Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Raynaud's and Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Raynaud's and Pregnancy

I've just recently suffered my 7th miscarriage, and have had alot of tests done, but have all come back normal, but i've just recently thought about myself having Raynaud's and i've looked it up and i've found alot of info about how it's connected to Lupus and other autoimmune disorders, i've never actually mentioned to my doctor about how i suffer from raynauds and i've never been tested for any autoimmune disorders.
Do you think that there's a possibility that i have lupus and that's why i'm miscarrying, also i've had 2 premature births which both times my waters broke at 36 weeks and they have both been low birth weights, one being 4lbs 7oz and the other being 5lbs 5oz.

If anyone has any experience with this and you could let me know, i would really appreciate it.

Thankyou
Donna
No experience with that.  I would talk to your doctor and maybe a specialist in internal medicine.
Avatar n tn
Hi Donna, I recently came back from a pre-pregnancy physical and my doctor decided to do an antibody test because I have Raynaud's. He said it can affect fertility and that if the test came back positive he'd go ahead and send me to an infertility specialist right away. I've done minimal web research and have already come across premature births as a possible impact of Raynauds. So please do discuss it with your doctor. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, and good luck.