Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Really light Af after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Really light Af after miscarriage

Alright...My body is driving me crazy. Yesterday I posted that af started accompanied with the usual cramping and bloating. Well, Af only apeared for a couple hours and was very light (no tampon needed) then has not been back. Since I did just have a miscarriage Dec 14th, could I just have a really really really light period? Anyone had this happen? The reason I don't think it is implantation bleeding is because of the cramping. It feels just like a period, minus the blood.

I hate my body sometimes.
Help???
it could be implantation bleeding and the cranps are because your uterus is still tender for just being preg. i hope everything works out.
I just don't see how I the cramps couldn't be af. I hope it's not but.....I guess I just have to practice being patient some more.
The same thing is happening to me! My body is totally confusing me.  I had a m/c on Dec 18 (1 week b4 xmas, nice)!  I was 8 wks at the time.  Anyways for the past 3 days I've had very very very light bleeding.  Sometimes I'll wipe and won't see anything for rest of day.  I am hoping it is implantation bleeding but that seems so soon, and I don't think it last for 3 days. I've got breast tenderness and mild cramps.  Supposedly you ovulate 14 days after HCG is 0.   I went to see my ob/gyn today, it would have been my 2nd prenatal visit, but he told me that you can have irregular bleeding after m/c.  Hope that helps...keep posting.
Well, that makes me feel better that your DR. said irregular bleeding is normal...even though it doesn't feel normal. Did you an hd ttc right after your miscarriage? Did your Dr. give you the OK to try before one cycle?

My bleeding hasn't ben enough to fill up a panty liner. (sorry tmi) Is your's the same? (if you don't mind me asking.

I hope the best for you... and that you are in fact preggo.
Yes I also had a natural mc. I passed everything on my own at 7 weeks, but baby stopped developing around 5 (so the dr. thinks).
I bled for about 5 days.
It is so weird that we have having the same exact thing. That makes me think it's normal and I'm not pregnant. I took a hpt test this morning (dollar tree hpt) and I thought I started to see a line but I think my eyes were just playing tricks on me. When you stare at those things for so long you start to see what you want to see. I might take another one tomorrow of later today, (if I can hold it for long enough).

I hope the best for you Yvette and really hope that you are in fact pg. Sadmomtobe got pg before af and after mc, so their is some hope for us. If not, next month for sure okay?

Keep in touch!!
Mines the same....not enough to fill panty liner.  Today is the 4th day.  In fact the bleedings never got to the panty liner only on the toilet paper.  I just can't figure it out!!  It was so weird one week after the m/c I had a lot of cervical mucous, so if I did ovulate on the 25th I could have technically started AF on the 1/8. But it is so light! With regard to ttc, I was told to do so when I was "emotionally" ready.  Although I'm distraught right now I know me getting pregnant again would be so wonderful.  I think as long as no D & C you can TTC as soon as you stop bleeding.  I am TTC ASAP.  It's only because we've been trying and talking about having a baby for such a long time.
I don't think I'm pregnant...just hoping.  I thought the signs were more closely related to AF.  I feel like a freak with a calendar -checking dates, waiting, and obsessing.  It's driving me crazy!

Was yours a natural m/c or did they do D&C?  Mine was natural and after the baby(tissue) passed the bleeding almost immediately stopped, pretty much the next day there was no bleeding, until 1/8.  I'm just wondering because this whole experience is so confusing to me, and I really am not sure what to expect.  I was told that AF would come in 6 to 8 weeks.
I wish both of you the best of luck and hope your wishes come true! I had a miscarriage accompanies with alot of bleeding...3 weeks of heavy stuff! (PCOS related) Anyhow, the period accompanying the mc was light as I had recently shed my linning .....

I had a missed abortion and then a D&C right before Xmas.  Eventhough this is different than you, I have had the same type of bleeding.  Very, very, light.  I spotted 1 day after D&C and then had no symptoms for 1 day.  The next day I started spotting and cramping as for a period and it lasted a week.  The doc said that was probably my period since it usually comes then.  I just don't understand how that can be hormonally.  Do you have any info to share or comments?  Thanks.