Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
SA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

SA

alright, well i just got the actual report back from my dh SA, and I have a few questions about it. We are trying to do our first IUI this cycle (and we are on a rush since i just had my lap for endo, so my RE wants to be aggressive while the window is open after my lap).   So it says that the ph is decreased and the motitily and morphology are also decreased... it says my dh normal morphology is 2% (normal is >6%)  and the motility for rapid progression is 35 (normal is above 40). SO my questions are this:
*. from "collection" time til lthe time we made it to the lab and it was analyzed it was almost an hour, will that affect the morphology at all?  or any of the other numbers?
* has anyone else gotten a bfp thru iui or all natural with these types of numbers???
       we are going to redo it on monday (i start my first round of femara on sunday) do you think if we get it to the lab quicker that will change anything?    will we even be able to do IUI if these are the correct numbers or will we have to look at IVF?    ANY advice is greatly appreciated, i'm stressing out about this!
When my dh was doing SA they told us that the most important factor that affects those #'s is time since last ejaculation.  Your dh should not abstain for more than 5 days (or else morphology and motility decline) and less than 2 days.  Sperm can survive in seminal fluid for some time so getting it to the lab within 1 hour or less is OK.

I hope IUI works for you!
He abstained 4 days, so I wander if that has anything to do with it! I hope so!  well check it on monday with only 2 days and see if that helps!  I am sure hoping that these numbers will be better!!! who knew we'd both be reproductively challenged!!
You know, if SA numbers are on the low side, I read somewhere that abstaining fewer days is better.  So, waiting for only 2 days should help.
Good luck!
I sure hope so!!! thanks so much! I appreciate it! I had him taking vitamin C becuase i thought that was helpful for the swimmers, but now i'm wanderinf if that had anything to do with making it more acidic (the PH was 6.6). Who knew there would be soo many factors involved!! goodness! thank you!