DM syrup. I've been on both these meds before and never had any weird side affects. I thought I ovulated early this month (cd11) Jan 4, because I had intense pains on the left ovary and horrible breasts soreness. I also had intercourse on Jan 3 and Jan 10. Today, I've used the restroom several times and each time I go I have more and more eggwhite-like mucus (tmi, but the third time I went, I got a very big "glob" of it all over the TP). It doesn't smell, and I would say the color is off white..like an ivory? I was able to really strecth it pretty far between my fingers. My question is, does this sound like fertile CM...or does this have to do with me still being sick? I've looked up both medicines, and neither one say anything about increased fluids. I'm not TTC, but at the same time we are not preventing either. I've never had so much CM before, so it got me wondering!

Also another question....can you have fertile CM and not ovulate???
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
Sounds like you will ovulate soon. Def sounds like ewcm.

Yes, you can have fertile CM and not ovulate at all. Your body gears up but for whatever reason an egg fails to release. Has happened to me many times and is so frustrating.
Blank
It's cd18, and AF is due next week around Jan 21. Nothing else hurts at the moment. I know a week ago today I had the worst cramping on the left ovary...I was so sure that I was ovulating at that time!! Oh well, my body is all weird anyways!

Thanks for your help!!!
Blank
Hi, I am wondering if I'm actually ovulating--how do you know that your eggs failed to release?   I read that after ovulation your cm is supposed to dry up, pronto, but mine never really does. It gets less egg-white but doesn't "dry up" like the book says its supposed to...
Blank
958842_tn?1266516199
It sounds to me like it's the meds you are on.  The cough syrup probably has that ingredient that I don't know how it's spelled LOL, but starts w/a G.....
That will loosen up all your mucus in you body, including CM.
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
I knew when my doctor did a progesterone level and it showed I was not ovulating. Also I would not have an increase in my temps.
Blank
Thats what I was thinking, although this only started yesterday and I've been on the med since Thursday. I had some today only once when I went to the BR. The only thing that is confusing me is that, I've been on this med before and never had anything like this before. But I guess our bodies change, so who knows!!! Thanks all for the help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...