Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Robitussin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Robitussin

This question may seem a little odd, but I read that women who take clomid usually have to take robitussin because clomid dries the cervical mucas??? And robitussin thins out the cervical mucas...Has anyone heard of this???? I was just wondering because when I got pregnant in Sept. 06 I had a REALLY bad cold and was using robitussin (before I knew I was pregnant really wasn't  trying then) And I haven't had a cold or anything since so haven't used it, could this have helped me conceive?? I wonder if I have problems with my CM?? Any opinions would be great....And that was my ONLY pregnancy...
Some women do use it. I haven't tried it myself. If you do take it, you are only supposed to take it for the week up to o, not after. Other ideas to try are drinking a glass of grapefruit juice every day. There's a product called PreSeed, that is available online that I have used and is very good IMO. Several women here attribute their bfps to PreSeed.
I know I see that alot thinks it helps...I just told DH about it and I think that we are going to order some. I know I read about the robitussin on the net when I was looking up clomid and I did see that it said only take it up to O day...It was just odd that when I was sick and did take it right after that I found out that I was preg....weird...I'm new at all of this what does IMO mean?? I'm  a dork....kinda figuring some abbreviations out on my own, but having trouble with this one..lol   thanks
IMO means "in my opinion", I think... Shoot, it took me forever to figure out what DH meant!
There's a full list of abbreviations on twoweekwait.com  I still have to look them up from time to time. FET got me, frozen embryo transfer :)